CHAPTER 3

COMPROMISE

3

Yerin couldn't be more excited as  her long waited bonding time with her father finally came. With her renewed relationship with her father, she went back to being her jolly self, temporarily forgetting the enigma that was Sinb. Eunha and Joy noticed this sudden change in Yerin's demeanor but they stayed silent about it and can't help but be happy for their friend. 

Yerin felt that she could do almost anything that day that she woke up early than usual. She went to do her morning routine and chose a white tee and tucked it in her black skirt before going out her room. Her mother, Jung Jessica, noticed her going out with a smile in her face. 

"Someone woke up early than usual today," Jessica said while arranging the cushions of their sofa. "Mind telling why you woke up early?"

Yerin smiled more letting her eye smile see the start of day towards her mother. "I got excited about our trip. Also, I will meet Eunha today to buy some stuffs. You know some last minute shopping before going to the resthouse."

Jessica was happy to see her daughter in such a happy state. She couldn't wish more for her daughter than to see her happy, more so that her husband finally gave some time to spend time with their child. "But we have everything we need at the resthouse. You don't need to buy some more things."

"I know," Yerin said as she finished slipping in her sneakers. "But I just want to spend some time with Eunha since we'll be gone for three days."

"Alright honey," Jessica said as her eyes followed Yerin who was already heading out the door. "Just be back here on time. You wouldn't want your father waiting for you."

"Yes eomeoni!" Yerin exclaimed as she closed the door behind her. She went straight to their garage where their driver was waiting. "To Eunha's please."

The driver nodded once and went to open the door for her and went to do his task. 

 

---

 

The two men went to shake hands after signing the papers that would merge their companies. Kim Se Jung was particularly happy at the agreement they made that he invited his partner for a lunch to celebrate. Though the merging wouldn't be officially announced, he thought that a little celebration won't hurt their egos.

"I know the merge isn't on the official scale yet, but care to have a little celebration mate?" Se Jung asked his partner.

His partner chuckled at the word 'mate' but nonetheless gave Se Jung a 'no' this time. 

"Why?" Se Jung asked. "Or if you don't want us to jinx the merging then let's just celebrate being a family."

"I'm afraid I have to turn you this time," His partner said though a smile was plastered on his face. He fixed his tie for the nth time since they started the negotiations and seemed that the tie just won't cooperate with him. "I still have some errands to attend to, though I would want to have a drink with to celebrate our hard work, this errand of mine is just as important as this meeting we had."

Kim Se Jung raised a brow as if signalling his partner to tell what exactly is that errand. But he knew that it is not yet the time to interfere with his partner's business. "Well, if it's that impotant then let's just postpone the celebration. Maybe we could invite our kids when we celebrate eh?"

His partner laughed at the thought. 'I don't think she'll come for that kind of celebration, though I could pull a few strings about that.' He grabbed his suitcase and looked at Kim Se Jung. "That's nice. I would like to, but I really would need to go. I wouldn't want my daughter waiting for me at home."

"Have a nice day ahead then mate." Kim Se Jung said as he witnessed his partner closed the door behind him. 

 

---

 

"You sure have become more energetic Yerin unnie," Eunha commented as Yerin drove her home.  "You nearly cut my gases on that shopping spree. I just can't imagine what kind bruise in my ankle I'll obtain from all those running." 

She was tired from the shopping Yerin and her had made, add to the fact that Yerin's beagleness meter didn't seemed to slow down not even a bit. Eunha was happy to see Yerin finally getting along with her father, but sometimes, she wished Joy was with her so as to at least calm Yerin when the latter was excited. She thanked the heavens that when they accidentally stopped in a store to look for some shirts, she noticed the wall clock in one of the corners and was surprised that they've been shopping for the past four hours and that Yerin might be late for her trip. If it hadn't for that shop, Eunha knew, Yerin wouldn't be reminded of the time and maybe she would still drag her to another mall.

"Sorry, I just can't seem to shake this elated feeling I have," Yerin apologized. "And also, I just couldn't make time for my favorite dongsaeng for a few days that I'm this giddy to be with you!" Yerin hugged Eunha after that and tried to shower Eunha with her kisses but Eunha struggled to get away from Yerin.  

Yerin pouted sensing Eunha doesn't like to be kissed by her. "I haven't left yet and my bunny seemed to dislike me and my kisses," Eunha laughed at Yerin's face and hugged her unnie. 

"Aigoo this unnie," Eunha said while patting Yerin's head. "It's not like I don't like the kisses, I'm reserving it for someone."

Yerin pouted more but she's not hurt at the statement. She knew who Eunha wanted to have her first kiss, but sadly, that person doesn't even know that her bunny was crushing on her. Oh, did she mentioned a 'her?' 

 

 

That got Yerin thinking.

 

"Eunha-ya," 

"Hmm," Eunha hummed as she was busily fixing Yerin's bangs. They remained in their hugging position that some people may look at them like they were a couple. But who cares anyway? Not Eunha for sure, but something in their position and people side glancing at them made Yerin uneasy. She broke the contact and looked at Eunha.

"Since when did you know that you're into girls?"

"I don't know," Eunha replied. "I don't really dwell on the idea that I'm into that kind of stuff but I guess she made me." 

Yerin couldn't help but admire what Eunha had said. It seemed to her that Eunha already knew herself the day she met Sowon and she had accepted that maybe she's into the same . 

 

 

But it still got her thinking

 

 

If Eunha liked Sowon more than what should friends be like, just what is Sinb to her? 

 

 

She was sure a few days back that she only wanted to befriend Sinb though she couldn't seem to find the girl at the campus. 

 

 

Then, after Joy knocked some sense to her about her actions towards Sinb, something inside her became alive.

 

 

 Does she still want Sinb to be her friend or something more than that?

 

 

But if she settled on the idea about having something more with Sinb, just what would that make her?

 

 

The thought bothered her and she decided to shrug the idea. She thought that maybe it was because of the longing to see Sinb again that she's been thinking these kind of things. She haven't met Sinb after that stint at the detention room ever since. So she concluded that it's impossible for her to feel something that borders on that something more after their first meeting.  

 

 

"Why'd you suddenly asked me that?" Eunha innnocently inquired. 

Yerin silently shook her thoughts and faced Eunha again. "Nothing, I was just wondering how you managed to accept that side of yours that loves us girls." She gave Eunha her winks which the latter pretended to dodge.  "Yah! Even my winks Eunha-ya?"

Eunha laughed again at Yerin. "I told you unnie! I'm reserved!"

 

---

 

"You're work's simple Sinb. You can do it." Sinb told herself aloud after wearing the uniform the head bodyguard gave her. 

Her agency managed to pull some strings in order for her to work as a bodyguard for her mission. And so there she was inside the huge resthouse the owners would be occupying for days. The head of the security gave her some manuals about the house they were tasked to secure at all times and She managed to read those in an hour. She really doesn't need to since she already knew the architectural plan of the house before hand, but thought that a review won't harm her. 

After she was briefed about the security, she was introduced to one of the caretakers of the house. Sinb must admit that the caretaker was like a mother figure for her. She was nice and attentive to Sinb's needs. She showed Sinb her room which was located just beneath the master's bedroom. 

The room was neither large nor small, just enough space for her and she was contented in that. She won't stay that long, Sinb thought, so no need for a spacious one. She placed her things under the bed and decided to conduct a last minute inspection of the place. 

The house was located near the beach of which the owners still owned. Also, the place was located that will take three hours to travel from the city. A long ride it would be but the scenic view would sure be worth the travel. 

So when the owners arrived, Sinb heaved another sigh. She mentally repeated to herself that her work was simple and she needs to finish what she started. She fixed her uniform that she was never comfortable in wearing, since the women were required to wear skirts as uniforms, and started to walk out of her room. 

 

---

 

"This place still looked the same, " Jessica commented as she inspects the living room while Yerin and her father both slumped on the sofa. "It's been ages since we last came here Hye Jun."

Hye Jun looked at his wife and he agreed. He looked at Yerin who seemed to be amused at the sight of the beach facing their house. "I assume that you're liking what you see Yerin-ah," 

Yerin faced her father and nodded. "Couldn't be more happy than this." 

"Good to hear that,"  Hye Jun said. He looked for his attendant and checked the list of the security and other staffs. having noted that every personnel was complete, he told his wife and Yerin that they need to say hello to their servants. 

Hye Jun might be workaholic and seldom put attention to his family, but he's never the type of man that would take for granted the help he was receiving from his staffs. He knew that every job their servants are rendering is something to be always thankful for. The treatment for his employees was same to their servants and so people loved working for him. 

"Okay," Hye Jun said. "Let us meet our staffs here"

The staffs presented themselves along with the kind of work thay are particularly working until one of them caught Yerin's eye. 

 

 

She couldn't mistake it.

 

 

There lined up with her father's bodyguards, clad in a bodyguard uniform which she would never imagine the girl would wear, was Sinb. 

 

 

Suddenly, Yerin couldn't hear what her father was saying and her focus was only on the girl she'd been wanting to meet again. Everything became a blur except Sinb who was also staring back at her. 

 

 

Yerin indulged herself on staring back at Sinb. She froze when their eyes met and she knew she was starting to get drown again in those orbs. Her eyes was locked on Sinb's being. She knew was staring for far too long and that her father might notice, but she couldn't keep her eyes on checking the one she admitted to be gorgeous and hot altogether. 

 

 

And Sinb just proved her that. Yerin swore that if Sinb was hot as hell when she first saw her in leather pants, then the image Sinb was showing her now would bring Yerin in the further depths of hell. The skirt brought Yerin to imagine Sinb in that kind that's only available to older audiences and Yerin claimed that she was too innocent to be even thinking that. 

 

 

Yerin tried to suppress those thoughts as she heard her father say that Sinb would be the one in charge to look after her while on their stay at the resort. Yerin knew she should be happy but she can't seem to process what her father had said since her innocent mind can't seem to shake off the indecent thought. 

"Yerin-ah?" Jessica asked. 

"Ah..yeah yeah," Yerin said still looking directly at Sinb who was now bowing her head as if she's trying to avoid Yerin's gaze. "that would be great."

"Good," Hye Jun said. "I thought you won't approve having someone to check on you."

"No it's fine," Yerin answered. "I'll find it boring if I can't make a friend here." 

 

 

She focused her gaze again at what she thought to be Sinb shying and bowing her head. But when Sinb tried to look back, Yerin knew she needed to make a flirty comeback. "And besides, I think she would suit me just fine."

 

 

Sinb, who clearly heard that, can't help but think that what was stated by Yerin was laced with double meaning. 

 

 

And she silently admitted that night, Yerin would also suit her just fine.

 

 

---

This is what late night reading made me. And to think that the cause of this chapter was one brought about by a history book about the famous mistresses of kings in Europe. I don't know if I somehow improved in writing but hey, being better doesn't take a night right?

 

Just to share this one guys. I already had an outline for this chapter so i wouldn't get lost. But somehow, my silly brain just kept on popping scenes that I just had to write. Do  you ever feel that sometimes? 

 

Niweis, thank you for your time reading this! 

 

See you later!