Chapter 1

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

tumblr_l5ftil5d571qcsgcuo1_500.jpg

He was a very busy man, with a big company to take care of. He was maybe the busiest man alive. He is very arrogant when it comes to his company (his work). "Jungsu-- Sir, there is this person outside who wants to talk to you," Jonghee, his assistant, said as he placed some papers on his desk.

 

"I'm too busy, tell him to talk to me later-- or better yet never," he said coldly.

"But sir, it's a she."

"I don't care!"

"She says it's urgent--"

"I don't care! Tell her to go away and never talk to me. Can't you see I'm busy?" He was so irritated.

"But--"

"OUT!" He demanded with an urgency in his voice. He pointed to the door. Jonghee went out the room as he just ordered her to. The opening of the door made Leeteuk's face turn to it. He saw a small woman standing in front of him, holding a -- stack of files-- if that's how he could explain it to be. 

"I'm tired of waiting for you to get this files! Aigoo! Gosh~ this old hag, can't you--"

"The hell!? Who told you to go inside my office?" Leeteuk demanded of the strange woman. He stared at her with his iciest look. The woman looked at him with those fierce eyes, saying what she needed to say. "Fierce, eh?" He smirked.

"You-- You lousy person! How could you not know me?!" She yelled, demanding Leeteuk to not act like he didn't know her. She threw the files over the overflowing unorganized pile of files in front of Leeteuk. 

"I don't ing care who you are or why are you here." The woman leaned closer to his face. They faces near each other. "Gonna kiss me? You know how many girls try to kiss me each day? Maybe--"

"Aish... you strange man. I just came here to give you this files. Yah~ I'm Kim Taeyeon. Aish, you." Taeyeon leaned back, looking at Leeteuk with those fierce yet soft-looking eyes. "I'm warning you, Park Jungsu, if you would not treat people that importantly, you're life would be miserable. I would tell my father to stop supporting this company. I'm pretty sure, this company would go down without the help of my father's company."

"How could you say that, shortie?" 

Shortie? Seriously? Did he just call her shortie? Oh, he just messed with the wrong person. 

Taeyeon's eyes grew bigger, that insulting name repeating in her head the whole time she looked at this arrogant man. "What did you just call me, idiot?"

"So we're calling names now? Such a childish woman. Act your age..." He added,"And like you were affected with that insult." He said with a grunt.

A strong wind came over as the mood inside the room changed. "Jonghee, please get this woman out of my room," Leeteuk called out to his assistant. Imediately Jonghee came in and whispered to Taeyeon, "I told you, miss. He would litterally do that to you."

Taeyeon smiled at the younger woman. "For the last time, it's my job to do those kinds of things." 

"What things?" Leeteuk was confused. What is this Taeyeon trying to say?

"Things you wouldn't understand. So, if I were you, I'd change for the better." Taeyeon realized that a lot of people were looking at the scene they were making inside the office. The room is visible outside for God's sake! It's a transparent wall of glass. All of the people stopped what they were doing, and when they soon realized that they're boss was glaring at all of them they continued with their work.

Jonghee held Taeyeon's wrist, as if trying her to stop arguing with Leeteuk. "Miss Taeyeon, you better leave," she said firmly with pleading eyes. Taeyeon is the other hand understood the woman, she was begging her to stop it to not cause any more troubles.

"Alright. Araso." She said and headed for the door, but before she went she turned her back again to the arrogant man, also known as Park Jungsu. "I don't back down from what I say." 

With that, Taeyeon left the building, leaving a doubtful Leeteuk. He felt threatened, because she is right, without Kim Construction Inc. their company would probably down to the lowest of the low. But why on earth would he feel so afraid of the threats she given him? If this business was a total success throughout the ten years of its existence in South Korea. 

But maybe, not.

 

~o0o~

Being on the run isn't fun as people as say it is. Always hiding from people that his father might know is one of the hardest thing he could ever do. Everywhere he goes, people would recognize him and would ask why he ran away from his home. Yet, he would always turn his back on them and run away.

He walked on the sidewalk nearby the Namsan tower, where it was peaceful and quiet without all of the people trying to report him to his dad. "Aigoo, I'm so exhausted. I can't go buy anything to eat because people recognizes me and would eventually call appa and-- aish! I'm so tired." He slumped down on the side walk. Letting his stomach grumble, asking for food."Mianhe stomach. I can't eat. I can't even sleep properly."

Donghae looked up as he heard a loud shriek. He searched the streets to where the noise was coming from. He saw a gang of men inside a store wearing all black. He sensed that something's wrong, which made him go to the store and act like everyone's hero.

"Here take this." The sales lady gave some money from the cashier. The men laughed and dragged the woman's arm. 

"We don't want that. We want you, pretty lady." One of the men smirked.

Such a ert Donghae thought as he hid outside the store, afraid to be caught by these unrecognizable men. 

"Ani~" They grabbed the woman by the wrist and tried to drag her outside the store. "AAHHH!" She shrieked and yell. Donghae wanted to so much help the poor lady, but then...

"Let go of her! You ing erts!" A woman in a police officer suit demanded as she held a gun towards the men. "Let go of the woman and you'll not get into more trouble." 

"Mwo?" One man, looking like he was drunk, asked. "We just wanted a taste of--"

"Shut up!" The police woman demanded, not wanting to hear anymore of what that man wanted to say. "Hand over the lady and we'll talk this through in the police office.

"No can do, pretty officer. I bet you want me to ki--"

"Enough! Now hand her over or I'll shoot." She smirked. "All of you."

"I thought that's against the laws," Donghae suddenly interrupted. They all looked at him including the police officer. 

"You there!" The woman police officer called Donghae. "You don't have to be afraid to just hand the pitiful woman, didn't you? Always hiding from trouble aren't you, you poor little master mind." 

"Ugh," the sales lady suddenly fell from the arms of the men. The men in black ran away from her. 

"Aish." She cursed under her breath. "At least I got the boss."

"You-- You go with me." She took Donghae by the ear and pushed him inside the car. "We'll talk this through the police office." She handcuffed him tightly around his wrists.

"What?! But I--"

"Don't explain it to me. You people never say the truth, we'll just talk this through the court."

"Court? What do you mean? I'm not one of them!" Donghae tried to explain but he just couldn't, with all the interruptings this woman did.

She went back to the store and reminded the sales lady. "Don't worry ma'am, everything's under control now. I'm sure they're not coming back. Just a few young men drunk and don't know what they're doing." She smiled to the lady, reassuring her. But the sales lady didn't smile back, not trusting the officer fully.

She returned to the car and drove. "Miss officer, please I beg you let me go. I'm not one of them."

"Aigoo. Stop whining will you?"

Donghae had a plan inside his head on how he could explain that he wasn't one of them. A few minutes passed and he fell asleep. He was really tired. For how long was he on the run? Two days without anything to eat, except for the food he ate at the buffet in one of his friend's house before he left the house, after when his dad told him that he was to get married with an old woman. She was maybe a hundred years older then he was, or maybe he was just over exaggerating about her age. But she is too old for him.

"We're here." She dragged the still sleeping Donghae from the back seat of the car. "Sunkyu-ah! Sunkyu-ah! Look what I just caught!"

Donghae, who was still in dreamland, was strapped into a chair and was slapped awake by Sunny. He grogily looked at the jail cells infront of him. "Omo! Sica- unnie, he's too handsome to be one of them!" Sunny giggled.

Jessica didn't actually understand what Sunny said. "I know that right now... I caught the right one. Where's chief, Sunny?" Jessica said so eagerly. 

"He's not here. He just went home. His daughter is sick, so yeah."

"But what about this case? This man was just about to that lady. What should we do now?" 

"Princess, I think you caught the wrong man," Donghae suddenly said. "I'm saying the truth. I don't ** people, miss Sica-- is that right? I thought I heard right. That's your name, right?" He smirked. 

"Yah! Flirt! See! He is lying and he still wants to do 'it'" Jessica tried to point out to her partner. Jessica doesn't want to be wrong again. Just then before, when she caught a robber--who she actually thought he was-- turned out to be the one robbed. She can't help being wrong again, or else she's fired. 

Sunny studied Donghae's face. Tracing his cheeks then his forehead and then his eyes--circling his face. "Umm... what are you doing?" 

"You rather look familiar to me."

OMO! Donghae's heart began to beat rapidly. Of course the police would be the worst place he could be into. And now that he is caught and thought as a ''mastermind'' of the thingy that Jessica police officer was saying, he's totally dead. They would probably call his father and--NOOOOO--marry that old woman. 

Taeyang, another police officer, turned the TV on. The news was still on, the newscaster reported, "Still Mr. Lee, the owner of the Lee Car Corporation, is searching for his son, Lee Donghae. Who had happen to run away, if you ever see him or anything, please--"

"Please turn that thing off!" Donghae demanded before they knew that that person is him. Lee Donghae. Yeah, he is the son of the famous Lee Soo Man, the owner of the Lee Car Corporation. They are extremely rich, too bad he's dad wants him to marry a woman he barely knew, and is actually very old, like 5o or something.

"Ugh." Donghae tried to get the handcuffs off his wrists while the police officers were busy watching TV. Just then a picture popped out, showing Mr. Lee's son. Donghae's eyes widen. He was so helpless right now. He was trapped. 

NOOOOO! He screamed inside his head. 

Jessica's head turned from the TV to the man on tied to the chair. "Are you Lee Donghae?" 

His eyes bulged in horror. Doomed, yes he is doomed. Dead, actually. He shook his head. "A-ani."

"So that's why you look so much familiar!" Sunny burst out giggling. "You are the handsome son of Mr. Lee Soo Man. OMO!" Sunny was giggling so hard like a fangirl, her face turned so red as a tomato.

"OMO! Please help me." Donghae pleaded. "I can't go home."

"So, you're saying you're the 'Lee Donghae'?" Jessica asked. Feeling her heart sinking. The chief head of the police would surely sue her, if they knew she tried to put this man inside the jail.

"Neh. I am. I ran away from home." Donghae explained. The whole police people went to watch him, mostly all of the women was giggling. "I just... Could you please don't tell him I'm here."

"Who?" Taeyang butted in. 

"My father." He shook his head again.

"Why? Don't you want to stay in that big mansion? Live in luxury in every single day of your life?" Sunny asked. She wondered if she could ever be like that, to be served by her personal maid and live like a princess.

"I did. But I just ran away from what my father planned for me."

"And what is that?" Now, Jessica asked.

"To get married."

"With who?"

"That old hag."

"Hag?" Sunny asked, feeling so innocent, like she hadn't heard a word like that before.

"An old person." Euck, just by thinking of her face makes his stomach churn. 

Jessica realized that it was actually late. She glanced at the clock, and it was 1:30. "Guys, I think I have to go home."

"What about Mr. Lee Donghae?" One of the police officers asked.

"Please people, just call me Donghae."

"Unnie, you're the second chief to this precint, you have to take care of him. What would you do now?" Sunny reminded. One by one, the police officers went home leaving Jessica and Sunny behind, who are still thinking on what they could possibly do to Donghae. 

"So, you're just gonna stare at me? And do nothing?" Donghae asked Jessica. "I've been living in the streets for almost 3 days and have nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep."

"Aww... poor you." Sunny pitied him. She stood up and grabbed a cup noodles and heated some coffee. She gave the food to him. "Here you go." 

"How can I eat it, if my hands are cuffed?"

"Unnie, you have to remove his hand cuffs." Only did Sunny realized that Jessica was asleep. She shook Jessica to wake up. "Unnie-ah! Jung Soo Yeon!" Jessica didn't wake up. "I-- I'll put cucumbers on your face if you don't wake up!"

With that threat she woke up. "What's happening? Is chief here already here to fire me?"

"Huh?" Sunny was dumbfounded. What is Jessica talking about?

"Remove Donghae's hand cuffs please." Donghae smirked at Jessica, and she returned an icy glare. 

"Whatever." She dug her hand in her pocket, but found nothing inside it. She searched all of her pockets, still none. ". I think I lost the key."

"You what?" Donghae asked bewilderly [?].

"I can't find the keys." She searched her desk, but still no sign of the key. ", , , !" Jessica shrieked nervously. "Sunny, I think I lost the key." The handcuff was a present given to her by Mr. Soo, their chief police when she got in their department.

"How could you do that?" 

"Wow, great." Donghae said sarcastically. Now he's stuck on that chair forever. 

"I--I--"

"Unnie, what have you done?" Sunny was scared what was going to Jessica. What if she got fired or something? Uh-oh, doomed, Jessica was.

"I didn't mean-- Aigoo~" She was so frustrated. 

"Well, I can't be stuck here forever, right?" Donghae asked, still sarcasm was in his voice. 

"Shut up! You won't be!" Jessica panicked. Yeah, about that, she was gonna be dead if the chief finds this famous man inside their cell cuffed to a chair. 

Suddenly, a phone began to ring. "Opps, sorry this is my umma. She is probably waiting for me to go home." Sunny answered the call. "Neh, umma? Neh. I'll go home now."

Jessica turned to Sunny. "Mianhe, unnie. I'll try to make it up to you tomorrow. And besides, the night shift police officers are going to be here any minute now. Bye."  Sunny left Jessica there just looking at this man in front of her. 

"I should probably call Mr. Lee Soo Man to fetch you," she scared Donghae.

"NOOOOO! DON'T YOU DARE!" He said with a threatening tone in his voice. Jessica laughed at his immaturity. 

"Yah~ I wouldn't do that. I'm not stupid. I pity you. You marrying an old woman? Euck." Jessica made a disgusted face. Donghae sighed of relief. For once, he feels comfortable and safe. He doesn't know why, but you would actually feel weird when you are inside a police office, but no he doesn't.

"Oh and by the way, I'm bringing you to my house." Jessica said with a bored face.

She left Donghae there with a grumbling stomach. Suddenly the lights go off and Donghae felt scared. Alone. "Sica! Hello? Is someone still here?" 

"Yah!" Jessica came out of nowhere, holding a bag of plastic bags. "Let's go."

Donghae tried to stand up, but he just couldn't. He was stuck on that chair. "Yah! Help me here!" He called out to Jessica. She helped him up from the chair and they walked through the streets, as  they passed the night-shift police officers eyeing Jessica, especially Donghae. Jessica smiled and said, "Hey," to them.

"Is he your boyfriend, Sooyeon-ssi?" One of them smiled, but Jessica just smiled back, making the men police officers whistle a high note key. And they were gone. 

Silence hung beneath the atmosphere. A few minutes passed and they arrived at a small house. Jessica's apartment. "Yah! You have no right to complain, if you don't want me to call your father."

"Yeah, sure." He looked around. He feels so small, as he walked through the small house. 

"I know it's small, but you have to bear with it. This is your only choice. If you don't want here, fine  then, I understand. You sleep in the street."

"You talk so much, do you?" Donghae wondered. She even answered her own questions not letting Donghae answer. But he has no other choice does he?

His stomach growled so loudly, so loud it was the only sound you could hear through the whole house. "Oh, I brought some food for you. Seat here," she moved the chair so he could sit down, "and I'll feed you."

"You don't have to."

"Then how'll you eat?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Fine then." She grabbed a spoonful of ramen and stuffed it in his mouth, also some rice, dimsum and chicken.

Donghae tried to tell her that it was too much, that he can not swallow them altogether. He choked. Jessica panicked. She gave him a glass of water and let him drink it. "Mianhe."

"Ani~ It's alright."

She fed him the whole night and talked about thier lives. How Jessica lost her family and now she is alone in the world, but Sunny is always there for her just like her sister. She talked to him about how she got in the police department, how fierce she was when she threw a knife to the head police and pointed a gun to a dummy-thief. Donghae talked about his luxurious life, and made Jessica feel jealous about it. 

Soon, they realized that it was 3:00. "Omo! We have to sleep. I still have work tomorrow." She stretched her arms. Donghae burped out loud, feeling satisfied to what he just ate. A full 3-day meal!

"Araso. So you sleep in my room and I'll sleep on the sofa. Goodnight." She pushed Donghae inside the her room. She didn't want to hear anymore of his rants and whines anymore. 

She took a bath and changed into night clothes.  Jessica thought that somehow she wouldn't be fired. And now, she has a great secret to keep. She pitied the man, she didn't actually think that al high class people are all arrogant and all that. Donghae was different. 

And that secret was. She had to hide the man who had been missing to the luxurious industry in Korea. And who would ever thought that he would land into Jessica?

 


How was that for my first chapter?

tumblr_ltoet80o5N1qitdj1o4_500.gif

I know I at writing, and I hope to hear your comments and help me be better at it. 

 

07816fb4.gif

Yeah, it's only haesica and taeteuk. The next chapters would introduce some of the other characters. <3

6leeteuk.gifth_262bhgi.gif

13donghae.gifth_23lfdvr1.gif

Snsd_the_boys_gif_by_teklaa.gif

"Girls bring the boys out!"