11

Emissary

Contains swear words & slight ual implications (words only).


I pulled the black hood over my saturated form as I ran in the soft rain. Small pallets of water spitting in my hands, my frame slightly shivering as my throat was still dry and scratchy from the cold. The patter of the rain created a shield around me, the LED lights in the early hours of morning shining brightly. My boots skipped over the scattered puddles decorating the asphalt. I was slightly late and my heart was beginning to feel uneasy. They could have all left and boarded the train now.

Through the light rain, my attention was taken away by the building in front of me. C21 civilian train station was grand. The building is completely made of glass fibers, standing tall in the morning rain. I managed to lift my head just a bit, scanning through the virtual announcement of the train to idle leaving in three minutes. 


The rain continued to float in gentle waves, my skin feeling wet and sticky from both the rain and my body temperature. The sky was covered in all shades of grey, a deep sigh left my lips as I pulled my drenched body inside the building. As usual, it was incredibly busy with the morning commuters. I quickly scanned through the busy crowd, my back felt heavy from my backpack, however, I continued. I could not be late, otherwise, this whole plan would be falling apart.


I quickly gazed down at my trusty black boots, trying to keep a low profile without causing too much suspicion. I was not stupid, I knew what this 'mission' required, even when I did not get any briefing from Lore, or Enmity. When I noticed a group of protectors standing right in front of the entrance, my mind flashed in a speed of light pace a quick plan. I did not have any boarding passes, nor could I afford to go and try to get one, there was simply no time. So trying to appear as less suspicious as possible, I scanned my area again. I could not use my aptitude without causing some sort of signal, any abnormal activity would be detected within seconds. So I was stuck with a couple of options, I chewed the insides of my cheeks, coming up with a conclusion that the protectors needed to be distracted. 

A group of school students rushed past me in a hurry, briefly flashing their virtual passes to board the super-sonic G4. A small smile formed on my lips as I noticed the protectors taking their eyes off the entrance to glance at the group, bingo. I did not need a second invitation from the idiots. My feet sprinted into action as I quickly jumped over the rail, accidentally bumping into a person as I tried to merge in with the crowd. I could not be seen or Commander Heinous would know that we boarded the idle express. I hissed slightly when the person who I bumped into called out to me, my hood falling over my eyes more as I rushed forward. I did not need an extra pest. There was just simply no time, and the whole situation was ironic. I wielded the aptitude of time and yet I could not use it. 


“Excuse me, Madam!” That voice continued, their stubborn persuasion continued as I felt their presence behind me. 


“Final call for idle express.” I heard an audio announcement, my boots tapping against the shiny white tiles as I ran towards the eight-line, my hands waving in the air to signal for the lift to stop. My heart began to beat faster as the lift’s door shut closed right under my nose. I quickly hissed a curse word before sprinting over to the next lift that was about to shut close too, however before I could miss it a hand intercepted, blocking the glass doors from closing. I mumbled a directed ‘Thank you’ towards the person who I did not even bother to spare a glance at before stepping inside. Feeling everyone’s sharp eyes directed at my drenched pathetic frame. I was breathing heavily, feeling both sticky and feverish. Yet I could not spare a thought about my condition. I needed this.

I brushed their stares off and tapped my foot impatiently, my eyes scanning for the line eight in the distance through the glass window glazing, a small group of people waiting next to it caught my attention, eight male figures standing still, a clear discussion happening between a taller and short guy. It was obvious who they were even with their disguises. Their frames stepped inside after the final call rang once more. I felt my breath hitching as I quickly pushed people out of the way as soon as the lift’s door opened, rushing up down two steps in a great hurry, my body feeling limb and tired, I felt completely unwell. 


I desperately rushed towards the line, my hands waving in the air idiotically towards the AI guard who was waving the train off. However before I could reach the train, the vacuum tube closed, a slight force field knocking my frame slightly back with the powerful shock coming from the powered tube. It left me in a frantic state as I watched the train pull away without being able to do a single thing. I was breathing heavily, gasping for air like a hungry starved animal. My body tingling slightly from the statics that I have received moments ago. I missed them, I missed Alpha Arcadia boarding the train and leaving C21. I screwed everything up just because I had that same nightmare about Min Yoongi. Just because I was weak Kim Jinmi and not revenge strong Hana.


“.” I cursed loudly, feeling annoyed and hopeless. How could I have managed to fail this badly? I wanted to laugh at myself sarcastically. Of course, my stupid self much rather had continued to try and piece puzzles of that nightmare together instead of getting myself here. I grunted again, this distressed mood only led me to kick the vacuum tube in anger. The electric statics are no longer there. AI guard quickly approached me, his irises scanning my frame in a disproving manner before he was ordering for me to stop kicking the vacuum tube. I simply waved him off, my badly sored mood completely getting in the way. The AI guard ordered me again, however, with much difficulty, I decided to walk myself back towards the empty comfortable floating furniture bench. I felt cold, my eyes stinging from both the rain and lack of sleep. I quickly wrapped my arms around my frame in desperation, gazing straight at the vacuum tube, idle train long gone by now. I screwed both myself and alpha arcadia over. If I only had managed to get here quicker. 


“Madam, are you waiting for the idle express?” The same AI guard asked me, his irises continuing to examine me in slight programmed fear of my presence, there was no doubt that I managed to trigger some danger signals. I did not blame the guard, I did look horrendous, and suspicious with my hood covering my bloodshot eyes and my massive backpack. I simply bushed him off, waving my hand to signal for him to see that I was not interested in any chit-chat. I was still annoyed at myself for missing the train, now I had no idea what was the plan. I only knew that I was supposed to meet them here or on the idle express 07:03. 


“Can you please provide your boarding pass?” The AI guard questioned, earning unnecessary attention from the other AI guards who sensed through their programs that I was a strange character. Their artificial bodies surround me. I gently bite onto my lip, hissing under my breath at them all. I did not have a boarding pass, Lore was supposed to have provided us with one. At least that’s what I expected him to do, I knew that I had to be as anonymous as possible. Our departure should not have attracted attention, yet here I was surrounded with AI guards, who most likely have already contacted the protectors about a shifty character that was surprisingly similar to the notorious Proxy Ire, and if they found out that I did not have a pass and managed to jump some protectors, my failed departure would be informed to Commander Heinous within minutes.


“Madam-” I shifted my eyes onto the individual who decided to take a seat next to me uninvited, his hands flashing a virtual pass to the AI guards before they reluctantly moved away. I sighed quietly, pulling the straps of my backpack off slightly harshly than necessary before throwing my bag at the person in slight anger. 


“I should have kicked your out of the bed if I knew that you’ll be late.” Yoongi hummed in delight, to my annoyance his hands quickly caught my thrown bag with ease before he was glancing forward. It was as if nothing happened, he appeared calm and almost mysterious. I almost felt that we were just two pairs of lost souls, however, my ego did not let me shut up and let peace fall.


“If Namjoon wanted to leave someone behind he could have easily got Jimin or Taehyung.” I fired back, feeling slightly angry at the realisation that out of all the people Lore could have left behind as my guide, he picked Enmity. Of course, he would do that, I bet they all agreed unanimously as soon as Enmity was mentioned. 


“It was a last-second decision surprisingly, and I’m more surprised to see that you had some decently to figure some things out.” 


“What that you idiots will be boarding the idle train? Or the fact that you guys are now not proxies, meaning that you go by your actual names?” I hissed back, running my slender fingers through my wet hair locks, trying to make it seem slightly presentable even when the hood was covering most of it. My attention shifted slightly to the AI guards still watching us, no doubt running through the database to see if we were criminals, and the reality of them being able to catch something onto me was like a slap in my face. Of course, now I was even more stuck. Few protectors approached our frames, particularly a grunt-looking female. I heard Yoongi grunt quietly at my words, my free palm gently placed on top of his resting hand, my eyes shifting down when the female protector met my gaze. I felt his sharp gaze move onto me, questioning my motives. My fingers brushed his hand, his fingers strangely replying to my contact by intertwining together with me. Yet he still appeared confused with my sudden shift in mood.


Honey isn’t it wonderful to finally be going on our honeymoon?” I sweetly hummed, turning my attention onto Yoongi who had his eyebrows raised at me for a moment, he almost seemed so innocent, however, the pad of his fingers continued to my skin. I bit onto my tongue to try and prevent myself from lashing out at him for being damn stupid. One of the best strategists my . However just before I could punch his arm and bark out a very nasty curse, to try and snap out of his stupidly he seemed to realize the situation at hand. His arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his surprising warmth body. I felt my body inertly with the pleasant sensation, the pad of his fingers was gently drawing circles around my hood's fabric, locating over my shoulder blader. I felt the protector's gaze continue to penetrate us both, my head quickly rested against Yoongi’s chest when I felt slightly unsafe with their curiosity. I had my hood over my head, that was apparent but I still could not shake off the feeling that they knew or at least had an idea of who we were. So when tiredness overcame my cells, I quickly nuzzled my face against the fabric of Yoongi’s surprisingly not leather jacket, but a statin bomber one. He surely went all out with the sudden change of his jacket. (I sarcastically chucked in my mind.)


“Are you two newlyweds?” I heard a chirped female voice ask, my face completely buried in Yoongi’s warmth and protection, I felt a silent chuckle escape my lips at how the situation was turning out to be. Two top proxies playing pretend just because Proxy Lore left us two alone in the middle of a mess that I managed to bring in by being late. It was almost scary to see how easily I could have fallen into the trap of Yoongi’s calmness, his fingers continuing to message my shoulder blade, his low voice sounding. 


“We are, we just, unfortunately, missed the train to Idle a few moments ago, can you tell us when is the next one?” Yoongi politely asked, and I had to bite onto my bottom lip harshly to prevent myself from bursting out into laughter. This was all too amusing, both of us playing a pretend game and here we had Yoongi asking like a polite gentleman that everyone knew he was not. 


“Sure, let me just check some data and I will let you two know. How strange shouldn't it be on the virtual noticeboard? They always are there." The protector mumbled the last part of the sentence under her breath, my head slowly pulling away from Yoongi’s embrace with the sudden realization of her word implications. So Lore did plan something? The problem was, just what? I felt Yoongi lower his arm away from my shoulders, instead opting out to snake it around my waist. He knew was he was doing, this pretends game had a mini level built-in that we both seemed to figure out. Perhaps I underestimated Proxy Lore because he was leaving hints everywhere. 


“Oh, I’m so sorry to tell you that but it appears that the new idle train leaves tomorrow morning?” I felt a small smirk tug at the corner of my lips, however, before the female protector could pick up on it I quickly smiled at her. It was far too easy, so taking the unwell spoiled wife role, I dramatically gasped due to her words, my eyes speedily glossing with fake tears.


“What do you mean? I and my husband have a hotel reserved! Oh honey, what are we going to do?” I turned my attention onto Yoongi who was surprisingly glazing at me with concern written all over his face and for a minute I had to stop and stare at him. It all seemed so real for a fake second, my mind wanders off to an unpleasant and unneeded past, however before I could wander off too much I swiftly covered my face with my palms, coughing harshly. 


“Are you alright honey? Excuse me, kind protector, can you please point us in the nearest direction to the infirmary? I think my wife is feeling unwell.” I had to physically stop myself from cringing at our going down the hill acting. It was a miracle that the IQ of protectors and most proxies were below average because I swear Yoongi was terrible. There was a reason why Jimin and Hoseok would have been a better pair to run this show, however, it was becoming a mess especially when I had to silently deal with Yoongi’s unnecessary brush against my lower back, his hot breath quickly fanning my neck as he whispering sweet nothings to me. His last words left me slightly breathless "Mmm babe."


“Oh my, is your wife alright? Should I call the medical team?”


“Please no, can you point us at the infirmary instead, I think my wife is just running a slight fever nothing that would need to cause the good medical team to stress over.” 


Enmities words had some truth in it, I was feeling slightly unwell the cold still making me a weak prisoner, not being able to be in my optimal health. I felt Yoongi pull me onto my feet, his strong arms guiding me towards the infirmary that the protector was directing us to. I continued to bury myself against the stronghold of Yoongi’s, sounding pained whines once in a while to just keep up with the act. 


“Are you sure your wife is going to be alright? I can always call the urgent medical team, she looks as if she is going to pass out any second now?” 


“No need, thank you for your help protector, we must have taken you away from important duties please excuse us.” 


I heard the sliding door close behind us, my feet automatically pulling my body away from Yoongi who had the biggest and nastiest smirk on his lips present when our eyes met. His dark eyes gleamed in delight and I had to mentally stop myself from biting back at him, instead I opted out of pulling my bag away from his loose grip, ramming through for some dry clothes. 


“That was cute honey.” Yoongi hummed teasingly, not bothering to give me any privacy when I managed to pull out comfy black sweatpants and a white slightly cropped top. I shifted my gaze onto Yoongi who had his back resting against one of the walls, his tongue mischievously running across his bottom lip sinfully as he was staring straight at me. 


“Get out of here, are you seriously planning to stare at me as I get changed you ert?” I quickly hissed at him, throwing my wet hoodie at his frame, only to see him catch it without much effort causing my anger to slowly build up. He was enjoying this all too much. I suddenly felt slightly with my black t-shirt and soaked skinny jeans. 


“What’s wrong? It’s not as if I haven’t seen any of it before honey.” 


“Shut your mouth Min Yoongi, or I swear I will knock your teeth out.” I susurrated in anger, harshly throwing my backpack at him, only to see him again catch it with ease before he had the nerve to trail down my frame suggestively. 


“Rough play, love it.” 


“I swear you are becoming worse than all of the annoying Exultant’s squad added together.” I quickly added, deciding to just humour his annoyance and turn my back to him. If he did not get out I did not have many options. Our time was limited and somebody would pick up on the fact that the newlywed couple and the sick wife were taking a little too long in the infirmary room. Either way, because I have managed to deteriorate or other factors. However, the most factor remained, I needed to figure out what Lore and Enmity had planned. 


“It's fair sweetheart, you do own me for playing along with your terrible acting performance,” Yoongi answered back smoothly and I had to stop myself from getting too heated at him. He was playing a game and he was being annoyed on purpose, however, it was so difficult to just ignore him.

 
“I saved your , that protector would have caught onto us being suspicious, called in support and we would have been at the office of Heinous by now.”


“Well if you weren’t late we wouldn’t even need to do any of this.”


“Screw you Min Yoongi.” 


X


I stood at the side as Yoongi typed in a virtual code that the Alpha Arcadia provided us, or well most likely Mark did. Yoongi briefly gave me a quick overview of Lore deciding last minute that we will be meeting him at a different point, he has already planned some distractions, it was no matter Yoongi instead needed to plant a few more distractions instead because of my little mess up. Whatever he had planned, I had no clue.

I nervously swallowed my saliva, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the idea of spending so much time with Enmity, or well Yoongi now. With a last final look, I felt his warm fingers wrap themselves comfortably around my right wrist, pulling me forward. I rushed forward together with him. It made me feel slightly insulted about the fact that even when it was just us two he still was the leader. I hated to admit it, but I was lacking information and I had to put fate in Namjoon and Yoongi, something that was making me feel uncomfortable with. Yoongi pushed me towards the restricted manhole. I quickly hissed a swear word directed at Yoongi who only brushed me off. He was messing now, surely?


“Go down first, I’ll meet you in about a few minutes. You have realized why there aren’t any idle trains running today right?” Yoongi questioned me, helping me pull the manhole open before surprising assisting me to go down. I quickly mumbled a brief "I’m not stupid." before I was descending the old ladder steadily. It was dark and uncomfortable, my muscles aching from all the use. As soon as my feet met the asphalt Yoongi pulled the manhole close and left me alone in the spacious old underground rail passage. I was surprised to see such a space, I have never seen or heard of it, however, I again had to put fate in them. 


I quickly wrapped my arms around my frame as the cold air seemed to ventilate from the further up exit. My body slightly shivering, trying to generate some heat. My thin cardigan did barely anything and the thought of Yoongi's jacket briefly crossed my mind. Soon enough I was shaking that ridiculous thought away.

The plan was evident at least I hoped it was, (who knew what those two ace strategists came up with.) Few important trains leading to the rebel destinations were all canceled mysteriously, including a twice-daily train to Wrath. There was no reason to hide completely, Commander Heinous would figure out that his ‘A-team’ is missing, thus it only made sense to leave some confusing tracks. However, it still did not mean that I was not feeling slightly annoyed at Namjoon. He could have given me a heads up, instead, here I was guessing and hoping that my mind was shining as brightly as his aptitude did. If I was a stupid trainee and rookie I would have no idea what one of his big master's plans, even now it was difficult. It was evident that he figured out that I would be late, or being the genius that he was, he has concluded ten million plans while waiting for me.


I dragged my feet forward, the inside of the tunnel barely visible due to the lack of lights. Every once in a while when an old electronic lamp flickered by I was able to scan the area and notice that the exit continued to stay miles away. I tried to focus on the task on hand, however, I was feeling slightly curious about what secret mission was Yoongi given. I did make it harder for them all by being late, at least it was something that I thought at the beginning but as my feet took me closer to the exit I began to realize that Proxy Lore had it all under control. 


I quickly squinted my eyes shut once the bright light welcomed me, my palm automatically falling over my eyes for a brief moment before I was brave enough to open my eyes. Just where did I manage to come out to? I felt my lips form a smile once I notice healthier-looking Siren waving at me not so discreetly. His bright pink hair peeking through his cap, he was wearing denim jeans and had a stupid bright orange jumper on which was making me dizzy, in a bad way. I was surrounded by idiots. If Jimin was so flashy I was already dreading seeing Hoseok, Taehyung, and most importantly Mark. Just how did they expect to go under the radar, who knows. Perhaps they did not even bother? I mumbled with dissatisfaction at his bold fashion choice, however, Jimin had a powerful charismatic effect over everyone and soon enough I rushed over to him, my arms automatically throwing themselves around his sturdy frame, causing him a surprise out of his life when I hugged him. His lungs pull a shocked gasp as I gently squeeze him in my arms, before pulling away to smack him across his head. My palms aching to land a nice sharp slap across his cheek however his confused and anxious facial expression was enough for the time being.


“You all are such idiots, I swear I do not know why I even bother. Tell Namjoon that his plan , I had to freak pretend to be Yoongi’s wife can you imagine the horror?” I rambled on, marching ahead a small honest smile appearing on my lips when I heard Jimin trailing behind me. 


“Oh the horror beautiful, at least you did not get thrown off the third stop by Namjoon only muttering your name. I had to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do on my own.” Jimin pouted in a light-hearted manner, his face continuing to sulk even when he finally managed to step in line with me. 


“Namjoon will receive my fist as soon as we’ll find him. Did he force poor Mark into this mess? Mark is so inexperienced, now he is betraying D-93? Just what is Namjoon thinking?” 


“That was Yoongi.” I had to stop myself abruptly before I managed to trip over something as soon as the words fixed in my brain. What? Yoongi dragged Mark into this mess? But why? It made no sense, last night Yoongi admitted that Mark was irritating him, so why? Mark was a talented hacker that was clear but was it only just that reason...


“Do you at least know if they headed to Idle or got off on some other stop?” I quickly changed the subject when the air became stuffy. Yoongi had a plan under his sleeve and the knowledge of him pulling Mark into this was making me feel uneasy. 


“No idea, wasn’t Yoongi supposed to know? Where is he?” 


“He left me behind, he has something to do.” 


There was a brief silence between us after Jimin told me as much as I have figured out about the plan. So it seemed that Namjoon was keeping some of the details behind? We continued to decent our routine, the path quickly acceded into the woods. Making me feel slightly uncomfortable when the memories of Jimin being hurt and as we were surrounded by a large number of rebels. I hated it. It was causing me to feel slightly paranoid. It was making my mind begin to overwork, coming up with calculations and plans for a variety of escape routes and possible meeting points. So when my ears picked up on the slight sound of someone’s footsteps I found my arm outspread, stopping Jimin from taking another step as I quickly turned towards the sound. I saw Jimin shift his attention to the sound, his eyes glowing pink, his aptitude expanding, trying to read the intruder's mind. 


“Jimin you shouldn't force yourself, you’re still recovering.” I quickly repented him, Jimin slightly wavering when using his aptitude and I had to stop myself from interrupting him in his fragile moment. Seconds later Jimin was relaxed, completely dismissing my words, only flashing me a cheeky smile. It only seemed to confuse me, my hands sliding back into my bag’s back pocket, searching for some throwing knives, the sound coming from footsteps got only closer and when it was close enough I threw a knife with all my force before the intruder could see us first. The intruder stepped out as the knife slicked past Yoongi’s frame, barely missing his head, instead, hitting the tree trunk behind him. I heard Jimin giggling with excitement when Yoongi’s eyes flashed slightly red at me. He knew it was only Yoongi. That annoying telepathy boy.


“Still at throwing knives I see sweetheart,” Yoongi stated, to my surprise completely brushing the incident aside. He instead pulled the knife out of the tree trunk before shoving it down his jean’s pocket in a quick manner. The sight only caused me to shiver slightly, he was so careless, and it was a miracle that he did not manage to cut into the fabric or worse his flesh.


“Just like you at shooting.” I quickly counter back, hearing Jimin burst into fits of real laughter after my words, we all knew that was untrue. Yoongi was the top snipper. Yoongi was a protege. 


“Why are you two standing here anyway? We’re meeting the rest of the team at Foxit.” Yoongi slowly grunted, Jimin finally seemed to realize that his laughter was unnecessary when Yoongi flashed him a serious glare. 


“Why the hell did nobody tell me anything? I swear I was dragged off my bed and then kicked out of the train. Am I becoming the new Mark because I feel offended,” Jimin complained, his lips again forming a sulky pout that I and Yoongi brushed off completely. Only making Jimin whine childishly, mumbling about us being so unfair. 


“Namjoon wants us to deal with rebels straight away? Why Foxit?”


“Ask him when you’ll get there, now get moving honey.” Yoongi had the guts to pat my behind once he reached me before he was pointing at the path ahead. Jimin raised his eyebrows as he was staring at both of us, no doubt questioning our sudden proximity and annoyingly carefree nature.


“Wait, did you just call Jinmi honey? What the hell did I miss?” 


I saw Yoongi smirk teasingly after Jimin’s questions, my mind dreading his answer that seemed to be rolling off his tongue “Our wedding.”


“Ugh, screw you both.” I threw them my middle finger in such an unladylike fashion before strutting ahead, swaying my hips while keeping my head held high. I did not bother to check to see if they were following me or not. Truth be told, I did not care.