Two

Textmates

Kyungsoo woke up back in his own bed the next morning, he hadn't closed the curtains so the morning light had streamed through the windows facing his bed and crept up his sheets until it nearly blinded his eyes. He groaned feeling his head throbbing and back aching, he had half carried Baekhyun back to his apartment last night before dumping him on his couch with a blanket and then stalking off to his bedroom. Kyungsoo moved to sit up and whimpered as pain hit him in his shoulders too, he knew he shouldn't have let Baekhyun drink so much but he was excited to be making the first steps towards getting over his ex. A smile found its way onto his face as he finally got out of bed and made his way into the bathroom to shower, when he and Jongin first broke up he thought he'd never heal his broken heart but he feels like he has a chance at moving on now. 

After showering and washing up he went to fix breakfast and found Baekhyun with his head already stuck inside the fridge looking for any food that would cure his hangover, he heard Kyungsoo's feet pattering behind him and whipped his head around before a lazy smirk rested on his face,

"How's it going lover boy? Got any matches yet?" Baekhyun sounded excited despite his slightly croaky voice.

Kyungsoo frowned in confusion before he realised what Baekhyun was talking about and he felt his heart drop. He runs back to his bedroom to grab his phone, nearly tripping over his own feet on the way, once he has his phone his fingers tremble as he types in his password. He sees a small pink icon next to his forgotten Facebook app with the letters 'SM' on it and he closes his eyes tightly instantly regretting going out in the first place. Baekhyun is in the doorway leaning against the frame with his arms crossed across his chest watching with amusement. 

"You're eager to see which hot singles want you," Baekhyun emphasised 'hot singles' and Kyungsoo cringed and cursed as he opened the app to delete his account but stops as he see's he was matched with a number of other profiles, some with profile pictures and some without. He scrolls through them purely out of curiosity and he has to admit that some of them seem interesting, he pauses over one man's picture with one eyebrow raised. 

"Him! He's cute!" Baekhyun had silently moved until he could see over Kyungsoo's shoulder and Kyungsoo jumped at the overly enthusiastic words spoken right into his ear. 

"Get away from me Baekhyun! It's your fault I even have this stupid account," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes but he didn't sound annoyed

"Uh have you seen some of these guys? You're welcome Soo." It was Baekhyun's turn to roll his eyes as he made his way back out of the room and towards the kitchen to make his own breakfast.

Kyungsoo checked over his account and realised he had only filled out basic information with no profile picture so he added a short message to his profile saying 'I'm new here so please be kind to me and message me first ^^'. He checked his likes and dislikes making sure they were accurate because that's what his matches are based off along with the short personality quiz he completed while registering. He decided against a profile picture simply because he was scared of creeps and potential stalkers, his thumb hovered over the 'save changes' button then he pressed it quickly and locked his phone before he would want to delete the account again. He heaved a sigh before joining Baekhyun for breakfast. 

 

 

As soon as Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were done with breakfast there was a knock on the door before it swung open and Jongdae came rushing. Kyungsoo's friends seem to abuse their key to his apartment but he can't complain because they're great friends after all.

"Kyungsoo! Oh, and Baek!" Jongdae's eyes moved from one body to the other quickly, "I'm checking numbers for the wedding and I came to see if you were bringing a date 'Soo?" Kyungsoo stayed silent so Baekhyun decided to speak up instead.

"Yes! He is actually so put him down for a plus one. Or plus two, we don't know how wild our Kyungsoo will be now that he's single," Baekhyun looked cocky while Kyungsoo wanted to melt into the heat that was covering his face and neck, how did he get stuck with him as a best friend? 

"I'm not letting you show up to my wedding like some sort of pimp." Jongdae sounded serious 

"I don't have one actually, in fact I-" Kyungsoo started to explain but was cut off with a kick to the shin by Baekhyun

"Baek what the ?" Kyungsoo snapped through gritted teeth while clutching his leg.

"You can't show up alone 'Soo! What if Jongin has a date?" Baekhyun was talking in hushed whispers despite Jongdae being able to hear every word, "You can find a date for it on that app," Kyungsoo's face fell at the mention of Jongin

"So I'll put you down for one?" Jongdae sounded hopeful, he wanted neither Jongin or Kyungsoo to show up alone to his wedding since they were both his friends

Kyungsoo nodded his head quickly, deciding it would be better to not look like a complete loser in front of his ex the next time he'll see him and Baekhyun smiled triumphantly. 

"Brilliant! I'll see you both in exactly six days!" Jongdae didn't hide the excitement in his voice as he exited singing "I'm getting married!"

---

Jongin was on his phone as soon as he woke the morning after drinking with Chanyeol. Chanyeol had returned to his own apartment after sharing drinks with Jongin, he had said something about wanting to be home before Baekhyun and went on his way. Jongin didn’t mind though, he basked in the early morning sun's warmth and scrolled through his matches on the dating app. His hair was messy and his whole body was warm wrapped in the soft white sheets. Jongin loved these mornings the most, he felt truly at peace despite drinking the night before. He remembers sharing these mornings with Kyungsoo and he squeezes  his eyes shut at the memory and shook his head hoping it would get rid of it and the pain it brought him. Jongin decided to update his profile in an attempt to distract himself but refused to upload a picture, he knew it was best to stay anonymous until he was comfortable with the people he was talking to.Instead he looked over his likes and dislikes and added a short message to his profile which read 'I'm new! Let's be friends, don't be shy!' Jongin had a few interesting matches and was grateful that most of them were confident enough to message him first, he replied to the pictures he thought were cute or the profiles that looked interesting and a feeling of optimism swelled in his chest. His bubble was soon burst by Jongdae's simple text:

From: Jongdae

Do you have a date for my wedding?

Jongin started to silently panic. He doesn't have a date and it's only six days away. Six days until he see's Kyungsoo again. How would he react to seeing him again? Maybe he would be happy, maybe they'll get back together? 

Jongin's hope was crushed by the next text.

From: Jongdae

Kyungsoo has one.

Jongin blinked back tears and typed out a text before tossing his phone aside and getting up to shower.

To: Jongdae

I have a date.

 

 

Jongin cursed at himeself for lying about having a date the entire morning. He texted Chanyeol thinking he would provide comfort but all he received was a text with a single word

From: Chanyeol

Idiot.

Jongin was close to giving in and texting Jongdae the truth but stopped himself as his eye caught the little pink icon which represented the SM matches app. Finding a a suitable date in six days would be easy, right? 

 

---

The next day Baekhyun was back at Kyungsoo's apartment helping him re-paint his bedroom because he thought it would help with getting over Jongin. While they painted Kyungsoo talked about the men he met on the dating app the day before and Bakehyun listened carefully to the names of the men that Kyungsoo wanted to talk to or had already spoken to, occasionally shaking his brown hair out of his eyes.

"And there's one without a profile picture but we have a lot in common and he seems really confident which is always attractive you know.." Kyungsoo rambled on while Baekhyun hummed every now and then,

"What's his name? No picture guy, I mean" Baekhyun asked half interested.

"Kai, but I think it's just a nickname" Kyungsoo answered him quickly 

"Is he American?" Baekhyun smiled at the foreign name and Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess he could be." Kyungsoo brushed it off and they continued painting with Kyungsoo's excited talking filling the silence.

Kyungsoo was off work so he spent the day lounging around while glued to his phone after Baekhyune left. He had forgotten how fun it was to meet and talk to new people, he had the same boyfriend and group of friends since college and he wasn't a social person in general but meeting all of these new personalities was refreshing and he was genuinely enjoying talking to the different men. One man in particular had caught his attention, the one that Baekhyun had called cute the day before . His name was Leeteuk, he was older than Kyungsoo but very handsome and they had hit it off right away. They discussed their shared interests before Kyungsoo gushed to him about his love for cooking and the elder was politely responding with equally enthusiastic messages. Kyungsoo felt good about this guy and he knew his friends would approve if they met him at the wedding, but Kyungsoo knew he had to meet him before hand just to make sure he was who he says he is so they set up a coffee date for the next day at Kyungsoo's favourite bakery/cafe. Kyungsoo's nerves keep him awake that night, he can't wait to meet the guy he's been talking to for two days straight, he just hopes everything will go well.

 

---

Jongin had spent the next morning catching up with Chanyeol at a cafe across from his apartment block. They talked mostly about work and Baekhyun and the up coming wedding and finally Chanyeol found the appropriate time to ask about Jongin's internet love life. Jongin was reserved when it came to his love life, even with his best friend so he shared few details with Chanyeol about the different men he was matched with and Chanyeol squealed like a teenage girl at the mention of every match Jongin received. 

"There's this guy called Seunghoon who messages me every second of the day - even when I haven't replied to his previous message!" Chanyeol cackled and Jongin pouted "It's getting creepy, Yeol." 

"Are all of your matches cute?" Chanyeol asked with wide eyes and a smile 

"Yeah the one's with pictures up at least," Chanyeol looked confused so Jongin continued "There's a couple of guy's without profile pictures, like me. I matched with two guys that don't have pictures but I had to block one of them because he kept asking me if I wanted a picture of his " Jongin looked disgusted but Chanyeol was amused and started laughing once again. "The other guy sounds kinda cute though, his name is D.O. I think it means something I just can't figure it out." Chanyeol snorts at his best friend who was over thinking every detail and brushed him off.

"Do you think any of these guys will be your date for the wedding?" Chanyeol looked softer now, he was no longer teasing and laughing at Jongin.

"Actually I'm meeting up with Taemin tomorrow. You know the one who also loves dancing?" Chanyeol was surprised that Jongin had landed himself a date so soon.

"I hope it goes well, the wedding is only 5 days away now" Jongin hummed in agreement but couldn't shake the feeling of the whole situation feeling wrong. He knew he shouldn't feel this way but when he thinks of coffee dates and pastries his mind immediately goes to Kyungsoo but he couldn't deny when his first internet friend suggest they go out for brunch as a first date. Jongin ignored the feeling and continued to entertain Chanyeol with more things he found out about Taemin.

 

---

It was 4pm when Baekhyun dragged his feet through the door of his and Chanyeol's shared apartment, he welcomed the warmth and smell of beef as he kicked his shoes off before running like an excited puppy to where his boyfriend was cooking in the kitchen area. Bakehyun hugged Chanyeol from behind and spoke into Chanyeol's back, his words were muffled and Chanyeol squirmed as the sound of his voice vibrated against his back.

"Speak up babe, I can't hear you," Chanyeol continued to fry the meat while Baekhyun pressed his cheek flat against Chanyeol's back before speaking again.

"I said I missed you," Chanyeol could practically hear the pout on his boyfriends lips and he chuckled 

"I saw you this morning Baek before you rushed off to Kyungsoo's. How is he by the way?" Chanyeol had  turned around now and was pushing his boyfriends hair away from his face.

"I think he's doing really well, he has a date tomorrow actually," Baekhyun was speaking softly and he continued to tell Chanyeol all about Kyungsoo signing up for a dating app and his different matches and how excited he is for his date. "He actually wants to talk to a lot more people, especially this guy called Kasper or something, I can't really remember. Anyway you know how shy he is but I'm proud of him he's really came far" Baekhyun had a glint in his eyes as he looked his boyfriend in the eye and Chanyeol knew he was happy for his friend. "Tell me about your day," Baekhyun loved hearing about Chanyeol's day, it almost makes it feel like they weren't apart.

"I saw Jongin,  he told me he has a date tomorrow too actually and I already told you about that dating app he signed up for," Chanyeol spoke while he turned to grab plates for the food.

"Oh yeah, is that where he met him?" Baekhyun questions as he helps him by grabbing cups and turning the heat off from under the meat.

"Yep. I don't know if he'll be at the wedding though, he seemed pretty hung up on this other guy called Ne-Yo", Chanyeol started plating up rice while Baekhyun let out a loud laugh

"What kind of a name is that?" Baekhyun was still laughing and Chanyeol gave him an amused look

"I don't know, let's stop talking about them. We spend enough time with them as it is," Chanyeol set the food down and Baekhyun changed the subject to his love of food as they ate together.