06

Emissary

Contains swear words & violence.

(Italic font text is memories.)


“Did you hear what that Wrath freak did? He attacked his fellow proxy trainee for no reason.”

“They all are the same, those Wrath rats.” 

Constant hurtful words encircled us, fingers pointing at us as laughter rang. I felt my tears building yet again, however, I had to shake them off. I needed to bury my old self, I will become a Proxy. I kept reminding myself, muttering those words like a prayer. I needed to become a proxy for Wrath. 

When my eyes sight not so shamefully felt on Yoongi, everything changed. Yoongi was different. That mysterious boy brushed it all off, he never appeared to have been affected by those words. He seemed to have been thrilled by the hate. He was like a grim reaper, he all the hate to become even more unstoppable. He started as mere underlining but fear was circulating the special division proxies, he was too good.

Proxy Lore had taken up the challenge of trying to pursue Min Yoongi to become his junior. Rumours flew around, how could somebody as powerful and amazing as Proxy Lore want a mere trainee rookie to join his junior division so quickly? It was unheard of. 

“No.” Would always be Yoongi’s answer to Proxy’s Lore propositions. Why? Yoongi had the most perfect opportunity to have his name written in the legacy books, to erase the stigma that came with being from Wrath, yet he never did. What was Yoongi’s plan?

“Yoongi, think about it, my division is very desirable. I am giving you a golden position, no mere trainee rookie has been offered such a proposition. My juniors are the highest-ranked rookies from the academy. They finished long years of training to be considerate – ”

Lore never finished his speech as their eyes fell on me. My breath was taken away as their murderous gaze seized me wholly. I had been caught eavesdropping on an important conversation, I felt my cheek heat up, and no doubt an embarrassing blush had made its way on my cheeks. I wanted to be swollen up by the ground. Why did I decide to follow Yoongi?

“Your admirer?” Proxy Lore stated, his tone was light and teasing, however, I still felt stung. He was a big senior, so young yet so above my league. I chewed on my lip, quickly gazing down at my feet. I could not run away like an idiot, yet I could not stand being the main attention of them both. Why was I so damn stupid? 

“No, a mere shadow.” 

My eyes snapped back at them, Yoongi’s jet black eyes trailing down my self-conscious frame before he gave me a disproving look. He saw me as somebody below him, a mere pest, and for some reason that made me sick inside. Kim Jinmi was always a mere pest from Wrath. 

X

Yoongi had his hands shoved into his pockets, his posture was relaxed and almost intimidating as he had his gaze fixed on the hand-to-hand combat mentor. His calculating eyes examined each move that the mentor was showing, it was fascinating to see how quickly he had everything memorised. It was visible that his dark eyes shined the most when he was surrounded by violence. Just who was Min Yoongi? What aptitude did that boy possess to be so highly ranked within trainees? It should have been terrifying to be near such a powerful and cold guy, but for some reason, my eyes always fell on him. I liked the authority he possessed. Min Yoongi was a mystery that I was willing to solve. 

Yoongi with great satisfaction smirked as one of the trainees was pinned against the floor mat by the mentor, the trainee tapping out to get released from a choking hold. His lips merely lift, but it was obvious that he was enjoying seeing that. That trainee was too slow, a two seconds quicker reaction would mean that he would have escaped that chokehold. Yet it seemed that Yoongi had come up with the same conclusion, and I felt insignificant. I had to use my aptitude to deduct that, however, Yoongi was just above us all. 

Min Yoongi was fascinating, extraordinary even. He never announced himself but his strong persona was always the centre of attention.
 
“Right class, pair up and get ready for a hand-to-hand combat training.” The mentor announced, earning some groans from a few individuals who found this class a bit too rough. 

To nobody's surprise, not a single soul dared to approach Yoongi. That was until I was making my way over to him, everyone’s eyes fixating on my back as wild whispers began circulating. After all two Wrath freaks should always stick together right? 

“Min Yoongi let’s pair u- ” My words got shot off when Yoongi completely walked past me. Not sparing a single glance at me. He did not even let me finish, and it was embarrassing. Satisfying chuckles and whispers continued to ring around, completely wrapping around me as anger was building up. Did he think he was far too good? Was I just a useless pest? 

My face becomes rigid as my jaw clamped tight, teeth grinding. The whispers become louder. They all found it so damn amusing, not even a ‘Wrath’ freak wanted to be near me. They all glared at me like I was a waste of space, it was like a victory to them to see me get angry. In their head, seeing me broken or angry mean that they were all right. 

Before my mind could begin to comprehend any rational thoughts my feet were charging towards Yoongi’s back. With my emotional distress, my aptitude responded, he was completely open to an attack. I smashed my elbow into the side of his skull, screams from others echoed around the room as Yoongi staggered back, with a groan. He threw up his forearms into a defensive manner, without a second doubt as my right fist slipped past his block, I saw his eyes widen due to a surprise when my fist met his face. I felt satisfaction run through my vein to see him so surprised. Served that right. 

However, Yoongi was quick, as he put a nice stiff left, followed with a right cross however just as his second fist was about to meet my face with a far much greater force than he received I slipped to the left, throwing him off enough so that I could step to the right and get a handful of his jet black hair. I threw his head forward and slammed my forehead against his nose. Pain seeped through my forehead, as I met his face, his ragged breathing sounding as warm dark liquid trailed down our faces. His nose with no doubt was broken. His widened eyes finally took me in completely. There were no words exchanged between us for those few seconds, as I moved my head, yet something seemed to have changed in the air. He finally was honestly looking at me. 

My vision blurred completely from the sudden blunt force and trauma, flashing lights scanning past at the corner of my eyes. Black spots appear. My ears buzzing making it completely difficult for me to hear what was going on anymore. Yet Yoongi expected my weakening aptitude to go away. 

I tried to tighten my hold of his hair but Yoongi grabbed my wrist with his left hand, ripping my grasp off with so much force that I staged forward to the direction. My breathing was heavy as my body felt saggy, my aptitude completely went, leaving me in the grasp of now very livid Yoongi who had yet to release his mysterious aptitude. His fist balled before colliding with my cheekbone, flaying my neck back like some mere leaf caught in the wind, making me stumble and nearly fall over my own feet. This was no longer a hand to hand combat training. 

“Min Yoongi and Kim Jinmi. You both are being placed in isolation right this instant!” The mentor shouted, her hands encircling themselves around my shoulders as she tried to pull me away from Yoongi’s grasp, only having Yoongi grip onto me tighter. My vision cleared up only to meet Yoongi’s red eyes, his pupils were not visible and I felt shamelessly terrified, was he about to unleash his aptitude? What was it?

“Proxy Bout that is enough. I will take care of my underlining’s.” A familiar voice sounded, making the mentor stop in her track. 

“Proxy Lore.” 

X

I felt a dangerous presence take a seat in front of me. My eyes continued to examine the double gladded interrogation windows. It was certainly a strange sensation to be the one sitting in the defendant's chair instead of leading an interrogation. The sound coming from the handcuffs hitting the tabletop brought my attention forward onto Enmity. He never did handcuff me even when Lore suggested it.

“You’re back.” Enmity said before the room felt into excruciating silence. My irises trailed his face, the pad of his fingers gently tapping against the tabletop and all I could think of was; it was like a calm before the storm. Proxy Enmity was a good game player, and if he needed to he would torture me just to get something useful out. The decision now was how to play it? We both entered a virtual chess game in our minds.

More passing minutes came by in silence as my eyes continued to gaze at Enmity, it seemed that none of us wanted to back away from the match. It was a dangerous game to have such powerful players, we both could destroy each other and bring the whole system down. It was exciting. 

I brushed my leg smoothly against Enmity’s thigh, wetting my dry lips with my tongue; earning a slight reaction out of Enmity as his eyebrows frowned up. Proxy Ire was deadly and he knew it. First, move done.

I rested my palm gently on the cold metal, shivering involuntarily slightly from the sensation of cold metal. Enmities eyes moving down onto my slender fingers, my peripherals bravely inching closer to his rested fingers, and yet he continued to tap against the table. It was only when I had my fingers nicely wrapped around his, interviewing our fingers together that he finally questioned my motives.

“What are you doing?” His voice sounded low yet steady and I had to stop myself from appearing affected when he seemed to pick up on my plan, his thumb gently brushing my inner wrist, it what would appear a comforting manner. Enmity’s first move is done. 

“What does it look like?” I challenged him back, my frame leaning over the table, his eyes following my every move. Yet he stayed rooted even when I was crossing his personal space. Min Yoongi was a worthy opponent. 

“It looks like you are trying to flirt your way out. If that is the case I’m disappointed. Shouldn’t you had me pinned against the table by now Ire?” Enmity had no shame when those words left his lips, and for a flashing moment, I could hear Mark's laughter ring in my mind as they all without any doubt stood behind the window, staring straight into our game while we could not see them.

I hummed out a low incoherent reply to his words, my fingers slipping out of grasps without much effort. If it was the poor and innocent Kim Jinmi standing right in front of him, I might have felt embarrassed. Yet it only seemed to excite me more, Yoongi would never back down from a challenge, so how far can we go until a line will be drawn again? Would Proxy Lore have to stop us as usual? 

I stood up from my seat, towering over his sitting frame as he continued to examine me. His eyes showed no intimidation even when I was in my dominating form. Anyone else would have been backing off, getting those handcuffs on yet Enmity did none of those things. The pad of my fingers swiped his hair away from his forehead, my move on the board was getting bolder yet Yoongi still seemed to have the whole game under control. My bishop piece seemed to have only convinced him that he would win this and that made me slightly irritated. My finger encircled his hair before I had managed to grip a fistful of his jet black hair and pull it back, causing his head to move with it. 

“I was remembering how I kicked your during one of our combat training classes.” I purred in delight, finally seeing an emotion flash past his eyes with the mention of the past. It was far too quick to figure out which emotion it was but it was clear, my moves were hitting him well. 

“Really? I seem to remember that I would have killed you if Lore did not step in.” Enmity hissed back, his hand gripping my wrist, tugging me away from his hair. My thigh hit the edge of the table, a light hiss leaving my lips unchecked as a clear bruise was forming without any doubt. Enmity kicked the table out of the way, metal discarded against the bullet-proof window with a loud bang. His eyes briefly flashed red in anger, his calm composition quickly slipping away from him as he struggled to contain his aptitude. “Check,” I mumbled to myself before he dragged me over to his side, my feet obediently following his movement, his anger fizzling away as soon as I was next to him. Enmity continued to sit on a damned chair, dismissing the unfair power balance thought away.

It was hysterical to see that Proxy Enmity still thought his side of the chess game was winning. His grip on my wrist tightened, my blood circulation getting cut off for a second as I had to sink my teeth into my bottom lip to prevent a pathetic whimper of sounding. He was like a child, having a hissy fit by choosing the violent side. I gently cupped his cheek with my free palm, his grip losing ever so slightly, my body leaning down before my warm breath was brushing against his ear. “Hm, would have saved wasting a year on the heart-wrenching symphony game we played Yoongi, right?” 

That was my checkmate as hell broke loose in Enmity after my words. He pushed me off with an extraordinary force, my back hitting the wall as all my breath gets knocked out. His eyes turned red as we glared at each other through the opposite sides. His frame finally stands straight.

“What is love? Fantasy in this virtual reality?” 

“A heart-wrenching Symphony, Jinmi.”

Those words from the past seemed to have made themselves known as the two ex-lovers stared down at one another. How stupid was I to believe any of them? Enmity was worse than all of them added together. 

“How the did you survive?” Proxy Enmity hissed with venom, his cool composure was gone being replaced by his true form. I was the only one who managed to get under his skin so quickly and so painfully. 

“Wouldn’t you like to know darling? Maybe you aren’t as good as you think you are? Maybe you aren’t the God?” My words left my lips completely raw, if it was a gun Enmity would have been shot three times straight without any mercy. He was right, I was his grim rapper, and I was ripping his dark soul straight out of him. 


His morbid red eyes zoomed at me. I knew that I have hit every right button to get Enmity on edge, he was after my blood that very moment. His instincts activated his aptitude, and the moment that it would reach me I would be in deep trouble. 

“Or maybe you are just useless at doing your only job right, darling?” My words continued to seep through, and maybe if I was in the right mind of a frame I would have stopped and re-grouped my strategy. I won the battle but I have yet to win the war. However, my heartbroken heart, anger, and his betrayal made us both the devil’s monsters. 

I had about two seconds to think of something before Enmity was charging at me, his morbid red eyes with a single horizontal line meant that he was being possessed by a demon who had the power of necromancy and fear inducement. It was terrifying to see him so quick, no matter how much I tried to use my aptitude to slow him down, to turn back the time meant nothing, he was out of his mind, and I soon found myself cornered with his hands grasping onto my windpipe. His eyes shone as I try to avoid his deathly gaze, it was too late. Fear was enveloping me, not only because he was trying to choke me but because my biggest fears creeped out. Enmity was using his full aptitude to torture me, I used my long nails to claw at his skin, getting a few drops of blood out which only seemed to satisfy him even more. He was in his dominating sadistic form.


I took a huge gasp of air when Enmity was pulled away from me. Proxy Clout had Enmity into a chokehold as Proxy Ornate was praying under his breath. His orange eyes gleamed in the light, in the same shade as his hair. 

“Ornate hurry the damn up! Do you want Clout to have his soul taken?” Proxy Exultant hurriedly concluded as I felt someone’s arm around my shoulders before I was pulled away from the mess that I have created. I should have been scared, I was but deep down I was satisfied. They all will soon see true madness. 

Even in all the commotion Enmities eyes found mine, and I pouted my lips into a smirk. Maybe he was the Grim Reaper but I was the Devil. “Yoongi- ” My voice sounded horsy yet before I could say anything Proxy Euphoria snapped my head towards his direction. His blue eyes completely hypnotising me. My words get lost as I stare at his beautiful eyes, a sea of calmness enveloping me even when shouts and screams could have been heard around me.

“Don’t say anything, you have said enough. How is Lore going to explain the mess that this questioning caused?” Proxy Euphoria said, my feet feeling weak all of a sudden as I slide down onto the floor, my mind faking images of happiness as I hallucinate. 


Rose was smiling as she was running across the field, AI Choi chasing her in worry. Yoongi was listening to music, jamming his head to the rhythm of a song that he loved. His head slowly lifted to look at me, his lips forming a shape, a letter but before he could say anything Mark’s face popped right in front of me as he was excitedly saying something. I could not hear any of it, only screams and groans. My eyes moved towards the group of guys as they tried to fix a fly-ship, happily laughing at something that Hoseok animatedly said. It all seemed like a paradise, a happy dream that my brain liked. So I stayed there, in my paradise.