Chapter 4

Rich Love

 

[Miki]

It was winter break now and my last year of high school is going to be great. I met the most amazing guy, Rei. We have our own little place, which is the roof, of the school. We go there every day for lunch. Kids at school think we're dating, but we're not. We've kissed, but only once. I'm thinking about all this while I'm shopping for Rei's Christmas gift, but I don't know what to get him, from him being all rich. As I'm walking, I hear a couple of girls talking about Rei, but I don't like what I'm hearing.

"What?! He’s engaged? With who? I thought he had a girlfriend?!" a chubby one said.

"No, they’re not dating. He said they were just friends. And he’s engaged to that blonde rich girl Aya Anders. Shes supposedly American," the tall blonde one said. I couldn't believe it! Does he know?! Of course he knows. Someone would of told him.

'Why didn't he tell me?' I thought. Come to think of it, he was acting strange this week, like he wanted to tell me something. If my phone hadn't played Rei’s ring tone, then I would of never answered it.

"Hello," I answered weakly.

 "Hey. Are you okay?" he asked. I could hear worry in his voice.

"Yeah I'm alright. Think I'm catching a cold," I lied. I couldn't tell him I knew. I wanted him to tell me.

"Can you meet me at the big Christmas tree at the in town? I have to tell you something," he asked after about 2 minutes of silence.

"Yeah sure. I'll be right there," I answered.

"Okay. I'll be waiting," he said hanging up.

'Will he tell me?' I asked myself. I started walking to town square. When I got there, I saw Rei...talking to his soon-to-be-wife. Then the most painful, heart-breaking thing happened. They kissed! Tears began to form in my eyes and I ran. I ran away from the memory, the pain...from Rei.

 

[Rei]

I don't know how it happened, but it did. One minute we were talking, the next she kissed me. As I pulled away, I looked around to see if any reporters saw, but all I saw was Miki running away crying. So I ran after her, but there were too much people to get through.

"Damn," I said to myself. I walked back to the tree, angry. But maybe it wasn't her? Maybe I was wrong? I sighed, because I knew that that was all crap.

"Rei! Are you alright? You just ran away and I was worried," Aya said when I got back. Truthfully, I wanted to hit her for screwing up what I had with Miki, but my mom told me to never hit girls, and I wasn't that kind of guy.

So, instead, I said, "I have to go." I left her there, looking hurt and confused. I didn’t care though. I knew I had to make things right. I had to talk to someone about this, so I walked to Takeshi's house.

"Hey man. What’s up?" he asked when he opened the door.

"I have girl problems and you're the expert on girls," I told him.

"Well come on in! Let’s talk girls," he told me with this happy look on his face.

"Tell me your problem," he said.

"Well Miki might have saw me kissing Aya," I told him.

"Well, it makes it worse if YOU kissed her. Did you?" he asked.

"No, she kissed me," I said.

"Well you need to talk to her. If you wait too long, it'll only make it worse. You should go now," he said. Wow, he actually gave me good advice.

"Thanks Takeshi. That was really helpful," I told him.

"Hey no problem! If you need any more advice, don't be afraid to ask," he said. I left, determined to get Miki back no matter what.