[KAI] Her birthday

Sweetest Moment

There was a girl, walking down across the pedestrian lane in the middle of the busy street. She looked so down, probably because of a reason unknown by other people. Her pretty face looked dull without any make-ups on and her lips formed into a pout. Her steps were slow as if she reluctantly went outside for a walk. She did not even have any bag with her too unlike other girls who would bring their handbags with them whenever they went out. As she walked, she saw a few couples acted all lovey-dovey with each other, either the female clings onto her male partner’s arm or they fed each other with ice-creams. Seeing all of that made the poor girl wanted to cry her heart out and let the world know what was in her messy mind at the moment.

“I know you are busy with your work and couldn’t be with me today, but at least you could have sent a text or call me. Am I not important to you?” These words came out from her mumbling lips. She sighed and saw an empty spot on the bench near the lake garden. ‘Let’s just sit there for a moment, my legs are already killing me.’ She thought.

As she was sitting there, the view of the lake has been a cure for her broken heart. The beautiful scenery of the blue lake surrounded by countless of trees, with birds flying here and there, any wise people would suggest this place for someone like her. The serene, calming atmosphere was never a disappointment. She would bring her novel to read if she knew her feet were bringing her there. All of the emotion that she could feel throughout reading a novel, she could get by reading it there.

 “It’s better to be all alone than having a boyfriend that is almost non-existence.” She harrumphed, again pouting.

“I hope that you’re not talking about me, young lady.” A voice was heard from behind her as she froze for a second. That voice sounded familiar that she could not believe that it was real. She did not want to turn around too because it would crush her hopes if she does that. “Why aren’t you turning around, baby?” By that, she inhaled a long breath and slowly turned around, with her eyes all tightly closed. Her eyebrows were furrowed and the other entity almost cooed upon her cuteness. “Open your eyes, baby. I’m right here in front of you. Don’t you want to see me?” He slowly grabbed both of her hands, and let her stood up. Her eyes, unfortunately, were still closed.

“Baby, I’m here. Open your eyes, please? I’m really here.” Letting out a sigh, she said something that he wanted to pinch her cheeks. “What if you’re just a ghost, pretending to be my Jongin? What if when I open my eyes, you aren’t there?” The boy patted her head, trying to convince her that he really was there, right in front of her.

“Why don’t you open your eyes first, then you’ll know the answer. Come on baby, I really need to see those pretty eyes of yours. Pretty please.” This time, it was him who started to pout. The girl finally gave up and slowly opened her eyes, letting all of the lights in to see if it was really him in front of her. To her surprise, it was really him, standing in front of her. Her boyfriend, Kim Jongin. She wanted to show him that she was currently sulking so she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. “I hate you.” She mumbled. The latter let out his manly chuckle and linked his arm with hers. “Alright, let’s go get your favorite strawberry ice-cream, shall we?” Not capable of hiding her inner feels, she looked at him with a sheepish grin. He shook his head dearly and patted her head. “You and your undying love for strawberries.”

As soon as they started walking, the girl stayed silent not wanting to talk.

“How’s your day today, baby girl?”

“It was boring. I was bored. I hate you.” The latter could not do anything but let out a sigh. He has been waiting for this day to come but his leader just had to spoil everything by giving him a last minute notice for him to immediately go back to his office because there was some problem with their upcoming project planning.

“I’m really sorry but I know, my apology won’t be accepted today. I have some plans in my head right now, do you want to hear them out?” Still not answering him, she just pretended not to listen to him. He cleared his throat out of nervousness and started to tell her about his plans after they got their ice-creams. “After this, we’re going to have dinner at your favorite Western cuisine restaurant, then we go for a walk near the hill that I always go for stress relieving after work. Doesn’t this sound like a plan?” The girl kept quiet but at least, she nodded her head upon her approval.

“But why the hill? I thought you said that you would take me to an amusement park date? There’s Lotte World that I really wanted to go.” The latter shook his head, making her feel rejected.

“Just for tonight. I need you to go with me to the hill. I really wanted to show you something and I’m sure that you will like it!” After six years of knowing him, she knew that he really meant it when he said that because his eyes could not lie. Those two shiny bright eyes were always her weakness and when he smiled, only God knew how she felt deep within her heart. Those eye smiles that always captivated her heart.

Later, the couple arrived in front of an ice-cream parlour. The girl just slid her arms off him and ran towards the counter to choose her ice-cream. Without any hesitation, she just pointed at the strawberry, chocolate and salted caramel. The latter was left dumbfounded as the quantity of ice-creams were too much. It was not because he could not afford it, she could choose all of them and he would still be glad to pay for them but since they were going to have their dinner afterward, he just thought that she might be full even before dinner. The girl called his name, pulling him back to reality as the payment is ready to be made.

“Are you sure you can finish all of that?” Giggles were heard from her and she nodded happily. “I have a second stomach for ice-cream, did you forget about it?” The latter nodded, and took out his wallet and soon after that, they walked out from the shop. “Make sure to finish that and your dinner later. Oppa doesn't like girls who waste their foods. Get it?” Of course, she would not listen to him. After all, her ice-cream is more important at the moment.

Both of them got into the car, and Jongin started to drive, heading towards their next destination with the girl kept on eating. “What do you want to eat, baby?” He tried to break the silence between them but only to receive a deadly glare from her.”Okay, okay just eat your ice-cream. Oppa won’t disturb you.” Deadpanned, he just ignored it and continued driving.

Surprisingly, the ice-cream was finished before they both arrived at the restaurant and Jongin did not even have the chance to taste it. ‘She must be so mad at me.’ He thought but immediately brushed it off from his mind. They were both brought by the waiter to be seated at a closed section, probably for them to enjoy their dinner with only each other’s company.

The menu was given and it took them a while to make an order because almost all of the foods there are good. While waiting for their foods to be served, finally the girl decided to say some words that made Jongin anxiety went down.

“Oppa, please don’t do this again. Let me know if you have something urgent came out. I was waiting for you for the whole day but there was no sign of you coming to me. It makes me sad, you know, keeping on a promise that was meant to be broken.” She pouted, head down.

Jongin felt so guilty that he wanted to hug her so tightly but that had to wait because the food arrives right after the girl finished talking. “Enjoy your food!” The waiter said and left the table after serving their dinner.

As they were eating, he saw that she was having some trouble to cut her steak so he just took her plate and replaced it with his that he already finished cutting the meat into small bite friendly pieces. “Thank you, oppa.” Her nose and cheeks turned reddish and he found that cute. “Eat it well, baby. We can order the sides after we’re done with the steaks. I know my baby girl eats a lot.” The redness on her face became more obvious that she wanted to slide down the chair and hid under the table.

They ordered some french fries set and a cheeseburger to take away afterward. Dinner was done and now they were both back in the car, heading to the infamous hill. Once they arrived, Jongin told her to get a spot for them first, saying that he needed to go to the Gents. So, without questioning anything, she nodded and took the small basket that he gave her, containing the foods earlier and a picnic mat. There was a spot near a big tree and the view was quite nice there. She quickly took out the mat and spread it on the land. Sea of stars was everywhere on the sky, looking so beautiful. Some people were even with their stargazers and binoculars to watch them close up.

She put aside the basket near her, and sat down, waiting for Jongin to come. He took quite a long time so she was worried that he could not find her at that spot but once she turned around, she saw his silhouette holding a cake with small candles that were light up. Gasped were heard from her, as he was walking nearer and nearer.

“Happy Birthday to you,

  Happy Birthday to you,

  Happy Birthday, my dear Rome,

  Happy Birthday to you.”

Tears were already threatened to fall down from her eyes but she tried to not let them fall because she knew, if she started to cry, that it would be hard for hard for her to stop. Jongin straightened his arms to let the cake to be near to her and asked her to blow it off, not before she wished for something to come true. She clasped her hands and closed her eyes, slowly opened them after a minute and blew the candles.

“Happy birthday, my one and only baby girl. May you always be with me no matter what happens in the future. Stay healthy, because oppa cannot stand watching you just lay on the bed. Oppa will also feed you lots of food so that you can be my fluffy bolster that I can hug every single night. I love you to the moon and back, Rome.”

She was speechless and tried to say something but cat must got her tongue at that time so she put down the cake, and jumped on him. She clung to him like a cute koala bear, not wanting to let go and he spun around and around until both of them were tired of laughing.

“Do you know why I choose this place for you tonight?” Rome shrugged, not knowing what was the reason she was brought there on her birthday night.

“It because I want to show you that you’re just as beautiful as these shiny, pretty stars that always light up my nights. You’re my star that will always shine brightly in my heart no matter where I go. Even the real stars are probably being jealous of you that I’m actually saying this to you. You, my baby Rome, will be the death of me because I don’t know what will I do without you by my side. You are the star that will guide my life until I die, you are the light that will chase away my darkness, you are my rainbow that will make me happy and you are the only girl that will get my love, aside from my sisters and mother. I will cherish and love you with all of me, I will protect you from any danger that would harm you. I will be your knight in shining armour. So, will you forgive your oppa?”

He reached out for her waist and she was looking down, too shy to look at him after his sweetest confession. He lifted her chin with his finger and gave her a peck on her lips. His fluffy plump lips felt like heaven and she enjoyed the kiss although it was quick and short, considering that they were still in public.

“Love you?”

“Love you more, Jongin.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

Rome, if you're reading this, I just want to wish you Happy Birthday! You're 18 now and I feel so old /cries/ I wrote this earlier today because Im'm out of idea what should I give you for a birthday present. So, here it is, a specially written fic from me to you.

P.S. Please princess, don't cry while reading this.

P.S.S I haven't had the time to edit this, so forgive me if you find some grammar or typing mistakes.