Chapter 3: No Skinship

The Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Cassie’s visit Yoongi ends up in his studio day and night working on his new album. Jimin gets very worried since he hasn’t seen Yoongi sleep in days. Fed up Jimin knocks on the door and when Yoongi doesn’t answer he opens it. When he enters he finds Yoongi on the floor. Panicked Jimin runs to him feelings his forehead. Yoongi is burning up with fever. Pulling him up to the couch Jimin runs to the kitchen filling a bowl with cold water Jimin runs back to the studio. Over the next few days Jimin stays up day and night nursing Yoongi back to health. More than once Jimin falls asleep on Yoongi’s studio. After a few days Jimin is happy to see that Yoongi’s fever has finally broken. Yoongi wakes up and sees Jimin sleeping curled up on the floor by his feet. Reaching down Yoongi brushes the hair off of his forehead covering him with a blanket a fond look on his face.

 

Walking out to the kitchen Yoongi heads to the coffee pot to make a fresh pot. Smiling Yoongi pulls out his phone when it begins to ring. Sighing when he realizes it’s Cassie he debates on if he should answer it. Deciding it would be okay he answers the phone. “Cassie, what do you want?” Cassie starts crying hearing Yoongi’s voice. “Yoongi everything is falling apart I don’t know what to do!” Yoongi starts to panic. “Cassie where are you I will be right there!” Yoongi grabs his keys running out of the house. He drives for what feels like hours until he reaches Han River. Running he finds Cassie sitting by the river a bottle of soju in her hands. Sitting next to her he pulls her into a hug. “Yoongi, why does everything have to change? When we were kids you promised you would take care of me no matter what. Is that offer still valid now that you have Jimin?” Yoongi hesitates a moment before answering. “Cass, no matter what happens I will always be here. I promised you didn’t I?” Cassie hugs Yoongi. “Yoongi, you have no idea how happy that makes me. The two sit in silence for a while longer before Yoongi feels his phone vibrate. Unlocking it he sees 10 missed calls from Jimin. Jumping up Yoongi heads home. When he opens the door he sees Jimin asleep on the couch his phone clutched in his hand. Yoongi walks over kneeling in front of Jimin guilt swimming in his gut for making Jimin worry.

 

-

 

The day of Yoongi’s comeback has arrived and Jimin finds himself sitting in Yoongi’s dressing room looking in wonder at the precision in which things are accomplished. Jimin looks over at Yoongi who is sitting in a chair getting his makeup done. Grabbing a bottle of water he takes it to him before reaching to check his temperature. Jimin is still shaken with fear that Yoongi is going to collapse again from exhaustion. When it’s finally Yoongi’s turn on stage Jimin stands in the wings watching the monitor with bated breath a silent prayer going up that Yoongi does well. A few seconds into the performance Jimin finds himself enjoying the show proud of how well Yoongi is doing on stage. When the performance is over Yoongi thanks his fans for coming. “I would like to give one more thank you to my husband Park Jimin. Without you I wouldn’t have been able to have such a great comeback.” Jimin can feel his face heat under the praise. Jimin watches in awe as Yoongi accept the award for the #1 song of the week. Suddenly he feels himself being dragged on stage as Yoongi hugs him sending his fans into a frenzy.

 

After watching Yoongi on stage Jimin decides it’s time for him to work harder to make his dream come true. Jimin starts spending every moment he can in the studio with Hoseok working on a new routine for the next round of auditions. After practicing for hours Jimin is coated in sweat. Turning Jimin sees Yoongi sitting in the corner watching him a small smile on his face. Jimin smiles at him. Hoseok runs up and back hugs Jimin for nailing the choreography. Standing up Yoongi grabs Jimin’s hand pulling him away from Hoseok a frown on his face.

 

The more time Jimin spends at practice with Hoseok the more surly Yoongi becomes. He finds himself getting angry at Jimin for every little thing. Sitting in front of his computer Yoongi throws his mouse down he hasn’t been able to work on a single song in days. He hears a knock on the door and Jimin enters his shirt still wet from dancing. “Yoongi, I didn’t have time to grab dinner. What do you want me to order?” Before Yoongi can stop himself he lashes out. “Wow, Jimin why even bother it’s not like you are doing anything of importance anyway. Dancing isn’t a career so just get over it and leave me the alone. Just because you wear that damn ring on your finger doesn’t mean your my husband.” Jimin is taken aback at Yoongi’s harsh words. While Yoongi can be cold he has never been cruel. Feeling tears sting his eyes Jimin places a shaking hand on the door handle. “Sorry Yoongi I didn’t mean to make you upset. I will leave you alone from now on.”

 

Jimin closes the door quietl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter