Chapter 5

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Hello there HAESICA Shippers! Here is an update for you... And for those who want answers from the previous chapter, maybe the answers are in this chapter ^^

I hope you all like it! :))

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE, please! Wow 40 Subscribers! I know that I haven't thanked all of you one by one, and I know that I'm such a lousy author. So here, I, gabinee_junior, am shouting out to all of you a Thank You Very Much. 

And please, no silent readers. We want to know your comments or suggestions with our new updates. And your comments are our inspiration to continue this story. This is a short and friendly reminder from the authors: gabinee_junior and aliciakeysinbackyard. Please and Thank You, dear readers. 

 


5 hours before:

Donghae wakes up, feeling a little uncomfortable with his hands still cuffed yet his head feeling soft against the pillows. The pillows has a scent--Jessica's scent probably. If this is her scent, he still smelled the pillow, but realized that he probably looks like a ert.

 He changes his lying position and thought, 'I should find that keys for this handcuff.' Donghae tries to stand up, with his hands still cuffed together at his back. "I'll find those keys and get this stupid handcuffs off me," he mumbles to himself. He then thought of something. He stood up from the bed, struggling and squatting. He moves his arms under his legs, pushing himself off his arms. "Ugh," he moaned out as he finally got his hands at his front. 

He stands up and goes out the room. He immediately smelled some breakfast, be he really needs to pee. His bladder has been holding all those liquid since last night. He couldn't pee last night, because he can't open his pants' zipper. And yes, last night was the night when Jessica thought he was the mastermind of the rapists. 

Nevertheless, he walks and searches for the bathroom. He sees a door just across the room he slept at. "Maybe this is the bathroom," he says. He looks around and sees only three doors --one is Jessica's room, this door, and one door that he doesn't know where it leads. He opens this door, which he believes is the bathroom. His eyes widens as he sees Jessica only covered by a pink towel, eyes closed while humming to q familiar song and dries her hair with another towel. Donghae was just staring at her body--her y figure and her skinny legs. 

That was the time when Jessica realized that Donghae was inside the bathroom. "YAH!" she shrieked, which made him jump in surprise. He quickly turns around. "Did you see anything?" 

"Mianhe. I didn't know you were here." 

"You should have knocked or something," she retorts. 

Still having his back to her, he retorts too, "You should have locked the door. What if I came here when you were still nake--" 

Jessica pushes him out of the bathroom. "GET OUT!"  She closes the door and locks it. Donghae feels so dumbfounded--well, why? Because it's his first time to see a woman half-. He isn't the kind of boy who likes erted magazines. 

The bathroom door opens and Donghae sees Jessica in her usual police officer uniform. "Yah! What are you staring at?" How cold and rude! 

"Nothing." He looks away, afraid that he might see something else. Yet, her ed shirt caught his attention, and a bright pink colored bra peeks out of the shirt.  "Uh... Jessica, your uh... Buttons are--" 

She raises her fist up to his face. Threatening him of punching his face. "ert!" She runs to her room and fixes herself. "What a mess," he mumbles under his breath. He almost forgotten about his ready to blow bladder and quickly went inside the bathroom. He let out the liquid he had been storing since last night. He felt so refreshed. 

The bathroom door opens, and he is still peeing, Donghae sees Jessica's surprised face. "YAH!" He scolds, which made Jessica run out the room, "AAH! Gross!" Donghae chuckles at her childish response. He buckled his pants up and washes his hands--personal hygiene. He goes out the bathroom and sees Jessica sitting on the floor, covering her eyes. "Yah." 

"Are you done? Is your pants already up?" 

"Silly, my pants weren't down awhile ago." But maybe she imagined it was. Jessica looks up at him an Donghae smiles. "Come on, you cooked breakfast, right? Let's go eat." 

"Eat by yourself, ert!" She goes in the bathroom, and slams the door on Donghae's face. 

"Whatever," he mumbles. He goes to the kitchen and sees two cup noodles, beside it is a water thermos. Donghae realizes that there is an egg still cooking on the stove. "Aish that girl. She might've burned her house down." He grabs the frying pan with the almost burnt egg and turns the gas stove off.

He pours the hot water into the two cup noodles and mixes the ingredients afterwards. While waiting for the noodles to cook by itself, he takes a bite from the egg. He immediately spits out the egg out his mouth once it lands on his tongue. "It's so salty." 

  Then comes in Jessica, with her blonde hair tied up in a loose and neat bun. "What are you doing?" She asks, while her hands are folded on her chest. 

"Eating your burnt and salty egg," he says and takes the paper lid of the cup noodles. he takes a sip and eats the noodles. He looks at Jessica who was also looking at him. "Can I help you with something, Ms. Police Officer? Eat with me." Jessica sits beside him and eats her prepared noodles. Donghae realises that her cap is not properly worn, and fixes it, which made Jessica look at him, with an accusing look. 

She points to his hand. "How did you--your hand--" she stuttered. 

"I'm an escape artist." He said and ate. Jessica rolls her eyes. He hears Jessica mumble, "Whatever, dork." He looks at her. "I'm just kidding. I pushed my arms forward under my legs." He finishes his food, with a hint of awkwardness with his arm movements. He gets a drink from the refrigerator and grabs a pitcher of water, and grabs a cup from the wall cabinet, as Jessica observe however movement. He drinks his water. "Yes? Why are you staring at me?" 

"How did you know where the things in my kitchen are?" 

"Easy. I have my own apartment. But bigger. A lot bigger than your--" 

"You don't have to rub it in my face. And for the record, if you have a bigger one why won't you stay there and not here?" She says, pissed at his attitude. She rolls her eyes and continue to eat. She looks at him again and says with a mouth full of food. "Yah, Donghae, I'm going to work and you stay here. Don't go anywhere..." She gulps down everything in . "And don't touch anything in my house, because if you break something--you're dead." 

"But I can pay for it." He defends. 

"With what? You don't have any money right now. And where will you get it?" She retorts. 

"I'll get my money... " Jessica raises an eyebrow, doubting him. "Somehow." He quickly left Jessica in the kitchen and went to he room. "Time to find that key. He first searched Jessica's cabinet, and his arms suddenly brushes a box off the cabinet. It fall on the floor, and Jessica's underwear's scatter around the floor. 

"Yah! I told you to not touch anything!" Jessica yells and brisk walks towards her room. Donghae quickly bundled everything into his arms, disgusted, and puts it back to the box." Jessica looks at him and sees her cabinet opened. "What are you looking for in my cabinet, ?" 

"Nothing," he lied. He seriously needs to find that key. He knows that she might have just hidden it away from him. 

"You better not be lying or I'll be calling your father," she warns and leaves the house quickly. And she suddenly opens the door and pops her head in, Donghae looks at her. "I'm taking you out for lunch, later. There's nothing you could eat in this ty house. So be ready, wear shades or whatever--to hide your identity." She slams the front door. The door opens again and Jessica notes, "I'll be here exactly 11:30. Bye." Again, she slams the door. Donghae can hear Jessica's voice even from the outside--"Aish! I'm late!"--meaning she has a really loud voice. 

And now is the perfect time for finding that key. He searches throughout the living room. Not there. In the kitchen--through every kitchen utensils. And also throughout Jessica's room. No sign of any handcuff key. He slips down the arm chair in the living room, giving up already. He turns the TV on and listens to whatever was airing.

"... Breaking news. It's just been taking, that there has been a kidnapping happening right here in Seoul. About 4 kids already been missing and are still being investigated... And it is believed that Lee Dong Hae is a part of this--" 

"No, I'm not. I'm just here, sitting around watching you reporters report about things that aren't true," He says to the news reporter, which technically cannot hear him. "... But netizens think that Mr. Lee isn't one of them. And if anyone of you, honest citizens would see him, please dial this number: 0925--" Donghae turns the TV off. He stands up and faces the wall. He hits his head on the wall. "AISH. AISH. AISH. My dad doesn't want to give up, eh? AIS--" 

An old woman's voice stops him from whatever he is doing. "Jessica-ssi? Are you home?" Panic starts to overflow his head. "We need to talk." Being in Jessica's house was his only cover, but being seen by other people, he doesn't know what to do. 

~o0o~ 

 8:00 A.M. That's what his watch read. As he passes through the corridors of the building of his very own company, workers respectfully greets him, "Good morning, Mr. Park." And Leeteuk would never greet back, and that's why people think that he's rude and arrogant. 

He stops at a certain worker he always love to order with his unnecessary businesses, "Heechul, my man, can I ask you to get me something?"

The man turned around and looks at his friend, "Which is?" 

"I need files of Kim Corporation head employers. You give it to my assistant when you find it and she'll know what to do." He smiled at his friend. 

"Whatever, hyung. But qt least you pay me with these things I do--" 

"That's the spirit." Leeteuk claps his hand together, like a kid who will just get his favourite toy. He turns and hear Heechul say, "I hate my job." Yet Leeteuk sarcastically says, "You just love your job so much, Chul." His friend forces a smile on his face. 

Leeteuk gets into his office and immediately sits OM his chair. "Ah, not much work today." Just as he thought it was, his assistant comes in with a bunch of clients. 

"Sir, these are the the clients that called yesterday that want to confirm about the meeting today."

"Meeting?"

"Yes, sir. About--"

Leeteuk motions them to come inside his office, which stops Jonghee to stop talking. 'Looks like I forgot about this meeting,' he thought. "So, uhm... You called for this meeting?"

One of them answered, "No, Mr. Park, you called for this meeting--" 

"You're all from Ching Law Firm?" They all nod. But it looks like Leeteuk doesn't even remember calling for this meeting. So, he just started, "So, this is about the budget for the new project, right?" He flawlessly continued the meeting, like he planned everything last night. As usual, the meeting ended for almost three hours. They all shook their hands with Leeteuk. 

Leeteuk looks at his watch. 11:30. "Lunch time," he says to himself. "Sir," Jonghee, his assistant, called. Leeteuk looks at her. "Sir, here are the files--" She hands him a file of papers. "--of the employees of Kim Corporation--" With only hearing the name Kim he quickly took the papers from her hands, shocking her. 

"Thank you." He opened the files and scanned it. He realised that Jonghee was still there standing and watching him do his stuff. "Now, go away. I don't need you right now. I'll call you when I need you." 

"Sir," she said with a hint of excitement in her voice. "I was just wondering if you are free this weekend." The woman looked at him with a pleasing look. He smiled, making this woman have butterflies in her stomach--no one can ever resist his dimples. 

But he shakes his head. "I don't know Jonghee-ssi. I'll think about it. Now--" He pushed her out of his office. "Go away. I'll just call you when I need you." That woman seriously has to give Leeteuk some more privacy. 

He went back to the files that Jonghee gave him. He excitedly scanned through the files and a happy-go-lucky picture of a girl catches his attention. It states under the picture: 

 

KIM TAE YEON 

- heiress to the Kim Corporation 

- Mr. Kim Hee Gho's daughter

- Chairman of the Board of Employers 

 

  "Blah, blah, all this office crap..." Then his finger stops at a certain thing stated, "Oh, what do we have here... Cellphone number.. I wonder what I would do with this..." He copies the phone number into his own phone. He named her: . 

"You'll see Kim Taeyeon. I'll ruin your life, before you ruin mine." 

~o0o~ 

"Soo Yeon!" The head of chief of police, called. Jessica quickly went to the chief's office room, almost scattering some criminal files she was studying. 

"Yes, chief?" She asks the man who was sitting on a very comfortable chair, and has his legs up on the table. 

"I was just wondering what happened yesterday. Some of the police who stayed late told me something happened yesterday." He says as she looks at Jessica, whose eyes are widened in surprise. "What's with that face, Soo Yeon?" 

"Uh... Nothing. I just remembered something I left at home..." She stuttered. And she hoped that he won't realise how a dreadful liar she is. The chief was looking at her, waiting for her to tell him about the happening yesterday. Well, she can't just tell him about her Donghae secret, so she lied, "Well... I just... Uh... I... Almost caught a bunch of rapists..." She just told him about that, to not give enough suspicions. 

"Again, Soo Yeon?" He raises his eyebrow, questioning her. She nods. "Well, that means I have to--" 

"Sica," Sunny suddenly called. Jessica and the chief turned their heads to Sunny who was at the door. "You have a visitor." She winked at Jessica. 

Jessica looks at the chief and he nods, with eyes telling her that they'll talk again later. She wondered who is this visitor. She goes to the front desk police section  and searched for her visitor. None. She goes back to the chief's office and was suddenly stopped by a man in black. "Aah," she shrieked, but only muffled, because the man covered with his hand.

"Jessica, don't scream," the man whispered, "it's me." 

"Lee Donghae?" She asked, in a hushed tone. Donghae lets her go and Jessica examines what he is wearing. "What are you doing here? And what are you wearing?" 

"Your clothes." Jessica then grabs his jacket collar and drags him to her office stall. She irritatedly said, "You're going to get me in trouble."

Donghae answers her, "Not with my invincible suit." He points out to his all-black clothes. 

"What invincible? You're too noticeable with all this black clothes--and you're wearing my police department jacket? Seriously?" She said. Jessica's so irritated right now, that she wants to just jump to her chief and bring Donghae with her--to reveal his identity. But pitying him, isn't part of the plan. "And what are you doing here?" 

"Well, I had to escape that neighbour of yours--Mrs. Oh?" He said, while scratching his head. Jessica grabs his arm and pulls him with her, quickly to her office stall. "Well, I can't just tell her that you're not home as myself. I had to lie--" 

"Why did she go to my house?" She asked, wanting to know what the apartment owner asked.

He answered her question, "About your apartment payment--Haha, Miss Jung it looks like you have a problem. You haven't paid the apartment for months--" 

"Shut up." She signals him to stop talking. She sits him down on her visitor chair in her office stall. "Don't talk to anyone, except to Sunny--she's the girl yesterday." Donghae nods and motions his fingers on his lips--like he zipped his mouth. His stomach then grumbled, and Jessica looked at him. "You hungry?" 

Donghae nods. Jessica stands up, she points him and the door. "You and I are going to eat lunch right now."  

Donghae stands up and goes with Jessica out the office. They pass by the other police officers, Donghae realises that their eyes are on his. "Who is that, with officer Jung?" 

Jessica grabs his hands--which were still cuffed. "Don't mind them..." She looks at Donghae. "If you didn't wear an all-black, you wouldn't be too suspicious." Just then the vice-chief officer stops both of them.

"Officer Jung, it seems like your boyfriend came to visit you during work hours?"

"Chief, he's not my boyfriend... He's ... Uh... My cousin from America..." The chief looks like he doesn't believe it from all the stuttering so she said it properly, while Donghae kept his head down. "Chief, he's my second cousin, Hae Dong. He's from America and he doesn't understand Korean that much." An 'O' forms his mouth. "We're just going to grab some lunch." 

"Okay. I hope your cousin doesn't get lost." He bids them goodbye as they walk out the police station. 

  Once they were out the police station Donghae spoke up, "Second cousin? Seriously?" Jessica glares at him. 

"What? Would you want to be called my boyfriend?" Donghae gives her a sly smile. Jessica punches him on his arm. He gasps an, "Ow." She smiles. "Good for you." 

They stop at a fast-food restaurant. "Here we are." Donghae smiles and sits down on a sealable table--the place has any barely  costumers.

Jessica went to the cashier and was going to order, when the lady in front of her bumped to her. "Chaesonghamnida." The girl bows down to her, which Jessica found funny. Jessica says to make the lady stop bowing down to her, "Aniyo. Gwaenchana." The lady looks at her, and says again, "Mianhe, police officer." 

"I told you, it's alright." Jessica smiles at the young lady. He hears Donghae, "Yah. I'm hungry." She looks at him and stuck her tongue out to him. The lady bows down again and goes to a table. "Hmm..." The counter girl looks at Jessica. "I'll order a chicken ramyun, tonkasu, uhm... And a pork tonkatsu. Oh! And two iced tea's, please." The cashier woman nods and replies, "That would be 4, 000 won." And Jessica pays.

  When she goes to their table, Donghae was with the lady she bumped unto and with another guy. "Oh, God. He's gonna blow his cover. That pabo." She goes to them. "Wow. Looks like Donghae made new friends." She glared at him. He looks at her with eyes that are serious.

"Jessica, I would like you to meet my cousin, Cho Kyuhyun." He points to a man who looks like an English boy. 

"He doesn't look like you," Jessica laughs. Donghae glares at her. "Hey I'm the only one who should do that. Glares are my thing." 

And he points to the lady Jessica bumped to a while ago. "And this is Seohyun. My cousin's girlfriend--" 

Kyuhyun hits him on the arm. "I told you, hyung," he said in English with his British accent, still slang on the word: hyung. "She's not my girlfriend--she's only my tour guide." 

Jessica extends her arm to the two people. "Nice meeting you, Kyuhyun-ah," she tries to say in a perfect English--well, Jessica's part American. He shook hands with her. "My name is Jessica Jung." And she extends her arm to Seohyun. "You too, Seohyun-ah." 

"Nice meeting you too, Jessica unnie." Seohyun says and bows down. 

"No need for the formalities, Seohyun." Jessica smiles. "Now." She looks at Donghae. "You have to explain to me, how they're not going tell you're found." 

"Well... Kyuhyun-ssi," he says in a broken English.  "You won... Won't tell my appa... Ryt?" He scratched his head. Kyuhyun smiles at him and crosses his arms across his chest. "Please... Kyuhyun... Uhm...  if I get my ATM... I'll give you a hundred bucks... Please don't tell my dad." 

  Kyuhyun looks at him. Donghae looks at Jessica--asking for help. "Well, Kyuhyun-ssi... Do you know that I'm a police officer. And if you don't let this man go... I'll... I'll handcuff you." 

He raises his hands up. "Woah. Sorry Ma'am. I won't tell anyone... Okay? Just please don't handcuff me." Jessica smiles. They all sit down and eat. They all hope no one's going to find out their secret. 

 


How was that for Chapter 5? Long enough chapter? Woah, Kyuhyun is Donghae's cousin? Well, but, hell yeah, HaeSica and SeoKyu knows each other now. Woot. Woot.

No .gif's for this fanfic. And I'm sorry if I didn't update yesterday like I promised. But my Internet broke down. Mianhe. Please forgive, thy author.

Please comment and subscribe, if you still haven't. Love you all!