Chapter 5

Rich Love

 

[Miki]

I didn't want to go home for my family to see me so I went to Maya's house. I needed my best friend to talk to. She knew something was wrong when she opened the door and saw me crying. She took me to her room, then gave me hot chocolate.

"What happened? What's wrong?" she asked.

It took me a while to answer her, but I eventually said, "I saw Rei kissing another girl." First she was surprised, then sad, and finally angry.

"That jerk! How could he do this to you?! He knows how much you like him! I'll kill him!" I stopped her before she could do something stupid.

"It's okay. I think it was his fiancé anyway. It wasn't like we were dating or anything," I said. She sat down next to me.

"But he needs to think about your feelings. Wait. How did you catch him anyway?" she asked.

"I was supposed to meet him at the big Christmas tree in the city," I answered.

"But why would he kiss her when he knew you were coming to meet him? It doesn't make any sense," she pondered. I never thought of it that way. Did he kiss her...or did she kiss him? But why was she there? There were so many questions!

"Maya! There's someone at the door for you!" her mom called. She ran downstairs to the door. Downstairs, I could hear her yelling at someone. I walked down to see her yelling at Rei. We made eye contact and all I could think about was that kiss. I looked away, tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Can we talk Miki?" he asked.

"No, you can't talk to her! You really hurt her you know," Maya angrily told him.

"I didn't ask you. I asked Miki. out," he told her getting rather annoyed.

" out?! I'm her best friend, so I have a duty to--" Maya said.

"Okay. We can talk," I said interrupting her. I walked down the stairs and out the door, with Rei following me. We stood without saying anything for a while. Rei finally broke the silence.

"I'm sorry. I should of told you, but I couldn't find the right time to and I didn't know how to tell you," he said.

"It's okay. I understand now. You didn't have any obligation. Maybe we weren't fated to be together. And I'm okay with it," I said. I stopped crying as I looked up at him.

"But, no matter what, you will always have a special place in my heart. I will always love you," I told him. I turned to go back inside. Rei walked up behind me and hugged me.

Then he said, "I don't want to marry her. That's why I asked you to meet me so I can tell you that. But Aya came, then she kissed me. I never wanted to hurt you. You're the only one I love. The only one I want to marry. The only one I want to be with." I couldn't believe it! He loves me and wants to be with me! I turned toward him and saw him crying, so I cried too. Then he leaned toward me and kissed me. From that day on, we were forever together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 years later, me and Rei are living a happy life together. We were married 5 months after we graduated. Rei went to college to become a doctor, while I became an elementary school teacher. I am now pregnant with our second child. Our first child, our daughter Makino, is 3 and the most cutest child ever. Me and Rei are hoping to have a boy this time. If it is a boy, his name will be Jin and if it’s a girl, her name will be Kaede. Me and Rin celebrate two anniversaries: our wedding anniversary and the day when we first said I love you. I plan to live a happy life with Rin and the wonderful family I love.