Chapter 20

My Last Hope

It took Jungkook to use all of his strength to stop me from lunging my fist off from my sunbae's face. 

My eyes lost all of it's colors and all I see is the image of him slapping her on the face. 

. 

Even I had never lift a finger on her before. 

Not once. 

By the time the boys were able to get my hands off from our sunbae, my eyes focused on her,  her arms wrapped around my body. 

And then I realized, 

She's crying. 

"Stop Hoseok, please...." she whispered. 

Her voice was shaking. 

And my eyes soften at the sound of her, my inside churning, I had to close my eyes for a moment to calm my self. 

"Why do you keep on getting between us? What?  Do you like her or something?" our sunbae laughed sarcastically as he wipe the blood on the side of his lips. 

I knew I hit him so hard. 

"Sorry sunbae." Namjoon bowed but his experession was stern. 

He was apologizing for my action but I know he was mad as well. 

I can see his hands balled into fist. He hates seeing a woman getting hit by a man, so is Jungkook. 

"It's okay,  but I don-"

"I don't." I cut his words and his eyes landed on mine. 

Jungkook seemed shock for a moment,  and so is our sunbae. I am talking back to a sunbae, I know. It's against the norms but who cares? 

"I don't like her, I love her. I still love her." I whispered, admitting the fact that had been bothering me ever since.


And then my eyes landed on him, shock evident on his face. 

"So please don't treat her like . Do not treat her so carelessly. She doesn't deserve it, nor any woman to be hit." I told him and he looked taken aback at my words. 

Her arms tightened at my waist and my hands wrapped around her. 


She was shaking and my heart ached at the sight of her being so vulnerable. 

She seemed so fragile in my arms. 

Just then,  her members arrived and before I knew it,  they were walking away from us, along with her. 

My eyes followed her figure,  but before they  a corner,  she looked back, our eyes met.


I feel so stupid. 

Why did I ever let her walk away from me a few years ago?