Twenty-Eight

Two Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person’s POV

Dark circles and puffy eyes were a big sign that chaeyoung is not getting any sleep … All he does is stare at his legs and feet. He can’t move them or feel anything on his skin. He felt weak and useless, as if being disabled is damaging his manliness. Jeongyeon was busy on his phone as sana and momo went to rest in the house after a long day.

Chaeyoung wanted to use the bathroom he sat down but unlike before his legs didn’t move like he wishes he held the first leg but the wounds on his back stung making him groan.

“Dude dude let me help you!” jeongyeon panicked a bit, he rushed to him and held his arm after he put the wheelchair in front of him, chaeyoung glared at it as if it was one of his worst nightmares.

“Okay first we need to put your legs out of bed” jeongyeon was talking to himself while helping his best friend “okay chaeyoung now move your hips so you can sit on the chair”  

But chaeyoung didn’t comply with jeongyeon’s order “chae I know this is hard but please I am here along with mina and sana even momo”

“I feel useless” chaeyoung frowned while looking down.

Mina came in and held his hand “let me help you chae”

She, of course, was more professional and experienced than jeongyeon “jeongyeon can you leave for a while?”

The latter nodded and left, mina helped him sit on the wheelchair and came into the bathroom with him she was strong enough to put him back in bed “if a person is paralyzed anywhere in the spine, the messages don't travel between the body and the brain like they once did. Often times the body does not know the bladder is full or that it is leaking urine when over full. It doesn't know how to hold urine in or, conversely, let it out at the right time” she explained.

“So does that mean I might pee myself one day?” he sassed.

“No not always but now we must insert a catheter into the urethra and up into the bladder where the urine will drain out.  The catheter allows the person to relieve the bladder when they cannot control the start and stop of the urine flow and eventually, you will be able to control it” mina was talking with chaeyoung as a patient… A patient that can’t believe that he is that pathetic now.

“Mina I want to stay alone”

“Chaeyoung” she held his hand and soft-spoken but that didn’t move him.

“Mina please and tell jeongyeon to leave I don’t need anyone”

“I will” she left his room while he broke into tears when sana was waking to his room “he said he wants to be alone” said mina while putting her hands in the white robe's pockets.

“I will just see him for a few minutes”

“You didn’t hear me? He said he wants to be ALONE!”

“Sometimes we say we want to be alone but our real desire is exactly the opposite. We wait for someone to hold us tightly”

“Chaeyoung is broken now I think he really needs time for himself, I am talking to you as a doctor, sana”

“I don’t think that doctor mina now excus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter