Chapter 2

Rich Love

 

 

[Miki]

As I walked away, the kiss lingered in my mind. I can’t believe I had my first kiss with someone I just met! Despite that, it made my heart flutter. Could it be possibly love at first sight?

"Hey Miki!" Of course Maya had to draw attention to herself.

"Hey Maya. Do you know your homeroom yet?" I asked her.

"Nope. I was waiting for you. I wanted us to see if we had the same homeroom," she answered.

 "Oh, okay. Let’s go see then," I said. We ran to the far left to look for our names.

"Look! My name! Class 2C, Mr.Uchiha," Maya yelled. I looked for my name and there it was, Class 2C. I subconsciously looked for Rei's name and there it was. I smiled.

"Watcha smiling for? I know it’s not an I'm-in-the-same-homeroom-as-my-best­-friend smile but more like I'm-in-the-same-homeroom-as-the-guy­-I-like smile," Maya smirked.

"Well, I guess we're in the same homeroom." I jumped, surprised to see Rei standing behind me smiling.

"Yes, we are. When did you get here?" I asked.

"Just now. Hello again," he said to Maya. I looked at her and could swear I saw hearts in her eyes. She was drooling too much to even respond back.

"Do you want to walk to homeroom together?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah sure. Coming Maya?" I asked her, silently pleading her to. She just stared at Rei as if she didn't hear me. I sighed, defeated.

"Come on. Let’s go," I said walking. Everyone stared at us as we began to walk. I noticed jealous glares from the other girls.

'I wonder why everyone is staring at us. Is it because I'm walking next to an incredibly gorgeous guy?' I asked myself. As we neared our class, I could hear the other kids, but when we walked in, everything got real quiet, with more jealous glares.

"Come on," Rei said grabbing my hand and walking to two window seats in the back. They stared at us until we sat down and ignored them, and then they went back to their conversations.

I turned around and asked, “What’s going on?”

He looked me in the eye and said, “I think there’s something you should know about me. I’m—“ but he was interrupted.

“Hey Rei!!! What’s up man?!” A guy with bleach blonde hair and sky blue eyes walked over. He was incredibly gorgeous, but I thought Rei was better looking. This guy looked a playboy, while Rei was more of a gentleman. I looked at Rei and he was surprised to see him.

“Takeshi? Why are you here?” he asked.

“I heard you were transferring here so I did too,” he answered. What in the world was going on? Who was this guy anyway? Then he noticed me.

“Well hello beautiful. Wonder why I haven’t seen you sitting there before. I’m Takeshi Kuroda. What’s your name?” he asked me.

“I—I’m Miki Hayama," I answered nervously. Rei stood up...and he looked angry. Is he jealous?

"Can we talk?" he asked Takeshi while walking toward the door. Takeshi followed, but not before winking at me. Five minutes later, they were back.

"I apologize for my behavior earlier. It won't happen again," he said. Maya walked in before I could respond.

"Miki, why did you leave me? I--" She stopped when she saw Takeshi. She grabbed my hand and dragged me all the way to the girl's restroom.

"Maya...did you...drag me...here?" I asked between breaths.

"Do you know who that guy was? That was TAKESHI KURODA! His family owns that really fancy hotel in the city! The one all over Japan!!” she screamed. Oh.

“How do he and Rei know each other?” I asked.

She rolled her eyes at me and said, “Because he’s rich, too! Rei’s family owns banks! That’s where Takeshi’s family gets the loans for they’re hotels. And not to mention Rei’s mom owns famous hot springs and spas all over Japan!”