Hope Is Where The Heart Is

This Love Of Ours, Is Pretty Groovy

“Yah, not so fast you two.” Baekhyun groaned as the familiar voice of their manager spoke from behind them. “You know the rules. I’ve told you millions of times already. No-“ he was cut off as Baekhyun huffed out the rest of his sentence. “Kissing in public, no hand holding in public, no flirting in public, geesh Junmyeon, can we do anything together in public!” Chanyeol stood behind Baekhyun as he solemnly stared down at his lover. He knew how much Baekhyun wanted to express their love, he just hated lying to the fans like that. Junmyeon knew this too. “I’m sorry Baek, it’s just, you know I have rules I have to live by too. If I didn’t abide by some rules they’d fire me.” Baekhyun calmed down a bit to look into Junmyeon’s helpless eyes, he had no control. Baekhyun ran his delicate fingers through his hair as he sighed. “Yeah, I know.” Junmyeon smiled a “thank you” and a “please do better next time.” leaving the boys be. Jongdae, who had been a few steps ahead of them, ran back patting both of his dear friends on the back as he crashed between them. “Come on! He said ‘don’t do anything in public!’” The three laughed as Jongdae began to imitate Junmyeon. “But, he didn’t say ‘don’t do anything in private!’ You guys know what’s good?” They both shook their heads with eager grins. “I know a place we can head. It’s a far out place where people can ‘get together’ and nobody’ll ever know.” He added finesse to his sentence with his signature sly wink, luring the two into his idea. “Sounds rad! What do you think Chan?” Chanyeol shook his head, worry growing ever present. “What If Junmyeon finds out! What if our fans find out! What if the company finds out!” His excited partner looked up at him with a twinkle in his eyes. “Come on Chan! If Jongdae’s telling the truth than we can finally be free to be who we want!” Chanyeol sighed unsure. “I don’t know Baek. What if this all goes wrong?” Baekhyun smiled comfortingly at him. “Don’t worry about it!” Jongdae grinned seeing his friends had decided to go. He led them through the back of the arena and out into the street where the beat up tie-dye van stood. Junmyeon was waiting for them in the car. He seemed to be having a serious conversation on the phone. The furrow browed male caught a glance of the band in his rear view mirror. He signaled for them to wait a few seconds as he finished up his work. Jongdae leaned in closer to the two and whispered. “We’ll escape after Junmyeon falls asleep. I’ll knock on your door to the beat of Love Me Right and you’ll know it’s me.” The two nodded. Baekhyun raddled with excitement. He always dreamed of a place where he could be himself, the only place now being when he’s alone with Chanyeol. But this, this would be different. He could feel it.