Chapter 19

Regrets and Wishes

(5 years later)

I saw you today after a whole year. The last time we met was at the farewell the company gave last year, before Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae hyung enlisted in army.

"Did you hear? Krystal's getting married"

Kyungsoo hyung told me as I stood pouring myself a drink at Taemin's housewaming. I almost spilled the drink but got myself composed in time.

"Really? That's great" I responded non-chalantly. Kyungsoo hyung looked skeptically at me for a few seconds before looking away. There was really no point in pushing me further on the topic, he now understands that too.

As if on cue, I caught sight of you across the room. You were talking to Yoona sunbaenim, and then you moved on to talk to SuJu sunbaenim, handing each of them a golden envelope.

I had straightened up as you had met my gaze, smiling warmly. I smiled back as you walked towards us, handing us each an envelope after greeting. I took it happily.

"I am getting married"

You announced smiling shyly, a tint of pink appearing on that mesmerizing face of yours, not a hint of sadness or longing in your eyes as they met mine.

I am really happy for you Soojung, hard as it might be to believe because there is nothing more I want than to see you happy.

"Congratulations, I'm really happy for you", I said back sincerely, and a dull ache resurfaced inside me when your expression became solemn for a second. But you pushed it away, smiling at the others as they congratulated you too. I wish I could have told you it was all okay. That there really is no need for you to feel the slightest bit sad for me, for any reason.

We have both moved on. It's true. For me, it took a lot of time, counseling and support from people around, but I had managed to get myself back together, picking up the pieces one by one. The first year was absolute agony, with me avoiding you at all costs no matter how inconvenient it was, but it had worked. I was able to talk to you again and smile at you genuinely again. We were never the best of friends, even back when we were teenagers but at least I can say now that we are acquaintances, colleagues who are no longer uncomfortable with each other.

I might have tried to get you back, but every time the thought crossed my mind, I reminded myself of the agony I had gone through to forget you. And the same went for you I guess.

You remain as a very beautiful memory to me now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: One more chapter to go before this is complete.

You've all gone very quiet, I wonder why? Is it the story line? Is it not going according to what you expected? Please do comment. I would really like to know what you people think.

 

Thanks for reading and subscribing.