12

Emissary

Contains swear words.


My feet constantly pulled me forward, my boots pounding against the floor as I descended up the flight of stairs. The damned billboard shining brightly in my eyes, my eyes were throbbing when the tears continued to roll down my cheeks shamelessly. I felt sticky from the sweat drenching my skin. I have been in this nightmare for at least an hour now, it was such a strange sensation. I was aware that it was a nightmare and yet I could not do anything to stop my heart from panicking. It was as if I was stuck in a sleep trance, being able to hear things and interoperate something happening around me but yet all I could see was that billboard announcing that Min Yoongi was missing for 250 days. I could not pull my body up and wake up, I was completely stuck in this madness. 


I felt my fingers curling into a fist as my nails dug into my palm. My feet pull me down onto the floor, my frame shaking as I bite onto my shaking bottom lip trying my very best to prevent myself from straight-up sobbing. I felt completely helpless, just what happened to Min Yoongi in my dreams? I stared at the dark wall in front of me through my glossy eyes, my back resting against the cold wall as I cried out a desperate groan. I hated this, I hated not being able to be in control of my dreams, to not know what was happening. Was it a warning? Was it my aptitude playing up or my overworked body making images up? 


I felt the baby hairs stand on my skin when a gust of wind passed through. My eyes snapped towards the direction in which I heard a voice, it was vibrating in my ears forcing me to cover my ears with my palms. The voice sounded whispers, incoherent whispers and soon enough I was finding myself crawling into a human ball. Begging my mind to wake up and leave this nightmare. I could not hear my rapid breathing but I was aware that I was beginning to hyperventilate. I could feel the oxygen desperately trying to float into my lungs. Those whispers sounded so painful, so agonising, it was as if my soul was slowly being ripped away, and just like that my eyes darted towards the billboard, my feet quickly staggering over themselves as I tried to rush forward towards the window. 


My dilated pupils shake as fear tortured my guts, churning my stomach intense cramps completely evading me. My eyes gazing at the back figure of Min Yoongi standing at the edge of the opposite building’s roof. His arms spread out, it was as if he was pretending to fly, a guy with clipped and broken wings, I could not see his face but I knew that something was wrong. His frame was completely drenched in water, and before I could even whisper something out he turned his head towards my direction; it was as if he heard me mentally. His eyes shining horrifyingly crimson red, his lip completely bruised and bleeding. He looked possessed, by his death spirit aptitude but I could not tell which one it was. He seemed completely gone, emotionally dead. 


The wind picked up its assault as I watched his freezing self reach out for something in the sky, his eyes turning away from me as my fingers pulled the window open, my heart beating fast in fear for him. He looked so broken, so dead, it was as if whoever possessed him had managed to break him and there was no longer Min Yoongi, and before I knew it he was falling off. My fear engulfed consciousness throwing all the logical thoughts aside as I pulled myself over the edge of the window. My eyes frantically searched for Min Yoongi, my voice being swallowed in my throat. With a simple step, I was off the ledge, following him hopelessly. 


‘Missing; Proxy Enmity, also known as Min Yoongi. Day 251.’


X


I trashed around, a painful scream leaving my sore throat as I felt someone’s fingers onto my drenched and blazing skin. I was hyperventilating, my bloodshot eyes trying to make sense of the visually overpowering images of faces, of places that I could not remember. The intruder’s fingers pull me closer into their embrace, my adrenaline kicking in as I push against the intruder, screaming for him to let me go. My mind went into complete overdrive, the realisation of Min Yoongi jumping off a building was a powerful force. My shaking frame screamed shamelessly to let me go again. I needed to see if he survived, I needed to –


“ Jinmi calm down, I’m here, I’m Yoongi.” The intruder's voice rang, it sounded so calming so familiar. I pulled my head into my hands, screeching for the pain and messed up thoughts to go away. I could no longer tell if I was still dreaming or was it a reality. It was so painful, it was as if somebody was trying to get into my head and look.


“Jimin stop! Let her rest.” That voice ordered, my tearful eyes dashing in fear towards another figure standing at the side of my frame, his eyes glowing down from a pink colour once he accepted the order. I felt all my energy get drain away as I dropped against the intruder holding me, his arms tightening around my frame as my tense body completely gave up on me. There was a moment of silence, my sharp and tachypnea breathing being the only sound. I felt my muscles shake, I felt so pathetic and weak. My mind finally relaxed as the environment seemed familiar. 


I felt my shaky lips sound an incoherent mumble, no answer being sounded in return so I forced myself to glance at the person cradling me. “Yoongi?” I hoarsely asked, Yoongi slightly pulling away from the embrace, finally giving me some space to sort myself out and my twisted mind.


“Yeah?” He mumbled, my eyes finally being able to fixate on him completely. His dark hair seemed messy, his jacket missing as his t-shirt was crumpled up, and it was as if he was woken up in the middle of the night. One look at Jimin said the same story, they both appeared to have sprinted. 


“W-What happened?” I murmured, finally pulling my messy long hair away from my face. I felt slightly dizzy, a few sweats drops rolling down my forehead as I began to feel the after-effects of having a full-blown night terror.


“You had a nightmare, relax and try to go and get some rest now.” Yoongi gently whispered, his fingers brushing a few strands of wet hair away from my forehead. His eyes gazed at me with underlying emotion. 


I felt stupid, incompetent in even keeping my nightmares at bay. Did I scream bloody murder to get both of the guys running over? “What was I saying?”


I saw Jimin teasingly smiling at me, his buttocks being placed against the top of the bed that I was previously occupying. I felt slightly better seeing that the air was clearing up, the awkward tension and worry were slowly evaporating and even if I hated his teasing smile it still felt familiar.

“You were screaming, and shouting for Yoongi. We thought you got attacked or something.” I heard the underlying mischievous implication in his voice. He was enjoying teasing me for being such a weakling. The image of both of them jumping out of bed and sprinting over to my room was laughable. 


“So where is your gun Yoongi? Shouldn’t my hero be able to protect me?” I bit back, feeling slightly embarrassed by taking the damsel of distress role yet again, which I hated.


“Yoongi was so worried that he forget everything in his room, oh gosh it was so –” Jimin never got to finish his sentence when Yoongi threw him a harsh glare.


I felt the corner of my lips tug up when I noticed Jimin nervously swallowing his saliva absentmindedly. Those two were close, everyone in Alpha Arcadia was but it was hysterical to see that even the ‘great’ Jimin couldn’t beat the death itself.

“Sorry Jimin, I bet you got scared to death” I stated, chuckling under my breath when Jimin threw a protesting comment about not being scared easily. So as the understanding and ever so caring Jinmi I just threw another remark; “You are becoming Mark of our sub-group.” That was all needed before Jimin was complaining about the unfairness of the situation and other stuff that I zoomed out.


I tugged a thin cardigan out of my bag before throwing it over my body. My eyes took in the slight darkening cloudy sky. I chewed onto my bottom lip gently, contemplating if I should ask Jimin about his health. After all, it was due to him that we were forced to rest, book a cheap outdated motel when Jimin began to wail in pain, it was terrifying to see how much he was in pain. He kept on mumbling about his aptitude playing up, but I knew better, something was happening. We all had our secrets but something was clear, it was no longer easy and simple. We barely managed to drag Jimin to the motel before he passed out in my arms, forcing Yoongi to carry him up ten flights of stairs because the damned motel’s only lift was ‘out of order’. I did feel slight satisfaction to see Yoongi struggling by the seventh flight, however, I was forced to admit that he was impressive nerveless. I never said it out loud but he annoyingly knew. 


Before I could stop myself those words were rolling off my tongue. Forcing me to let out a cough at the end of the sentence. “Are you okay Jimin?”


“I should be asking you that Jinmi, I’m feeling better now that I rested.” I still felt skeptical when my eyes raked him in. He looked better that was right, however, his complexation continued to be abnormally pale. 


“I’m fine, no big deal. I just needed a few hours of extra sleep to be back to my wonderful and handsome self.” He tried again, his words were so close to convincing me until my nightmare took my attention away. The brain firing off all sorts of impulses in trying to understand, was it a warning? Jimin was struggling with his aptitude at present while Yoongi was being eaten alive by his. What was happening? Maybe my time aptitude was playing up too? Forcing me to see such nightmares? 


“Right, if no one is getting any more sleep, let’s move out. Namjoon wants us to be back as soon as possible.” Yoongi said, pulling me out of my thought trance. 


I had time to figure it out. I forced myself to believe that pretty lie. 


X


“Oh thank God you’re here Jinmi, I was going insane with Jangkookie intensive glares.” Mark exaggerated as soon the electronic sliding door to our base opened. Throwing his arms over my shoulders as he continued to pretend to be sobbing about the fact that ‘Jangkook’ and ‘Kookie’ was trying to kill him.


“It’s Jungkook for the last time!” Jungkook shouted from the other side of the room, causing a long sigh to leave everyone’s lips. I was only there for a few moments but I was already getting annoyed and frustrated, so when my eyes flashed at Seokjin, I saw a murderous attend which threw me off slightly. Seokjin was the caring and supporting older ‘brother’ to everyone in the group, so seeing how annoyed and angry he was only meant that Mark and Jungkook have been arguing all day. 


“That’s what I have been saying Jangkook.” Mark fired back, his eyes twinkling in delight when Jungkook physically flinched before letting out a fuming growl. I pushed Mark away from my personal space, only receiving a small pout coming from him, as a response to my actions. 


“It seems that we didn’t miss much, you’re still as annoying Mark but good to see you,” Jimin said while sitting himself down onto the beige sofa located in the middle of the spacious room. It wasn’t much, just a one big virtual communication centre shoved at the corner of the room, three scales plugged in with nine virtual oracle glasses for us all. It was unclear where and how Namjoon managed to find an underground base for us, but it certainly gave me the impression that it was something that he was planning for a little while. There were so many unanswered questions, however, I was aware that we weren’t in Foxit yet, just out borders. 


“Same here Jimin, I love having the ability to call you by your names without the whole ranking order.” Mark excitedly stated, moving his attention from frustrated Jungkook and focusing on tired Jimin. Mark shoved Jimin slightly, enough so he could sit himself down onto the sofa too before flashing everyone an innocent grin. His actions only caused another round of groans. It was obvious that Mark was acting like this on purpose but it was curious to see how far he was planning to go, surely someone soon enough will knock him out for a good cold couple of days?


“So all the effort to supposedly get to Idle was really to get us outside Foxit?” I questioned, studying Namjoon who had his eyes closed. His slender frame resting against the table next to the ‘kitchen area’. This place was completely compacted, only having the bare minimum for us all but it was obvious that it was a short-term base. Namjoon continued to have his eyes closed, and for a moment thought of his being asleep flashed across my mind. 


His purple hair was wildly kept, almost as if he was constantly running his fingers through his hair. Something was not right, they all were looking battered. I trailed down his black sharp-looking suit, he must have stood out like a sore thumb with a group of horrible fashionistas and their neon coloured clothes. (Which I was trying my very best to ignore especially when from the corner of my eyes I noticed Hoseok). The fear of what he and Taehyung were wearing after I saw Jimin was appropriate. 


“You don’t look that good,” Namjoon concluded after a moment of silence, his eyes finally gazing at me which made me snort in an unattractive manner. 


“Thanks, , you look like too, if that’s what you are implying.” I countered back, letting my bag drop onto the floor beside me. Hoseok burst out into small fits of laughter together with Mark and Jimin after my words.


“That was precisely what I was saying.” Namjoon did not even blink after my harsh words, he simply crossed his arms over his chest, continuing to examine me with his brown eyes. I had to shut my mouth as I felt a nasty swear just at the tip of my tongue. My body froze when his words seemed to finally fix in my brain. So he was implying that they were all suffering from something. 


“Are you saying that we got witched by someone? Cursed?” I challenged, the room turning completely silent after my words left the open. It sounded ridiculous however the longer the clogs in my brain turned the more it seemed like a possibility. 


“Yoongi has noticed some gradual changes, his theory got proven right after our secret mission,” Namjoon concluded, my body turning towards Yoongi who made himself comfortable near the virtual communication centre


“So let’s say that we got cursed, what does it mean?” Mark quickly piped in, his wide eyes flashing around the room in both shock and slight fear. It seemed that Namjoon decided to only let us know about the ‘curse’ when everyone was present in the room.


“My cute recruit it means that we are done for. Goodbye hash world.” Hoseok chirped in sarcastically, his lips tugging up to form full teeth smile. 


“What –  ”


“You both are beyond insane and stupid, you dragged us all to go and hunt after some mysterious and legendary witch?” I quickly interrupted, throwing my palm up to stop Mark from talking. I felt anger slowly build up in my veins, bubbling up when Namjoon said nothing to the accusations. He was crazy, why would the best strategist come up with such a terrible strategy, it made no sense. Was it the only option out of his million capabilities? 


“Namjoon isn’t at fault, I suggested it Jinmi.” Yoongi slowly hummed, his fingers tapping against the virtual keypad. His back still turned away to all of us which only made me even more irritated. 


“That’s even better Min Yoongi, are you sure you aren’t the one who cursed us?” I hissed out as my emotions got completely the best of me. 


“If I would have cursed you, you would have been dead. Truly dead.” 


“So the whole Commander Heinous situation is fake?” Jungkook intercepted quietly. His eyebrows frowned in slight confusion as he was glancing between Namjoon and Yoongi. His question caused a huge ruffle effect as everyone began to ask questions, pointing fingers at each other being the possible suspects. Especially Taehyung who was unable to avoid the curse too even with his aptitude in the present. The noisy chatter only got stopped when Yoongi slammed his fist against the wall. 


“Shut up!”


I felt the atmosphere shift, silence becoming overpowering as everyone settled down. They were all hiding so many things and I could no longer stop myself so I simply threw the nearest object resting next to me at Yoongi. He did not bother to dodge it, instead, he seemed to have decided to try and take all my anger in. Before I could try and recruit my thoughts I was strutting over to him, my eyes flashing completely white, harsh words rolling off my tongue. “That was your great plan? Do you want to kill us all, you coward!” 


“Jinmi, calm down, we don’t have time for inner conflict, and time is against us.” Namjoon quickly interrupted, my feet getting stuck in one place when the realisation of everyone’s disproving glances focusing straight at me. I hated it, I hated all of them, and yet I could not do anything. We truly were stuck together until the very bitter end. 


I giddily nibbled onto the inside of my cheek, my gaze falling onto my feet as I tried my best to keep my thoughts in. Namjoon was right, no matter how much I hated to admit it. 


“I never lied to any of you, the situation with Commander Heinous is true. Which also leads to the conclusion that he most likely managed to get someone to curse us.” Namjoon calmly stated, following a few moments of silence which felt like an eternity. 


“So you and Yoongi decided that the best course of action is to ask around rebels about a witch? Forgive me, but it sounds unnecessarily dangerous.” Seokjin intercepted, earning a few agreeing murmurs from Hoseok and Taehyung. 


“We are being slowly drained from our aptitudes, some of us are worse off than others what choice do we have?” I lifted my head, turning my attention onto Jungkook who was surprisingly taking the information calmly and maturely. His words made Jimin nod in agreement, both of them flashing each other an easy smile. 


“I feel like I’m getting a headache, I just don’t understand this? What is going on?” Mark quickly whined, his eyes desperately flashing between Yoongi and Namjoon, begging for answers that we all knew, we did not have. 


“It’s alimentary my dear recruit – ” Hoseok began, daring to roll his sleeves up before cracking his knuckles. It was so satisfying watching him stumble over his words when I quickly cut him off. 


“Did you just really say that?” 


I saw Hoseok gaze at me, the corner of his lips lifting as a smile was prominent.“Well yes, I did my cute Jinmi.”


“Ugh screw you Hoseok.” 

 

"Well if you insist - ”


“Can someone please explain to me the situation? How am I supposed to help any of you, if I have no idea – ” Mark intercepted, his feet dragging him up as he quickly threw his palms in the air. 


“I swear you’re an idiot Mark – ” Jungkook bitterly hummed, earning a chuckle from Taehyung who was comfortably observing the situation from his seat at the kitchen table. I saw a glare directed at Taehyung from Mark who interrupted Jungkook with childish name-calling.


“We might as well wave the white flags to Commander Heinous if that’s how things are going,” Seokjin stated, causing Mark to glance at him with a slightly worried expression. It was obvious that the situation was making everyone uneasy, especially Mark who was a rookie compared to us all. 


“Namjoon was this the best you both the great strategists could come up with? Out of the million possibilities hunting down a witch is our best option?” I asked, turning the whole room's attention onto me. I was irritated and annoyed but my experience with working under Alpha Arcadia indicated that Namjoon barely ever half-asses anything. 


“Listen, I said that before but it’s the truth, time is against us Jinmi,” Namjoon stated, earning a sarcastic chuckle from my lips. How ironic that he was telling the person who wielded the aptitude of time that time was running out. 


“Jinmi, you saw how unwell Jimin was. We need to get moving soon or else.” Yoongi interrupted, not bothering to finish his sentence, but it was a clear indication of what it meant. Jimin was in a worse situation than us all, or at least appeared to be so. Yoongi didn’t look any better, and if nothing was done we would get dry and left dead. 


“S-So we will die?” Mark whispered, his wide eyes darting between all of us as if looking for a confirmation, or someone to come out with a joke about it all being a prank. 


“Since when are you afraid of dying? My dear recruit if you aren’t afraid of Yoongi then death is nothing.” Hoseok light-heartedly concluded, earing a few chuckles across the room to his stupid words. Whatever he was trying to do, worked because the atmosphere seemed to have slightly lightened. Maybe it was because we were all tired but it all made some stupid sense. If we aren’t afraid of Yoongi the grim reaper why are we afraid of some powerful witch? 


“Apart from the fact that you know the legendary demon witch is so overpowered that she is dragging Yoongi to hell – ” Seokjin specified breaking the spell that Hoseok tried to run through us all. It was not fine. We were cornered like useless dolls. 


“So? Yoongi you should visit your father more often, I heard hell isn’t that bad for a demon himself.”


“Oh and Jinmi you shouldn’t worry too much, I’m sure father in law won’t hurt you too much –”


“I’m going to put a bullet through your head if you won’t shut up in a millisecond.” I hissed, completely interrupting Hoseok and his speech. 


“You know, I always wondered if you are a child of the Devil, guess we’ll find out Yoongi.” Jimin indicated, his fingers running through his hair as a mischievous smile was forming on his lips when he glanced at Yoongi who was making himself busy with the communication centre, he only briefly threw a nasty swear word directed at surprisingly me out of all people before going completely silent.


I snorted unattractively, feeling slightly insulted after being sworn at for no reason. “Excuse you Min Yoongi? I did absolutely nothing –”


“Just shut up and come and help me.” 


“So wait are you guys being serious about Yoongi being the son of the Devil -”


“MARK!” A chorus of voices rang across the room as Mark quickly waved his arms in the air, chuckling out a mumble of ‘just joking’. 


X


I smiled hopelessly pulling my cardigan closer to my slightly shivering frame. The hideout was finally silent, Namjoon managed to force everyone to take a rest after Mark passed out after trying to locate the closest rebel base, Namjoon forced us to not use any of aptitude unless necessary, apparently from his calculations the more we used our aptitude the quicker the curse was working. Nobody dared to challenge his words, but it seemed like a shaky theory at best. 


Mine worn-out frame empirically continues to support me throughout my mission. My eyes scanned through the millions of locations and numbers running through the screen. However, my mind was so tattered that they were barely making any sense. A letter there, a number there, and the muscles of my eyes were having a small spasm. I needed to shut my eyes and rest just like what the ‘leader’ said yet I was shamelessly scared of having that nightmare again, I could not witness Yoongi jumping off again. He was begging me to help him, yet I could not do so, I did not know how I could help him in my nightmares. I was never close enough nor powerful enough to be able to control those nightmares. 


“Go to sleep, I’ll take over.” My head quickly snapped towards the direction of his voice. It sounded so starchy as if he was coming off with a cold. Yoongi was staring straight at me with his dark eyes, my eyes deceiving me for a moment when I saw those bloody eyes from my nightmare. His hair was still messy, his dark circles visible. 


“Did you even sleep?” I felt those words roll off my tongue before I could stop myself. I did not care. He was Min Yoongi. What difference did it make if he died now or in my hands?


There was a brief moment of silence, only a few snores coming from Mark and Jimin who was passed out on the sofa, a blanket draped over them both. My eyes softened under the view of both of them. They seemed so peaceful, so unaware of how suicidal the situation where we're in. 


“Go to bed before those two wake up and steal your place.” Yoongi tried again. I simply flashed him a tired smile before my eyes were on the screen again, my fingers zooming in closer to the undetectable coordinates. It was impossible, there was no way we would get any information from the rebels and even if we did Commander Heinous would be here to kill us before we could even use it.  


“Who’s sleeping in the bedroom that you came from?” I asked, feeling Yoongi’s hot gaze not leaving my skin. 


“Taehyung and Jungkook.”


“I’ll pass then,” I mumbled, my ears picking up on a gentle sound of a chuckle coming from Yoongi’s lips, the image of his bruised and bloody lips passed through my body like a lightning bolt. My body jumped slightly as brazen whimpers left my lips. My hands quickly slapped the fingers that found themselves pressed against my shoulder, Yoongi simply pulled his hand away before I could freak out any more. 


“What are your nightmares about?” I felt as if my gut was punched with his question. It was simple yet I could not help but be freaked out about it, what was real and what was fake? Could I trust this Yoongi with such sensitive information? 


“Do you get nightmares?” I counterattacked him instead with a question, his eyebrows frowning slightly once I turn to face him. It was clear that this question threw him off, perhaps we all experienced our little nightmares?


“Look, it doesn’t matter I’m here so you can rest a bit more – ” My words got cut off when I heard his. 


“Sometimes.” 


His words rang in my ears over and over again, my overworked mind trying to figure out if it made any sense. Yoongi sometimes had nightmares? Was it any surprise? He is the ‘grim reaper’, he had thousands of missions over his short career as a Proxy, and there was no reason to be naïve, not all of his missions ended up with an agreement with the second party. After all, if Proxy Enmity was sent out it was not to make a verbal agreement. 


“I’ve been having the same nightmare for the past couple of weeks, it gets more vivid with each night.” I heard my voice sounding in the room, my palm quickly covering my mouth as I try to comprehend why I even said that. Was it even safe to say those things to him? We might be working together due to mutual benefit but he was my enemy as well as my ally for now. 


“Sometimes they seem so real that I can’t help myself and wonder if it was my reality.” Again silence ran through us. My eyes trailed down Yoongi’s expressionless face. Was I scared?


“Am I doing something to you in your nightmares? You kept screaming my name.” I felt my teeth dig into my bottom lip, my legs pulling me to sit down on the chair. The communication centre is forgotten for a moment as I try to think through. Should I tell him? Yoongi was clever but was he so clever to be able to deduce that we are cursed? Perhaps because his aptitude was a big curse at the end of the day it was familiar, or maybe he was playing one big game?


“I’m getting tired, I’m just going to go and get some few hours of sleep. Nothing out of ordinary happened.” I quickly changed the subject, it was getting far too heavy for my liking. I could not yet grasp if he was more of an enemy than an ally. I quickly stood up, flashing Yoongi one of my fake smiles before my feet were dragging me away. The sofa was silent as Mark and Jimin pretended to be asleep after listening to our conversation in a not-so-secret manner. 


“Don’t jump after me, there is no reason to save me after you slowly cut out my heart and step on the broken pieces.” I felt my feet stop dead in their track, my head wiping round to face Yoongi who was focusing on the screen in front of him. My eyes widened with the realisation of what was said. 


“W-What?” I winced slightly when I heard how stupid and screechy my voice sounded. 


Yoongi did not bother to focus his attention on me, his eyes were focused on the main objective and I second-guessed if what I heard was even real. “Why are you still here? Go to sleep.”


I shook my head, tugging onto my bottom lip in desperation. Why was he pretending that he never said anything? Was it a dream? “What did you just say?”


“What? I told you to go to sleep?”


“No, about not jumping off.”


“Stop hallucinating, go to bed.”


I felt uneasy, perhaps I was hallucinating. I chuckled, it sounds far too strained in my ears. I needed to go and rest, so I waved my hand to Yoongi who simply turned his back to me without saying anything else. With all my leftover strength I dragged myself over to the nearest bedroom. My eyes raked in the two boys spread out over the double mattress, Jungkook’s arm resting over Taehyung’s tight as Taehyung’s foot was shoved near Jungkook’s face. It was a mystery how they managed to end up like that, Taehyung hovering all of the duvets while Jungkook was left to shiver in the night. It was a heart-warming sight to my insomniac mind to see them so peaceful, so themselves. There was no Proxy Clout and Proxy Ornate. Instead, in front of me lay two young guys, friends my past self would say. 


I glanced at the empty single mattress designated near the window. The duvet pushed over to the wall, it was Yoongi resting on it moments ago. There was no bed rests, just mattresses placed on the floor. Quick and easy to get rid of, my mind mumbled praising Namjoon with his ideas. This was not supposed to be homely, it was just a place to crash at while we worked on our plan. There were no single bedrooms each, two bedrooms filling in as many as it could. I chuckled silently under my breath when Rose’s voice rang. She would have hated it, how could the top-star model sleep in a bedroom as simple as this? Yet alone sharing it? Oh, the horror. 


I stepped over the two guys spread out. Making sure that I did not step on them by accident as tempting as it was, we needed good rested minds. My body dropped straight onto the single mattress, my tense muscles finally relaxing. My mind already drifting off somewhere as my eyelids began to close. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. “Don’t jump after me, there is no reason to save me after you slowly cut out my heart and step on the broken pieces.”


“Jump.”


“Cut out my heart.”


“Step over the broken pieces.”


Those words kept ringing in my subconscious. My body shivered when I felt the same coldness brush my skin. My eyes annoyingly slapped open to see the same cursed room. My eyes widen when I see Min Yoongi standing at the edge of the building again. 


“This is the ending that you wanted, so kill me without any hesitation.”


And just like that, he was falling again, this time my body forcing my racing heart to stay still and watch his lifeless body hit the ground.