CHAPTER 4

COMPROMISE

4

Sinb felt her cheeks getting hot as she felt Yerin's gaze dropped on her. She knew this would somehow happen. No, more like something like this really would happen. This was why she can't seem to focus ever since she saw the picture the man she was working for gave her. 

 


Because it was her.

 


It was Yerin. 

 


Also add to the fact that she was being kept in the dark as to what her whole mission was and that alone was enough to keep her awake the past few nights. She doesn't know the real motive behind on why should she check up on whatever Yerin might be doing. Not that she don't want to know since the girl managed to catch her interest, but she felt that something might happen to Yerin--something that borders on the dangerous side with which Sinb surely doesn't want to happen. 

 


But there was one thing Sinb had learnt about Yerin ever since that first meeting they had.

 


Nothing would be enough if it's about her. 

 


There was this yearning in Sinb that wanted to know more about her. A silent craving that she knew she was silently getting under its influence. It was slowly burning her whenever an image of Yerin would pop out of her mind especially during those nights when designing a plan to finish her work. 

 


And she find those nights burdensome. Very burdensome.

 


She can't concentrate on her plan and found herself just thinking about this girl she had met at the detention room. Because of her, she was able to make 150 drafts for her plan (Sinb was only exaggerating here ;>) and imagine all scenarios that would play along with it. She knew that if observing her would only be her job, then she doesn't actually need to have an interaction with her. She could just stay in the shadows and observe. But something inside her stubbornly don't want the idea. 

 


And out of all the plans she made...

 

 


There she was, dressed in the stupid uniform.

 


She's not the type that would just jump to being a bodyguard and initiating interaction with her subject. But the girl in front of her was enough reason for her to do that. She knew she was forgetting her own SOP on her job, but the yearning to know the enigma that was Yerin to her, kept pushing her on edge that she finally gave in. 

 


She was too absorbed about her subject that sometimes she would slap her self to get her senses back. Sometimes she thought on banging her head on a wall just to keep her thoughts on Yerin at bay. But of course who would do that? Maybe someone who is obsessed but certainly not her. She was far too concerned to bruise her beautiful visual she have. And she was yet to admit that she was obsessing about the cute and adorable that was Yerin in front of her. 

 


Did she say cute and adorable? Oh hell, she did. But boy did she want to add one more thing to that.

 

 


Yerin, that day, was hot.

 

 

 

Sinb doesn't know if it's the weather, the heater switched on, or her hormones acting up. But in the way Yerin was in short skirt made her craving go berserk. 

 


How could she pull being cute and hot at the same time? That's no fair!

 


And did I told you that nothing was enough when it comes about Yerin?


Sinb swore that her infamous poker face betrayed her that day as she broke eye contact with Yerin after the latter's father introduced her to be his daughter's bodyguard. Yerin just kept staring at her that her father stopped what he was saying to look at his daughter. 

 


Sinb couldn't contain it anymore that her cheeks flamed a hundred shades at that and just bowed her head avoiding Yerin's gaze. Though she was confident about her looks, she can't help but shy away when Yerin was gazing at her. Just like the first time they met when she heard the other girl just came back at her with a flirty comment. 

 


There was something in those gazes Yerin had been throwing at her. 

 

 


Like she's the only one Yerin could see. 

 

 


And she can't understand why but the beast, she decided to name after all the burdensome nights, was like jumping inside her and made her heart throb maybe two hundred times its normal pace. 

 

 


She was liking it.

 

 


The idea that Yerin would only see her and only her.

 

 


Like she owns her.

 

 


And when she thought that her hormones got the best of that day, she was never more surprised to hear another comment from Yerin that would definitely make her knees go weak. 

 


"And besides, I think she would suit me just fine."


Sinb didn't care if those words were just an innocent remark from Yerin. All she cared that that day was how to control the hormones spiking up within her as she thought that the words emitted were laced with double meaning. Her hormones thought that Yerin was really putting some double meaning into that and they should rejoice--Sinb blamed her ing hormones from thinking as if they speak for themselves. 


---


Yerin was on her phone after her father introduced them to their staffs. You could tell that she was more than happy when she saw Sinb there that she dragged Sinb all the way to her room. 

"Don't drag me," Sinb said sternly to her. "I can follow you." 

Yerin turned her back and looked at Sinb. "Oh sorry about that. I just got excited in seeing you! You never knew how much I looked for you at campus but I didn't see you there." She gave Sinb her smile as she continued to hold Sinb's hand. 

 


Sinb, on the other hand, felt flushed at the thought of Yerin looking at her. "W-why are you l-looking for me?" She stuttered as she began to shy away again. 'Oh great Hwang. Just great. Should I clap for you because you stuttered in front of her? Jeezus me..'

 

"I think you got the question wrong," Yerin stated amused at the shying Sinb. She silently giggled to herself upon noticing how Sinb's cheeks would flushed red. "Shouldn't you be asking why I didn't look for you?"

 

Sinb looked at Yerin. "I don't know about that but I won't ask you that." She knew what was coming next and she braced herself, more so her cheeks, for the next thing she was about to hear. She just could feel that what would Yerin say next would make her insane.

 

Yerin laughed at Sinb's response. "I got nothing to hate about you so why shouldn't I be looking for you?" Then she tightened her hold on Sinb as she leaned closely to her. So close that she felt Sinb tensed when she intentionally let out a small smirk before whispering, "And besides, I've been meaning to tell you that you're hot in that day in leather pants, but boy you're equally as hot in that uniform."

 


Yerin leaned away in satisfaction when she saw Sinb trying not to squirm away with cheeks red as tomato. Did she just downright told her that Sinb's hot in leather pants? Yerin thought that that might give away something to Sinb that she clearly doesn't want to admit first. But she was too carried away and she decided that she'll ponder on that later on. 


"I'll just be making a call to Joy and Eunha so better behave." Yerin playfully added as she led the still shocked Sinb inside her room. Yerin left her standing in one corner of the room while she changed into a much comfortable outfit. And while it was comfortable, it was too revealing for Sinb's hormones to gaga over and over.

 

Sinb who was slowly regaining her composure followed her gaze at Yerin who was now lying on top of her queen-sized bed and having a call with her friends. She swore, she thought, she could have a heart attack any moment as her beast and naughty hormones were spiking up again. She deliberately turned her back to the seducing figure and can't help but put her fingers in her temple while trying to calm herself.

 

---

 

"Yerin-ah!" Joy said as Yerin called her. "How's life there?"

Yerin was done calling Eunha and decided to give Joy a call. She was also about to tell her that she'd met Sinb in their very own rest house. "I met her again Joy." She giggled. 

"Who?" Joy said in confusion. 

"Sinb."

"What?!" 

Yerin put away her phone in her ear when Joy practically shouted in disbelief. She discreetly looked over to where Sinb was standing and was glad when the latter didn't seem to notice something was unusual. She sighed knowing that and returned to her phone. "Yah! I told you I met her again." She whispered the last part as she didn't want Sinb to hear that what they were talking was about her. 

"In the rest house?" Joy asked. "How?"

"She applied as a bodyguard and she's to attend to me," Yerin explained while whispering. "God Sooyungie, you know how much I wanted to see her right?"

"Wait Yerin-ah," Joy interrupted Yerin. "How come she applied as a bodyguard? She's just a student. And care to share why are you whispering?"

Yerin giggled more and realized she was being too loud that she looked again at the direction of Sinb who was now looking at her clearly unamused and with a brow raised. She mouthed a 'sorry' and Sinb went to turn her back again. 

"I still didn't ask her about that but we'll get onto that later on," Yerin whispered while a smile was forming on her lips. "And she's here. I don't want her thinking that we're talking about her."

Joy was amused at the answer that she can't help but ask Yerin. "Let me guess ducky, you're in your room right now right?"

"Yeah," Yerin answered. "Why'd you ask?"

"And she's there with you inside."

"Uh-huh,"

Joy giggled at the her thoughts. "Can I ask one more?"

Yerin rolled her eyes confident that her friend won't see her. "You're already asking Sooyoung-ah."

"Are you in your volleyball uniform as pajamas?" Joy asked and Yerin answered yes. She contain any more of her laugh that she wiped her tears on the sides of her eyes. "Holy Yerin-ah, why would you do that?! Do you really want to get laid tonight?!"

Yerin blushed at the reply. Both well knew that their uniforms were a little bit too revealing on their thighs but they don't care about that, albeit they also knew that their uniforms was what dragged boys in their campus to cheer for their matches aside from their skills really. She didn't know why would Joy insinuate that maybe Sinb could feel the way those boys would feel when Joy haven't  even seen Sinb in the first place.


But the thought made her all the more excited in a way she don't want to put a label.


"I don't! I just feel comfortable in them!" She denied to Joy. She didn't want to admit that it somehow excited her senses. "I need to call this off Joy. Something came up. But I'll call again tomorrow." Yerin said as she turned of the phone. 


Her cheeks were painted bright red and Sinb had noticed this that she went near her. "Hey, are you alright?"

Yerin silently fanned herself as if the sudden fire would be put out. She looked at Sinb and smiled. "Yeah, thanks by the way." 


"Okay," Sinb answered her and went to her corner. 

Yerin followed Sinb with her gaze and asked, "You'll stay there all night?"

"Uhm," Sinb said before answering. "Of course not. I'll just be making sure that everything's alright before you sleep and will go out when you do."

"You could stay with me," Yerin offered. No, she was not flirting this time. But she wanted Sinb to stay the night and talk. After all, her talk with Joy will surely keep her awake. 


Sinb, on the other hand was flushed but decided that she'll win this time against her hormones acting up again. "T-thanks for the offer but I still have work to do after this." 


"Okay," Yerin said as she pouted. "See you tomorrow then Sinb."


---


"I also can't wait for the merge," the man said while putting another shot of liquor in his glass. The other line was also doing the same and they agreed to cheers on the phone. "for the merging!" The man said as he chuckled. 


Albeit the scene, Jessica heard about the merge and she couldn't help but feel an ominous feeling that her husband is into something.

 

---

 

I was about to post this one right after I finished posting Chapter 3 but my time didn't make it as I felt really drowsy after. I intend to post this one out earlier in the day but I received an email from work and had to attend to the email so it got delayed. 

 

I'm surprised myself that I'm able to write this story for consecutive days now. I thought when making the first chapter that I'd post the second one this coming Sunday but here we are with the 4th chapter already! I hope you enjoy reading this as I enjoyed writing and contributing here in aff :)

 

Got to take a break now. Take care!