Chapter Nine

The Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

During that weekend, Taemin went to pick up Nauen and the twins to go to his parent’s house for a visit.  Nauen, Kim and the twins are already ready and waiting for Taemin.  Nauen’s phone rings, Taemin calling to say that they should bring clothes just in case his parents requested for them to stay the night.  Nauen are not that agreeable with that situation, but eventually agreed when Taemin said that his parents were sad that they missed the first years of the twins’ lives.  After hanging up, Nauen told Kim to pack extra clothes for the kids, while she gets some clothes too for herself.  She also told Kim to pack additional clothes too.  After finishing everything the doorbell rang.

Taemin : Are you all ready? (Saw the bags) Why so many?

Nauen : In case they become messy so we prepared.

Taemin picked up the bags : Let’s go

Seb and Issa run towards the car, get in the back with Kim, while Nauen sat in front with Taemin.  While they were diving towards his parent’s house.

Nauen : Oppa, I bought some cakes for your parents, is your Hyung there too?

Taemin : Probably, they were all so excited to see and meet them even my other relatives wants to see them but my parents said that they should be first.

Nauen : Ohhh… should I be nervous? Are they mad at me?

Taemin took her hand and squeezed : No, they’re not. So don’t worry and I will always be beside you.

Nauen squeezed his hand : Thanks Oppa.

While travelling, Seb and Issa talked with Taemin about what they did that day. Taemin listened to them while still holding Nauen’s hand.  Taemin also told them what he did, he went to Japan for 2 days and didn’t see them but he called and facetime them before and after dinner.  He also told the twins that he bought them toys from Japan.  The twins shout their enjoyment and said that they couldn’t wait to see them.  A few more minutes and they arrived at Taemin’s parent’s house. 

TM’s parents are already opening the door and waiting for them.  Taemin and Nauen open the car door at the same time.  Nauen bowed to his parents while Taemin open the back door to let the kids out,  the two stood behind Nauen as they are all walking towards Taemin’s parents.

They all went in the living.

Taemin : Mom, Dad, you remember Nauen. (Gesturing for her, Nauen bowed again, Nauen hold her hands with the kids) and these are the twins

Nauen holding Seb’s head : This is Sebastian Francis (Taemin was surprised to hear his full name… she hold Issa’s head) and this is little girl is Isabelle Francesca (Taemin’s eyebrows shot up, she's ignoring him) Kids, this are your grandpa and grandma.  Go ahead give them  hugs and kisses.

The two kids went in their grandparent’s embrace.  The older adults were so happy to finally meet their grandchildren, especially Taemin’s dad, whose smile is so wide that Taemin couldn’t help but to .  Taemin’s mom on the order hand is fussing over the twins, she shown them what she cooked and urge them to eat. 

Taemin and Nauen just sat in one corner and looked how his parents entertain and talk to the twins.

Taemin : They forgot about me….

Nauen : Oppa, don’t sulk… and that’s your own kids you are jealous of.

Taemin leaning in Nauen’s ear : I was jealous when they kissed you before.

Nauen turned red : I know, you were so obvious then.

TM Mom : What are you whispering in there? Come and let’s eat before the food gets cold.

Nauen : Yes, Auntie

TM Mom : Auntie? Call me Mom. 

Nauen : Mom…

TM Mom : And Nauennie, thank you for my grandchildren.  (Nauen blushed, Taemin’s mom hugged her tight) thank you so much, I heard from Taemin, I am very glad that you had the courage to bring them into this world by yourself.  But now, you have us, all of us.

Nauen tears up a little : Thank you… Mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter