Chapter Five

The Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nauen felt panicked, she wasn't ready for this, did not think that she will see Taemin this soon. She saw to her horror her children running towards Taemin.  She has always told them who their father is, did not even think of lying to them, she even shown them photos and videos over the years. So she wasn't surprised that they could recognize him even without any make up or stage clothes on. But what made her feel surprised was Taemin's expression; he looked like he knew about the twins. She saw him embraced them, scoop both of them in each arms and give kisses to both of them. He walks towards her without putting the twins down.

Taemin : Now, you really can't disappear again without any explanation.

Nauen looked down, her old shyness returning just by being in his presence. Her years of training herself to be confident went out the drain when she saw him. It was like she is 17 again meeting him for the first time.

Taemin smiled seeing the shy girl that he fell in love with at first sight: So you are still you.

Nauen looked up: What?

Taemin : Nothing..Where can we talk? Your place or mine?

Nauen : Can we just go to a restaurant?

Taemin : Do you think I can just go to any restaurant with you and the twins?

Nauen remembering how it was when she was an idol: Your place?

Taemin : So you don't want me to know where you are staying? You know that I am very resourceful when it comes to you especially now I know what or rather who you are hiding from me.

Nauen felt a certain panic: You can't take them away from me.

Taemin turns serious : Do you think I can do that? (Silence) to you and to them?

Nauen : No, I'm sorry Oppa. (Taemin smiled at the her familiarity) (Her eyes shocked with her slip) I didn't mean to call you that. I have no...

Taemin stop her: Continue to call me Oppa. So where do we go?

Nauen tries to get the twins off him. The twins don’t want to let go, holding on tight to Taemin.

Taemin : Leave them be.  It's my first time holding them.

Nauen doesn't have the strength to argue with him, she never did. She had always yielded to everything he wants and he knows it.

Nauen : Did you bring your car? (Taemin nods) (She told him the address)

Taemin was surprised because it's so near his place. He had already moved out of the dorm when he turned 21. Having his own place made his mind at peace, without his Hyungs constantly worrying about him or nagging him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter