CHAPTER 8

COMPROMISE

8

It took a while before Sinb knew who messaged her in the middle of the night. She replied the message with 'I'll be there in two hours time' and hurriedly went to grab her things and stormed out of her unit. 

 

The place was obviously out of the metro area but she didn't mind the long travel. All she could think of right now was why did the messenger needed her in this kind of hour. She temporarily put her worries on Yerin at the back of her mind but promised herself that she will look for her as soon as possible. She just need to attend some matters regarding the message she received. 

 

The place where she arrived to was a bar owned by the one who messaged her. Sinb was brought back to her memories of the place as she was not really into the idea of her friend buying the place with the old bar. She thought that few people would go to a bar located at the province but her friend still insisted on the idea.

 

"I'm now here Sowon-unnie." Sinb said as she entered the lonesome bar. She saw a faint light at the back of the barita's corner and went inside. It was a whole different set up than the bar. It was like a house. No, more like a personalized headquarters. 

 

"Uh...Sowon-unnie?" Sinb said while looking at the entire different room. Last time she had been here, Sowon was still making plans on what the place should look like. Now, Sinb silently admitted that her unnie made a good job. "Sowon-unnie!"

 

But when Sinb didn't heard any reply, she became annoyed. "Hey Giraffe! I didn't hurriedly went to this area just for you to not show up!"

 

"Aish this kid!" Sowon finally replied. She went out of one of the rooms with a frown on her face. "Could you not get annoyed for a minute there? You're basically shouting my name when I heard you loud and clear on the first call."

 

"You could answer in the first place right?" Sinb said still annoyed at her unnie. "Why'd you messaged me in this hour?"

 

Sowon suddenly smiled and grabbed Sinb's arm. "You'll thank me once you get to know who I picked up tonight."

 

Sinb let  Sowon drag her to the room the latter just went out to and when she finally came inside, she saw Yerin sleeping in a bed. Sinb was surprsied that Yerin was there and looked at Sowon confusedly. "H-how--"

 

"Oh you could thank me first," Sowon said as she let go of Sinb's arm. "I never knew Sinbeagle's charms could get a pretty lady like this one."

 

"Yah!" Sinb said while hitting Sowon's shoulder. "Don't talk like that!"

 

"Keep quiet you dork!" Sowon  exclaimed albeit in a whisper. "I just tucked her to sleep and you wouldn't want to know the things I did just to make her sleep like that."

 

Sinb raised an eyebrow to Sowon signalling the older to continue. 

 

"Oooohhh," Sowon said while taking a seat on her couch near Yerin's bed. "You really want to know huh? Well, that stubborn lady sure has a way with her words and hands."

 

"What do you mean?" Sinb said innocently and Sowon just face palmed herself. 

 

"I shouldn't have told you if you were this kind of idiot," Sowon and earning another slap from Sinb. "You might get the highest of grades but you're sure an idiot on this one."

 

"You better take that back Giraffe." Sinb said and it was Sowon's turn to hit her. "Yah! just tell me how you found her."

 

Sowon cleared and looked at Yerin and then to Sinb. "Actually I had no idea who she was at first when I saw her walking on one of the streets here. But when I approached her, I was surprised that it was her. She was heavily drunk and when she saw me, she kept mentioning that she doesn't want to go home yet and since I don't know where she lived, I brought her here."

 

Sinb looked at Sowon the whole time and the latter smiled even more. "You want to ask me how you are related to this right?"

 

Sinb nodded and Sowon laughed seeing Sinb looking ever more interested. "I went to change her clothes when she suddenly clung to me and mumbling your name. I thought it was just random mumbling but she kept on repeating your name. Funny because I know she ran away,  but instead of missing her parents, I think she misses you more. Oh and I just want to tell you that she's been mumbling some traits of you that I just had to call you. Sorry, but my instincts says that it's you she's referring to and you know how accurate my instincts are right?"

 

"Well, I, on the other hand  doesn't trust that instinct of yours," Sinb replied after replying to Sowon. "But sure. You guessed it right this time."

 

Sowon patted herself for a job well done and was about to ask how Sinb met her but with Sinb diverting her attention to the sleeping body next to hers, Sowon knew she have to give Sinb some alone time. Her questions could wait she thought. "I'll just close the bar. Call me when you need anything okay?"

 

Sinb nodded and waited for Sowon to get out of the room and when the latter did, she took a seat beside Yerin who was sleeping soundly. She was dead worried about Yerin's whereabouts and now that the girl was in front of her, she couldn't help but stare and miss Yerin. Added to the longing stare Sinb was giving was the fact that Sowon told her that Yerin just might miss her more.

 

"Where did you go unnie?" She whispered at Yerin endearingly careful not to wake the girl up. "Everyone was looking for you."

 

She gently removed some stray hairs on Yerin's face but was caught off guard when the latter suddenly squirmed and opened her eyes. 

 

"Hey there," Yerin said in a hoarse voice. "You'll take me home risshh??"

 

Yerin was still drunk, Sinb thought as the latter were mumbling some words that are indescribable. She patted Yerin's head and told her to just sleep but Yerin suddenly sat up straight and suddenly hugged her. 

 

"U-unnie?" Sinb said unsure of what to do. It was her first time dealing with a drunk lady and just what might be her crush at that. 

 

"Hmm?" yerin hummed under her breath and Sinb swore her body shivered when Yerin's breath hit her neck. "God, you smell like her."

 

Sinb frowned at the mention of a 'her' and got confused as to who was Yerin referring to. "Like who unnie?" She knew that Yerin might not give her a straight up answer since she's drunk but asked Yerin anyway.

 

Yerin clung to her like a koala from her tree, all her weight pressed on Sinb but she didn't budge. "C'mon unnie, you need to rest properly."

 

"You really smell like her," Yerin mumbled as she hugged Sinb tighter then let out a small laugh which made Sinb tensed up more with Yerin's breath hitting her skin. "You know, I have excellent sense of smell and I could clearly remember scents even if it's the first time I smelled it."

 

Sinb doesn't know if she should know that or if that even is note worthy, but just agreed to what drunk Yerin says hoping that the girl could go back to sleep already since her heartbeat couldn't take it any longer.

 

"And you happen to share my Sinb's," Yerin mumbled again. "I like how she smell you know? She smells like mint."

 

"W-what did you say?" Sinb stuttered with cheeks flaming red. She never thought Yerin could say that like she owned her. And with that, she was sure that her heartbeat ran another lap inside her chest and her hormones jumping at the thought. Sinb clearly liked it.

 

Yerin leaned away from Sinb and Sinb knew that Yerin doesn't recognize her because she's drunk. Yerin smiled and her eyes gave out crescents as she looked at Sinb. She held out her hands to Sinb's face which made the latter froze. "I said you smell like Sinb. Oh! You also looked like her!" Then she pinched Sinb's cheeks. 

 

"Oww..." Sinb said as Yerin was still pinching her cheeks but didn't removed the latter's hand in her face. Then suddenly, as if Yerin heard her, she stopped her pinching and looked at Sinb directly. 

 

Something with Yerin's stare burned Sinb and the younger became nervous as ever when she doesn't recognize this new feeling her inner self was giving her. Yerin sure looked drunk but her stare she was giving Sinb was intense. There was longing in her eyes as her orbs locked with Sinb's image and more when Yerin's eyes dropped on Sinb's lips. Sinb followed Yerin's gaze and it got her more nervous.

 

"I wonder if..." Yerin trailed her words out as she was leaning in close to Sinb her fore finger tracing Sinb's lips gently.

 

"U-unnie?" Sinb said nervously then came Yerin's lips crashing on her own.