Gratitude

Fated to be yours

Daesung ask him out for lunch to convey his gratitude towards the latter. It may seems like its just a dog which can be replaced if you bought a new one but brownie is a family. The only memory he has left of the person so dear to him who suddenly vanish into thin air. No. Daesung refused to believe that the love of his life left him for good. He was safe okay? Hyunie would never leave him just like that. He wont.

"daesung are you okay?"

He snap out of his train of thoughts when he remember he was with his new found friend. A sincere smile appear on his lips thinking the he would no longer feel alone anymore. He couldnt be more thankful to seungri for being so kind as much as accepting a lost fool like him in his life, though they were a little awkward at first, they still manage to get comfortable after a few chit chats. 

"yeah, sorry. I suddenly remember someone i shouldnt have" 

Sadness evident in his glassy eyes. At that very moment, seungri felt as if he was looking at his own reflection in the mirror. But its different. Way more different because daesung's eyes scream longing while his own scream hatred. He doesnt want that bastard back. He was stupid enough to let him play with his heart and left nothing but broken pieces 

Now he learned his leasson, unfortunately, he needs to learn it the hard way

"i guess life never ends up the way we want it to"

with exasperated sigh, seungri fell silent being drowned at the depth of his own thoughts. He is really curious if the man that daesung talks about, leave him the same way his bastard ex leave him. He wanted to know why he's still longing for someone who left him to rot. He wanted to bring back his lost sense and stop making a fool out of him by waiting in vain.

"im sorry to ask this but, did that guy cheated on you and left you for someone?"

Daesung is a little surprise at the question. Maybe seungri misunderstand everything and he felt the urge to explain the whole picture so this cute little boy here wont get too lost.

"hunie went to search for a pharmacy store at 2am in the morning because i was feeling sick as hell. I told him i can endure the pain until morning so that he wouldnt need to go out and buy meds for me but he insists. He went out and... Never gets back"

 

I paused. Trying hard to swallow my own sobs. Seungri's eyes widened after realization hits him like a hurricane 

 

'oh dear...'

 

"d-d-did something happen to him??"

He began to stutter because he felt bad asking such a painful question to his newly found friend. For the first time in forver, he finally found himself a friend but here he is, turn into an asshle who stick his nose to someone else business just because he was curious. He is the worst.

"i dont know.. But someone on the neighborhood saw his most valued wristwatch on the floor. I know its his because my name was engrave at the back and..."

Seungri held his breath preparing himself for worst to come

"there's a tiny stain of blood on it"

Daesung started to sob as he travel back to the time where it all happened.

 

As soon as daesung saw the blood on hunie's most precious wrist watch, he trembled. Terrified to what probably happen to his beloved 

 

'No... '

 

He violently shook his head hoping that he would somehow wake up and realize it was all just a nightmare but too bad, it wasnt. 

Daesung wasted no time and run towards the place where the wristwatch was found. But there is no hunie. He tried searching everywhere, heaven knows he did. Until he finally got tired that his knees gave in leaving him no choice other than to surrender in sadness. Daesung bawled his eyes out screaming for hunie hoping it would magically  reach him wherever he is right now. Just please, not in another life. Its okay if hunie leave just as long as he is alive. That is more bearable.

 

"THERE'S A FCKNG BLOOD ON IT SEUNGRI THERE'S A BLOOD! I-" 

 

Without thinking twice, seungri pull him into a tight hug which he knows daesung need the most. He gently drew soothing circle at the back of his crying friend who finally get to pour out his heart that probably got bottled for so long.

Out of the blue, a picture of jiyong hugging him the same way he is hugging daesung at the moment came rushing to his mind like a high quality picture, so clear he can still feel the warmth of those pair of arms who save him from darkness. 

 

"thank you seungri..."

 

Thank you?

Oh thats right. He wasnt able to say his thanks to jiyong after that morning. He was too embarass, he needs to make sure to properly thank him when he gets home

"no worries. I understand"

 

-

Jiyong arrived at home a little later than he expected. Of course he didnt want to leave seungri alone for too long. The boy mustve been bored to death

 

"im home"

 

Indeed. His house, finally felt like home after seeing the table full of delicious looking dish and seungri who was eagerly preparing it. He didt know it would feel so good to have someone waiting for you at home.


"oh you're back? I prepare some food. Its not that good but i did my best"

 

"im sure its great. Thank you riri"

 

He said before sitting down on the table, eyes not leaving seungri because damn, he missed him so much.

 

His stomach did flip flops when seungri replied him with a smile. It was beautiful, dazzling. It wasnt exageration okay? Thats how he see seungri and will always see him as a beautiful gem. 

 

"i told you to stop calling me riri im not a kid!"

 

"but you are my baby!"

 

Seungri rolled his eyes and decided that this arguement will go nowhere. Well, he will let it slip

 

For now.

 

At least until he pay all the debts he owes him. 

 

"Why are you standing there like a soldier? Come join me eat!" 

 

Seungri was about to take the chair on the opposite side when jiyong quickly cleared his throat which put seungri into a halt, raising one eyebrow questioningly. Jiyong display his smug smile and tap the chair beside him

 

"I. Dont. Like."

 

He wasnt angry, just wanted to annoy jiyong a little more. Its fair that way because jiyong keeps annoying him nonstop so why not let him taste his own medicine for once?

He immediately sat down on the opposite chair ignoring jiyong pouty face. Gosh cant he act according his age? I mean, he is halfway thirty! And yet he was doing that pouty pouty childish thing ugh! 

 

"Fine then,"

 

Seungri is a little surprise with jiyong's reply, he actually thought that the guy would just let him do what he want without further protest nor commotion. but then again, it was jiyong whom we are talking about. 

Seungri look at him in disbelief when jiyong carry his own plate and went to sit at the chair on his right side moving it closer leaving them with no space to move 

 

"Now its better"

 

Jiyong is grinning wide making seungri want to smack him with the chicken drumsticks he cooked earlier if only he wasnt charmed by that beautiful gummy smile. 

 

He watched as jiyong began to dig in his plate like a hungry lion savoring the taste of each dish with close eyes. A feeling of joy seeing someone actually enjoy the dish he eagerly prepare envelopes him and felt that all his effort in making those foods is definitely worth it. 

 

"Damn it was so good! I cant stop eating!"

 

Seungri chuckle "go ahead. Eat as much as you want"

 

"I will for sure. Home made meal is so much better than those expensive restaurant-" jiyong paused and look directly to seungri's eyes "especially if it was made by someone special" then he winked. 

What the-? Is he trying to flirt with me? 

Seungri mentally cringed but somehow felt hot.

 

No...no..noo.. Please, someone please tell me that im not blushing. 

 

Bunch of electricity struck through his bones after jiyong's long slender finger touch his face in a most gentle manner as if he is an expensive item that needs to be handled with care. 

 

"Are you okay ri? You are sweating too much"

 

Immediately, seungri swat jiyong's hand and create a safe distance just so he could breathe again. Jiyong is a little baffled at seungri's weird behavior

 

"I-im fine!"

 

He stutter and quickly stood up. Seungri have no idea as to why he is acting this way, theres no reason for him to be so nervous and affected by jiyong's touch, so why? 

 

"hey ri wanna do something fun?"

 

Thank goodness jiyong took initiative to change topic and didnt push me to spill the beans because in all honesty, i dont know why either. 

 

"like what?"

 

"like watching a horror movie with lights turned off"

 

Jiyong suggested, excitement evident in his voice. He cant wait to watch a movie together like how couples usually do while cuddling in the sofa bed. Seungri nod, the idea is not that bad but he highly doubt he'd ever get scared of it 'coz hey, he had been living in his room full of darkness. He even turn into a monster himself so who could ever scare  the out of him?

 

"deal."

 

Minutes later, seungri find himself gripping on jiyong's shirt tighly as if his life depend on it.

 

"of all ghosts, why do they have to use a fckng doll?!!"

 

Seungri cursed at the top of his lungs, then later felt jiyong's hand crept on his waist protectively pulling him closer. He burried his head at the crook of jiyong's neck when the doll started to appear on screen again. Seungri hates seeing the doll's face because it send chills to his spine. Those ugly make up and creepy smile is somethig that he never wanted to remember in his lifetime. 

 

Jiyong couldnt be more thankful to whoever created this whole annabelle thing because he was able to cuddle seungri in his arms like a protective boyfriend he had always wanted to become. 

 

"RUN YOU FOOL! THE DOLL IS BEHIND YOU RUUUUUUUUN!"

 

seungri screaming and getting frustrated at the main character is so adorable jiyong can't even concentrate on the movie they are watching

 

"STOP STANDING THERE LIKE A STONE! SHE'S GONNA KILL YOU! YOU HEAR ME? SHE'S GONNA KILL YOU!!!" 

 

Jiyong bit his lips to contain his laughter. He doesnt care if seungri is squeezing his arms a little too hard. He like it rough after all

 

"Aww my baby is getting frustrated" he teased

 

"SHUT UP!"

 

 

 

 

After 2 straight hours, the movie finally come to an end but seungri's head still burried in jiyong's neck without any movement. He suspect that his little kitten has already fallen asleep

So he gently lift up his head to confirm and he was right. Seungri is comfortably sleeping in his shoulders steadily breathing up and down. As much as jiyong wanted to stay in that position, he worry that seungri's neck might hurt when he wakes up in the morning so he carried him to his room. 

 

Seungri woke up, eyes half closed when he felt that his body is floating as if someone is carrying his body. True enough, when he lifted his head a little he saw jiyong looking straight ahead while climbing up the stairs. Being carried bridal style, seungri cant help but to blush. Jiyong is treating him like a princess

 

When they reach his room, jiyong gently place him on the bed and seungri quickly shut his eyes close. He cant face jiyong like this, it was too embarrassing so he pretended to be asleep. Seconds later after he heard jiyong whisper him goodnight, he felt something hot touched his forehead. Seungri is certain that it was jiyong's lips. It went down to kiss the tip of his nose, then his chin making seungri hold his breath thinking that jiyong might aim for his lips next. But it didnt.

For some reason, seungri felt disappointed. 

Wait. WHY THE HELL AM I DISAPPOINTED?? DO I ACTUALLY EXPECT HIM TO KISS ME? AND WHY ON EARTH AM I WAITING? DAMN SEUNGRI! GET YOURSELF TOGETHER!

 

While he is mentally scolding himself, he heard the door close. He opened his eyes and try to keep his breathing steady. 

 

"I must be crazy... "

 

---

 

A/N: and here's another update! Thank you so much to everyone who supported this story im really happy that a lot of you like this even though its kind of unsteady haha. Anyway im doing my best so look forward for the next chapter! Dont forget to comment and subribe 😉