Chapter 4: Don't Fall In Love

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi and Jimin arrive back in Korea and are blessed with a few days off before they have to return to their lives. They spend their days playing basketball, watching movies, laughing, and cooking together. The more time they spend together the closer they get. Unfortunately, their days off are quickly over and Yoongi has to return to work. Jimin wakes up early to prepare Yoongi a nice breakfast before he leaves for meetings on his new album. Yoongi and Jimin enjoy their breakfast neither in a hurry to move on with their day. “Jimin let's go out for dinner tonight. Meet me at your favorite restaurant tonight at 7:00.” Jimin smiles and agrees.

 

Jimin’s day flies by and he finds himself standing outside the restaurant at 6:55. His stomach is tied in knots Jimin feels himself nervous on having what he thinks might be a date with Yoongi. Seven comes and goes and Jimin starts to worry about Yoongi. He tries calling and texting and gets no answer. After two hours of waiting Jimin gives up heading home feeling crushed. The illusion of the past few days crumbles around him. Going into his room Jimin falls onto his bed tears rolling down his face feeling stupid for thinking that things had changed between him and Yoongi.

 

Meanwhile Yoongi had been leaving his company to meet Jimin when Cassie grabs his arms pulling him to a cafe close by. Yoongi checks his watch watching as time moves by feeling guilty for leaving Jimin alone. As soon as he can he ditches Cassie and heads straight for the restaurant looking for Jimin. Not finding him he pulls out his phone and sees all of the missed calls and texts. Calling Jimin Yoongi gets worried when the phone goes straight to voicemail. Yoongi hurries home and sees JImin’s lights on. Knocking on the door Yoongi tells Jimin to open the door. Yoongi stands outside hurt when Jimin ignores him. Giving up Yoongi looks at the door longingly before giving up and going back to his room.

 

The next morning Yoongi wakes up early to make Jimin breakfast to make it up to him for standing him up the previous night. He goes into the kitchen to find a note on the front door stating Jimin would be gone until that night. Yoongi looks at the note and back into the empty house feeling the weight of silence around him. He had gotten used to the sounds of Jimin in the house the past few days.  

 

Yoongi waits all day for Jimin to return. Hours later when Jimin comes home he apologizes over and over again for Jimin to forgive him. After begging for what feels like forever Jimin finally forgives him. Yoongi smiles at that relief flooding through him but he can’t help but notice the distance Jimin seems to be putting between them. Shaking it off as nothing Yoongi grabs a movie and they settle on the couch to enjoy it. Halfway through the movie both boys have begun to relax with Jimin curled up cuddling with Yoongi. Yoongi’s phone starts to ring and he picks it up only to hear Cassie freaking out because she woke up alone in the emergency room. Yoongi tries to get her to calm down stating he will be there shortly. Jimin looks at Yoongi feeling his heart break all over again as he realizes that Yoongi will always choose Cassie over him.

 

-

 

The next day Jimin is practicing with Hoseok who is concerned with how distracted Jimin is. He keeps messing up simple steps. “Chim, what is going on with you?” Jimin hesitates not wanting to verbalize what he is thinking. Catching on Hoseok hugs Jimin. “Whatever it is, I can help but you have to tell me.” Jimin looks at the floor. “Cassie called last night. Something about being in the hospital and Yoongi left right away as if it was the end of the world.” Hoseok smiles softly before pulling Jimin in close. “Well, the answer is simple let’s go visit them.” Jimin goes to tell Hoseok that it’s okay but Hoseok grabs his hand dragging him out of the studio.

 

When they arrive at the hospital they find Cassie’s room. Opening the door Jimin sees Yoongi sitting beside Cassie holding her hand tightly reading her a book. Jimin feels his heart sink at the sight. Hoseok pushes Jimin into the room putting on his best smile. “Cassie, are you okay? Why didn’t you call.” Cassie’s face lights up seeing Hos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter