The Third Eye

For The Universe

On Lyra, the air is thick with a soft pink fog, it’s a sparsely populated planet with small villages scattered around the large mountains, atop the mountains swirling red clouds cover the top from view. Jongin grunts as he climbs over a particularly large rock “Why couldn’t we just land where they landed?”  

 

“Two Central Union ships docked at the same port would worry the citizens” Luhan explains

 

“Landing in two separate spots makes the whole thing seem pretty suspicious, if you ask me” Chanyeol counters, kicking aside a rock that falls into a nearby river, the water runs white, rushing by quickly. 

 

“Well no one asked you” Luhan snaps, climbing on a boulder “But I don’t see why they couldn’t make paths up this mountain.” He mumbles “I really hate hiking” 

 

“This is nothing, on my planet the mountains are even bigger and more slippery since they’re covered in grass” Chanyeol laughs, pushing his hair out of his face. It had turned the same pink color as the fog around them, making it look like he had a big wad of cotton candy on his head

 

“How people live in mountains is a mystery to me” Luhan sighs, they finally make it to the man made tunnel leading them to the other side, the road remains unpaved, but it’s more dirt than stone, making the remainder of the journey less exhausting. 

 

They make their way through, on the other side there’s a slope leading to a village, though most of it is hidden in the pink fog, the three soldiers can subtly make out neat stone buildings. The way down is significantly faster than their hike up towards the tunnel. It had been a mission in and of itself to navigate their way to the opposite village, considering most of the locals didn’t speak standard. 

 

The village on the this side of mountain is much larger and busy with people. The typical Lyran person looked similar to humans, in that their bodies almost completed looked the same however their hair was typically a soft white color, their eyes well the two open ones are a gentle milky brown color. The third one in the forehead is typically closed, looking like a sharp black line in the center of the forehead. When they’re open it’s almost complete white, with harsh red veins around the outer part. They where terrifying to say the least. 

 

“Alright, I say we split up. Jongin go look for any foreigners and me and Chanyeol will go look for the ship. Keep your communication device on” Luhan says, clipping a silver ear piece on his ear. Jongin and Chanyeol do the same before they depart to carry out their mission. 

 

 

Jongin walks around the village for a long while before a local admits seeing a couple of foreigners looking to get a new ship, two Posteans, a Swaenian man, once Ucrion and an unknown being. Jongin hastily relays this back to his team mates. Luhan informs him that they’ve found the ship completely empty. 

 

“It’s take a while for them to get a new ship on a place like this. They’re probably still here, we have to keep looking.” Luhan says 

 

“Alright, I’m gonna look towards the outskirts, you two can split up and search the town some more.” Jongin replies, setting off towards a small hill in the distance, where a single cabin sits. 

 

“Alright, good luck!” Luhan chimes

 

Jongin sighs as he continues towards the hill, the closer he gets the thicker the smog gets. The slight bitter taste in the air makes Jongin cough. Once he reaches the base of the hill he notices a figure laying down on a patch of grass. The dark hair atop his head tells Jongin he’s not a native. 

 

Silently he approaches, trying to peer at the figures face through the fog. Once he’s close enough he instantly he recognizes him as Kyungsoo. 

 

He smirks and gets ready to punch the Postean man, straight in the nose, as Kyungsoo did to him a few days ago. But he pauses, Kyungsoo lays still, his eyes gently closed with his breathing steady. “He’s asleep” He chuckles quietly, standing right above him. 

 

Again, Jongin finds himself unable to tear his gaze away from Kyungsoo. The chill in the air made the tip of his nose and the tops of Kyungsoo’s cheek a delicate pink. Almost the same shade as his slightly parted lips. Kyungsoo’s eyelashes lay stationary, long and pretty. His arms folded behind his head, his chest rising and falling rhythmically. Jongin looks for the translucent wings he had seen the last time. There are none. Jongin’s heart twists in his chest. “, what am I doing?” He whispers

 

He stares for a bit longer, he should be reaching for his gun to shoot this man in the chest but he finds himself longing to see kyungsoo’s deep red eyes again. So he kicks the man harshly in the stomach. 

 

Kyungsoo doubles over, instantly wide awake. “What the ?” He shouts, thinking it was one of his teammates. Looking up, he figures out that is not the case.

 

“Long time no see Jongin” he smirks, standing up, his hand instinctively going towards his gun holster “I see you’ve followed me. How’d you do it?” 

 

Jongin pulls out his own gun “A simple little tracker. You should really check your pockets before you go waltzing away in a stolen ship” 

 

“Sorry, it’s just that some idiot shot me, I was too buy trying to not die” Kyungsoo laughs, holding up his gun. His hands tremble slightly, as the barrel aligns itself with Jongin’s chest. The Uaphean man, stands there smirking. It’s a stupid, cocky smile that makes Kyungsoo a weird combo of pissed off and . 

 

“Sorry about that, we’ll you did break my nose. Let’s call it even, you can come back with me. Go on a date in the prison cell on Uaphea. You can even bring your little friends.” Jongin replies

 

“No thanks, I’ll pass.” Kyungsoo smiles, readying his gun, only to be tackled by Jongin. 

 

“Oh my god, how much do you weigh?” Kyungsoo groans, pushing Jongin off, punching the other man in the gut as he does so. 

 

“You’re just delicate” Jongin huffs, punching Kyungsoo back, directly in the face. 

 

Kyungsoo staggers backwards, he tastes the blood in his mouth before he feels the pain. He saves his sarcastic comeback to charge at Jongin and pummel him. He dodges a fair amount, but when Kyungsoo’s fist makes contact it’s a jolt of pain in the correct places. With a grunt Jongin aims a well timed kick to Kyungsoo’s side, purposely kicking the side opposite the gun wound. If Kyungsoo notices he doesn’t say anything. 

 

The two continue fighting for some time, neither of them hitting hard enough to really keep the other down. It wears them both down, eventually they’re barely standing up, throwing weak hits at each other. They’re so focused on each other that they don’t notice the figure approaching them from the bottom of the hill. 

 

They’re both about to land a pitiful hit to the face when someone interrupts them. 

 

“Wow, this is really pathetic. You’re not even trying.” They say. 

 

Jongin And Kyungsoo turn towards the being. They’re cloaked in a deep red cloak, the hood covering their face. 

 

“Who are you?” Kyungsoo demands. Jongin nods in agreement, staring sternly at the person in front of them. 

 

The being lifts the hood from their face slowly, revealing a head of thick white hair, covering their forehead, two milky brown eyes that stare at them lazily. “No need to be so demanding. I’m just stating facts, your hearts aren’t really in it.” He says

 

“Who are you?” Kyungsoo repeats, growing agitated at the truth in the persons words

 

“Me? I’m.. Yixing! The legendary physic of Lyra!” He cheers, throwing the robe off to reveal another set of robes. 

 

Jongin blinks “What?”

 

“Never heard of him” Kyungsoo adds

 

The man pouts “Now that’s just hurtful, but that is besides the point. I’m here because my third eye has given me a vision of a tragic lovers quarrel, one that only I can solve.” He says, his voice laced with mystery

 

“L-lovers quarrel?” Kyungsoo stutters, a blush creeping up his neck. 

 

Jongin stares wide eyed at Yixing “W-what are you t-talking about?” He mumbles, ears bright red.

 

Yixing sits down between them “Of course, the two of you are simply fated to be in love. Ah a set of star crossed lovers, this will be the stuff of stories and blockbuster movies for generations to come. Maybe even a play, if you play your cards right.” 

 

“We’re sworn enemies! I’m gonna kill this man!” Jongin shouts

 

“See we have the brash and reckless one right here, our Romaine as the Humans would say” Yixing scratches his chin

 

“I’m pretty sure it’s Romeo” Kyungsoo mutters

 

“Ah And our sweet, sensitive Kyungsoo. Our Juliana” 

 

“Woah, how did he know your name?” Jongin gapes, sitting down beside Yixing, who smirks triumphantly. 

 

“I’m wearing my name plate!” Kyungsoo groans “You can’t be falling for this crap! He’s a scam artist!” 

 

“There are no scams in the game of Love.” Yixing says thoughtfully. 

 

“This is such a load of garbage” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes 

 

“Come, sit down. Let’s chat” 

 

Reluctantly Kyungsoo takes a seat on the grass, watching both Jongin and Yixing warily 

 

“Now, you both know that you cannot face each other as enemies. You both feel incredibly weak with the force of hidden love that you feel when you look into one another’s eyes. Your invisible third eye see’s the others soul.” Yixing starts. 

 

Kyungsoo opens his mouth to protest but finds himself mulling over the fact that every time he see’s Jongin’s face he can’t bring himself to really hurt the other person. Jongin seems to be thinking the same thing as he stares intensely at a patch of dirt. 

 

“The only way to resolve this is by speaking to each other, not as enemies but as strangers.” Yixing takes a deep breath, for effect “Now each of you must say why you’re even fighting each other in the first place.”

 

“It’s my duty, as a soldier.” Jongin nods

 

“Well.. yeah same thing. I’m a General I can’t afford to be soft on anybody” Kyungsoo adds

 

“Why? Why are you soldier? What are you fighting for?” Yixing gives the both of them a knowing look

 

The question stumps both of them. “As a citizen of Postea, it’s expected of me.” Kyungsoo replies warily

 

“You just do whatever’s expected of you? Without question?” Yixing smirks “It does not seem like you”

 

“You don’t even know me” 

 

“My third eye sees all” Yixing says wistfully 

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes “What a bunch of garbage” 

 

“Now that I think about it I don’t even have a reason to fight. I just know that I have to” Jongin says, still staring at the dirt “Sometimes I think I’m a monster but I know it’s for the greater good.” 

 

“What greater good? What has Kyungsoo ever done to you? What has any other soldier you’ve killed done to you?” 

 

Jongin sighs “Nothing.” 

 

“And Kyungsoo? Do you have any reason to kill Jongin?” 

 

“No.” Kyungsoo rips out a patch of grass “I really wish I would’ve been able to meet him in another life, but we are who we are and I have to kill him.”

 

“It’s our only option” Jongin grunts

 

“Let’s look at your options. You can kill Kyungsoo, you can take him as prisoner. Or you could let Kyungsoo kill you. That is what you presume your options are?”

 

“That’s all the options there are” Kyungsoo scoffs

 

“There are countless options. Some of which end with either or both of you dead. Some with me dead. Some with none of us dead.” 

 

“Please, enlighten us” Kyungsoo remarks sarcastically 

 

“You could choose to just not fight. Leave, together.” 

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo are struck with silence, to leave would be treason, they’d be wanted across the universe. Both would lose touch with their friends and family, to go live with a stranger, an enemy. But as Kyungsoo thinks all of this he can’t help but to think about a life running, flying across the cosmos instead of going on missions to kills thousands of people, without slaughtering people he doesn’t know. The appeal is great. 

 

“I don’t know if I can even kill another soldier after this talk” Jongin laughs. 

 

“I can’t kill you” Kyungsoo suddenly says, looking up at Jongin. “I don’t know what it is, but I can’t look in your eyes and bring myself to do it. I don’t know if it’s love or cowardice but I’m tired of having to kill people.” He confesses 

 

“I feel the same way, but how could I just abandon everything I know for you?” Jongin replies 

 

“I don’t know if I can do that either.” Kyungsoo sighs

 

“You never know until you try” Yixing smiles, taking both of their hands “And besides I envision an epic adventure for the two of you, if you choose to leave together.” 

 

“This is a total sham” Kyungsoo smiles

 

“I agree.” Jongin grins

 

“I’m in, if you are.” Kyungsoo says with determination 

 

“You know, I’ve always wanted to see The Milky Way.” Jongin says as he stands up, the other two following him. “This seems like an awful decision, but I’m in.”

 

A/N: LMAO I THINK IM MOVING TOO FAST BUT IM SO EXCITED I HAVE SOME COOL CHARACTERS COMING UP AND I CANT WAIT TO GET RO THEM!  Also in case you where wondering I’ve been listening to a lot of Kali Uchis when I write this story, I love her so much and she’s gives me the right vibe for this story