Introduction

Midnight thoughts

Binhwan | School AU | Rated T | Masked party uwu

 

As the young man was combing his hair up with the help of some wax in front of his bathroom mirror, the ringbell resounded in the whole apartment.
He didn't expect his friends to come so early to pick him up, but some help to choose his outfit for the night was more than welcomed. He checked one last time if any strand was still undisciplined and smiled at his reflection, satisfied with the result.
As he got out of the bathroom ready to open the door, he met his band already standing in the middle of the corridor, invited in by his younger brother.

"Hey Chanwoo, shouldn't you be sleeping by now ?" he asked, making his way to greet the boys and remembering telling the youngest to go to bed when the clock displayed 10 PM.

"Hyung, I'm 15. I don't know things such as curfews .." Chanwoo replied, fighting the urge to roll his eyes with a grin. He knew the older hated it. "Hurry up and leave so I can have the house to myself and throw a big party too !"

Hanbin eyed him in such a way, his friends burst into laughers and the younger ran to hide in his bedroom, at the moment fearing for his life.
He loved him, no misunderstanding, but sometimes the other could be such a tease.
Hanbin was his older by 5 years. They had the same father and Chanwoo's mom was his second wife. To be really honest, Hanbin didn't mind and felt totally at ease calling her 'mom' since he never knew who was his own mother. His father said she passed away after giving birth to him, that he could show him some photographs if he wanted to, but the guilt Hanbin felt whenever he tought about this woman and the life he'd unconsciously taken away made him deny the proposition multiple times.

"Not that I don't like lazying in your house guys, but maybe you should get prepared, B.I" said Bobby with his crooked smile.

The underground rapper raised an eyebrow while leaning onto the wall of the corridor, patiently waiting for Hanbin to put on some clothes. At his sides, Junhoe shrugged and sighed heavily, walking toward Hanbin's bedroom.

"Look at you, hyung. You've just been waiting for me and my fashion sense to pick an outfit for you, right ?"
He smiled and nodded shamelessly. Junhoe and Bobby had a way with words, and maybe that's why it was great fun to hang out with them.

•••

Clad in skinny ripped jeans and a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, Hanbin put on his usual Converse and head out behind his friends.

"Chanwoo, I'll be out !" he shouted before locking the entrance after being replied with a loud hum.

•••

"B.I ?" Junhoe raised his voice once in the car.
"Yeah ?"
"You look hot"

The two older boys started to laugh, but Hanbin had to admit that it made him feel good. 

"And how do I look then ?" inquired Bobby, eyes focused on the road with a sly smile stretching his lips.

"You only look hot when you're "

Bobby laughed, Hanbin chocked on his saliva and Junhoe took another bite of his hot bar.
Those two would be the end of him.

•••

When the three of them knocked on the door, they were greeted by their friend, Yunhyeong, wearing a mask that covered half of his handsome face.

"Hey guys, good to see you could make it !" he cheered, closing them into a warm hug. "The party is just starting to get fun, put on your mask and follow me, I'll get you some drinks !"

With their masks on and the dimmed lights, they hardly managed to recognize the faces in the crowd, meeting by the same occasion complete strangers. Bobby was the kind to be really friendly, joking and befriending around while Hanbin was mostly the quiet one, wandering around and replying to questions more than asking them. Junhoe had long abandonned them to start small chats near the buffet table.

A little after midnight, Hanbin sat on the empty couch with a drink in his hand, not quite sure about its composition. It tasted sweet but from the burn in his throat and the slight dizziness, he knew there was alcohol in it. He took another sip and his eyes landed on his friends dancing around a rather cute blond boy. Junhoe's hands were on his hips and Bobby was clearly kissing him with some tongue work.
Hanbin heard a soft chuckle, followed by the sensation of the cushion sinking right next to him. As he turned his head to face the new comer, he got startled by the sudden smooth lips kissing his own.

"Hi pretty boy", the stranger giggled out.

The mask he was wearing was colored with a carmine velvet and embroidered with gold threads. Here and there sparkled small pearls and crystals, reflecting the glinting of the dark brown eyes looking at him with a hint of playfulness.
Hanbin knew his simple white mask made pale figure next to the stranger's one, but the interest he'd created gave him enough confidence to grin.

"Hi there" he replied, locking eyes with the smaller boy.

The other smiled brightly and turned his head, giving his attention to the trio. Hanbin followed his eyes and bit his lips when he saw them. Bobby had switched place with the blond boy and was now kissing Junhoe, a pretty pressing against his back.

"Seems like your friends are pretty over my friend", the smaller stated with a chuckle, sipping his blue cocktail. "Your friends, the tall and the bunny looking ones, are they a thing ?"

Hanbin side-eyed him and smiled, surprised about the question.

"Yeah, kinda. They're just pretty open-minded when it comes to .. bed pleasure" he laughed, feeling the alcohol taking over his thinking abilites.

A hand suddenly brushed his left cheek as he was looking at their friends disappearing in the crowd, causing him to refocus on the boy next to him. His milky white skin was a beautiful contrast with his light brown hair and Hanbin couldn't help but wondered about the familiar feeling creeping in his chest. Did he know this person ?
A few seconds elapsed before the other started to lean in. Their lips collided for the second time and Hanbin smiled. They kissed slowly, enjoying the sweet taste spreading on their tongues. His hands made their way on the other's hips and he felt the stranger getting closer until their chests met.

"What about you ?", he asked after breaking the kiss.
"Hm ?" he replied, attacking the exposed neck instead.
"Are you a free spirit when it comes to ?"

Hanbin stopped his motion after earning a moan, grinning, and took a small moment to ponder his reply.

"I tend to think that feelings are needed to make it good"

He hummed when lips crashed again on his mouth.

•••

"What's your name ?" Hanbin asked between two kisses, the stranger on his lap.

"Won't be fun if I told you .." he whispered.

Hanbin smiled.

"Your lips are even more addicting than I thought" was his poor attempt to change the direction of the conversation. If the beautiful stranger didn't want to reveal his identity, he wasn't going to dig any further.

His soft laugh sounded almost heavenly in his ears.
He had to admit it. Hanbin wasn't only addicted to his lips but to his whole being.

"Do you know why we're here tonight?"
"Yunhyeong's birthday .. ?" he risked. The other nodded.
"What if I said that yesterday was my birthday and I want you as a present ?"

His sly smile was all it took to crush his principles. It was his turn to nod.

•••

Bobby leaned against the wall next to Yunhyeong, both of them looking at the pair making out on the sofa while Junhoe and Donghyuk, the blond cutie, shared a spicy sausage.

"Why does he seem so familiar ? I've been watching him for the past minutes but I can't get my finger on it .." the rapper pouted.

"Wow Bobby, stop it, you look super ugly", Yunhyeong joked, "but I know what you're talking about. Remember Kim Jinhwan ?"

"Huh ? Of course I do, dude ! He's school famous ! Rumours said that he got scouted by an agency but refused the opportunity, saying he wanted to focus on his diplome to become a singing coach or something. His voice can be heard by deafs and his visuals can be seen by blinds" Bobby argued, suddenly excited at the mention of the name.

"What if I told you that he has a massive crush on a certain B.I ?"

Bobby's jaw dropped and Jundong fell silent. Yunhyeong laughed and pushed his back off the wall.

"Let's free a bedroom for them."

•••

Jinhwan rolled to lay on his back, eyes glued to the ceiling. His expression must have been funny because Hanbin laughed next to him.

"What ? You didn't like it ?" he asked with a wry smile.

"I can't believe you fooled me like that" he replied, sighing heavily. "You knew I had a crush on you, you knew it was me and you still .. I hate you"

Hanbin kissed his temple playfully and circled his arms around his hips.

"I didn't realize at first, but when I pinned you on the door, it became obvious", he said, getting on his elbows to face the older. "And for my defense, I had a crush on you before you even realized I existed"

"Since when then ?" Jinhwan asked, rasing an eyebrow.
"Ceremony day, when you were giving the speech. You ?"

Jinhwan's expression turned into a surprised one, mouth opening and closing, red heating his cheeks.

"Ceremony day, I was giving my speech and I saw you staring at me .."

Both turned silent.

"I- .."
"Yeah, me too .."

•••

Junhoe straightened his back after taking his ear off the wooden door, giving a look at the three others.

"Good job everyone. We better go before they start to make up for the two lost years now !