CHAPTER 6

COMPROMISE

6


"Everything should be in order tomorrow okay?" Hye Jun ordered their maids. He was busy preparing the rest house for a very important guest in which he have no plans on telling his curious wife. 


Jessica could only stare at the man giving his instructions to the maids. She knew that her inkling won't be answered by the man knowing his nature when its about work. Instead, she focused her attention in solely observing the things her husand was particularly keen on changing.


Once Hye Jun was done, he turned around to see Jessica seated at their sofa watching him. Hye Jun contemplated if Jessica would ask him what it was but decided to give away the information his wife might want to hear. "I'm planning to have a bbq party tommorow night."


"What does it have to do with the tapestries getting changed?" Jessica inquired. "Surely we won't want to smoke ourselves inside the house right?"


"Well I just thought a change won't harm," Hye Jun replied. "And also, I have guest coming over. Hope you don't mind."


Jessica slightly frowned at her husband when she heard that they'll be having a guest tomorrow. She thought that Hye Jun brought them to their rest house to bond and his time would be solely focused on his family. But maybe, she thought, she's expecting too much for a man to change overnight. "Isi it about some business?"


"Kind of. But I promise you that it will not hinder this bonding I have with you dear," Hye Jun promised. He couldn't tell it to his wife yet. Maybe tomorrow he would but not now.

 
"Just make sure that Yerin would know this," Jessica implied as she stood up from where she was seated. "You know how much your daughter misses your attention."


"I know," was all Hye Jun could say.

 

----

 

 

'What the hell did I do?!' Yerin frantically thought as she locked herself in her bathroom.


She was sure one minute that they were talking about her dad and she couldn't help but to let out what she was feeling inside to Sinb. But then, something added up to the emotional build up she had when Sinb erased the distance between them and hugged her. She knew that it was a gesture to comfort her since she's been crying but the she found that the hug was 'too' nice and warm for her. She couldn't help herself but to scoot closer to the one she wanted to be 'friends' with.


But never in her wildest dreams and imagination to straightaway kiss her! That was not planned! Yerin went to the sink and splashed her face with water to cool down herself. Sinb's image suddenly clouded Yerin's head again as she remembered the scene where her nose touched Sinb's and she's about to do the deed. Yerin shook her head to erase it. 'What should I do now?! Obviously, it would be too awkward for us and she'll have to stick with me until this vacation is over. Oh, good Lord, what should I do?!'


She tried to fish her phone from her pocket as she thought on calling Joy or Eunha about this but then retracted her hand as she decided that it would be a terrible idea. She will only be teased by those two once they knew that she just tried to kiss Sinb. She knew she have to clean this mess she made herself. Maybe a sorry would be okay, she thought, but she felt that it wasn't right. 


She paced back and forth inside the bathroom contemplating whether she should apologize or not when she heard a knock outside the bathroom door. 


"Yerin-unnie? Are you there?" 


She knew it was Sinb right away and by the sound of her voice, the latter looked worried. "I'm here, dont' worry! I just uhhhh... felt the need to use to the comfort room for awhile." She reasoned. 


"Okay. I'll be at the door of your room. Call me if you need anything else."


"Thanks!" Yerin treid to answer cheerily. Then she slumped her hands on the sink to continue dealing with her dilemma. 


"Uh Yerin-unnie?"


Yerin thought that Sinb was gone when she heard the other speak again. "Yes Sinb?"


"I know I shouldn't talk to you like this but I know that you've been bothered about what happened earlier." Sinb started. Sinb knew that that was the reason Yerin ran away from her. She knew that the girl was embarassed and Sinb thought that if she hadn't stopped Yerin on what she's supposed to do, maybe Yerin would come to her like nothing happened. After all, Sinb knew who Jung Yerin was. A flirt.

 
"N-no I'm not," Yerin stuttered.

 
"I know you are," Sinb answered back. She could feel the uneasiness of the girl on the other side of the door. "If you're okay with it, we could just forget that it happened and that you're so emotional back there and needed some support. We could forget it all happened."


Yerin wanted to agree with Sinb's proposal but something tells her that it's not the wisest decision. 'But it's better like this right?'

"Yerin-unnie?"


"Uh yeah," Yerin answered when she realized that she haven't replied yet.


"Okay unnie," Sinb said but the way she said it carried some disappointment. "You start forgetting it so we could not feel this awkwardness between us." Sinb said and turned her back on top to go to her post but was stopped when Yerin answered back.


"Why do I get that it's only I you're telling me to forget what happened?"


Yerin was still looking at her reflection in the mirror while waiting for Sinb'e answer. Little did she know that the latter's answer would take her by surprise. 


"Because I don't mind unnie. If ever, I should've just kept my mouth shut back there."

 

 

----

 

 

The day had arrived for Hye Jun without his wife and Yerin noticing anything unusual. He just finished his call with Oh Se Jung and the latter said that any minute would they arrive at the rest house. After he finished the call, he went back to where his family was who were busy preparing bbq.


"Taste this," Yerin offered her grilled pork to Hye Jun which he gladly ate. "How's the taste?"


Hye Jun, while munching the food, gave a thumbs up to his daughter and Yerin was more glad that she went to look for Sinb to offer her grilled pork. Hye Jun went to his wife who was busy preparing cocktails for the family. 


"Want some?" Jessica offered and gave her husband a drink. "So when's your guest coming over?"


Hye Jun finished his glass in one shot and answered his wife. "Any minute now dear."


"Hope your guest would like our little party then," Jessica commented.


"Of course they would,"


While the pair was busy preparing the drinks and arranging the table where they could eat, Yerin was happily forcing Sinb to eat the grilled pork she made. 
After their conversation, Yerin decided to put the incident at the back of her mind and promised herself to think about it once the bbq party is over. How could she just let go of the little incident when Sinb just said to her that she didn't mind? And how could she react normally when Sinb just downright told her that if she hadn't spoken up, they could literally kiss on the spot. Yerin thought that she will dwell on these thoughts later on and what's important was that they were back to normal. 


"C'mon Sinb! Eat some more, here, eat this," Yerin said as she shoved another grilled pork to Sinb's mouth. "You should eat more Sinb. I mean, look at you with this thin frame!"


Sinb on the other hand couldn't stop Yerin even though she really doesn't want to eat. She forcefully swallowed the grilled pork Yerin just shoved to and gave the girl a weak smile. 


Just then the head security went to Hye Jun informing that their guest have arrived. Having reported by the head security, Se Jung and his son came into view.

"Mate!" Se Jung exclaimed as he anf Hye Jun shook hands.


Hye Jun introduced Se Jung ad his son to his family and they went to the table he and Jessica had prepared. When they gathered, they continued their greetings and talked about things SInb doesn't want to know. All she knew was her work was nearing its end as the boy, whom Se Jung intorduced as Taehyung, finally met Yerin.