Human 2.0

Midnight thoughts

His forehead felt sticky with sweat and dirt. Throat sore and dry, he couldnt speak a single world, obediently putting a foot before another, taking small steps but managing to follow their leader.


He knew Jinhwan had a small bottle of water somewhere in his bagpack, but he was willing to wait until the burning was so intense that he'd taste iron on his tongue. They has to be careful with their stocks.


The group was walking along what should have been a main avenue, now blocked with several cars' skeletons. Some were burnt, some had broken windows ; they'd get nothing out of them. No supplies, no vehicule. Hanbin quickly took a look around them, and the buildings had nothing to envy from the cars. No windows, no doors, pieces of -or entire- walls missing, all they could find inside would be covered in dust.


Jinhwan suddenly lifted his fist and they all stopped. After going through so many dangerous situations, Hanbin first reflex was to grab the two nearest people, this time being Junhoe and Donghuk, and activating. Luckily, the youngest managed to grab Bobby just in time before unfriendly shots were heard. Hanbin just had the time to worry for their leader who was out of reach when he saw a blind bullet aiming for his head. Then, the shot looked as if it was going through a solid veil, loosing its speed and finally falling to the ground, harmless. He knew Donghyuk had activated as well.


While hidden from the ennemies' eyes thanks to Hanbin and protected by Donghyuk's force field, they all watched as Jinhwan stopped all the bullets coming for him, keeping them hanging in the air like wingless bees. As if realizing with who they had to deal with, the fire drained.

"I do not want to harm any of you so uncover and let me meet your chief." Jinhwan said calmly.

His power, after what they all have seen, had no boundaries. Their leader had all rights to feel fearless.

After a matter of seconds, someone appeared from behind a car, hands up to show surrender. Jinhwan let down the bullets still floating, the sound of them falling creating a metallic rain. The man in front of their leader lifted his mask and Hanbin gasped. Without thinking too much, he deactivated and the extra four appeared behind Jinhwan, making the other man grab his rifle again.

"No, Chanwoo ! Wait !"