Consequences

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jimin walks and walks until his legs feel like jello and he can’t move anymore. Finding a bench Jimin sinks down and lets himself cry hard.Jimin sobs his body shaking from his tears. He looks down at his finger the subtle tan line from his ring staring at him empty. Leaning back Jimin begins to feel numb and doesn’t notice when the sky let’s go and begins to rain down on him almost like nature was crying alongside him. Not knowing what to do Jimin pulls out his phone and calls Hoseok. Hoseok answers on the second ring. “Hoseok it hurts. Everything hurts what do I do?” Jimin sobs into the phone. “Chim where are you?” Jimin looks around seeing a store name he tells Hoseok. “Chim stay there don’t move I will be there shortly.”  A few minutes later Hoseok sits next to Jimin pulling him into a crushing hug. Gathering Jimin up he leads him to his car and drives them both back to his apartment. Handing Jimin a towel and a fresh set of clothes he pushes Jimin towards the bathroom. Hearing the door close Hoseok pulls out his phone and calls Yoongi. Hoseok listens to the phone ring worried at how broken Jimin seems and wonders what had happened between his two friends. Hoseok startles when he hears the call finally connect. “Yoongi, what happened I just picked Jimin up five miles from your house.” Hoseok can hear the strain in Yoongi’s voice when he tells him that he ed up. Feeling sympathetic he sighs. “Yoongi I don’t know what happened but I am going to let Jimin crash here for at least the night but I promise to bring him home tomorrow.” Yoongi just hums in agreement. “Hoseok do me a favor. Take good care of Jimin. He deserves the world and all I gave him was pain.” With that Yoongi hangs up leaving a stunned Hoseok staring at his phone.  

 

Yoongi spends the entire night lying in bed thinking about Jimin. His mind plays back the sound of his laughter the brightness of his smile. Every little detail it can bring up to tortue Yoongi for being such an idiot. Giving up on sleep Yoongi walks down to the kitchen to make coffee. A small part of him is hoping to find Jimin standing there making his breakfast a smile on his face. However, as Yoongi expected the kitchen is empty and Jimin’s bedroom door is still open showing off the empty room left behind.

 

When Yoongi arrives at the hospital he finds Cassie asleep. Reaching over he grabs her water jug taking it to the nurses station to be refilled. When he returns Cassie is awake sitting in bed flipping through channels on the T.V. Cassie stops when she sees Jimin come on screen and Yoongi looks over to see Jimin dancing. A small smile breaks on his face. “Yoongi, do you love Jimin?” Yoongi takes a long moment before answering. “I do more than I have loved anything before. But, I promised you I would take care of you. If keeping my promise means I have to give up Jimin then that is my consequence for falling for someone whom I can never deserve.” Cassie looks at Yoongi noticing the bags under his eyes and the pain that he is trying so hard to hide shadow his expressions. “Yoongi, thank you for wanting to keep your promise. However, Hoseok talked some sense into me yesterday. You need to follow your heart. If that means breaking our promise so you can love Jimin I will respect that. Don’t lose him because I am selfish and needy.” Yoongi smiles at her before giving her a small hug. “Thanks Cass. I think now I just need some time to think.”

 

-

 

Two days later Jimin is sitting on Hoseok’s couch watching a random drama not really paying attention when the doorbell rings. Answering the door Jimin is greeted by a courier who asks him to sign for some documents. Walking back to the couch Jimin looks at the package from Yoongi knowing that inside held their divorce. With shaking hands Jimin opens the package to find a letter from Yoongi.

 

Jimin,

 

When you read this letter I can guess you are going to do two things. First, you are probably going to ball your eyes out. Second, you are probably going to yell at me telling me I’m crazy. These two things are on opposite ends of the spectrum but when it comes to you I don’t doubt you will feel them both.

 

You are not the only one who remembers everything about our relationship. I too hold every memory in my heart. I know that this letter probably doesn’t make a lot of sense. You are probably wondering why I am giving you ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter