Return of the School Meal Club (Plus one)

My secret: The promise I made that day

School did not really end like how it started, and it was something Dahyun had to accept. The reality of things where in, it's not always good things. Infact, it is the opposite. The complete and polar opposite. It's always bad and never good. But, I guess that's how it is in the real world.

Classes ended, and Dahyun decided to rush home. Her phone's battery is drained, and she didn't really want to deal with people. All she wanted to be is alone. Alone in her room. Probably thinking of ways how she made the day a bit worst for her. Just a bit.

As Dahyun reached her room, she placed her glasses on her study table, took off her socks, removed her tie and tossed it away, making it land on the floor. And after reaching her bed, she hurled her back on the bed and heaved a defeated sigh. She then looked up and searched every spec of dust on her room. Her mind, clearing itself from any thoughts. She didn't want to think, but the sudden shift on her best friends mood was something else. It was leaving an itchy feeling somewhere behind her head. A few blinks later, she decided that nothing will happen if she stayed wallowing depressing thoughts on her room.

Dahyun sighed once more before getting out of bed, and heading straight to her cabinet. She grabbed her black joggers and an oversized hand me down sweater that her brother bought for himself, but was one size smaller. It was a bit too big for Dahyun, but she likes the comfort it gave. After getting even a fresh pair of underwear, she headed to the bathroom and took a shower.

Dahyun entered her room once again, she was still drying her hair witha towel when she took her phone to charge. She sat down by the edge of her bed and sat back. A moment to breathe, it was what she needed. She then stood up and looked at her study table, where a picture of the three girls together a few years back stands. She went closer to it and saw everyone smiling, and the nostalgia of her past seemed to overflow and fill her mind. She closed her eyes as she leaned to the table--with her two arms as support-- and let her memories overtake the worries away. Away from the fact that they were all smiling a little while ago, before she said something that ruined the mood. Before she literally destroyed the joy that was filling the atmosphere. Before... let's not go there.

Dahyun sighed, tied her hair into a messy bun, and grabbed her bag. She took out her pencil case and her book. It was best to get the thoughts off whatever it is she is thinking of by studying. She took her glasses, and wore them before opening her book and taking her highlighters for whenever she eneded to highlight any important details. It took a few moments of reading, when suddenly.

*ding dong*

 The doorbell rang. She checked the time and saw that it was 8pm, a bit later in the day for anyone to just casually visit. She then, went on her way downstairs, to check the guests. Upon opening the door, she sees two familiar girl's with bags and pillows on hand.

"Hey dubs!~ We're staying here for the night" Chaeyoung stated as she pats the shoulder of a dumbfounded Dahyun using her free hand.

"Huh?" Dahyun voiced out.

"We're having a group study here tonight!" Chaeyound cheered, raising her free hand and taking in Dahyun for a hug.

"Group study?" Dahyun asked, still being subjected to a tight hug from Chaeyoung.

"Yes, didn't you read our texts unnie?" Tzuyu asked, showing her phone's messages.

"Not really" Dahyun stated, before she felt the freedom from the tight hug that the younger girl gave. She then fixed her glasses and sweater.

"You are asking the wrong question Tzuyu, let me have a go" Chaeyoung stated, making Tzuyu roll her eyes and wait expectantly on how the smaller girl will act.

"Unnie, are you alone tonight with no one around?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yes" Dahyun replied.

"Will your dad be getting back home tonight?" Chaeyoung asked, this time though, her face went closer to Dahyun's face.

"No" Dahyun replied.

"Do you love me?" Chaeyoung asked, this time she was inches away from Dahyun's face. A wider smile had formed on her lips, showing her dimples.

"Umm, So-so" Dahyun stated while bringing up her right hand and twisting it slightly, after which, she pushed the girl's forehead away from her with her left. The reply made Chaeyoung pout and sulky, as Dahyun watch in amusement.

"You're the one asking the wrong question, Chae" Tzuyu said as she smiled and watched Chaeyoung's reaction. She then turned her attention to Dahyun who was still holding the door and asked, "So, will you just let us stand here outside, or are you going to let us in?".

Dahyun looked at the two once more. Tzuyu smiling widely, showing her dimples and Chaeyoung who was still pouting and sulking beside her. It didn't take long for Dahyun to sigh and lead them inside the house. "I mean, they are already here anyways right? Plus it would be inhumane if I sent them back home now..." she thought to herself and went straight to the kitchen to heat up some water. "Tea or chocolate?" Dahyun shouted, from the kitchen as she waits for her two guests to settle.

"Chocolate definitely!~" Chaeyoung replied before heading straight upstairs. Tzuyu on the other hand, dropped her stuff and went to help Dahyun with preparing the hot drinks. "Need a hand?" she asked.

"Oh, yes, thank you Tzuyu" She said with a smile. She then checked the living room and found that she just left her stuff there in the living room. Dahyun then opened the kettle to fill it with water and said, "Can you get the chocolate for me? It's in our pantry".

Tzuyu nodded then brought out the hot chocolate from the kitchen's larder, placing it near the pale girl. Dahyun expressed her gratitude by giving her thanks and Tzuyu smiled.

As Dahyun wait for the water to boil, she told the younger girl to bring up her stuff to her room, so that everything is settled. After Tzuyu nodded, she went to pick her belongings up to bring it to the room. Dahyun then went to prepare the chocolate powder in 3 different mugs. She then leaned her back to the counter and sighed. The sound of the water boiling, the smell of powdered chocolate filling the room, and the random tapping and knocking on the second floor, it all reminded Dahyun about her younger days. Where everyone was having fun in her house. The smell of chocolate filling the place as her mother made everoyne hot drinks, and the looks on their faces as they happily drink the hot chocolate. Where did the time go? and where did the happiness it brings with it go to? All these thoughts that were slowly invading her mind, ruining whatever happiness is left. And the fact that remains, that everything will never be the same again.

*Whistle*

The kettle started boiling, and the sound made Dahyun snap out of her thoughts. She then looked at the kettle as it emits smoke and turned off the flame. Once she was ready, she took the pot holder and poured the hot water on every mug, making sure not to spill any hot water on the table counter. After everything, she stirred the mixture on three cups to form the hot chocolate that it was meant to be. It did not take long for Tzuyu to come down stairs and help out with stirring and serving the said drinks upstairs.

As they entered Dahyun's room, she saw Chaeyoung already settled on Dahyun's bed, playing with her phone. After Chaeyoung took notice of the two entering the room, she went up to Dahyun and grabbed her share of hot chocolate, never forgetting to say her thanks.

Chaeyoung took a sip from her mug and hummed in delight. After a few more sips, she let out constricted air and said, "You know what this hot chocolate needs dubs?"

"No, not really" Dahyun replied, sweeping the floor and setting a mat in the middle of the room.

"Marshmallows! It needs marshmallows!" Chaeyoung stated. 

"Sorry Chae, I wasn't able to stock up with marshmallows" Dahyun replied, finally finish with tidying up so she shook off the dust on her palms.

Everyone then settled on the carpet in the middle of Dahyun's room, and brought in beanbags coming from her brothers room. All the books have been settled on the floor and notebooks are open, ready for any notes they needed.

"That's fine unnie, I knew something like this would happen..." Chaeyoung said, then reached out for her bag. Once opening, she brought out a bag of marshmallows and said, "Tadah! I brought marshmallows~"

"There are chips in here too" Tzuyu stated as she ruffled up Chaeyoung's bag. "Were you even really planning a group study, or a slumber party? I can never tell" she added.

"Shut up Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung screamed as she took her bag and shuffled on her seat. "What's important is that I have the missing ingredient" she stated proudly while raising her chest.

"But Chae, those are too big for a hot drink" Dahyun commented, pointing at the large multicolored marshmallow pack. "It looks like it was meant for something else" she added.

"Doesn't matter, it would definitely add to the sweetness" Chaeyong said as she ripped open the bag, and plop one on her drink, which she regretted later on. Chaeyoung sat down on the mat prepared by a certain pale girl, and decided to take a sip of hot chocolate. As she was feeling the chocolate slowly pour out--due to the giant marshmallow blocking the hole--she decided to raise the angle of the mug a bit higher. As the mug reached 70 degrees, the giant marshmallow fell on her nose, with all of the hot chocolates contents with it. "AghhH! Hot!" She screeched as she jumped up felt the hot chocolate pour down from her nose, to her neck, and ultimately end on her shirt--constantly feeling some of it trickle down her skin on her collarbone area.

"Pffft, hahahahahha! You dweeb!" Tzuyu said laughing.

"Yaaahh! Chewy! You !" Chaeyoung shouted and grabbed a towel from Dahyun's closet to wipe herself with.

"What the heck did you expect though you loser?" Tzuyu teased as she grabbed a piece of mallow and threw it on Chaeyoung's face.

"Grrrr! Why I oughta!" Chaeyoung said while rolling the towel--readying for it to be whipped at Tzuyu on point blank range--when they heard laughing from a distance.

"Hahahahaha, you made such a mess Chae, hahahaha" Dahyun laughed, holding on to her stomach while gasping for air in between intervals.

The two stopped to look at Dahyun, then to each other, then back to Dahyun. The two girls smiled, seeing as they managed to life the mood of their unnie up. After a while, they too soon joined in laughter before fixing everything.

 

( * )

 

The three girl's were sitting on beanbags that Dahyun managed to scavenge around the house. It was a rather peaceful time and moment for the three girls. Hours have passed since they first studied, and with every moment, she can hear opening a fresh crisp wrapper of chocolate or chips. And as she checked her two guests, a smile slowly formed on her face. Tzuyu was studying while casually stealing glances on her phone, while Chaeyoung dropped her books and started sketching while eating chips. The two girls casually pass the chips around and Tzuyu would show some memes on her phone. Every now and then, Tzuyu would come to Dahyun, casually asking if her solutions were correct, which Dahyun would be more than glad to check.

This however lasted only for a while, since after a few more minutes, She felt Chaeyoung lean her back on Dahyun's shoulder, eating none other than pocky sticks, and sketching random drawings. It looked more like a doodle than anything.

"Hey dubs"

"Yes Chae?"

"I was wondering, isn't it weird?"

"What is?"

"The saying, 'The truth shall set you free'" Chaeyoung stated before dropping her pencil and looking up at Dahyun.

Dahyun stopped her read for a while, she then placed her book on the floor by the empty space in front of her, and looked at the younger girl. "What do you mean by that?", she asked.

"Well.." Chaeyoung said before shifting positions, slowly placing her head on Dahyun's lap. She then looked straight at Dahyun's eyes, and smiled. It didn't take long for the pale girl to slowly scratch Chaeyoungs scalp, making the younger girl hum in delight, before saying "If you did a major crime, let's say... I dunno, steal money from someone... Then turn yourself due to guilty conscience...  How come you still end up behind bars?".

Dahyun deadpanned at the statement--even Tzuyu let out an annoyed groan from where she was situated at. She then pulled her hand away from Chaeyoungs hair and proceeded to pinch the girl's nose, and said, "Stop asking unnecessary questions".

"Geez, alright unnie, stop! I can't breathe!" she said while fussing around, trying to breathe out from .

After a few seconds, Dahyun let go and the skin on her left cheek, and said, "I thought you're here to study, not lounge and joke around"

"I am studying!" Chaeyoung said as she puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms.  "I'm just taking a break", she added.

"You always take breaks" Tzuyu stated before dropping her book softly on her lap. She then looked at the two cozy girls, and said, "In fact, you have more breaks than work time".

"Shut up Tzuyu! Let me enjoy my time" Chaeyoung complained before sitting up straight--making Dahyun retract her hand from the girl's cheek--and sticking her tongue out to Tzuyu. This act made Tzuyu roll her eyes before going back to reading her book.

 

( * )

 

Moments have passed, and the two girls decided that it was best to study beside Dahyun, making it less taxing for the two girls whenever they have questions Chaeyoung was still lying down on Dahyun's lap on the right, while Tzuyu sat beside Dahyun with her right arm interlaced with the pale girl's left, hands intertwined. Her thumb constantly rubs Dahyun's hand.

It's now abit half-past 10pm and everyone is getting tired and hungry. It was when the room heard loud grumbling did Dahyun looked around the room and saw Chaeyoung's face turn red. Dahyun smiled and asked if they wanted anything to eat. The two girls nodded in agreement and gave space to Dahyun so she could stand up and prepare some food. She then left the room and headed to the kitchen downstairs. Upon checking on her fridge, she noticed that there was no meats left in the freezer and not much food to heat up as well. She then closed it after a defeated sigh and checked the larder. empty

Regret suddenly filled her mind once more. Constantly being attacked by thoughts unimaginable. Feeling anxious, blaming herself for not going to the grocery. Little things, but impactful for some reason. Some... Dumb... reason

Slowly, she led her tired and dejected mind back upstairs. After opening the door, she saw the two girls lounging about. Chaeyoung was on her bed coloring some sketches that she made, while Tzuyu was still reading but she was lying her stomach on the beanbag. Once they heard the door open, the two girls looked at Dahyun's direction and smiled.

"Welcome back Dubs! Come come~" Chaeyoung said as she pat the space beside her on the bed. Dahyun watched intently, but didn't do anything.

"Chae, we are supposed to be studying, not loafing around" Tzuyu interceded, before scratching the back of her head with one hand and biting the eraser head of her pencil.

"It's fine" Chayeoung brushed it off, swaying her hand back and forth signalling the girl not to pry any further.

"Whatever, Don't come crying to me when you fail your tests" Tzuyu stated, never stopping the concentration she had while reading the book before her. After tapping into her calculator, she clicked her tongue and let out a defeated sigh. "Unnie, mind if I ask what you should do in this equation" she asked, pointing at a question given by the test.

"I..." Dahyun pondered for a while, she didn't really know what to say. If the answer was derived by a formula, then it's only logical to use the same formula to arrive to the solution of the problem. But it didn't really specify in the book how it ended to it. "I don't really know myself, what does the book say?" she asked.

"Hmmm... the equation used is this" "But I can't seem to grasp on how they got this specific number here... I wonder why?"

Dahyun sat down beside Tzuyu and borrowed her calculator. She decided to experiment on it for now, and see if she can arrive to the answer by trial and error. It worked out at first, but she failed to reach the solution mid way. Statistics was never her strong point. "Uhmmm-"

"Dubs, how's the food?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes never leaving the sketch pad.

Dahyun slowly let her right hand hover over her arm and started to slowly scratch it. It was something she does unconsciously every now and then. A brief moment of escpe, and harming herself ."I'm sorry guys, there's no food... I forgot to stock up"

"Aww man!" Caheyoung whined before tossing her sketchpad over the other side of the bed and tossing her back on it.

"It's ok unnie, we could think of something" Tzuyu reassured.

"I know! let's order some pizza and rest for now, I don't think we will be getting anything from this anyways" Chaeyoung said as she stretched her hands far and lay back while placing her sketchpad over her face to cover it.

"That sounds like a plan, a mighty good one at that! right unnie?" Tzuyu agreed with a swift nod.

"Oh... yeah" Dahyun mumbled lightly, her forearm finally feeling numb from her nails scraping the white flesh.

Chaeyoung hummed while placing her thumb on her chin for supoort. "Hmmmm, what subject is that Chewy?" she asked pointing at the book and calculator on the tall girls hand.

"Stop it with that name pls and it's Stats, why?" Tzuyu asked, her attention shifted from the book to Chaeyoung.

"I know the best person to help then" Chaeyoung said pointing a finger up, then sliding it down only to reach a small curve that stops mid way. With a wide grin, she sent the signal to Tzuyu.

Tzuyu nodded as she received the signal and started to dial a number on her phone. It all happened too fast, that Dahyun wasn't able to cope up. While everything was happening, she felt useless once more. 

 

( * )

 

Moments have passed and Tzuyu was scanning through her social media, while Chaeyoung was still sketching on Dahyun's bed.

Dahyun stared blankly at the pages of her book. Her mind felt exhausted and her soul drained--not that she would show it--but it is starting to get into her.

When was the last time she felt happy again? Just a few moments ago?

Why then does she feel this way right now.

All it takes is a moment.

A moment of miscalculation.

A moment of... let's not delve too deep on it.

I feel... pathetic, burdensome...

Or maybe I'm the burden... 

An anchor who's only job in life is to bring everyone down...

Anxiety is a scary friend.

One moment happy, the other down...

And for what? From what? Something as small as not stocking up?

Why am I even like this...

Why...

*Ding Dong*

"Hmm? That's the doorbell...". The sound of the house's doorbell brought Dahyun back to realityShe blinked her eyes twice to help her regain her conscience. A few moments later, she heard the doorbell ring once more, which made her face the direction of the door.

"Well dubz, will you get that?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Oh, yeah... I will be back in a while" Dahyun said as she stood up and headed for the door. Once she was downstairs, she heard the doorbell ring once more, which made her say "Coming".

Dahyun opened the door and saw Jihyo with a box of pizza in hand.

"Anyone ordered pizza?" Jihyo said with a smile as the door opened.

"Jihyo-unnie? What are you doing here so late?" Dahyun was left dumbfounded, her head was stilted slightly to the right, with one eye brow raised.

"I heard that my children are in need of help, so I came here as fast as I can" Jihyo joked.

"Oh? Thanks for coming mom" Dahyun replied.

Jihyo laughed a bit and let her free hand pat the head of Dahyun, and said, "So, will you let me in? or will you let your mom stay out here in the cold?".

Dahyun blushed out of embarrassment. "How could I leave Jihyo unnie outside for this long" she though to herself. She then bowed her head, said her sorry, and invited the girl inside the house. "Unnie, let me hold the pizza for you" she said, while reaching out both of her hands to receive the pizza box, which Jihyo happily complied. Dahyun smiled and asked the older girl to close the door behind her, as she slowly carried the pizza towards the dining table.

Jihyo checked the place out, a sense of nostalgia and old memories flowed in her as she breathe in the air in the Kim's house. It has been awhile since she was in here, heck it's been a while since anyone went to her house, since every time they asked, Dahyun would push them all away, saying, "I'm too busy" or "I'm sorry, no one is home" or "I'm not in the mood for guests, sorry". But now that she is abck in here, she realised that maybe, just maybe, she has finally opened up to the world once more. Even if it is jsut a bit. The excitement on her heart and body suddenly built up, making her rush towards the pale girl and gave her a hard hug.

"U-unnie?" Dahyun jumped in surprise. She had to tighten her grip on the box so that it wouldn't fall of her hands from the suddenness of the hug.

"Sorry Dahyun, I'm just very happy right now, I..." Jihyo said, but stopped when she saw the deep scratch marks on the pale girl's arms. It was too evident due to it being dark red lines over porcelain white skin. She loosened her grip and took a step back. "Maybe soon" she thought to herself before patting the head of the girl once more. This act made Dahyun look at Jihyo straight in the eyes in bewilderment. Jihyo lightly shook her head in reply, and said, "Well, what are we waiting for? The others are upstairs right? Invite me in, Dahyun-ssi" she ended with a smile.

"Oh... right, you know my room unnie, they are there" Dahyun said, as she led the way to her room. As they were walking in the hall way, Jihyo cleared catching Dahyun's attention.

"Dahyun, mind telling me what's on your mind?" Jihyo asked with a comforting smile. She wanted to know why Dahyun was resorting to scratching her arm, since she knows that whenever Dahyun feels anxious, or sad, or depressed, she starts to fiddle with things. And if she can't find anything to fiddle, she would resort to scratching her forearms.

"Huh? oh... nothing's on my-" Dahyun said, but was stopped when Jihyo pointed at the scratch marks on her arms. After awhile, she looked straight to Dahyun's eyes and raised a questioning brow.

Dahyun let out a heavy chuckle, and said, "I can't hide anything from you huh?".

"Well of course" Jihyo replied with a satisfied smile. "I  have been with you ever since pre school, and I have watched you grow up too, so technically, I am like your big sister" she ended.

"That you are Jihyo-unnie, that you are". Dahyun said softly and decided to put the pizza on the floor and sat down beside it. Jihyo sat in beside the box of pizza, sandwiching it in between the two. Once they have settled down, and the silence became unbearable, Jihyo spoke up to break it.

"So, penny for your thoughts?" Jihyo spoke up, looking straight at the wall in front of her while she waits for the pale girl to be more comfortable to speak up.

After a while, Dahyun laughed abit and said "Make it a dollar and it's a dun-deal".

The corridor was filled with laughter for a whille before going back to it's original silence. And the longer Jihyo waited, the more she wanted to ask. After a few moments, and since the younger girl doesn't want to say anything, she instead decided that it's best to not pry any further. With a defeated sigh, she shook her head and looked at the pale girl. She was about to give up when suddenly.

"I feel useless, unnie" Dahyun closed her eyes to find the best words to say, but to no fret, there is no way of sugar coating this. "It started out with loneliness, but after a while, I am constantly reminded that I have people surrounding me, and I'm happy but... What if I am not cut up for it..." 

A silence then filled the corridor once more, Jihyo opened up to say something, but was quickly cut by Dahyun once again.

"I know it's dumb but..." Dahyun muttered. She looked at her twiddling thumbs and back to the cieling.

"Every error I make hurts me, it makes me feel terrible..."

"And... my insecurities doesn't help me at all"

"I was fine a few weeks back... or maybe I wasn't..."

"Maybe all I was doing is feigning ignorance..."

"I could never tell..."

"But..."

Dahyun locked eyes with Jihyo, who was watching intently, and said, "This is stupid, I am being dumb and hysterical. I know, I guess I am just tired, and-". She was then cut by a sudden embrace from the latter.

"It's not dumb, nor is it stupid, this is your health we are talking about" Jihyo assured before pulling back. "If you are tired, then rest. If you are still tired, then pray. It doesn't have to be complicated. Look, I know that you are having wild thoughts in your head, that's normal. Speak up, it will be easier" she added.  "For both of us." And with that note, Jihyo pet the head of the girl and stood up. She then went in front of the pale girl and reached out her hand to help her get up. Dahyun took the hand and steadily stood in place before picking up the box of Pizza. "Besides, we are here for you, right ladies?" Jihyo proudly stated as she pushed the door to Dahyun's room open with a strong force, knocking the two girls back.

"Yeesh Jihyo-unnie, you didn't need to do that!" Chaeyoung screeched in pain while holding her back.

"My ..." Tzuyu said while rubbing her . A semi-pained-semi-deadpanned expression is plastered on her face.

"Then maybe you shouldn't be eavesdropping off of people's conversations then" Jihyo added while placing both hands on her waist.

"Sorry" The two girls appologized in unity, before snapping out of their small trance.

"But yeah Dubs, we got your back" Chaeyoung said while placing her arm over the pale girl's shoulder, using it as a support for leaning. "Now if you excuse me, I have a date with this box of pizza" she added while taking the whole box and placed it on the center table of the room.

"Have you washed your hands?" Jihyo asked.

"Yes mom!" Chaeyoung replied, but stopped when she felt a pressurised glare on her back.

 "With soap ok?"

"Yeees mooom!" Chaeyoung submitted and went on her way to the restroom.

"Good, and what about you?" Jihyo pointed at the youngest in the room.

"I'm fine, I have alcohol" Tzuyu stated before bringing the bottle of alcohol out of her bag and applying it, and said, "Want some?", bringing the alcohol closer to her unnie.

Jihyo shrugged and nodded before going straight to the younger girl and applying some on herself. After her hands were dried, the door opened and she saw Chaeyoung looking at the two girls with alcohol. Chaeyoung then said, "You made me go all the way to the washroom to 'wash' my hands, when you had an alcohol with you all along?". The two girls shrugged and continued on to devour the pizza before them. "Nomuhe" Chaeyoung complained before sitting down to join them in consuming the pizza.

 

( * )

 

While eating, Tzuyu asked Jihyo about the questions she didn't know, while Chaeyoung continued to play games on her phone. The room was filled with peace for a moment and Dahyun watched everything. The peaceful atmosphere, the sound of Chaeyoungs phone, the voice of Jihyo teaching Tzuyu how the equations works, and her mind which was silent and blank. She did not want to think, did not want to read, did not want to eat, but to just watch her surroundings.

This is how it's supposed to be--peaceful.

Was I even needed?

Probably not...

Dahyun looked at everyone again, they felt distant. The longer she stares, the farther they seem.

Dahyun opened as to say something...

Nothing came out...

After a defeated sigh, she shook her face and looked back, only to see the three girls eyeing her. Looking at her with worry.

"Dahyun? You alright there kiddo?" Jihyo asked with genuine concern/

"Ahh... yeah..." Dahyun muttered, her eyes drift away refusing eye contact.

Jihyo then smiled, stood up, and said, "Maybe we need to rest, it's good to study but reading all the time isn't good for you either"

"Yeah!" Chaeyoung nodded in agreement.

"So is playing all the time, Chae" Jihyo added with a sigh, before clapping her hands once to gather the attention of the three girls. "You know what come here, I brought my laptop and have Netflix installed. Let's watch for now and enjoy" she said, which everyone seemed to agree on. "I mean, it's not everyday that we get to be together like this" she added and wiped off the dust off her .

"Agreed! I still have a bag of potato chips in my bag!" Chaeyoung stated raising up her right hand proudly.

"I have some snacks in here too" Jihyo added, before bringing up her bag, and pulling out a bag of chips and strawberry pocky sticks.

"Amazing, let's set up your laptop by the table, and we can cuddle on Dubs bed!" Chaeyoung suggested which they both happily agreed.

As everything is being settled on the table, Dahyun felt someone holding her hand, and as she looked back, it was none other than Tzuyu, who was smiling and said, "Unnie, we love you no matter what, you are our precious unnie. And that is all that matters. Nothing is gonna change that". 

This made Dahyun look at Tzuyu's sincere eyes. There was nothing but care in them. So in the end, Dahyun nodded softly and smiled. 

After what seemed to be a moment, she heared a massive grunt of dismay coming from Chaeyoung. "Geez, there's nothing good to watch in Netflix!" she grumbled as she scrolled down the selections. Consequently, her eyes landed on a box by Dahyun's desk, and began inspecting it. After bringing out the contents of the box, CHaeyoung raised a brow out of curiosity, and asked,  "Unnie what is this?"

Dahyun looked at teh direction of Chaeyoung's voice, and looked at the device with delight, and said, "Oh, that? That's a miniature planetarium that my brother bought me". a widened grin formed on her face as she slowly reminisce the memory they shared with the device in her room.

"OOHHH! Can we set it up?" Chaeyoung asked with expectancy.

"Sure" Dahyun nodded and took the device, only to place it at the center of the room.

"Yes!" Cheered blissfuly as she readied herself on Dahyun's bed. The other two offered to give help, but was told off by Dahyun, saying, "It's fine, It's a pretty easy set up. I just need you to shut down your laptop and sit back, relax, and enjoy".

The two nodded in agreement and did as they were told. After they were all settled, Dahyun closed the lights of her room, and opened the device. And withe the press of a button on the remote, the display of light shown throughout the whole room, filling the darkness with light that shown like stars in space. The three girl's filled the room with their 'ooh's' and 'aahhhh's" Aas Dahyun gave a lecture about the constellations that line up by the walls and ceiling of her room. After a bit of discussion, she gave the remote to Chaeyoung, and made her explore around the device that was before her. She watched as her two maknae's watch in amazement and watched as Jihyo smiled at all three of them. Their smiles were inviting and welcoming, and that made Dahyun smile and worry free. Like all her troubles and anxiety brushed away with a single expression on her friend's faces.

The reality of things where in, it's not always good things. Infact, it is the oppossite. The complete and polar oppossite. It's always bad and never good. But, I guess that's how it is in the real world. It's about finding how you make the most out of what you have, no matter how bad it is.

Probably...

Well, that's what the smiles on their faces tell me at least.

 

[tbc]

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the very late update, I wanted to update sooner, but I feel like:

1) I will be finishing the story just for the sake of finishing, lowering the quality of my write (If that was even possible seeing how bad I wrote this :P).
2) My story isn't consistent at all, so I would have to find a way to make it's way back right on track.

But thank you for bearing with this author-nim's stoy and continuing to read (If ever you are still) and support this fanfic, even if I do very minimal updates.

I wrote this on mobile, so please excuse the typos and others, thanks!~