Date - Part I

Sliding into the DMs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol ends up asking Jihoon out on a date one faithful day during their videocalling sessions. He plans on meeting Jihoon when he comes back to their hometown on the second day of the week they're back due to spring break.

"I can't believe he said yes," Seungcheol says to Jeonghan the day before he was to meet Jihoon.

It's already spring break. The first day of spring break actually and they're scheduled to meet on the second day of the break. That gives Seungcheol exactly 24 hours to plan out everything in excruciating details.

"Honestly, does it even matter that your pants have to match the jacket he's wearing?"

"Yes! It does because that will give us something to talk about in case we ever run out of topics!" Seungcheol exclaims as he throws his hands up, staring intensely at his closet.

"And I thought Jihoon was the perfectionist."

"Can you just tell me what jacket he's going to wear?"

"It's a denim jacket."

"So I wear jeans."

"... yes, Seungcheol. You would wear jeans because jeans are made from denim and so is Jihoon's freaking jacket," Jeonghan grumbles out and rolls around in the latter's bed.

"You're here to help me pick out an outfit when I go meet Jihoon. Not here to eat all my secret stashes of snacks and sleep on my bed."

"That's the payment I require, Cheol. Your snacks and comfy bed."

"But that was my secret stash! I can't have snacks and you know that! I bought those to eat when I'm feeling a little weathered down," Seungcheol whispers out with a pout at the end, huffing like a child at Jeonghan.

"Well, your public stash of snacks are straight up trash! Who eats dried up grapes and freaking whole wheat oven baked chips!" the older rolls his eyes at the whiny tone of the older male.

"Excuse me but dried up grapes are called raisins, you moron and they taste... Decent. Though.. I don't know about those chips because I haven't tried them yet."

Seungcheol digs around his closet and pulls out a leather jacket instead, turning to face Jeonghan from across the room. "I like this one."

"What are you trying to go for? Biker Cheol?"

"Um.. Is that a no?"

Jeonghan signs and drags himself reluctantly off the bed to the closet. After some further digging, he pulls out a complete outfit which consists of mostly dark clothing to help enhance his naturally red lips and pale skin.

"Here, wear this."

"With the leather jacket?"

"Yeah."

Seungcheol beams at the other and starts changing into the clothes, staring at himself in the mirror. "Not bad," he hums and turns to smile at Jeonghan who merely gives the other more attitude.

"I'm gonna head back now that you have your outfit," Jeonghan says as he walks out of the bedroom and into the living room that leads straight to the outer door. "Bye Cheol. Good luck tomorrow!"

Seungcheol nods and follows the other out so he can close the door behind Jeonghan as he steps out into the warm spring weather. "Bye!"

He spins back around after locking the door and strolls to his bedroom where he resumes his pacing, worrying his lower lip between his teeth as he tries to think of a plan for the date.

Meanwhile, Jihoon finally arrived at his house, getting smothered with kisses and hugs from his mother who really missed her only child as his father watches from the sideline with a grin.

"Oh my god, Mom.."

"Sorry, Jihoon," his mother laughs and rubs her son's cheek affectionately. "You've lost weight!"

"I'm pretty sure I gained weight."

She ignores him and drags Jihoon into the kitchen. "Come come, you need to eat more."

"Mom! I've gained an extra five pounds in college!"

"That 5 pound is unhealthy! You gained it from eating snacks and instant ramen! Come eat some good healthy food."

Jihoon sighs but listens to his mother anyway, eating almost all the different sides he was offered with his rice and almost a third of a whole chicken. He must say, he really missed his mom's cooking.

After the meal which should be a serving for two, Jihoon climbs the stairs and heads up to his bedroom where he unpacks. It was then that he realized he had forgotten to bring his "date outfit" with him.

"Gosh darn it."

As a man who doesn't believe in wearing colors other than white, gray, and black, Jihoon spends the next two hours planning out an outfit and when he was finally happy with the style he chose, he had it folded neatly and set it aside for tomorrow.

-

Jihoon wakes up the next morning with his alarm screaming into his ear. Not a pleasant way to wake up but he does it an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter