Chapter 3

Regrets and Wishes

 

 

(Triple Update! Make sure you've read Chap 2 before this!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I remember feeling so happy when you had debuted, the smile on your face bright as the sun itself. I had wished in that moment to be there with you. I wish I hadn't rejected those feelings as being a simple crush then, an infatuation that happened oh-so-often in teenage years.

Though you didn't see me, I was always there in the shadows, cheering for you whole-heartedly, smiling with you, laughing with you and at times even crying with you.

But somehow then, I never had the courage to approach you. I had other dreams that frequently took your place in my mind, and I let them. I let them drive me, working till I was torn with exhaustion.

But sometimes you surprised me, by coming into my dreams at the darkest times, when I was so tired and busy that I hadn't had time to think of you in days. I wish I could thank you for that. Because your thoughts were always rejuvenating, bringing me life.

As goals turned into achievements, I remember standing proud and happy after we finished our debut stage.

You came with your band members to congratulate us, and as usual my heart started thudding loudly just at the sight of you. Maybe it was because I hadn't had a glimpse of you in months.

"Congratulations, Jongin"

The smile and the rose color on your innocent face is still so vivid a memory.