Even a glass bead can break

Do you love me?

Handyman Oppa was standing outside of the building talking to the youngest manager and two other men from the security team. They were talking about the possibility of the black hoodie guy turning up at the girls’ dorm tonight as he was there last night. The men are smoking and one of them outstretched his hand with the lit cigarette to Handyman Oppa, offering it to her. She politely rejects but all of them were shocked when out of nowhere, Eunha hold onto Handyman Oppa’s arm and yank it. Everyone was shocked and immediately throw away the cigarette they have in their hand and fan the smoke away from Eunha who seems angry

”Oppa, let’s go.” Eunha yanks Handyman Oppa’s hand forcing her to walk away from the group.

Handyman Oppa follows Eunha without saying anything. They walk towards the parking lot and Handyman Oppa gently pull Eunha when they are near her car. She opens the passenger seat’s door for Eunha and closes it after the younger girl has properly sits in the car. Handyman Oppa starts the engine and drives. Eunha did not say a word, neither do Handyman Oppa. Eunha just stares out the window in silence.

”I asked your manager and he said you only had one kimbap for lunch today. Let’s grab some dinner first and then we’ll go and buy the groceries.” Handyman Oppa caresses Eunha’s hand before getting out of the car that she parked a few metres from the restaurant.

Eunha sits still in the car without making any effort or shows any intention of leaving the parked car. Handyman Oppa then opens the passenger’s door and smiles at Eunha, ”even if you are angry, you have to eat. Then you are going to have a lot of energy to be angrier and could even scold people. Let’s go. I have already called them and ask for a table.” 

Handyman Oppa reaches for Eunha’s hand and leads her to the restaurant she had made reservation earlier while waiting for her. Eunha follows the older woman in silence. The restaurant is quite packed with customers but neither Eunha nor Handyman Oppa pays attention to them. They walked towards their reserved table and sit down. Handyman Oppa orders some rice, several chicken dishes and a soft tofu stew. She only knew Eunha likes chicken but she doesn’t know what type of chicken dishes that Eunha likes, so she ends up ordering a few chicken dishes.

Eunha sits by the window while Handyman Oppa sits at the outer part of the table, at a 90 degree angle from Eunha. Although the square table is small, enough for two person, Handyman Oppa always prefer to sits in this arrangement rather than sitting in front of or next to the other person. This way, it would be easier for her to talk to the person and they could sit closer but not in each other’s way. If she sits next to the person, their hands could be in each other’s way while eating, or if they sit facing each other, the plates could get in their way. 

They still sit in silence. Handyman Oppa looks at Eunha with her warmth and loving gaze. Finally, Eunha brakes her non-speaking strike.

”Do you smoke, oppa?” Eunha turns around asking Handyman Oppa with her red and teary eyes catching the older woman’s attention.

”No, I don’t.” Handyman Oppa answers while getting her jacket that she hanged on her chair and covers Eunha’s head. Handyman Oppa then switch her seat, and sits next to the younger girl who’s head is covered by her jacket.

”No one would be able to see you cry under this.” Handyman Oppa softly whispers to Eunha when she puts her head under the jacket. 

Handyman Oppa get her head out from the jacket when she senses someone is approaching their table. The restaurant’s worker is placing several plates of banchan on their table and stares at Eunha weirdly.

”We are playing a game. I’m going to mix the dishes together and ask her to guess what they are. Uhh, speaking of which, can we have this and this one.” Handyman Oppa pointed at some drinks on the menu to the waiter and mouthed ‘to make her more confused’ at the waiter who just nods and walks away.

Handyman Oppa sits close to Eunha that her shoulder and thigh are touching the younger girl’s. She purposely sits that way to let Eunha knows that she is there for her. Eunha holds Handyman Oppa’s hand tightly while crying in silence under the oppa’s jacket. After about ten minutes, the waiter brings out the foods Handyman Oppa ordered and carefully placed them on the table.

”No peeking, okay.” Handyman Oppa once again intentionally said something when she notices the waiter is looking at Eunha weirdly. Only this time, Eunha plays along and nods her head.

”I know you still have a lot of tears and crying left. But, you really needs to eat, Eunha. I promise you we can continue crying after this.” Handyman Oppa put her head under the jacket and looks at Eunha while wiping off the tears on the younger girl’s cheeks.

Eunha nods her head weakly and take a deep breath. With her hand still holding Handyman Oppa’s hand tightly she whispers ‘okay’ to the older woman. Handyman Oppa then removes the jacket that is over their heads and put it on the chair she first sits on when they arrived. 

“Do you want me to feed you?” Handyman Oppa asks while picking up a piece of the sweet and sour chicken and turns to face Eunha who just responded by opening , waiting for the chicken. 

Then Handyman Oppa feeds herself with a spoonful of rice and a piece of sweet and sour chicken. She feeds herself and Eunha alternately as Eunha is still holding her hand tightly. When Eunha sees the older woman is starting to have some difficulties eating the stew while feeding her, Eunha lets go of Handyman Oppa’s hand.

”Are you okay? Do you need anything?” Eunha’s sudden move causes Handyman Oppa to worry.

Eunha shakes her head. “Aniya. So you can eat comfortably.” 

Handyman Oppa just smiles at Eunha who is already picking up her chopsticks and starts eating on her own. The two of them eat in silence, fulfilling their stomach. Eunha finished eating and as soon as she puts down her chopsticks, Handyman Oppa gently grabs her hand and interlaced their fingers just like Eunha did before. The older woman just smiles without even turns to Eunha who is staring at her. Eunha sits back on her chair, tighten her grips of the older woman’s hand who is still eating. Handyman Oppa although didn’t look at Eunha, she rubs her thumb against Eunha’s hand to reassure her. This causes Eunha’s eyes to get teary again.

Since Handyman Oppa ordered a lot of foods and Eunha only eat a small portion of it, they could not finish it. Handyman Oppa asks the waiter to wrap the food up for them. Then they leave the table and waited at the counter fort their turn to pay.

Ever since Eunha stormed out from the practice room, she didn’t check her phone. So, while waiting for Handyman Oppa to pay the bill, Eunha fished out her phone from her pocket and see she has tonnes of unread messages, mostly from Gfriend’s group message. She unlocks her phone and starts to read the messages. 

A lot of the messages are from Umji and SinB asking her to buy additional ingredients from their original list. SinB even reminded her not to carry any of the shopping bags and ask her to let Handyman Oppa carries them all. SinB also said not to pay for the groceries and let the oppa pays for all of it and then listed almost twenty new things, mostly snacks and frozen foods like dumplings and sausages.

’Eunha unnie. Tell oppa to PAY FOR ALL THESE! Tell her I told you so.’ Eunha reads SinB’s text and smiles. It clearly shows that the second youngest girl in her group is still angry at Handyman Oppa.

Yuju and Yerin told her to get some dinner with the oppa before she gets home so she would not get sick of eating too late at night. Reading the text message makes her realise that she forgot to tell them that she already had dinner. 

‘Okay SinB, Umji, we will buy these new things for you girls.’

‘SinB, I will tell oppa that. Don’t worry, she won’t let me carry any of the bags even if I wanted to.’

’Yerin unnie, Yuju, sorry I forgot to tell you guys that oppa brings me out for dinner first before going shopping. We just had dinner. Thank you and sorry that you guys have to worry about me.’ 

Eunha replies to the Gfriend’s group message. Within seconds, Yerin replies to her message with a picture and the caption ‘we know, someone posted picture of you being fed by oppa.’

Then Yuju send a message asking her what games are they playing along with a picture of her head covered by Handyman Oppa’s jacket.

Ting! Now Umji sends a message. ‘I want to play games with unnie and oppa too. And unnies, did you notice that all oppa’s pictures people posted online usually only features her side or back. Even the one with Yerin unnie this afternoon.’ Another picture is posted on the group’s message. Only this time, it features Handyman Oppa and Yerin leaving the gym.

Eunha feels her hand moves slightly as the older woman turns around. This is because she had her fingers hooked at the older woman’s pant’s belt loop. She was facing the wall with her right hand holding her phone and her left index and middle fingers hooked on the oppa’s belt loop. So, she was not aware that the older woman has done paying the bill since she is too focus on reading and replying to the girls’ texts.

”Ready to go?” Handyman Oppa asks and Eunha nods in response. 

Eunha lets go of the oppa’s pant and walks next to Handyman Oppa to the car. Handyman Oppa opens and closes the car’s door for Eunha before getting into the car. 

“Umji and SinB gave a new list of things they need us to buy.” Eunha showed the text message on her phone to the older woman who reads it with a smile.

”Well, I guess it is a must for me to pay for all the things and carry them all too, then.” Handyman Oppa chuckles when she reads the text SinB sent.

”No, you don’t have to oppa. I have the company’s credit card. I can use that.” said Eunha.

”It’s okay. I have no intention to ask you to do that even without SinB’s warning.” Handyman Oppa smiles and leans over to Eunha, fixing the safety belt for her. Once again, her eyes become teary because of what the older woman did.

Eunha looks out the window when the tears begin to roll down on her cheeks leaving the older woman a bit shocked but didn’t stop Handyman Oppa from driving. Handyman Oppa reaches for Eunha’s hand and hold it while letting the girl cries silently. Eunha turns around to look at the older woman who has her eyes fixed on the road ahead, one hand on the steering wheel and another one on Eunha’s lap holding her hand. The older woman just rubs and squeezes her hand gently in response.

“Oppa...” Eunha call the older woman in between her sobs.

”Emm...” 

“Do you live alone?” Eunha asks, while the question is rather strange to ask at this moment, Handyman Oppa still answers, “yes”.

“Aren’t you going to ask me anything?” Eunha asks again when the older woman didn’t say anything ever since they met a few hours ago.

”Well, you are going to tell me anyway. I was going to ask you after we do the groceries. People might think I did something to you if you cry at the supermaket.” Handyman Oppa said while still holding Eunha’s hand and turns the steering wheel to the right entering the supermarket’s car park.

”Is that all you care about? SinB’s list of things to buy?” Eunha suddenly feels angry with the older woman’s answer asks her while letting go of the oppa’s hand.

Eunha’s sudden rage shocked Handyman Oppa a bit. She gulps couple of times while looking for a vacant parking space for her to park the car. Once she parked the car in a space that is not too packed with cars and slightly far from the entrance, she turns around to face Eunha.

“No, not because of SinB’s or Umji’s list. Because this pretty face of yours is going to get swollen and you can’t open your eyes if you cry too much. I was going to let you cry all you want after this.” Handyman Oppa explains herself. After a few minutes, still no response from Eunha.

”Hey...” Handyman Oppa calls the younger girl who still has her back to her.

“Okay, let me get the things on the list quickly. And then, we’ll talk. You just stay here in the car.” Handyman Oppa then asks Eunha for the list which causes the younger girl to undone her seatbelt and gets out of the car.

Handyman Oppa sigh before getting out of the car, thinking to herself that tonight is going to be a long, rough and tiring night. She needs to get some cola to drink so she could sort this mess out and then drives for two hours to Gangneung. 

After about 45 minutes of shopping with an angry young girl resulted in a trolley full of chocolates and things that are not in the groceries list. Handyman Oppa unloads the cart into her car while the annoyed Eunha just sits in the passenger’s seat. Handyman Oppa returns the trolley and let out a long sigh trying to brace herself to face Eunha who is looking super annoyed now.

“Okay. Let’s talk. We’ll go somewhere else to talk.” Handyman Oppa said before driving the car leaving the supermarket.

”How bad is it? What did she do to you?” Handyman Oppa asks as soon as the car is parked at a quiet park.

”Oppa, you live alone right? Can I come to your house, please?” Eunha said not answering the older woman’s questions.

”I do live alone. Yes, you can come to my house anytime. The passcode is 143690. Now, what happened? Did she do something to you or is it something she didn’t do?” Unlike the previous night, Handyman Oppa asks Eunha directly.

Eunha shows her phone to Handyman Oppa. On the screen there’s a text message from Sowon saying ‘hey’. Handyman Oppa looks at Eunha before letting out a sigh. 

“She accused me of texting you earlier when you came in to the practice room to give Yerin’s bag. She sent me this message this morning and I don’t know what she meant, so I didn’t reply. Then, after practice she asked me about it and when she saw you, she accused me of not replying her text, instead texting you asking you to come and pick me up from practice. She even asked me if I was seeing you.”

“Aish this idiot!” This is what Handyman Oppa wanted to say but she held it in, instead she curses Sowon in her mind.

”I didn’t eat much for lunch because she didn’t text me to remind me like she always does. She texted me this morning, hey? What does it means? I don’t know. I didn’t reply. When she got the chance to talk to me, she didn’t even ask me did I ate lunch? Am I okay? She just ask me why didn’t I reply her text and then suddenly accused me of texting you. How could she asked me if I’m seeing you? Even if she doesn’t loves me anymore, how could she asked me that?” Eunha’s bursts into tears.

Handyman Oppa honestly have nothing to say right now. There is literally nothing she can say to Eunha right now other than cursing Sowon which would not be a good thing to do right now. Even if Sowon is right here, she would have not say anything and just smack the back of her head to let her come to her senses. The older woman scoots and sits on the edge of her seat to wrap her arms around Eunha. Three minutes in, her bottoms started to sore because part of her buttock was sitting on the hand brake and the other was on the edge of her seat.

”Hey, your body is going to get sore if you are leaning like this. We should use the backseats.” Handyman Oppa suggested to Eunha who just nods her head weakly.

Part of the reason the older woman suggested that is for her buttocks and another is really for Eunha. She is leaning on the older woman’s body who is slightly higher than her because she was sitting on the hand break. Both of them are in an awkward position, their body will surely sore the next morning. Since it is more comfortable at the backseats, Eunha’s crying has not stopped for the next twenty minutes. Handyman Oppa just wraps her arms around the younger girl without saying anything to stop the girl from crying. 

“Oppa, can I go home with you tonight? Just for tonight, please? I can’t go back to the dorm. I don’t want to go back to the dorm. Please.” Eunha begs Handyman Oppa still sobbing.

Handyman Oppa is torn between saying no to Eunha since she has to go to Gangneung or yes to Eunha since the girl is in a bad condition and she knows how difficult it would be for the younger girl to go back to the dorm and being in a same place as Sowon. She wanted so bad to say yes, it would not be a problem for her to bring Eunha to Gangneung with her because she has her own room at the lodge and she could check on her regularly as they usually have short breaks during the training. But, it could be troublesome for the younger girl as it will make the situation with Sowon worsen. 

While Handyman Oppa is busy thinking what she should do in this situation, Eunha is still sobbing. It aches her heart to hear the sobbing girl begging her not to send her back to the dorm and let her stay with her, but it seems impossible at this moment. Handyman Oppa thought of letting the girl stays at her apartment by herself but the image of the black hoodie guy appears in her mind making her worries if something unwanted might happen to Eunha. The only thing that is possible and the safest option for Eunha is going back to her parents’ house.

”How about your parents’ house? I will call your CEO and asks his permission for you to get some time off. Okay?” Handyman Oppa suggested to the still sobbing Eunha.

”Why can I come with you?”

”I don’t mind you staying with me. I know it’s hard for you to go back to the dorm right now. But, I have some work to do outside of Seoul over this weekend...so... I don’t want to leave you alone in my apartment.”

”I’ll come with you then. We don’t have any schedule this weekend.” Eunha’s sobbing begins to subside. She looks at the older woman with her puppy eyes trying to coax her to say yes to her request.

”It’s in Gangneung. You will be tired. And I don’t want to make it worse for you and Sowon...”

”She did this to me. Why should we think about  her? I don’t think I can see her right now.” Eunha who has calmed down a bit started to talk clearly without sobbing too much.

”I know. Let’s go back to your parents’ house. I promise you I’m not going to let you see her tonight. I will do whatever it takes, but you are not going back to the dorm tonight.” 

Eunha just nods her head weakly and softly says thank you to the older oppa. She just sends Handyman Oppa out of the car to call the CEO of her music company with her sad eyes. Eunha closes her eyes that are swollen because of her crying and just laid back on the seat. She can hear vaguely the older woman talking to the CEO. After a few minutes the older woman get back into the car while holding out the phone to Eunha.

The younger girl opens her eyes when Handyman Oppa calls her name. She was a bit shocked to find the CEO is on the screen of the oppa’s phone. 

“Eunha-ya, are you okay? I’ll call your parents and tell them you that you are going back home for the weekend. D will drive you home, okay? Get plenty of rest, eat your mother’s cooking a lot, okay? You can come back to the dorm on Monday night.” The CEO said to Eunha in a fatherly loving voice. He looks saddened by Eunha’s swollen face and cracked voice when she greets him that he actually added an extra day off for Eunha from the original request put forward by Handyman Oppa.

Eunha nods and says her thank you to the CEO feebly. Then the CEO asks her to let Handyman Oppa back on the phone. Handyman Oppa gets out of the car and talk to the man for another minute before ended the call. The older woman then get into the driver’s seat and tell Eunha that they will go back to the dorm first to put the things they bought earlier and then to her parents house. Eunha didn’t say anything, she just gets out of the backseat and gets back in to sit in the passenger’s seat next to Handyman Oppa. Just like before, Eunha stares out the window while Handyman Oppa drives in silence with one hand holding Eunha’s hand tightly.

****

“What are you doing sniffing Eunha’s sweater?” Yerin asks Sowon who is sitting on her bed holding Eunha’s sweater that she left in the practice room.

”I miss her.” Sowon answers.

”She’s going to be back. She is just out to do some groceries shopping.” Yerin said looking at the unnie in confusion with her behaviour.

”Is she? What if she doesn’t come back to me?” Sowon’s voice cracks and she started to cry.

”Eh? Unnie, did something happen between you guys?” Yerin sits on Sowon’s bed asking her concern with what she just said.

”I am an idiot.”

”Okay. You are an idiot. I got that part.” Yerin said jokingly, trying to cheer the older girl up.

”I am an idiot.” Sowon repeats the same words over and over again while hugging and sniffing Eunha’s sweater.

”Unnie, stop saying that. What happened?” Yerin begins to worry when the older girl keeps repeating the same thing.

”I am an idiot. Why did I say that? Why? Why? Why?” 

Now not only Sowon keeps repeating the same words, she even slaps her forehead repeatedly making Yerin anxious. Yerin grabs the older girl’s wrists in attempt to stop her from keep slapping herself and embrace her tightly. Sowon burries her face on Yerin’s shoulder and the tears started to flow from her eyes.

”Tell me what happened. Unnie, it can’t be that bad. You are not an idiot.” Yerin softly asks Sowon while her hand gently rubs the older girl’s spine to calm her down.

”I shouldn’t have said that. I’m such a fool.” Sowon said between her sobbing.

”What happened? What did you say? I’m sure it’s not that bad.” Yerin tries to convince Sowon.

Sowon’s crying subsided after a few minutes and she started to tell Yerin what happened between her and Eunha.

”We had a fight a few days ago, the night when we first had dinner with oppa. I got jealous when she was gawking at oppa’s muscular body. She said I shouldn’t get jealous because everyone else was as amazed at oppa’s body as her. That’s when I texted Nayoung and I ignored her for a day, just to show her that I too can do that. I also can pay attention to other people. I never thought it was going to be that bad. I didn’t know she cried that night...” Sowon’s eyes are getting teary when she think about the night she found out Eunha had cried from Handyman Oppa. 

“I never thought it would make her feel that bad.” 

Yerin just listens quietly. She recalled that night when Eunha cried in Handyman Oppa’s embrace. She didn’t know the reason why Eunha cried but she put the piece together when she saw Eunha’s sobs were getting intense when Sowon came back and slammed the door. 

“It’s okay unnie. You have apologise to Eunha, right? She will forgive you. She always does.” Yerin squeezes Sowon’s hand reassuring the older girl.

”I didn’t. No, I mean...I don’t know how to. When we were sitting at the balcony that night, I really tried to apologise, but nothing came out from my mouth. I know I don’t deserve her. I even let her sit outside although it was cold while I was thinking of how bad I have hurt her. I was hurting her even more while thinking how terrible I was. This morning, I wanted to apologise but seeing she really fond of Handyman Oppa’s food making me feel jealous again and I let it overpowers me. I hate Handyman Oppa. I feel like she is taking Eunha away from me.” The thought enrages Sowon.

”It’s okay, unnie. She loves you as much as you love her. Eunha is yours. She loves you so much, I don’t think oppa stands a chance at all. And I don’t think she is taking her away from you. You just need to apologise to Eunha. Don’t let other people gets into your head. Eunha is not taking oppa’s side or anything. You know she always appreciates people who do something for us. That’s just how she is. It doesn’t mean anything when she asked us to eat the food that oppa’s cooked.”

Yerin is sure of what she said because they have been living together in the dorm for a few years now, and that is just Eunha’s personality. The younger girl is very kind. She always reminds the girls to be thankful to other people who has been helpful and always appreciate what people do for them. Plus, she already knew that Handyman Oppa has a feeling for SinB although she just said it indirectly earlier in the gym’s changing room when she said she has to accept Yerin’s call for war on SinB’s heart.

”I’m not sure if she will ever forgive me this time. I snapped at her after practice when I saw oppa came into the practice room. I accused her of texting oppa to pick her up from practice while she didn’t even reply my text.”

Yerin’s eyes widened when she heard what happened and explains to Sowon why Handyman Oppa was at their office’s building earlier.  ”Unnie, oppa was there because shhe drive me to practice earlier. I went to the gym with her. Because we were late, I rushed to the practice and forgot my bag. She got called to the office because of that.”  

Sowon stares blankly at Yerin. She couldn’t believe what is she hearing. 

“Why did she have to be there?! I just snapped. I don’t think Eunha can forgive me for that.”

”That’s just a misunderstanding, unnie. I’m sure she will forgive you. You didn’t know oppa was there because of me, I haven’t had a chance to tell you during the practice. Eunha knew about it too. This is not the first time you fought over something like this. You two will get over this too.” Yerin pats Sowon’s back gently.

”Yerin, I asked her if she was seeing oppa...” Sowon confesses and bursts into tears for the second time.

”What?! You say what to her? Tell me you didn’t unnie.” Yerin shakes her head in disbelief, then she shakes Sowon’s body couple of times which the old girl just nods her head weakly in response.

”She is not coming back to me, isn’t she?” Sowon continues crying.

Yerin didn’t answer Sowon’s question. She has no idea that it was this bad. She knew Sowon and Eunha usually get into a fight because the older girl is easily jealous. But, she never thought she would say that to Eunha. Eunha is a kind and lovely girl, she usually the first to give in when they fight. However, in this situation she might just not. What Sowon said could be the most hurtful thing she ever said to Eunha. Yerin watch with her own eyes how Eunha burst into tears a few nights ago. Although she has seen her cried before but the recent one by far is the hardest she ever witnessed Eunha cried.

Yerin does not want to think that this is going to be the end of Sowon and Eunha. They both love each other dearly. Yerin hugs Sowon tightly, she didn’t say anything and just let her cries on her shoulder. 

“What should I do? I don’t want to lose Eunha. I can’t lose her. I don’t know how to live my life without loving her, without her love. I can’t... I can’t...” Sowon cries hysterically. 

“I know. I know. You are not going to. Shuuhhh....” Yerin just nods her head, caressing the older girl’s back and calming her down.

Sowon keeps repeating “I can’t lose her” like she was begging someone. Yerin can’t hold in her tears that she finally cries quietly with Sowon. Eventually, Sowon fell asleep in Yerin’s hug while crying. Yerin carefully lays the older girl, tucked her in and kiss her forehead before goes out of the room and goes into the younger girls’ room. 

Everyone is already sleeping in their bed except for Eunha. The top bunk bed that Yuju shares with Eunha is vacant without the younger girl. Yerin fixes the three girls’ blanket and kisses their forehead before exits the room. She looks for Eunha in the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, balcony and living room. No sign of Eunha. The clock on the wall shows that it is already past midnight, and Eunha has gone out with Handyman Oppa to do some grocery shopping almost four hours ago. Although Yerin is worried, but she knows the girl is safe because she is with Handyman Oppa. Yerin decides to wait for the two in the living room.

Yerin switch on the TV not because she wanted to watch it but just to keep her awake while waiting for Eunha and Handyman Oppa. She remembered that the oppa is supposed to go somewhere outside of Seoul and it’s going to take her about two hours of driving. And yet, she is still not here sending Eunha home. Although for different reasons, now she is worried for both Eunha and Handyman Oppa. 

Yerin watch the TV without paying much attention. She begins to think how is she going to help Sowon and Eunha. From what Sowon told her, it is obviously Sowon’s fault and she should apologise. Yerin knew that it is not the older girl’s intention to hurt Eunha badly. However, anyone in Eunha’s position will get hurt if someone they love did that to them. It is sad and hurtful when the one you love doubted your love for them. But what hurts the most is when they asks you the question Sowon asked Eunha, “are you seeing that person?”.

Although Sowon’s fear of losing Eunha to Handyman Oppa is not entirely illogical because Yerin also has the same fear of losing SinB, still, what she did was unacceptable. Even if she was in Eunha’s position, she would be mad and hurt by Sowon’s action. Thus, she understands if Eunha is not going to talk to Sowon for a while. She might just do the same.

Yerin wanted to help Sowon and Eunha because she knows the two love each other. She is not going to let Sowon and Eunha’s relationship got severed. Only the problem is, she has no idea how to do so. She herself is not an expert in this field as she has once in a silence strike with SinB for two weeks because of some misunderstandings between them. At that time, she did tries to apologise to SinB a couple of times but the younger girl just ignored her. Then after a couple of failed attempts, she gave up and they ended up not talking to each other for two weeks. They then eventually talked to each other naturally as the time passed and they had lots of event to attend. Both of them never speak about it since, and neither of them ever said sorry for what happened. 

Yerin keeps thinking ways of helping the Sowon and Eunha while watching a rerun of a cooking show. Then, she hears the passcode of the front door’s are being keyed in. She waited patiently for the person to enter.

****

Handyman Oppa lightly steps into Gfriend’s dorm while carrying five shopping bags filled with groceries of various kinds.

“Oppa, where is Eunha?” Yerin asks the older woman who is tiptoeing from the front door to the kitchen.

”Ahh you are awake. Great. Can you help me with these things. This is the only bag that needs to be put in the fridge.” Handyman Oppa lifts up the said shopping bag before put all the bags on the kitchen counter.

”I’m driving her back to her parents after this. She’s outside, in front of the door.”

Yerin’s eyes widened upon hearing Handyman Oppa’s answers.

“I have already got the permission from the CEO.”

“Why?” Yerin asks.

”She misses her mother’s cooking.” Handyman Oppa said nonchalantly, and when Yerin still stares at her in disbelief, she just let out a sigh.

”Then, do you want me to tell him the real reason?” Yerin knows exactly what Handyman Oppa means, so she shakes her head rigorously before going to the front door to see Eunha.

The moment Yerin sees Eunha’s solemn face, her eyes become teary. Eunha’s eyes are teary, red and puffy with marks on her cheeks, clearly showed that the girl has been crying, probably had been crying too much. Yerin hugs Eunha who tries her best to shoot a bright smile at her but failed. The two embraced, holding each other tightly. Yerin tries her best not to cry but her tears manage to escape.

”Oppa, when are you leaving for Gangneung?” Yerin asks when the older woman stands in front of them.

”Right after.” Handyman Oppa smiles at her and tilted her head a bit signaling that they should get moving since it’s approaching one in the morning.

”Are you sure you are going to be okay? I can accompany you...” Yerin asks, she genuinely worries about the older woman driving for another two hours at night by herself.

Handyman Oppa just smiles and shakes her head a couple of times. She reassures Yerin not to worry about her by promising to text her once she arrived at the lounge.

”Get lots of rest, Eunha. I will call you tomorrow.” Yerin said while Eunha wipes off her tears and nods her head weakly.

”Oppa, let me know when you get to her house. Drive carefully.” Yerin then bid the two goodbye after she kissed the younger girl’s forehead lovingly.

Handyman Oppa glances over her shoulder, looking at Eunha who fell asleep a few minutes after they left her dorm. The younger girl still holding her arm closely. She looks really tired but still her eyes, her pink lips and her face in entirety looks really beautiful. Since Handyman Oppa already typed in the address of Eunha’s parents in the GPS, she let the girl sleeps. When they stopped at a red light, she covers the girl with her jacket.

Eunha is still sleeping and she looks tired. Handyman Oppa then decides to carry her to her parents’ house. She covers the girl with her jacket and carefully places her hand under the girl’s body, somewhere near her armpits; and under her knees. Slowly sliding and lifting her up, nudges the door behind her to close it and walks to the apartment entrance. Luckily Eunha’s parents answer the bell immediately, so she goes into the lift while carrying Eunha who is still sleeping amidst the sound of the buzzer and the lifts.

Since it is already past one in the morning, no one is around, she can walks while carrying Eunha without much trouble. Eunha’s parents are already waiting at the door when Handyman Oppa arrives with Eunha laying on her arms. They lead the way to Eunha’s room and Handyman Oppa carefully lays the girl on her bed and tuck her in before goes back to the living room.

“I’m sorry to come by this late at night. I’m D, Eunha’s friend. I have to make a move now because I am driving to Gangneung. I’m sorry again I can’t stay and properly greet you, I will come again if I have a chance. Please call me if you have anything to ask.” Handyman Oppa bows slightly to Eunha’s parents and hands them her namecard.

“No, we have to thank you for driving our daughter home. Please drive carefully. It’s okay, we will meet again and we would like to properly thank you the next time we meet.” Eunha’s parents bows to Handyman Oppa while thanking her. Eunha’s mother hands Handyman Oppa a flask of coffee that she just made to help her stay awake to drive to her next destination. The three of them bid their goodbyes and parted way.

Handyman Oppa texted Yerin as she promised and told her to get some sleep. She once again gave her word that she would notify her when she arrives in Gangneung. After gulping a cup of the coffee that Eunha’s mother gave her while texting SinB who is probably already sleeping to let her know that she is driving to Gangneung and her weekend-work schedule, Handyman Oppa drives towards Gangneung, leaving Seoul behind.

****

Yerin stays on the couch waiting for Handyman Oppa’s report on Eunha safely arrived at her home. Her brain is working hard tonight as she keeps thinking of ways to help Sowon and Eunha. She thought that Eunha will be her usual self where she would get upset for a short period and she will be the first to apologise although it was not her fault because she would rather be in good terms with Sowon rather than fighting for days.

As she was waiting for the text message and thinking of Sowon and Eunha, Gfriend’s debut song is played on the TV. Yerin focuses on the TV watching her old self in the Glass bead music video. Just as she saw Eunha and the lyrics of the song, she remembered how Eunha used the song to confess to Sowon over a year ago. Sowon was scared of her feelings for Eunha and kept it bottled up without confessing to Eunha.

Eunha also has a feeling for Sowon but she wanted to wait for the older girl to make her first move. Seeing the older girl is not going to say anything even after being nudged and hinted several times, Eunha took matters into her own hand. She sings the song to Sowon that night, and she assured Sowon that she might look like a glass bead, like she is fragile but she is a tough girl and would not breaks easily. And ever since, Yerin saw how Eunha lives up to her words. But tonight, when she saw Eunha standing like a statue in front of their apartment’s door, she thought to herself, “I guess even a glass bead can break.”

The thought and Eunha’s solemn face worries Yerin. She wanted to help them and even if she finds a way, she is not sure if it would work. Anything could work if both Sowon and Eunha are doing it too. Yerin let out a heavy sigh. 

Ting! A message from Handyman Oppa makes her feel a bit relieved. Eunha has safely arrived at her parents house, and Handyman Oppa is going to drive to Gangneung after drinks some coffee. Yerin once again told Handyman Oppa to notify her once she arrives at the lodge in Gangneung. The older woman said yes and that is the end of their conversation. After that, Yerin retires to her bedroom and sleeps.

****

After about two hours and a half, Handyman Oppa arrives at the lodge and as promised, she texted both Yerin and SinB to which she got no response from both of them because they are already sound asleep. Handyman Oppa finally ends her long and tired day when it’s already a new day with about two hours of sleep before she gets up for work.

****