Chapter 5

Apricity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You removed the earplugs when the car ride came to a halt . “ Thanks Jongdae for dropping me home .” You smiled at him and he shook his head . “ It’s isn’t big a deal . Moreover , I was excited to meet you .” He explained . “But I disturbed your sleep . It’s going to be midnight . I-” He cut you off by hitting you on the head and you glared at him . “ That’s why you should go inside and annoy your boyfriend who was supposed to pick you up , not me .” You smacked his head and quickly got out of his car before he could retaliate . You stuck out your tongue at him before he drove off .

You were standing outside his house , thinking about different ways of roasting your boyfriend . You were in Paris for a week to attend an art workshop and he was supposed to pick you up today . You were so excited to see him after a week but he didn’t come to see you and instead sent Jongdae to pick you up . Seeing your best friend was nice , but you wanted to see him too . You fished out the keys of the house from your purse and unlocked the door . What was inside the house was ethereal . You felt that you had opened the door to heaven . Your feet moved on their own and you closed the door behind you .

Candles were lined up on the floor on your either sides . Unfamiliar drawings with stick figures hung on the wall . You laughed as you observed each one of them ; it was as if a child was asked to draw them . The first drawing was about your first date with him . It showed a couple on a picnic who were kissing each other .The second picture was about your second date , it showed you and him playing rock , paper , scissors to decided who will pay the bill . The drawings that followed it were about your dates and special moments you shared like when both of you cooked together , when you were caught kissing in the meeting room , when you painted his face when he was asleep . You stopped when you saw a plain white sheet hung on the wall . You were momentarily surprised when you felt arms around your waist and immediately turned around to look at the culprit . “ What is all this Baekhyun ?” He just smiled at you and held your hands .

“ Y/F/N , thanks for giving me a second life . I had a life before but it only had space for work . Since you came , I became distracted but I don’t care as long as you are the distraction . I had everything but you . I thought it was a cute little crush but it was way beyond that . When we started dating , I felt like a teenage girl who fangirls about the boy bands she loves . I just wanted to be with you all day , it was unbelievable that it was real . I found myself falling deeper in love with you each day . You are my universe and I love you so much . I just can’t wait for the time when we’ll have a family of our own , when we’ll have kids , when we’ll wear wedding rings . So Y/F/N , will you marry me ?” He kissed your hands and you saw nothing but love in his eyes . You just jumped on him , your hands around his neck and legs around his torso . “ Yes ! Yes ! A million times yes !” You whispered and pecked his nose . He spun you around and kissed your forehead .

You spent the rest of the night talking about your future plans and before falling asleep , he drew a drawing of him proposing to you on the plain , white sheet .

♦             ♦              ♦             ♦

Your eyes widened as you saw the balls knocking down the pins . The boy danced with ecstasy and hugged his buddy . You had never tried your hand at bowling in your life . Jongdae reiterating invited you to bowling but you never were interested . Lifting the balls and then knocking down the pins , there was no sense of pleasure in that. Your interest was confined to the claw machine. As a matter of fact , you were good at it. Your dexterity with the buttons was good. The felicity you experienced after successfully picking up a toy was immense.

You had never imagined playing bowling with y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter