Hotline Bling

Sliding into the DMs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been two weeks. Jihoon and Seungcheol had been talking to each other nonstop and Jeonghan can always occasionally catch Jihoon giggling by himself in the corner like a teenage girl in love. Sometimes, he can even catch Seungcheol bringing up Jihoon for no damn reason when they're chatting and by now, Jeonghan can say for sure that they're whipped for each other. Whether who's more whipped, he doesn't know.

However, he does know that he will figure it out sooner or later and drag those two lovebirds together so they can meet in real life and perhaps, Jihoon can finally date and Seungcheol can finally forget about that ex of his. Or maybe, Jeonghan's hoping for too much.

"Why don't you just call him?" Jeonghan said while he's on the phone with Seungcheol who has been trying to understand how Jihoon sounds like with Jeonghan's descriptions.

"I-"

"You haven't thought about that?" he scoffs, "what are you, an idiot?"

"Hey!"

"Gosh, you're helpless."

"But what do I say to him, Jeonghan?.." Seungcheol whines into the phone. "You know he's extremely sassy and will probably shut me down if I call him for no reason at all and out of nowhere too."

"Just ask him if he's free to talk, Cheol. It's not that hard."

"You make it sound so easy!" Seungcheol gasped out and huffs a bit through the phone.

"Because it is easy! You're making this so complicated on yourself!" Jeonghan scolds him.

"You're no help, Jeonghan."

Seungcheol hangs up on the other and decides to mull over this in bed.

~

It took a few days but Seungcheol finally gathered up all his nerves to call the smaller male. He had spent every hour in bed, rolling around and thinking of a reason to call the younger. However, he couldn't come up with any and decides to just call and figure out what to say later. Let's wing it.

"Hello? Jihoon?"

Silence in the other line and immediately, Seungcheol freaks out, thinking that he called at the wrong time or maybe this isn't even Jihoon's number. Oh no, what if Jihoon isn't real?

"H-Hi... Seungcheol," a soft voice from the other side brings Seungcheol back to reality. 

He can't help but grin like a fool from how adorable Jihoon sounds.

"Hi.." he breathes out quietly, "am I calling at the wrong time?"

"No.. It's fine. I was just finishing up some of the songs," Jihoon says quietly to him. "What's up?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to call and hear your voice."

Silence from the other side and once again, Seungcheol is sent to the panic room, freaking out. But just like before, the voice comes back and calms him down almost immediately.

The effect Jihoon's voice has on Seungcheol is surprising. Maybe even to the point that it's scary as they just heard each other's voice for the first time in their lives. Seungcheol can only hope that he's having the same effect on Jihoon. (Trust me, it is because Jihoon on the other side is also grinning equally like an idiot while his stomach flutters with butterflies and all that jazz.)

"You're ridiculous," came the voice, and Seungcheol could hear that Jihoon was smiling on the other side which made him grin even harder — if that's even possible.

"I know," the older chuckles and they fall silent for a few seconds. Seungcheol gets nervous and immediately opens his mouth to rid the silence.

"So," they both ended up saying at the same time which caused them to laugh. Such a pretty laugh. Seungcheol thinks to himself.

"O-Oh.. Thanks," Jihoon whispers and Seungcheol straight up turns red. Guess he didn't really think it and said it out loud instead. How embarrassing. Maybe there will be a day where Seungcheol doesn't embarr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter