Milkshake Rhapsody

Midnight thoughts

Bobhwan | AU | Fluff | We need more Bobhwan

 

The first meeting :

 

The café was rather calm for a friday afternoon and only a few couples sitting in the quiet corners or some lonely students sipping their coffees were to be seen.

Jiwon was lazzying behind the cash register, ripping off the unused and forgotten receipts, rolling them into balls before tossing them to the trash bin. He'd been waiting for a good hour for a customer to come in, but the door desperately remained shut. This job was absolutely boring and he wondered how Hanbin had managed to make it fun enough for him to start his third year working here. Today, Jiwon was just covering for his best friend who'd caught a bad fever.

But Jiwon was a man of action, and actions there weren't for now.

His own part-time job as a basketball trainer for elementary schoolers was way more interesting, and also a perfect occasion to test his abilities to become a real instructor, for professional players.

As the boy was replacing his green apron, the door bell rang and he only bothered to greet the new comer, not even looking at them, too focused on the knot of his belt. It wasnt his first time covering for Hanbin at the café, so from the wet sound of the customer's steps, he knew a new hour of chores consisting of swipping the floor was ahead from him. The knot was finally looking like a pretty bow when the stranger coughed to ask for his attention.

Jiwon's head snapped up .. And his jaw dropped.

Before him was standing a breathtaking human .. No, not a human. An angel.

The petite boy was wearing a black winter coat, his brown and slightly damp bangs falling over his eyes. Those ones were so mesmerizing he almost missed the small mole under them.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you, I'm just in a hurry and needed my strawberry milkshake .." he hesitantly said, his small fingers brushing over his reddened knuckles. The weather must have been pretty cold.

"Oh .. Erm .. Yes .. Yes, sure ! Just give me a second"

It wasnt Jiwon-like to start stuttering in front of a new face, but people say there's a start for everything, and our bunny boy needed to admit that this one in particular was a really, really pretty one.

"Which size would you like ?" he asked while taking out the ice cream container from the fridge.

"The XL one, please" the boy replied, bouncing on his toes to see over the counter. Way too cute.

"With or without ice cubes ?"

"I'd go without, it's already freezing out there" he added with a small laugh.

If Jiwon wasnt busy smearing strawberry grout all around the plastic cup while the milkshake was blending, he would have melted right in front of the stranger, winter temperature or not.

Finally, he pourred the pinkish content into the cup, topped the mixture with a big moutain of whipped cream, adding more strawberry syrup at the occasion, and put the pierced lid on before planting the straw like the final cherry on top of the cake.

"There you go !" he said all smiley, streching his arm for the customer to grab his command.

He then tapped some more on the register machine and asked for the money.

"Hanbin isn't working today ?", the other boy asked while searching for his wallet.

"No, he caught the flu so I'm replacing him for a couple of days" Jiwon replied, crossing his arms over the counter to adopt a casual position, still smiling.

So this boy was a regular at the café. Maybe he could ask Hanbin about him later.

The customer's mouth formed a small "o" as he handed the money (with a small tip for Jiwon).

"I hope he'll get better soon then .. Could you pass him my greetings and tell him to take better care of himself ?"

"Yes, of course, I can !" It was his luck day. "May I ask from who ?"

"Jinhwan .. Kim Jinhwan", the other almost whispered with a grin. "Nice to meet you, .. ?"

"Kim Jiwon, but you can call me Bobby"

Jinhwan put his wallet back into his pocket, extracting his handphone. He smiled at Jiwon's, a spark of playfulness shimmering in his eyes.

"Then .. See you later, Bobby ?" His cherry lips wrapped around the straw and he took a sip. "Maybe Hanbin will agree to stay in bed until I get to know more about you .." and with that subtle flirt, he left, the door bell clanking again.

Jiwon stood there, agape, his heart racing faster than the lightning ..

But it was only until the team manager, Junhoe, scolded him for not cleaning the water puddles.