Chapter 1

Apricity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Here's your coffee Ma'am . "

You tried to be as polite as possible and made sure that honey was dripping from your voice . You stretched your lips into a smile and bowed after keeping the mug on the table . Impatiently you glanced at the clock that hung on the white wall in front of you . You still had 30 minutes till your shift ends . Your eyes wandered to the bunch of students sitting and giggling in the corner of the café . You smiled seeing them enjoy their youth but soon the colour drained from your face when you remembered your days when you were a student . It was definitely not the best time of your life . Shaking off your thoughts ,you distracted yourself by observing a couple who were having a great time together . 

You were so into observing your customers that you failed to notice your bestfriend who had just entered the café . " Still daydreaming Miss Caffeine ? " Your chain of thoughts broke when you heard that annoying voice that belonged to your favourite person . " Stop calling me that Jongdae ! " You hit his arm playfully . Jongdae had been your bestfriend since you were a child . You both had grown up together in an orphanage . After all these years , he was still by your side . He knew every inch of you ; he could see through you . You were surprised that he still was a friend of yours , even though he had everything and you had nothing .

 

" So how's life ? " You handed him his favourite beverage - Iced Americano and took a seat opposite to him . " Great . I know I'm surprised too ! I' still y and single . How 'bout you ? " You sighed and looked outside . " Lousy , to be honest . I'm still working as a waitress and the landlord is pestering me about the rent ." Having a stable job was out of your league . At the same time , you were the one to be blamed . You were the one who gave up on your dreams and decided to live hard . " Then let me handle her . I can lent -"

" No Jongdae . You did it last time but you're not doing it again . I can handle it myself . It's not like I'm unemployed ." You argued . " Okay , okay . Don't be so cranky . " He pulled your cheeks hard making you wince. You rubbed the red spot on your cheeks and glared at the culprit who was grinning at you like an idiot . " I swear I'm gonna kill you one day ." You threatened him and you were sure that you were gonn shoot bullets from your eyes . " Your bestfriend is going home for two months and you're going to treat him like this . People are right , vicious words hurt like bullets ." He feigned hurt and you chuckled at his cute expression . You don't know how you were going to manage to live for two months without him . He had been a constant support to you but he had to go . His mother was having a knee replacement surgery and he had to be present there .

" Did you pack all the essential things ? " He hummed in response .

" Comics ? " 

" Of course ! How can I forget it . "

You smiled in satisfaction . " I can't understand how your boss is so cool with you being on leave for two months ." You spoke with disbelief . " I'm telling you Mr.Byun is the best boss in the world . He can be annoying at times , but man , he is funny ! " Jongdae exclaimed . You had never met his boss but according to what Jongdae had told you , he was an angel . You had seen his face in the print media  for he was one famous CEO . The opinion that you had formed about him that he was an insanely handsome rich CEO .

" Before I forget , I have a surprise for you . " He said in a sing- song voice . " What is it ? " You leaned in as curiosity took over you . Your expression looked like that of a kid capering about the room because he received an ice-cream . " You are going to be his secretary instead of me for the time that I'm gone ." Your grin dropped and horror filled you as realization hit you . " What ! " You shouted as you stood up and your chair fell . All eyes were on you as you took in what your bestfriend just said  . " Calm down ! " Jongdae picked up your chair and pulled you down to sit on it . He apologised to everyone and looked at you . " Mr. Byun is a nice person and I asked him for a favour . Look Y/N , I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter