Royal Family Portrait

KING CONSORT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ROYAL FAMILY PORTRAIT

 

They were both seating back to back. Each of them getting dressed by their assigned and trustworthy attendant. She would steal glance at his reflection in her mirror when he was not starring while he did the same when she closed her eyes to get her makeup done. He took it as an opportunity to speak when her eyes finally met his.

“I have received a deployment announcement.” he suddenly told her breaking the silence. She did not answer immediately. The servants took it as a notice for them to leave.

“When are you leaving ?” she asked knowing perfectly that asking when he did receive his deployment news would be pointless. “Tonight. The latest.” he sighed.

"I suppose that  you won’t be attending today’s Heads of Governments Conference?

- No.” he simply answered disappointed by her practical reaction rather than sentimental.  

“Your Royal Highness.” a valet addressed her, expressing the need to leave.

“The ship will be leaving at midnight.” he informed when she passed by him, hoping that she would show some curiosity.

She stopped in her way, peering at him over her right shoulder. “Do not hurt yourself.” she told him in a last attempt to give him her blessing.

He watched as she made her way out of their private apartment, each door closing one by one until no one remained beside him and his reflection.

 

2010

 

“My dear friend Oh Jaein !” he embraced the said man. “ I thought that you would never come back from Africa!” he laughed. “I remember a man telling me that there were homes ready to welcome us in every continent of the earth.” the man named JaeIn answered

- I am glad that you came back. His friend hugged him, showing his appreciation before turning his attention to the man standing next to his friend. “I believe that this tall and young man must be Sehun ?

- Your Royal Highness. Sehun bowed

- Last time I saw you, you were sixteen and your height did not reach my shoulder.” the king laughed. “Come have a seat” the king invited them to take place on the green velvet couch. “Tell me” he inquired “Are you enjoying the Navy Academy ? I heard you were soon going to graduate.

- Yes it is true your Royal Highness.

- He’s the major of his promotion” Sehun’s father added proudly.

- Just like his father !” the king exclaimed before his expression turned into a sorrowful one. “I wish my son had taken after me just like your son did Jaein.”

 

“How is he ? I heard that the prince has been sent abroad.” Sehun’s father immediately inquired.

“Vernon’s health has always been fragile as you know. But it has gotten worse the last couple of years.” he sighed. “The doctors advised mountains, fresh air and bucolic scenery. He’s been in Switzerland for the last couple of weeks.” he added.

“As a matter of fact, no one should be made aware of this my friend. I trust you.” the king confessed his hand resting on Sehun’s father lap.

 

Both men met at a young age, back then, the king was not supposed to become a king while the other gave up on son and wife to pursue his dreams of adventures in exotic places. “You can count on me my king.”

Silent occured as the two old men got lost in their own thoughts, Sehun remained silent aware of both men past. He was five years old when he first remember meeting the back then Prince Ilseong, although his father told him that the king held him in his arms few days after his birth. He often visited the Royal Palace, for official events most of the times but also for more private gatherings. Most of the times showing up in his father’s name when the latest was exploring the world. Sehun admitted that his visits to the Palace got spaced further apart as he grew up to become a man.

 

“What I’m about to tell you should remain a secret Jaein.” the king suddenly spoke.

Sehun arouse from his seat feeling that his presence was not requested anymore. “Sit down Sehun. This might concerns you too.” the king said eyeing Sehun’s father.

Seeing that the king did not speak immediately, Sehun assumed that the man was carefully choosing his words. The king requesting a meeting with them was not vain.  

 

AN IMPORTANT MATTER WAS TO BE DISCUSSED.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter