Chapter 6

My secret: The promise I made that day

-Different Vibe-

 

 

Beep beep beep...

*click*

Dahyun opened her eyes slowly after her clocks alarm set off. Her room is still dark, and her window hasn't emit any sunlight yet, signalling Dahyun that it's still early in the morning. She checked the clock and it has already been two minutes past 5. She was about to close her eyes to continue her sleep when she noticed her phone buzz. She checked it, and saw 2 messages from her father.

(Dad)

-Morning sport! That's what my colleagues call their sons/daughters. Like it? Isn't it fresh like sashimi? Hope you're doing well Dahyun.

-Oh, I asked for ham to be delivered there a while back. I should arrive soon, probably by 6pm, so be sure to be home at that time to recieve it.

Dahyun smiled at the message, and placed her phone close to her heart and hugged it. She misses her father alot, but she knows how busy he is with work―most especially now that her mother is gone. It also doesn't help that her brother is studying abroad. She sat up, and prayed for an excellent day before refreshing herself, and wearing her glasses.

Dahyun readied her stuff, and fixed her bag and the table after eating. She made sure to check if the house was in anyway disordered. Once she was ready, she walked towards her mother's picture, and said goodbye before locking the house.

On her way to school, she passed a newly opened cafe. It was not a store she has seen yet, and it was a store in black with shades of pink. It was a cafe somewhere on the main street. The store is sandwiched between an old bookstore, and an old 2 story wooden dormitory. It was weird and eye catching, since it didn't match the two structures beside it. She stood there admiring the giant glass that shows the interior of a cozy cafe, showing soft pink cushions on black furniture. The tables were checkered with black and pink, while the floors were white tiles. CD's and signatures were decorated on the wall, with plants surrounding the area. At the far end, there was a stage with band instuments―drums, keyboard, electric guitar, bass, tamborine. It looked more like a bar than a cafe to Dahyun. She then checked the name of the cafe.

'BLINK cafe'

It was when she saw a girl―older than her by a few years―approaching her from the inside, did she want to leave. But instead, she heard a somewhat calming, yet strict voice which made her stop in place.

"Hello! Customer, are you browsing for some coffee? Sweets?" the girl approached with a smile, showing the menu.

Dahyun first scanned the girl, then the menu. The prices of the coffee, sweets, fries, basically everything, was reasonable. It's just that the place looks like it's not for relaxing, nor does it look like it's a place for coffee.

"Ummm-"

"Right miss, this way~" the girl purposely dragged her inside. It made Dahyun surprised with the sudden act―her glasses bouncing up and down from being dragged. She was given a table near the stage. After sitting down, the table was wiped clean, then she was served with water, and the menu was placed on her hand. It all happened too fast that she was dumbfounded. It was only when a bell was rung, that she snapped out of her little daze.

"Okay, can I have your order?" the girl smiled, waiting for the dumbfounded girl to respond.

"Ummm-"

"Are you forcing orders again Jisoo?" a voice from the back stated.

"FALSE ACCUSATION! She's genuinely a customer" the waitress stated, earning a sigh from the other.

"Is that true, miss?" the girl asked, earning a soft shaking of head from porcelain skin.

The girl then stared at the waitress, who was scratching the back of her head from the answer. The girl then sighed and showed an apologetic expression. "Sorry for the girl, she is... excited" the girl with a serious face stated, earning a prideful hum from the girl in a waitress uniform. "That is not a compliment" the girl added, making the waitress glare at her. They had a small staring contest before going back to the girl still locked on a daze.

"Anyways, I'm Jennie, and this is Jisoo" Jennie stated. "We are the owners of the store, though I still study, Jisoo has graduated. We work with two more people, but they aren't here right now" she added.

"Please do come again, and invite your friends" the girl stated, before helping Dahyun out. Once she was out, her dumbfounded expression never changed.

"What just happened?" the girl thought to herself, before checking the time. It was already 6:25 in the morning, and she had to rush going to school for her not to be late. She then slapped both sides of her face, fixed her glasses―for a fast wake up―and ran.

 

( * )

 

It was in the middle of class, and Dahyun couldn't focus at anything the teacher was saying. She looked out of the window with her palm as a rest. "What a weird start of the day" she thought to herself, before reachging out to her pocket. She slowly opened the folded flyer given to her, "even the paper flyer looked a bit off". White border over black background with shades of pink and white letters. After checking it closely, she folded it once more and placed it back on her pocket where it belongs.

The class ended, and once again she was reminded about their assignment. She released a deep sigh―since all her compositions have been unsatisfying. "It is probably because I don't have anything to write about that I can't seem to make something good" the pale girl thought to herself, and shrugged it off. Dahyun packed her stuff, and was about to go buy some food when her phone vibrated.

(1 Sana <3)

-Will you eat on the rooftop again or will you join us on the table Dahyun-ah? :3

Dahyun sighed seeing that it was from Sana once again. "What happened to the peaceful environment I had once in this school?" Dahyun thought to herself seeing that her time of solitude became less frequent due to the energetic being that is Sana.

 

*A few days ago*

 

"Let's go Tzuyu, we might be distracting these two, I will leave the cupcake here unnie~" Chaeyoung said, before leaving the cupcakes on an empty arm rest.

"Play nice you two" the youngest stated, and left with the cub while laughing.

Dahyun deadpanned at the two girls antics, and watched as the two left. She then looked at the girl who was hugging her, and sighed. "Will you let go already un-" she was cut with a heavy glare. "Sana-unnie" she continued, making the girl smile never letting go of her grasp.

"A few more minutes" Sana stated, earning a sigh from Dahyun.

Dahyun was sitting waiting for the girl beside her to let go, when she felt her phone vibrate on her pocket. She then reached out for it and saw a photo notification from Chaeyoung. Dahyun raised her brow with curiosity. Apparently, she was tagged on that photo. She swiped her phone open, and her eyes widened at the picture. It was a picture of her being hugged by Sana, with her looking at Sana with a calm poker face. Immediately, she asked Chaeyoung to delete the picture.

"Dahyun-ah, what are you typing there so seriously?" Sana asked, and reached for Dahyun's phone.

"Nothin- Hey!" she said while trying to reach out for her phone. It was futile, seeing how agile the girl was. After seeing the photo, she let out a satisfied "aww" of appreciation. She then proceeded to save the photo on Dahyun's phone, ready to be lined to herself. She searched for her number, and noticed that there wasn't any name on it. She stared at Dahyun in a serious manner. She then began typing something on Dahyun's phone.

Dahyun was curious about what's going on her phone, but she decided it's best to wait for the girl to finish rather than making her pissed. After awhile, the girl showed her the phone's screen. The contact information was changed to '1 Sana <3'. Dahyun opened in surprise, and tried to reach out for her phone. But to no avail, Sana's arms are longer than hers by a long shot. Not willing to surrender, she stood up and tried to reach for it, but after Sana stood up and tip toed, she felt her chances of grabbing her phone gradually decreasing.

"Sana-unnie, give me back my phone!" Dahyun desperately said, still trying her best to reach for the device.

Sana laughed at the tofu's efforts―she found it rather amusing to tease the girl. Once Dahyun was feeling tired, she stopped tip-toeing and rested. Sana followed suit, and pet the girl for her efforts.

"Dahyun-ah, if you change this contact info. I will punish you ok?" Sana said, with her hand pointing one finger up while wearing a wide grin.

Dahyun gulped and covered the side of her face with one hand. "Ju... Just...! Give me back my phone unnie!" Dahyun stated, now trying twice the effort to reach for her phone. Sana was surprised at the sudden act. She tried to tip toe aswell, but to no avail, she lost her balance and they both fell. Sana was on the floor, and Dahyun was on top of her.

"Ouch, sorry unnie... are you okay?" Dahyun said while fixing her glasses. She looked down, and noticed how close their faces were. Sharp monolidded eyes connected with light gleeful ones. Sana was smiling straight at Dahyun. And after a soft giggle, the older girl poked the younger's nose softly. "Its' Sana" the older one ended.

 

*Flashback end*

 

Dahyun sighed, and went back to reading the text message. "Looks like I have to deal with her for a while" Dahyun thought to herself while walking straight to the canteen.

(1 Sana <3)

-Will you eat on the rooftop again or will you join us on the table Dahyun-ah? :3

-I will join you guys...

-Yaaaay!~

Dahyun sighed at the message. "Seriously this girl" she thought to herself, before closing her phone and started pacing towards the canteen. She wanted to ignore the message, but she knew that ignoring is not an option when it comes to Sana. Once she reached the table, she saw Sana stand up to greet her. She lowered her head a little as a sign of greeting, and sat beside Chaeyoung.

"Dahyun-ah, why don't you sit beside me?" Sana asked, while gesturing on the space beside her.

"Sit still Satang, can't you see she's uncomfortable?" Momo stated, while eating her jokbal.

"Awww, but I want to be closer to her Momoring~" Sana said

"Whatever Satang" Momo ended.

Lunch time continued like usual. Jokes here and there, and witty lines thrown every now and then. It was when Dahyun reached out her pocket for her phone, that the folded flyer fell. Tzuyu noticed it, and picked up the flyer. She smiled and peered closer to Dahyun.

"Is this the flyer for the newly opened shop, unnie?" Tzuyu asked.

"Ahh... Yeah... I bumped to it earlier this morning..." Dahyun said while loking up remembering what happened. Her face suddenly turned a bit sour before shaking it off. This wasn't left unnoticed by Sana, who giggled in place. "It looked more like a bar than a cafe..." she muttered softly. 

"We should go there some time" Jeongyeon stated.

"Yeah, everyone should~" Sana stated.

"Then what about later?" Tzuyu asked.

"Sounds good, we should all go" Chaeyoung stated with a smile.

"Ah, sorry mah little bud, I am needed in the track later" Jeongyeon said.

"Ahh, I'm sorry I can't go aswell... I have dance practice" Momo sighed, showing a sad expression―not because she wanted to go―but because she didin't want to practice.

"Oh yeah! We have to memorise our scripts later!" Nayeon shouted, before scrolling through her phone. "We need to check our props and everything..." she sighed, and held her head with worry.

"Well, I will go later" Chaeyoung said, with a full smile.

"I can also go, there's nothing in my schedule for today anyways" Tzuyu said, and looked at Jihyo "Right, unnie?"

"Yeah we're free, why not. It has been awhile since the four of us hung out" she stated, while looking at the girls.

"We're here too~ We wanna check out the place too! Right Minari?" Sana stated, hugging the girl beside her.

Mina sighed and nodded, she smiled at the four girls and locked eyes with the smaller one. "Yeah, I want to check it out at least" the girl smiled.

"Wow! Minari-chan! You will get out of the house for once?" Momo asked. "What happened to the 'I rather stay at home and watch movies, stream anime, and play games all day after studying' Minari?" she added.

"Eh? I go out of the house some times..." Mina stated and looked down. "Just not often" she added, with her head held high.

Everyone laughed at the small act, and readied themselves to part ways for the second half of their class. Dahyun grabbed the folded flyer, and was about to walk out when she felt two hands hug her neck. The smell of fresh vanilla and lavender filled the air. She felt a sharp chin lightly resting on top of her head, and long smooth hair dangling by the side of her face. 

"Dahyun-ah~" Sana said, while locking Dahyun in place with a hug.

"Yes, un... Sana-unnie?" Dahyun stated, now being dragged closer to the girl hugging her.

"Let's go to the cafe together ok?" Sana stated, while swaying both of their bodies slowly

"...."

"I'll take that as a yes then!~" Sana ended, and left Dahyun to watch her vanish to the crowd of leaving students.

While walking out, Dahyun looked at her wrist watch and accidentally bumped on to someone due to her negligence―not paying attention to the road. "Sorry" she excused herself, and looked up to see a bunny-like smile.

"Watch where you're going Dahyun-ah" Nayeon said, while wiping off invisible dust off her shirt, then Dahyun's. Once she was done, she smacked Dahyun by her  making the girl flinch. The pale-skinned girl looked back for a second before shaking her head. "There you go, now run along little one" she ended as she watched the pale girl walk further away from her.

"Dahyun really looks familiar... I just can't put my finger on it" Nayeon thought to herself, before pacing out of the Canteen.

 

( * )

 

Dahyun yawned. The school bell has already rang it's last, signalling the students that school has ended. She packed up her things, and prepared to leave―literally pacing herself out of the school. She was already by the outer courts, when she heard someone calling out her name from the school's building. She turned her head back slowly, then fixed her glasses to have a clearer vision―to see who was calling her. It was Sana waving her hand, half of her body was already outside the window of the toom.

"Wait for me Dahyun-ah!~" she screamed out before going back inside the classroom. It took her awhile before she saw the girl running towards her. She can hear the soft giggling getting louder and louder, as the girl comes closer and closer. "There's something about the way the girl runs that seem to burst with color..." she thought to herself watching a clumsy pair of feet totter towards her. It didn't take long before her foot got cought up in something making her trip and fall, landing on her bottom. "Nevermind..." she thought to herself, before walking closer to Sana.

The girl was laughing while constantly saying "It hurts", while sitting down and rubbing her aching . Dahyun sighed and reached out a hand to help her stand up. The girl then smiled, and reached out for the small hand that reached out to her. Once she stood up, Dahyun helped her with wiping off fine dust off her uniform.

"Are you ok? You should be real careful next... time?" Dahyun was scolding the older girl, but she felt indifferent from the girl who was now staring at her face smiling. "Is... is there something on my face?" she asked, and the girl replied by shaking her head.

"You're such a caring person, thanks for taking care of me Dahyunnie~" Sana said, making the pale girl blush. Her usual pale palor turned red in a matter of seconds, with her body reacting to it by facing away. She then continued walking towards the cafe.

"Wh... Whatever you say" Dahyun muttered shyly. It didn't take long before she heard a soft giggle, and the girl she helped ran beside her. Sana began hugging Dahyun's arm, and all Dahyun did was push her away.

 

( * )

 

Dahyun appeared once more in front of the cafe, only this time she was with Sana. Jisoo's eyes sparkled at this, and rushed out to greet the two. "You're back!~" she stated while looking at the two girls before her, gesturing them to enter the cafe. Dahyun scratched her arm, it shows how nervous she is to be together with Sana without anyone―most especially outside. She was slowly getting used to the girl's company, but that is only for a certain level. The pale girl ended up texting Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Jihyo, asking where they are. It didn't take long for them to reply.

(Chaeyoung)

-I'm with Mina-unnie rn unnie~ we're on our way there! :D

(Jihyo)

-Tzuyu asked me to bring her there. We would be going to the cafe in a while after I finish my paper work.

"Table for six please!~" Sana said, making the waitress nod her head and make her way inside, after inviting the two girls in. "Come on, Dahyun-ah~" she chuckled to herself, while physically dragging the girl inside.

The cafe was filled with mostly students and young people. The cafe had customers left and right. There were people on their laptops, some are a group of people discussing about who knows what, some are playing cards―UNO and the like―while some are playing jenga. More than a music cafe, it seems to be a board game cafe as well. It was too diverse, and it had too many things going on. Lights were neon pink over a black wall with amplifiers, and speakers seem to surround the room. Each speaker play a pop song, or a party song. 

"Hey, it's the girl awhile ago" Jennie said, while coming from the kitchen to serve some fresh coffee over the table on the far left side. "I guess you're right, she is a customer" she ended, before going back to the counter to ring the bell.

The two girls were lead to a seat near the stage with instruments and amplifiers. Dahyun looked at the stage, specifically the piano. There was something about the small stage that made her feel both longing and emptiness. Her face was downcast, as the cafe atmosphere felt darker and heavierVthis was until she was dragged away by Sana.

"This is our seat Dahyunnie~" Sana stated while pointing at the table. She looked at the girl who was dragging her, with a dumbfounded expression.

"Wait..." the pale girl stated, hearing laughter from the staff. She watched as Sana sat down on one of the chairs and signalled the younger girl to sit beside her by patting the chair next to her. Dahyun watched the girl with an expectant smile, and sighed. She then paced her way on the seat parallel to the older girl.

"Aww, you don't want to sit next to me Dahyunnie? That's fine..." Sana said, with a hint of disappointment.

The two girls were talking to each other with Sana trying to act cute in front of Dahyun, and Dahyun brushing it off. It stayed like that for a while when someone called the pale girl.

"AHHH! Dahyun! What are you doing here?" Lisa stated while hugging the girl. Sana saw this and took note of it. "I thought you weren't the type to go out to these kind of stalls" she added.

Dahyun opened ready to speak, but was soon cut by Jisoo. "So Laliz, you know this girl?" she asked.

"Well yeah, she's a school mate" Lisa said, while serving the two girls water.

"How did you guys meet?" Jennie joined the conversation.

"I hit her with a soccerball!~" Lisa proudly stated, earning a strong smack on the head from Jennie―making the blonde girl screch in pain.

"Pabo! Why are you proud of it?" Jennie asked, with her two hands on her waist.

"What!? If it wasn't for the ball, we wouldn't be even talking like this! Of course I'm proud! I am friends with this adorable tofu~" The blonde girl stated, while now hugging the pale girl sitting down.

The table was filled with small talk. This was until a customer from the other side of the room called for them. The girls then nodded then went back to work after saying their goodbye's.

"Bye Dahyun!~ Talk to you soon!~" Lisa said, while blowing a kiss to the pale girl before parting. 

This made Sana pout and stand up. The girl then paced herself to the seat beside Dahyun while pouting. "I thought you weren't close with anyone other than Chaeyoung, Jihyo, and Tzuyu?" Sana said in an irritated manner.

Dahyun fixed her glasses and sighed. "I'm not... They are just surprisingly clingy like some someone I know" Dahyun said, and drank some water.

This made Sana smile and giggle before hugging the girl beside her. The random act that Sana did, made Dahyun choke on some water. The table was soon filled with Sana's laughter and Dahyun's grunts as she tries to fix herself. It didn't take long before the other girls arrived at the scene.

 

( * )

 

Their day has ended and everyone left the cafe. It was already nearing dusk, and the sun has yet to set. The sky was orange fading to dark blue on one point. The girls then went on their separate ways. Jisoo lead the group outside, and bowed thanking the girls for visiting the cafe. They made four new friends with Rose working on the kitchen. They had a fun time on the cafe, and decided that they would all visit again soon. But this time with everyone on the group. Dahyun was walking on her way home, when Sana joined her―seeing as they were both walking on the same direction anyways. Sana was in front while Dahyun was 3 steps back.

Their walk was a silent one. It wasn't a disturbing silence, but a rather comfortable one. Sana was smiling, while Dahyun was looking down watching the steps she took. The silence lasted for awhile, until Sana had decided to break the silence.

"Thanks for inviting us to the cafe, Dahyun-ah" Sana said, while walking underneath the orange sky.

Dahyun looked at Sana for a while and back to the ground. "It wasn't me who invited everyone though... It was Jeongyeon-unnie who invited everyone, then Tzuyu who pushed it... I didn't do anything really" she ended

"That's not true Dahyun-ah~" Sana said after shaking her head. "It was your flyer that brought this up in the first place" she added.

"..."

When Sana didn't hear a reply, she smiled. The walk was back to being silent. Once they reached the sloped intersection that separates their path home, Sana stopped making Dahyun stop as well.

"Well, this is where we part ways right?" Sana asked, before turning around to meet with sharp monolidded eyes.

Dahyun nodded awkwardly "Yeah..."

"Well then, see you tomorrow Dahyun-ah!~" Sana said, with her usual Jolly personality then started to walk up the slope.

Dahyun had thoughts on her mind that she wanted to say. So she opened , but quickly shut it seeing that the girl has already missed her chance. "There will always be next time" she thought to herself, and went on her way towards her house.

Once she reached home, there was a package left there. She checked it and saw that it was the same package her dad delivered home. But it was weird seeing that it was left there. Usually, the package will not be completely delivered if there was no one to sign it. Infact,  tt would be delivered back to the shipment factory, where you would have to pick it up from there. She then checked for the signature, and her eyes widened in surprise. It didn't take long for the door to open.

"There you are kiddo" a voice coming from the door was heard. Dahyun quickly lead her face towards the direction of the door, and smiled from ear to ear.

"Onii-San!~"

 

[tbc]

 

------- 

 

Author's note

Eyy!~ I'm back >w< Hope you enjoy this post. If you have any questions regarding the story, don't be afriad to ask.

I love criticism so don't be afraid to criticize my work~

Till next time readers~