Will your heart sway?

Do you love me?

“I told Yerin not to wait up because I was getting some groceries and she already told me the passcode.” Handyman Oppa said to Eunha who is helping her put away the groceries.

”I know. She told me. I wanted to. It’s not like I could sleep either.” Eunha continues to help with the groceries because the older woman doesn’t know what goes where.

Handyman Oppa then get the instant ramyun from Eunha who is on her tiptoe to store it on the top shelf of the cabinet. The older woman is standing an inch from Eunha and their body touches each other slightly. Eunha can see the marks of her dried tears on the oppa’s shirt and could not help to feel guilty. She touches Handyman Oppa’s chest where she has buried her head earlier and caresses it. As if she can hears the younger girl’s thought, Handyman Oppa hold her hand and squeezes it.

”Don’t worry about it. I’ll wash it and it will be gone. Unless you want me to keep it as it is. Then, I am not going to wash it.” Handyman Oppa said jokingly.

”Aing. You don’t have to. If you don’t wash it, then what are you going to wear then?” Eunha shakes her head a few times and then both of them smiles.

”Oppa, do you want hot chocolate?” Eunha asks while boiling the water in the electric kettle.

”Do you have black tea?”

”I think we have camomile tea.” Eunha answers after trying to find it in the kitchen cabinet where they stored the coffee, hot chocolate and sugars.

”Nope. Hot chocolate then.”

Eunha nods her head and started to prepare the drinks while the older woman is watching her every moves. Eunha’s cheeks blushed when Handyman Oppa doesn’t takes her eyes off her. Handyman Oppa then picks up the mugs filled with the drink she just made for them and asks her where she wanted them to drink it. Eunha suggested that they drink it at the balcony as she said she needed some fresh air.

Handyman Oppa places the mugs on the small coffee table and suggested that Eunha put on her sweater as it is a bit chilly. She then looks out the balcony and surprisingly, she saw the black hoodie guy is looking in her direction. Handyman Oppa carefully snap a picture of the guy and sends it to Gfriend’s youngest manager. Then, the older woman moves the chair, position it so when she sits, her back will block the view of Eunha who will be sitting next to her. She sits down while waiting for the younger girl. The two of them sip on the hot chocolate in silence while enjoying the quiet starry night.

”Oppa...” 

“Emm...” Handyman Oppa looks and answers the younger girl caringly.

“Do you ever get jealous?” Eunha asks without even looking at the older woman.

”I think I have. Could not remember if I get jealous a lot. I usually tries not to. Why?”

”Just wanted to know if it is normal.” Eunha said still not looking at the oppa and runs her finger on the rim of her half-filled mug.

“It is normal for people to get jealous. I don’t usually got jealous probably because I consciously tried not to by reminding myself everyone is different and they are their own person.”

Handyman Oppa purposely said something she knew was not the answer Eunha is looking for. She wanted to see if the younger girl would finally ask her directly what she really wanted to ask. But the girl just sigh and finally look up to meet the older woman’s eyes. Eunha didn’t say anything but just stares at Handyman Oppa as if telepathically telling her the question.

”It is normal that people get jealous of the one they are in a relationship with. Sometimes that shows how much they are in love with the other person. But, it should not hurt the person. Does it hurt so bad this time?” Handyman Oppa waited for Eunha to say something.

”It does.” Eunha whispers to the mug she has been staring for five minutes.

”You don’t have to bear with it if you don’t want to. Just walk away if that person hurts you so much.” Handyman Oppa purposely said something unimaginable for Eunha to fish for her response.

”Oppa, how could you say that?! I don’t want to do that. I just wanted to know is it normal for people to get jealous.” 

Handyman Oppa smiles and laughs.

“Why are you laughing at me?” Eunha pouted upon hearing the older woman laughed.

”Because you look so cute when you are angry.” Handyman Oppa continues to laugh even after Eunha pinches her stomach.

”Okay, okay. I’m going to stop now.” Handyman Oppa stops laughing as Eunha stands and about to leave. 

Handyman Oppa grabs Eunha’s wrist and pull it to stop her from leaving. She thought she just lightly pulled her but Eunha’s feet are not stable that she wobbled and ends up sitting on the oppa’s lap.

”Let me get serious now.” Handyman Oppa clears while wrapping her arms around Eunha’s waist. 

“Emm. This feels nice, right? Almost natural for us. Are you sure you don’t want to leave her for me?” Handyman Oppa could not hold it in and bursts into laughter when she saw Eunha is turning red.

”You said you are going to be serious. I don’t want to talk to you anymore.” Eunha immediately stands up and smacks the older woman’s shoulder repeatedly.

”Okay. Okay. I’m going to stop for real this time. Let’s talk. But, can we do it inside? It’s kind of cold out here.” Handyman Oppa raised her hand as if she was surrendering when Eunha won’t stop smacking her.

”No. I’ll get you a blanket. But, can we talk out here, please?” Eunha sits back on her chair and asks Handyman Oppa, almost pleading her to.

”Okay then. Well, it is normal if you get jealous when you are in a relationship. Sometimes it conveys the meaning of you love that person. But, sometimes it seems like you don’t trust the person you love enough that you would get jealous over everything or everyone they are doing or meeting with. Sometimes, they got jealous because of their own insecurities, and this is really going to cost them their own peace and most of the time, the relationship itself.” Handyman Oppa said while staring at the sky looking like someone who is reflecting on herself.

”Can we change that person to stop being jealous all the time? Is there a way to do that?”  asked Eunha while doing what Handyman Oppa was doing.

”You should never think that you wanted to change someone when you got into a relationship with them. That’s when you will feel tired in your relationship. Because you wanted to change them and when they don’t change for you, you think they don’t love you. Does Sowon get jealous all the time?” Handyman Oppa asks straightforwardly.

”Wha- what? Why are you asking me about Sowon unnie?” Eunha flustered over the sudden  question mentioning Sowon’s name.

”Oh my bad. So, it’s not Sowon. Well I guess it’s someone else then. Is it Umji then? No... I don’t think it’s her, she doesn’t look at you with those full-of-love eyes. Yuju then? Uhhh, Yerin. I guess it’s her. No wonder you held her hand earlier. Wait... ahhh I know, SinB. You were jealous of SinB and me, that’s why you left with us earlier. Ohh, then SinB was not angry at me, it was you. She was angry at you. Ahhh. Then I don’t have to cook for you girls tomorrow. I don’t have to do anything to makes up with her since it’s not me she is mad at. Well, I can see that someone could be jealous of me. Who wouldn’t? I am sweet, loving, caring... Oh well, come on, let’s date. I am not the jealous type. So, you don’t have to worry. But, you would probably be jealous of me then because I befriended every single beautiful girl I ever lay my eyes on.”

Eunha turns to look at Handyman Oppa who is still staring at the stars. “Are you crazy, oppa?”

”I am. I’m crazy over you.” Handyma Oppa turns to face Eunha who is already looking in her direction. She stares into the younger girl’s eyes.

For a second, Eunha felt like the older woman is confessing her feelings for her when she stares into her eyes. 

“I think Sowon got jealous because she loves you too much. But, she get jealous easily probably because she thinks of herself lowly. She might think that you deserve someone far better than her. It’s not your fault. I think you tried your best not to do things to make her jealous. And I understand that you could get tired and frustrated when you have been compromising for too long. It’s okay for you to feel tired and let it all out. You don’t have to accept it every single time. There are times when she cannot contained her jealousy and there are times when you don’t give in to her. That usually happens when you are in a relationship. But, you can always choose not to do that. Talk to each other. Say what you wanted to say and hear each other’s explanation. Even if you cannot agree on something, just agree to disagree. Take a few hours apart, calm yourself down and set in your mind that you should try your best to support them despite everything else. If you love someone, you should try everything you can think of, but you should never force them to choose you or love you back. Love them unconditionally.” Handyman Oppa take a long sip of her now cold hot chocolate ending her lecture on love and relationship like some expert on love.

Eunha listens to the oppa attentively and her words feel like an honest experience, like an honest confession instead of some boring standard response she usually get if she ask her sister or friends.

”Well, Sowon and I are not in a relationship or anything.” Eunha somewhat lies to the oppa.

”Oh, really? Then, just leave the jerk who made you cry. And let me be the one you leans on to.”

Handyman Oppa was shocked to hear Eunha’s response. Of all the things she said, more like her mini lecture on love, that is the part that Eunha responded to. So, she decided to play with her again.

”Oppa, didn’t you just say that we should never force people to love us?” Eunha responded.

”Didn’t I tell you, we have to do everything we can think of? We have to fight for our love. You don’t have to do it if you don’t love her, you should live happily, doing whatever you want to, meet or be with whoever you want to. Why should you cry for Sowon? It’s not worth crying over someone you don’t love. Plus, she doesn’t love you if she could do that to you so many times.” Handyman Oppa purposely enhances the words ‘someone you don’t love’ to get Eunha to say what she has been holding on to herself. And it works like a charm.

“I do. I love her and I believe that she loves me too. But, I am tired. I’m tired to convince her that it’s her that I love, it’s her that I want to be with. I’m tired to beg her to listen and trust me when I say those things. Why do I have to be the only one fighting for us, if she doesn’t believe in us. I want to keep fighting for us, but how could it work if I am the only one fighting? Just what more do I have to do for her to believe in me, believe in herself that I am here for her and she is enough, more than enough for me.” Eunha let everything out and was about to cry when she heard the oppa said something and stands, leaving her puzzled with what did she said.

”That is your cue.” Handyman Oppa said to the person who has been standing at the sliding door ever since she said ‘we have to fight for our love’. 

Handyman Oppa then leaves the two girls alone. She goes inside and close the sliding door halfway before she plopped down on the couch. She needed to hear what they are going to say, that’s why she left the sliding door slightly open. Handyman Oppa is ready to jump in whenever necessary, especially if she thinks the two girls are not making progress tonight. She knew she cannot force them to set everything straight tonight, but at least to get them talk to each other would be a great start.

Eunha lifts her head up from the coffee table just as the oppa walks out from her only to see Sowon standing next to her. Then she realised that Handyman Oppa was talking to Sowon about the cue thing. She wonders how long has Sowon been there and did she hears everything she said. The two of them locked in each other’s gaze without saying anything.

Sowon was the first to break out from it. She sits on the chair that the oppa used before and scoots closer to Eunha. Eunha still sits there without moving her body nor . But then, Sowon also sit still, she didn’t say anything or move. Eunha is still looking down and her eyes are now fixed on Sowon’s hand which she rested on the table.

She wanted to hold the hand so bad, but, something or rather someone is holding her back from doing it. To Eunha’s surprise, she felt like she needs to hold it in, the urge to hold Sowon’s hand. She held it in because of Handyman Oppa. At the back of her mind, it feels like she manages to held it in because of the older woman. She can’t exactly points out why and how the older woman is the reason behind her action, but it was her.

Handyman Oppa lies down on the couch with all her clothes still on. But she is getting ready to sleep, so she has ed her shirt. She waited for the two girls to talk and go to bed before she would take her shirt and pants off to sleep in her singlet and boxer. Fifteen minutes has passed, but the two still sit in silence. Handyman Oppa thought she would give them some time, maybe they are sorting their thoughts first before say anything.

It has been thirty minutes and yet no one is speaking. At this rate, Handyman Oppa thought they are doing the mannequin challenge. She is getting sleepy and as she plans to cook the girls some food for breakfast and lunch, she have to wake up early as she needs to leave before 7 am. She has to go home to shower and change before going to the office for some meetings and lectures tomorrow. 

Handyman Oppa straighten her body and reassess the situation as if she is doing one of her session with her clients. People would say she is meddling with the two girls’ love life, but at this rate, both of them would catch a cold or they could really end up frozen out there. 

“Eunha, honey...you should come inside. It’s freezing out there. You’ll catch a cold. It’s late, you should go to bed. Come...” said Handyman Oppa while holding out her hand to Eunha.

”You too, Sowon. You don’t have your sweater on. Come inside and go to bed.” Handyman Oppa said after Eunha takes her hand.

Handyman Oppa waits for Sowon to come inside and close the sliding door behind them. She walks Eunha who still holding her hand, to her room. 

Sowon follows the two without a word and goes into her own room. This one thought was the only thing preoccupied her mind, ‘did Eunha’s heart sway?’

****

SinB wakes up to a short message she received from Handyman Oppa on her phone saying ‘good morning beautiful’. This is now her typical morning routine and she was expecting that although she knew that the older woman knows she is still mad at her. However, she did not expect that the older woman would leave her a long, handwritten letter by her pillow. She rubs her eyes and unfold the paper. This is the first time she ever see the oppa’s writing. And it turns out to be pretty bad. SinB rubs her eyes again trying to make it clearer so she can read the letter. She once read somewhere on the internet that doctors usually have bad handwriting and this is her first experience that she felt sorry for people around the world who had to read this kind of handwriting every day.

After a few sentences, SinB has gotten used to Handyman Oppa’s handwriting and she can read the letter with ease. While reading the letter, she realised that the older woman really has a way with words that can make your heart flutters. SinB thought that if only the older woman would say all these words to her last night, she would not hear her and surely would not get to appreciate the sweet words. But then, the probability of she gave in to Handyman Oppa’s wheedling is pretty high given the words that she wrote in her letter just tears down her built up wall of anger.

SinB smiles once again after she finish reading the letter. Her cheeks actually hurt from smiling too much when she reads the letter. Her face also changes colour from white to red, blushing from reading the letter. SinB did not expect that her anger would washed away just like that because of those words.

’Good morning beautiful. You look prettier when you are mad at me. Please don’t be mad at me for long. It hurts to fall hard for you over and over again. Although I love your pretty face when you are sulky and mad at me, I promise I will try hard not to make you angry often. Just when I miss your pretty angry face. I cooked you something, hope that it can make you feel less angry at me. Enjoy the food. Be angry at me as long as you want to, I will wait for you. We will go out for ice cream when you are not mad at me anymore. I am sorry. I really do. Hope you forgive me. And let me stay in your heart?’ SinB hold the letter close to her chest and hugs it. She then slips the letter under her pillow before gets up to get ready for school.

When SinB gets back from the toilet, she saw her phone blinking indicating that she received a new message. She unlocked her phone and reads the new message from Handyman Oppa. ‘I left something on the table, can you keep it for me? Thank you.’ The message got SinB to walk from her room to the living room. Once she was there, her eyes are glued to a heart shaped box and a rose lying on a coffee table. Her lips automatically curled into a smile, her cheeks reddened, and her heart beats rapidly. 

They don’t have any schedules for another week. Umji and SinB are getting ready to go to school today as they put on their uniforms. Just like the two of them, Sowon is also going to the university for her class. The six of them will later meet for practice in the evening after school. Although Yerin, Eunha and Yuju don’t have to go to the practice room this early in the morning, they are already awake. All of them try as hard as they can to have breakfast together whenever they can. Today is no exception.

Everyone gathers at the dining table and were shocked except Eunha. This is the first time since they moved into the dorm, their dining table is full with variety of side dishes, a chicken vegetables soup, spicy fish stew, rolled omelette, baked sweet potatoes, pancakes and sausages. Yerin’s eyes widened and waters upon seeing the foods. Everyone sits at the table together, ready to eat their breakfast except for Sowon who is still standing at the kitchen counter.

”I’m going to the uni, you girls enjoy your meal.” Sowon was about to leave, but was stopped by something Eunha said.

”Sit down and eat breakfast together with everyone. Someone went for so much trouble cooking us breakfast and lunch, you should at least appreciate her effort and eat it.” 

Sowon then take a seat at the table. Yerin and Eunha are getting the rice for all of them. SinB touches the still hot bowl of chicken soup and screams because of its temperature.

”The soup is still hot. Did oppa just left? Why didn’t she wait to eat with us?” SinB asks.

”I don’t think so. She left the soup and the stew on the stove and they were warm when I got to the kitchen. She left a note saying she already put the rice cooker on just before she left, and to heat the soup and stew before we eat. Oh, oppa packed you two your lunch as well. It’s on the counter.” Yerin answers SinB’s question.

Umji immediately got up from her seat and goes to the kitchen counter to look at her packed lunch that Yerin was talking about. There are two lunch boxes, each with a piece of paper with SinB and her names written on it. Umji opens the lunchbox and saw the lunch was packed and organised in a cute way like a kindergartener lunch box. Then she reads the note with her name on it. The note and the packed lunch caused her to pout and frown her forehead.

”Did she think we are kindergartener? Umji complaint and showed the lunchbox and the note to SinB. SinB laughs at Umji who is still pouting causing her to pout even more.

Umji reads the note again out loud when the other girls asked what was written that make her say that. 

“Enjoy your meal. Have a great day learning at school today.”

SinB laughs again. She ruffles Umji’s hair who sits to her right. SinB pinches the girl’s cheeks and say, “you are my baby. Umji is my baby.” SinB’s words and action causes Umji to blush. Just as she was about to say something, Eunha and Yerin brought everyone’s rice and soup bowls to the table. Yuju helped the two older girls with the rice and soup bowls. 

“Yerin unnie, do I have to eat the rice too? Can I just eat the pancake and sausage only?” SinB ask when Yerin finally sits on the vacant chair on her left.

”You have to eat some. You’ll get hungry before the lunch time if you don’t.” said Yerin smiling at the younger girl.

”I’ll eat the sausage and pancake, so, I won’t be. Please, Yennie...?” SinB begs with her aegyo.

”You have to eat SinB. Just eat half of your rice then.” Eunha answers with a straight face strictly.

“Thank you for the food.” Everyone begins to eat their breakfast.

Since it was a rare occurrence that Eunha being strict, SinB did not argue with her and just does what she was told to. Yuju, Yerin and Umji exclaim in joy once the food enter their mouth. They have not tasted a home cook breakfast in a while, so everyone is enjoying the food even SinB and Sowon who refuses to eat at first. SinB eats half of her rice and then she noticed Yuju is hovering a bowl full of baked sweet potatoes. She asks the older girl for it but Yuju refuses to give her.

”This is mine. Oppa said so in her note.” Yuju refuses SinB’s request again.

”You can share those Yuju. Just give her one or two.” Eunha once again strictly instructed and once again they followed what she said without a word.

”Kids, stop playing and quickly finish your breakfast. You’ll going to be late for school.” Eunha said when she sees the two maknaes are  playing with their phone.

”Ne, omma.” said SinB and Umji in sync before laughing their hearts out. Eunha also laughs upon hearing the two youngest members calling her mother. 

SinB finishes her food and then goes to her room. She takes the letter that she hides under her pillow. SinB wanted to put it in her bag, but Yerin saw her and ask what it was. Shyly, she hands it to Yerin and let her reads it. 

Yerin reads the letter quietly. She did not show any reaction and as soon as she finishes, she fold it and hands it back to SinB. Yerin studies SinB reaction closely and she noticed that the younger girl is smiling up to her ears when she scans the letter first before put it away in her bag. Her cheeks also reddened when she was scanning the letter. Yerin also noticed that there’s a heart shaped box and a rose on the girl’s bed.

”Is that chocolate?” Yerin asks.

”Umm. Yes. Do you want some?” SinB reaches for the box and offers it to Yerin who gladly pick one and shoves it into happily.

”Oppa gave it to me and this rose. She left it on the table this morning to apologise.” 

Yerin choked on the chocolate when she heard what SinB said. The younger girl quickly hands her a bottle of water and she guzzles the water down her blocked throat.

”Yennie! You should have eaten and drink it slowly or you will end up choking.” SinB said while rubbing the older girl’s back. 

“No, thank you. I don’t think I like this chocolate. It tasted funny.” Yerin said with exaggerating a puking action.

”Oh? I haven’t tasted it yet. Okay, then. You can take it, if you change your mind. I’m going to put it in the fridge.”

SinB hurriedly walks to the kitchen as she heard Sowon is screaming her name. Yerin follows her. Sowon and Umji are already wearing their shoes, waiting for SinB at the front door. Yerin sits back at her chair and watched SinB putting the box filled with chocolates in the fridge then filled up her water bottle. SinB’s dirty dishes are still on the table and at this rate, Yerin knew she will be the one cleaning it all. As expected, SinB asks Yerin to help her with the dishes as she was about to dash out of the kitchen.

”Can I at least get a goodbye kiss, SinB-yah?” Yerin pouted her lips, firmly grabbing SinB’s wrist as she was dashing to the front door.

”Aish this unnie. Sowon-unnie is going to be mad at me.” SinB tries to wriggle her arms off Yerin’s grasp. Seeing that Yerin is not going to let her go, SinB kisses  the older girl’s head and cheek as she hold it out to her. Only then Yerin releases her hand and smiles widely. SinB frowns and then smiles at her.

”Have fun learning at school.” Yerin laughs when SinB just sticks her tongue out at her and left.

Seeing SinB kissing Yerin brought the incident this morning in the kitchen to Eunha’s mind.

****

Eunha could not sleep. She kept waking up every hour, so she decided to drink some milk to help her sleep better. When she got up at around five in the morning, she saw the kitchen’s lights are on. Then she remembered that Handyman Oppa is going to cook them breakfast and lunch, so she decided to help the older woman.

She goes to the toilet and wash her face. Then she quietly walks to the kitchen where the older woman is peeling some onions. 

“Oppa, what do you want me to help you with?” Eunha said while standing beside Handyman Oppa. The older woman startled by her sudden question.

Handyman Oppa puts down the knife she held in her hand and turn around to face Eunha. She looks at the girl with bobbed hair with a confused look. Handyman Oppa was sure that she had move as quietly as she can so she would not wake the girls up. She washes her hand and dries it off on the apron she is wearing.

”Why are you up? Was I being too loud? Did I wake you up?” Handyman Oppa asks worriedly.

Eunha shakes her head a few times. “No. I just wanted to help you.” Eunha answers and tries to take the knife to help the older woman peels some carrot she got laying around next to the sink.

”Hey... I can do it alone. Don’t worry. You need your beauty sleep. So, how about we go and do that? Does it sound good?” Handyman Oppa gently takes the knife from Eunha’s hand and put it on her left side where the girl could not reach.

”Ummm... let me help you. I can sleep later. Plus, I can’t sleep. I kept waking up every hour.” Eunha pouted and since she can’t reach the knife she moves to the stove and stir the chicken soup that has been boiling.

”Would you like some warm milk? It can help you sleep. Or if it was me, I usually drink the milk straight from the fridge to help me sleep.” Handyman Oppa said while gently takes the spoon from Eunha and turns her around.

Eunha stands with her hand crossed staring at the older woman in front of her. She pouted and gets into a staring contest with Handyman Oppa. She winks at the oppa but the older woman wouldn’t budge. 

“We’ll drink some milk and then go back to sleep, okay princess?” Handyman Oppa turns Eunha around and guide her to sit on one of the dining chair.

The older woman gets two mugs and opens the fridge and pour some milk into the mugs. She carefully places a mug in front of Eunha and pulled out a chair next to the younger girl and sits. Handyman Oppa hold the mug up to Eunha’s mouth trying to get her to drink the milk while she sips on hers.

”I promise you can help me the next time I’m cooking, okay? Today, you just need to lay on your bed and sleep. When you wakes up, everything will be ready for you to eat. Okay?” Handyman Oppa said lovingly as if she was talking to a child. 

Like an obedient child, Eunha nods her head and drinks the milik. Handyman Oppa smiles at her and nods her head as well before gulping all the milk at once. She just pour a bit of milk in her mug, just about one fourth of the mug. Handyman Oppa takes the now empty mugs and placed it in the sink before walks back to Eunha who is still sitting at the dining table.

Handyman Oppa stands behind Eunha’s chair and she then looks down to the younger girl. She kisses the top of Eunha’s head and said ‘good night, let’s go back to bed’ while her lips are still on Eunha’s head. The younger girl was startled by the sudden kiss causing her cheeks to blush. The feelings she is feeling right now are closely similar to what she usually felt every night when Sowon kiss her goodnight. This feeling of warmth, being cared and loved.

Eunha choked up and all she could do was whispers ‘okay’ and stands up once she is sure the oppa’s lips are not on her head anymore. Handyman Oppa then ushers her to her room and smiles at her when she goes into her room and closes the door.

For the first time since she first went to bed last night, Eunha immediately falls asleep as soon as she lays her head on the pillow. Probably because she just got a goodnight kiss that she usually got from Sowon before she went to bed but hasn’t been getting any for the last two nights. Eunha was sound asleep and wakes to the ruffling sound from SinB and Umji’s bed as they wake up and prepare to go to school.

**** 

Yerin washes the dishes the girls left in the sink. She is sure that she is washing Sowon’s dishes along with hers and SinB’s. Those two really hate doing dishes and would get out of it in any way they could possibly think of. Her hands move actively, washing the dishes while her mind is also actively thinking about SinB. Yerin is not a good multitasker, she can only multitask when it got something to do with SinB, the love of her life. 

The chocolate, the rose, the letter, SinB’s smiles and blushed cheeks keep appearing in Yerin’s mind. She saw last night how the older woman tricked- no, treated Eunha when the girl didn’t even say anything but then ends up crying on her shoulder. This morning, Eunha indirectly defended the oppa and even get everyone to eat what she cooked for them. Eunha was so strict that no one dares to object her, even Sowon. This Handyman Oppa works wonder. Yerin wondered if Eunha’s heart has swayed from Sowon to Handyman Oppa. 

Yerin also wonders if SinB’s heart would swayed as well. The thought sends a cold chills down to her spine. Yerin shakes her head trying to get the thought out of her mind.

”I have to up my game or I will lose her.” Yerin talks to herself while doing the dishes.

All the dishes are squeaky clean now. She needs to get started on the huge pile of laundry that has been waiting to be washed for a few days now. Yerin is the one in charge of doing the laundry and she often thinks that the girls are changing clothes like they are working in some kind of sewers. They are always changing their clothes and tossed them in the laundry even if they just wore it for a minute to try it on. Yerin let out a long sigh. Not because of the laundry, but because of SinB.

SinB, the love of Yerin’s life. She has been in love with the younger girl for several years. She denied it at first, thinking it was just a crush, a phase that will fade away in a few weeks, only it did not. Her feelings grew fonder with each passing day. It reaches its peak when they moved into their dorm. Being able to live under the same roof, seeing each other the first thing in the morning and the last face she would look at before sleeps are a heavenly gift.

Yerin has never really confessed her feelings to SinB. She did say she loves the younger girl, asked her out on a date, asked her if she loves her, but then she said it jokingly. Yerin wanted to say it seriously but she was afraid if SinB would say no, then they would become awkward with one another, and worst if the younger girl would hate her. She can bear to lose the only person she loves, so she never mustered her courage to confess.

Yerin is already thankful for the opportunity being able to live her everyday life happily with SinB while doing the things she loves the most-singing and dancing. She could play with her, go out on dates with her, hugs her, kisses her, she could do almost everything with her. What more could she asked for? But, from time to time, she wanted to confess her love to SinB, she wanted to be able to call her ‘my girlfriend’ or ‘my love’, she wanted to go on a real date as a couple, and she wanted to celebrate their anniversary as lovers and not just as a member of a girl group, Gfriend.

Although her desire has not died, Yerin hasn’t been thinking about it too much lately as it would only make her more awkward when she is with SinB. However, since Handyman Oppa came into their life, Yerin has been worried that she might lose her to the older woman who seems to have a way with words and her action that could make any girl’s heart flutters and fall for her. This morning, when Eunha showed another side of her that all of Gfriend’s members rarely seen, and SinB’s smiling up to her ear, blushing at the sight of the letter and the rose, these are like a wake up call for her.

With that in mind, Yerin is determine to up her game in winning SinB’s heart and not losing her to Handyman Oppa. She left the laundry room and goes straight to her room grabbing her phone.

”Hello, oppa. This is Yerin.” Yerin said hello as soon as Handyman Oppa picks up her call.

”Hello Yerin.” 

“Oppa, what is your plan for today?” Yerin asks while trying to come up with a reason why she asked should the older woman questions her.

Yerin mentally slaps her head repeatedly as soon as she asked the question. She acted on the impulse of the moment. Yerin was eager to win over Handyman Oppa in the war of capturing SinB’s heart that she declared on her own while loading the washing machine earlier.

”I have a meeting after this. Then I have two lectures. After lunch, I’m going to hit the gym and go for a swim after that.” Handyman Oppa answers Yerin’s question straightforwardly without being suspicious at all.

”Ahh. Can I join you at the gym, then?” Yerin ask again but now her mind is busy thinking of a plan how would she go there and still come back in time for their practice in the evening.

”Yes, sure. I’m going to the university’s gym and not the one near my house. Is it okay with you? You don’t need to register or anything, I will pay for your entrance pass. Just bring a change of cloth and your swimsuit if you want to join me swimming.”

”Yes, it’s okay. Okay, I’ll see you then.” Yerin unconsciously confirms that she will be joining the older woman this afternoon even though she has not figure out her plan yet. As for now, she does not have a plan laid out, all she knew was, she wanted to get as close as she can with the oppa as the saying ‘keep your friends close and your enemies closer’. 

****

Sowon walks to her class absent-mindedly, thinking of other things. She did not even hear her friends calling her name until they smacked her back. Sowon smiles and continues walking towards the lecture hall with her classmates. Although the lecture was on acting, one of her favourite classes, she can’t seem to focus at all. It feels like only her physical body is here but her mind and heart is not.

Eunha is the only thing in Sowon’s mind. She wanted to ditch her class and runs back home to see Eunha. She wanted to say that she loves her and that she is the only one she will ever love. Sowon wanted to hug Eunha and never let her go, ever. She wanted to lock their lips together and get loss in soft, warm kisses. Those are the things she wanted to say and do last night when she heard Eunha broke down in front of Handyman Oppa. But, she didn’t. 

Sowon was beating herself up for blowing her chance to make things right with Eunha. Last night, she knew Handyman Oppa saw her and the older woman practically handed her with the chance of making up with Eunha on a silver platter. She get Eunha to say what she has been keeping to herself, and even left her with Eunha. But, she could not muster her courage to say anything or even move a limb to hold Eunha’s hand at the very least. Sowon sit like a statue in front of Eunha. 

In her mind, she is thinking how bad she was to Eunha. How she doesn’t deserves someone as kind and precious as Eunha. She was sorry that she neglected Eunha the whole day and being her petty self, she even invited Nayoung and spend the whole day with her. Sowon even went out for coffee with Nayoung, Yuju and Umji although Eunha has gone home early because of what she did. Although Eunha didn’t say it, but she knew it because that was exactly her plan. To show to Eunha that she too can pay attention to and play with other people. All because she was jealous of Handyman Oppa.

But, she was too caught up with her plan that she forgot that it will hurt the one she loves the most so badly that she might ends up losing her. First, when she entered the house, she saw Handyman Oppa was hugging Eunha who has her head buried on her chest. Then, it hits her once again when Handyman Oppa came and ask Eunha to come inside the house as it was cold and she might catch a cold. At that time, she realises that she just let Eunha sits outside in the cold without saying anything because she was too focused on herself. It hits her even harder when Eunha reaches Handyman Oppa’s hand the she hold out to her.  

Sowon has wasted her chance once again when she refused to eat breakfast that Handyman Oppa cooked for them. She doesn’t feel like eating the foods that were cooked by the person who she was jealous of. When Eunha coldly asked her to eat because Handyman Oppa has cooked it for them, she was too fazed to argue or refute, so she just does what she was told. At that moment, the question that keep pestering her mind ‘will Eunha’s heart sway?’ changes to ‘did Eunha’s heart swayed?’.

Sowon knew that she got herself into this mess because of her insecurities got the better of her. Her jealousy and insecurity of losing Eunha to someone else just might be the reason she loses her to Handyman Oppa. She practically hands Eunha to the older woman when she ignored her to the point she was so frustrated that she gave up. And the one being there, picking her when she was giving up on Sowon was Handyman Oppa. Not once, but twice. Handyman Oppa took over her place as the one who comforts Eunha when she was frustrated and the one who takes care of her health and wellbeing.

Refusing to accept the probability of losing Eunha, Sowon thinks of a plan to get her back. She wanted to guard Eunha’s heart from swaying over to Handyman Oppa’s.

First step is to text Eunha. Sowon fished out her phone from her bag and taps on the messaging apps. She stares at the screen. Her thumbs are all set in position to type a text message. But, her half-baked plan was only up to the step of text Eunha. It doesn’t include what should she say to Eunha. So, she ended up staring at the phone for fifteen minutes not knowing what to say. Finally, she typed ‘hey’ and hit send.

The next step in her plan depends on whether Eunha replies to her text message or not. By the look of it, her plan might fail because the younger girl did not reply her text message. It has been three hours since she sent the message, but she still has not gotten a reply. She doesn’t even know if Eunha already read the text or not because Eunha turns off her read receipt. So, Sowon have no way of knowing if she has read it or not. 

The three hour waiting without getting any reply from Eunha forces Sowon to think of a new plan. This time, she thought to herself that the plan needs to be fully developed and foolproof plan. But, with two hours passing without a single idea proves that she is the fool. She never had to do this because usually when they faced this situation, Eunha was the first to say she was sorry although it was not her fault or they just let it pass without saying anything.

In the past, it would have been just fine if Sowon just do nothing and hoping it will pass as soon as it can be. This time however, with Handyman Oppa in the picture, she might lose Eunha if she doesn’t do anything. Hence, the fool keeps thinking of a foolproof plan.

****

Eunha unlocks her phone and read the new text message she received. Then, she closes the messaging app and puts her phone back on the table. She doesn’t know what is Sowon planning to achieve with just a simple ‘hey’, so she didn’t reply the text. If that’s how she wanted to apologise, Eunha is sure that she is not going to succeed. If that’s how she wanted to annoy her and get her angry then texted her back, she is not going to succeed either. Eunha then gets up from her bed and goes to the bathroom to wash herself and get ready to go to the studio for her vocal practice. She is glad that she doesn’t have to go to school or scheduled for an early morning’s practice because she could get some sleep since she couldn’t get much sleep last night.

”Yerin unnie, why are you getting ready? You don’t have any practice scheduled this morning.” Yuju asks Yerin who is all dressed up in her tracksuit and tshirt. 

“Oh, I’m going to the gym with Handyman Oppa. I’ll be at the practice later this evening. So, manager oppa will drop you at the company first then drive me to oppa’s university.” Yerin lays out the itinerary to Yuju after she has to beg the youngest manager to drive her to Handyman Oppa’s office for a good half an hour.

”Why are you going to the gym?”

Yuju asks as it is a foreign idea that Yerin would go to the gym when they just performed yesterday, in the middle of the day. They usually got quite exhausted after performing and Yerin has never worked out in the afternoon. It is just bizarre for her that the girl who likes to sleep would spend her afternoon at a gym, and not her usual place but somewhere in a university she has never been to. Yuju was supposed to be the weird one in their group, but with this new information she might not be the only one. 

“Didn’t you say that you would like to see the result if I work out? Plus, I need to up my game...I mean I need to work on my stamina. I got easily out of breath when I dance and it affected my singing. Thought of working on it, probably I’ll practice singing while running on the treadmill...maybe. I don’t know.”

“Ohhh.” Yuju nods her head and fluttered that Yerin is going to the gym is somehow for her. 

Yuju smiles thinking that the one she likes is actually doing something while thinking about what she said. She didn’t expect Yerin to do so because of what she said during their first dinner with Handyman Oppa. But, she was happy that Yerin remembers what she said. Yuju smiles again. Little that she knows, Yerin’s intentions are not entirely because of her.

”Yerin-unnie?” Eunha ask when Yerin follows her and Yuju to the van.

”She is going to the gym with Handyman Oppa.” Yuju answers before Yerin could say anything. 

Yerin smiles but her heart races when she see Eunha’s eyes sparkle upon the mention of the older woman’s name. Yerin is now sure that what she is going to do is the right thing to do. Although she feels sorry for Sowon as the probability of her accidentally losing Eunha to Handyman Oppa is high, she is also glad that she is doing something to lower the chances for it to happen to her and SinB. 

“Say my hello to her and thanks her for the food, on our behalf. I’m sure you already thanked her when you set the meeting with her earlier. But, it would be nicer if you thank her again personally.” said Eunha. 

Now Yerin actually slaps her forehead. She didn’t even think about thanking the older woman for the delicious foods she cooked for them this morning. Her mother would have been very disappointed in her if she knows this. Yerin nods her head couple of times while quickly get her phone out of her bag and started typing ‘thank you for the delicious food, oppa’ and hit send. Eunha shakes her head in disbelief. Although she didn’t see Yerin’s phone but from the older girl’s expression and action, she could deduce that it she is texting Handyman Oppa thanking her for the food.

”Eunha unnie, are you okay?” Yuju looks at Eunha concerned, still remembering what happened last night.

”Uhuh. I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” Eunha reassures Yuju by linking her arms with hers.

”Last night...” Yuju wanted to ask what happened last night that caused her to cry because Eunha did not say anything to them when they asked her.

”I was too tired I think. I was too tired and frustrated, probably that’s why.” Eunha vaguely answers.

Eunha did not lie this time. It is true that is the reason why she cried. It was because she was tired and frustrated. She just did not say tired and frustrated of what. Since Eunha’s bright smile has come back, Yuju didn’t ask for her clarification and nods in relief. 

Yuju and Eunha got off the van when they reaches the company while Yerin stays in the van to go to her destination. Yuju and Eunha bid their goodbye and made Yerin promised them to show up for practice later this evening.

”Promise me you are going to show up for practice, unnie.” Yuju said holding Yerin’s hand.

”I promise I’ll be there.” Yerin said to Yuju.

”What? What are you promising to do? Say it or I won’t let you go.” Yuju asks again tighten her grasp of Yerin’s hand.

”To my Yuju, I promise you that I will be at the group practice this evening.” Yerin chuckles and said her promise before kissing the girl’s cheeks and tip of the nose.

Yuju smiles shyly and softly said okay before letting go Yerin’s hand. This is exactly the reason why she fell in love with Yerin. The way Yerin treats her lovingly, with all her kindness she always tried to make her happy. She would always blushed when Yerin acted that way with her.

One could probably guess that she is in love with Yerin by the way Yuju acts, but the older girl was unbelievably oblivious. But then, because Yerin always do that to other members and the others reacted the same as Yuju, so, no one probably would figure it out if she didn’t express her feelings though. As of now, her heart feels contented with Yerin’s loving care for her despite not being able to call her ‘my lover’ or ‘my girlfriend’. This is enough for her to get through the day as happy as she can be.

****

”Come on, baby. Let’s eat lunch.” SinB wraps her arm around Umji’s shoulder who is still organising her books.

Umji just smiles and takes her lunchbox out from her bag. With linking arms, they walk to their favourite spot by the basketball court to eat their lunch. They used to eat lunch here with Yerin, Eunha and Yuju. But, now it’s just them two. SinB opens her lunch box which looks exactly the same as Umji’s. There are rice, spinach, a piece of grilled fish, heart-shaped omelettes, some octopus-shaped sausages and unexpectedly, some rose-shaped strawberries.

‘This oppa really is something, she can do all these?!’ Umji screams in her head when she saw the contents of their lunchboxes. SinB begins to eat while humming happily after saying her thank you. Umji also started to eat. Although the foods look good and she knows it tastes good, Umji seems to be eating it slowly as if she doesn’t have any appetite.

”Aigo my baby Umji. Why aren’t you eating? Come, let me feed you. You are a baby after all.  Aaaahhh...” SinB opens widely while hold out the rice and some fish she already picked up with her chopstick to Umji’s mouth.

Umji pouted instead of opening it. She pretended to be offended by SinB calling her a baby, when honestly she really loves it when she does that. Umji shakes her head a few times still pouting. 

“Come on, my baby. You have eat, you are still growing. Here, it tastes good. Aaaaah” SinB is not giving up and picks up a bit of rice and the omelette then hold it close to Umji’s mouth. Umji opens and eats it.

SinB feeds herself and Umji alternately. They eat and share some stories of what happened in their class and laugh.

”Eunbi-yah.”

”Hmm...” SinB lifts her head to look at Umji.

”I love you.” 

“I love you too Yewon-ah.” SinB smiles.

Umji smiles back. Although the meaning of SinB’s ‘I love you’ might not be the same as hers, she is happy to hear that from the one he her heart belongs to. Hearing the three magical words, being called ‘my baby’, being fed by SinB and spending time alone with SinB. She could not have wished for more. Umji is on cloud nine.

”Do you like those foods?” Umji asks SinB who is still humming happily.

”I do. I love it when people cooks for me.” 

“Well, if that’s so...tell me what you want to eat tomorrow. I’ll cook it for you.” Umji asks in excitement.

”Let’s cook together then. We haven’t been doing that in ages. We’ll go and buy what we need after school.” SinB said while letting Umji packing up their now empty lunchboxes.