Chapter 3

Rich Love

 

[Rei]

What the hell was that all about? Maya just came in, grabbed Miki, and ran out. She came back 10 minutes later with this stunned look on her face.

I hurried over to her and asked her, "What's wrong?"

She looked at me and said, "You didn't tell me your family was rich." Oh, she found out.

"I was, but Takeshi interrupted me. I know I should of told you when we first met, but...I'm sorry." I didn't want to reveal my true feelings while everyone was watching.

"Good morning class. I'm Mr. Uchiha, your homeroom teacher. May everyone please take their seats." Miki walked away to sit down and I followed. We did our introductions.

While the teacher wasn't looking, Miki slipped me a note, saying "I forgive you." I smiled, but a thought crossed my mind: Did she forgive me because her feelings were true? Or was it because of all the money my parents make?

When lunch rolled around, reporters were already trying to get into the school.

"Wow. Didn’t expect it to be a lot,” Takeshi said looking out the window.

“Really?” I asked. I should of expected the roaches to come in a together. Figures. I already know CGC (Celebrity Gossip Central) showed up. They’re always trying to find dirt on me. I look at Miki.

‘What if she gets caught up?’ I started to walk over, but was blocked by people worse than reporters…fan girls.

“Rei!! Can you sign this please?!” I had to get out of there.

 

[Miki]

Rei looked like he was suffocating with all of those fan girls. Then he pushed out of the crowd, ran to me, grabbed my hand, and ran. It was as if we were criminals escaping from prison with those fan girls chasing us. I could barely keep up, because Rei was running so fast.

"I see a door. Turn, okay?" he told me. We ran through the door and up the steps. We ended up on the roof, waiting to see if they followed us. They didn't so we sat down to catch our breath. I looked around me. It was so beautiful up here! I stood up and walked to the gate, looking up at the sky and down at the school.

"It really is beautiful up here," I said.

"Yes, beautiful," Rei said. We stood there looking at each other until we had to go back to class. That was my first day and, after many weeks, I got to know Rei better.