Chapter Six

The Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She instructed the nanny to take the twins into the room first because they need to talk alone.  Twins begins to protest but one look from Nauen made them stop and follow their mom.  Nauen told Kim to make sure they wash up.  Taemin smiled because he was like that when he was young, not listening to anyone except his mom. 

Nauen : Sit down anywhere you like

Taemin sat down on the two seater sofa and gestures to Nauen to sit beside him, Nauen sat on the one seater but Taemin pulled her to sit beside him. 

Taemin : Now, tell me everything.  What happened 5 years ago that you suddenly left without even saying anything to me?

Nauen silent looking down: I don’t know where to begin.

Taemin : Ok let’s start with -- tell me straight that they are mine.

Nauen surprised and looked up : Who else could they be? Of course they are yours. 

Taemin : You have to tell me.  Tell it to my face.

Nauen : Yes (looking at Taemin) The twins are your children. As if they can be someone else…

Taemin relieved the laughs: Good, when did you find out that you are pregnant with my babies?

Nauen : I found out when you were in Japan with your concert tour, I realized that my period was late so I bought a pregnancy test and check myself. 

 

**Flash Back**

Shinee was on their Japanese nationwide tour, Nauen noticed that her period was late; she went out and bought herself a pregnancy test, while waiting for the result, their manager found her with it. Manager got angry with and immediately told the company, they had an emergency meeting regarding Nauen and on what to do. Nauen crying told them she wants to call Taemin and inform him but her company prevented her from doing so. Her company told his company, they discussed what to do and came to a decision, and they want Nauen to have an abortion so as not to jeopardize her career including Taemin's. For the first time in her life, Nauen had the courage to say no to that.  She told them that she will be keeping the baby and that she would rather leave the group and the industry than to do that.

Both companies discussed what to do and made another decision.  They prepared documents that Nauen would have to sign.  The document stated that

1. She will leave  Apink immediately.

2. She would never be in the music industry again.

3. She would never talk to the media about the real reason why she left.   

Taemin's company had invested so much for his career and would not want to take the risk that Taemin would choose Nauen over his career.

So both the company told some lies to help them get Nauen out of the picture. His company told her that they informed Taemin, but he doesn't want anything to do with her. They said that he wouldn't give up his career for anything including Nauen and her baby. Nauen in her grieve didn't think that they were just making up lies to her. She believed everything they said. So she signed the waiver and left the group.

When she got home and told her family, her father got so angry that he wants to beat Taemin up but thankfully her mom stopped him.  They moved house and she was send to the US, first to Los Angeles with her mom to help her set up everything, after a month there, they hired Kim and her mom left for Korea.  When she found out that she’s having twins, she was both happy and sad.  Happy that 2 sets of people she created with Taemin will always be with her, sad that they would probably not know Taemin. 

** End of Flash Back**

Taemin : Then? What happened?  Is that the reason you suddenly left?

Nauen : Yes, the company found out and they gave me a choice, career or baby.  I choose baby, in this case babies. 

Taemin :  Thank you for that.  They looked happy and healthy.

Nauen : Yes they are, the twins are very precious to me so I hope you won’t do anything that would make things weird.

Taemin confused : Why? Are you that scared of me?

Nauen stayed silent.  Looking at her hands, Taemin knows that she is very nervous now, talking with her, this brings back the first time they talked.  He talked while she listened without looking at him.  Taemin still finds this so attractive.  He in turn is trying to control his emotions, at first the thought that Nauen had his children without even telling him made him so angry, but seeing her, made all his anger disappear, he really wants to hug and kiss her but they need to clear things out first.  And he is not sure if Nauen still have feelings for him.

Nauen : Oppa (looking straight at him which made him speechless) We have been through enough, I do not want the twins to be confuse about anything, they will be starting school soon and I don’t want them to have the burden of being labeled children of a famous idol and a former idol.

Taemin : I don’t like that for my children, and they are mine too Nauen so don’t shut me out from this day forth.  I want to know them; you had them since birth which I missed. 

Taemin continues: But what happened 5 years ago?  Why did you leave without even telling me?  Did you think I would not want them?  I had a right to know.  And you know how much I love you then, why didn’t you give me a chance to part of their lives from the start?

Nauen : First off, I wanted to tell you as soon as I found out, but I was prevented by my manager, my company and your company.

Taemin : What? My company knew? 

Nauen : They never told you?  They said that you were told and that you don’t want anything to do with us.  

Taemin : You believed them? 

Nauen : Yes, I did.  Remember that I was too young, too naive at that time. Even after being with you for a year, I still had no idea what you saw in me. 

Taemin amazed because the normally shy Nauen just looked at him and say these things.  She has changed a bit, but he still finds her so lovely and attractive, looking at her this close, he can see that she had matured in some places but the girl he fell in love with is still there.  

Taemin : I thought I have told you multiple times and shown you that I loved you then.  I guess it wasn’t enough for you to trust me.

Nauen : No, Oppa.  I was not confident enough then, but I got stronger over the years, after I gave birth, I thought things through and realized that they might have lied to me regarding you so while you and your members were in California for KCon, I asked Kim to give you a letter.  Didn't you receive it?  Kim said she gave it to you personally.  But when I didn’t hear from you, it made me think that maybe it was also true. 

Taemin : I didn’t read any letter from you.  Are you sure she really gave it to me? 

Nauen : Yes, she was there at the airport, I was waiting in the car because I thought maybe some of fans might still recognize me and I was not sure how you would react if you see me.  

Taemin :  You were there?  I looked for you whenever we went to the States.  When we have free time, I always go around hoping I would see you.  And all along you were there in the audience.  I was so stupid and didn’t even look there.  

Nauen : Oppa, it’s all in the past, we can’t do anything to change it even if we want to.  What has been done is done. (Silence) What do you plan to do? 

Taemin thinking: I want to know them, spend time with them, with you. 

Nauen taken aback: With me too? Why? 

Taemin : Why not? You are the mother of my children and we have been apart for 5 years, let me know you again.  Aren’t you even curious if I changed? 

Nauen : Oh… when you put it that way then ok.  But I have a few conditions. 

Taemin : What? 

Nauen : I don’t want your company to know that I am back here, and I don’t want your fans to know about us.  

Taemin : Why? 

Nauen : I do not want any complication in our personal life and in my work.  I have already given up my dream of being an idol and devoted myself in giving my children a better future.

Taemin : Our children Nauen-ah, not just yours.  Yes I can understand that.  Anything else?

Nauen shyly looks down then seems to gather her courage lifted her head and looked him straight in the eyes : Oppa, at this point, I do not want to start or re-start anything with you.  (Taemin tried his hardest to have a poker face) We are done when I left 5 years ago, i don’t need any distraction from you.

Taemin : Why? Nauen-ah, am I distracting you now?

Nauen breath in and out : You know you do, let’s not lie about that now.  I just don’t want to get entangled with you again.  Let us keep our distance with each other; I do not want to be in a relationship with you or with anyone.

Taemin : Do you think I want a relationship with you?

Nauen : Oppa, (looking straight at him) that’s what you have been thinking since you saw me right?  Don’t lie, I always know when you lie.

Taemin taken aback because he liked this improved Nauen more, the confident Nauen.  He knows that the shy Nauen is still underneath all her confidence and courage. 

Taemin decided to be truthful, he has always been truthful when it comes to Nauen, comes closer: Yes, it’s true.  When I saw you, I want to tear your clothes off to see if anything changed, to kiss your lips like I used to, them until you can’t wait so you would kiss me, I want touch your , feel them in my palm, did having my children made them bigger? (Nauen started her lips) (Taemin smiled because he knows that the ual attraction is still there, he just have to make her love him again, and he was surprised with his train of thoughts)  I can abide by your first condition but not the second.  I am not sure if I can do the second bit.

Nauen was speechless, she doesn’t know what to say or do.  His words making her feel things that she had forgotten.  Good thing the bedroom door opened and the twins running into the living room.

Issa : Mom, are you done talking?  We already took our baths and starving.  Can we eat now?

Seb : Me too, I am hungry.  Let’s eat now (walking up front at Nauen) Mom, why (touch her cheeks) are you so red? And your cheeks are hot too.

Nauen silent just smiled at her son.

Seb : By the way Mom (leaning in his mom’s personal space) (Nauen kiss his cheeks and smell his hair, his neck then hugs him tight) Well….Mom, tell me…

Nauen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter