One

Textmates

Kyungsoo had spent the past two weeks curled up on his bed eating straight from a tub of ice cream. The crying had stopped a day ago but the feeling of emptiness was stronger than ever, the only source of noise throughout his entire apartment was the soft blaring of the T.V. playing re-runs of an old drama. His sniffling started up again as he witnessed a kiss being shared on his T.V., the kiss was awkward and cringe-worthy but at this point it looked like the most emotional and romantic kiss to Kyungsoo and he couldn't stop his heart from twinging in pain.

Kyungsoo heard the click of the front door and he groaned already knowing who it would be.

"DOH KYUNGSOO IF I FIND YOU IN THAT BED I SWEAR-" Baekhyun stopped at the sight of his bestfriend sitting up with fresh tears streaming down his face and melted ice cream dripping down his chin, Kyungsoo was most definitely an ugly crier. 

"Hey, listen.." Baekhyun started with a softer voice as he moved cautiously over to the bed and wrapped his arms around his best friend while trying his best to avoid being stained with ice cream, "Why don't you take a shower and then we'll go out for a couple of drinks?" when all he got was a wail in return his voice hardened slightly, "Soo, you can't let your break-up with Jongin ruin your life! You don't deserve to be sat around covered in snot, tears and chocolate fudge ice cream while he's probably laughing and hooking up with other people!" 

Kyungsoo's sniffling stopped and his expression was unreadable, "You know what? You're totally right. Kim Jongin and his perfect, stupid face!" 

Baekhyun laughed, loving the sound of his best friend swearing, "Yeah him!" he encouraged Kyungsoo with the hope that he could finally get his drinking buddy back. 

"I'm going to look so hot tonight, I might even go home with someone. it!" Kyungsoo now had a hard look of determination as he threw his covers off and headed straight for the bathroom. 

"Yeah it!!" Baekhyun jeered after him still laughing. after Kyungsoo had disappeared he pulled out his phone and sent a text.

---

Park Chanyeol was currently stuck in his best friends apartment listening him mumble through tears about how he misses his ex for the 4th time that week, his text tone goes off and he groans when he reads the text from Baekhyun saying he has to cancel their date night because he finally managed to get Kyungsoo out of bed. 

"Jongin!" Chanyeol's annoyed voice cuts Jongin off and he stares at him with wide, teary eyes.

"Chanyeol don't talk to me like that, you know I'm sensitive right now.." Jongin sheds a few silent tears with a pout and Chanyeol feels instant guilt.

"I'm sorry," Chanyeol puts his arms around his best friend and Jongin nuzzles into his touch, seeking comfort. "How about we go out tonight? We can have a few drinks and get your mind off things? Does that sound good, hmm?" Chanyeol hopes his soft approach will coax his friend into going out with him.

"Yeah I can do that," Jongin mumbles against Chanyeols shoulder and Chanyeol is mentally celebrating and he pushes Jongin in the direction of the bathroom

It was already 8pm, "I'm giving you an hour Kim Jongin!" Chanyeol shouts as he sits on the couch, puts his feet up and throws his head back sighing. Hopefully tonights the night Jongin will start to get over his ex-boyfriend Doh Kyungsoo. 

 

---

It's 9:30pm and Baekhyun won't stop complaining  about the cold night air as he walks down the street with Kyungsoo.

"I told you to bring a jacket! If you're gonna complain the whole night then I'm going back home!" Kyungsoo says as he wraps his own jacket tighter around himself.

Baekhyun didn't speak another word until they were inside the warm welcoming bar sliding into a booth opposite Kyungsoo, "What do you want bestie? This round's on me!" Baekhyun looks far too excited for drinking considering how much of a light weight he is.

"I'll just have a beer" Kyungsoo looks around the bar wondering if he'd spot a certain someone, and Baekhyun notices.

"Stop being boring and order something more fun!" Baekhyun whines  "And stop looking around for HIM! He's not here," he says slightly harsher this time.

Kyungsoo blushes with guilt and opts for looking down at the table instead, "Fine. Get me a vodka and coke. Double" 

Baekhyun smirks and trails his eyes across Kyungsoo's V-neck shirt "Tonight will definitely be fun" he mumbles as he slides out to order their drinks. 

 

---

Chanyeol is practically dragging Jongin after him as he heads for a famous street which is littered with good drinking spots. Jongin had changed his mind sometime after leaving his apartment and Chanyeol would rather kid-nap him and force him out than let him spend another night alone in his apartment wallowing in self-pity. 

"Come on Jongin! I promise you won't regret it!" Chanyeol sounds eager and Jongin doesn't want to disappoint his friend so he reluctantly lets himself be pulled.

Chanyeol walks through the door of the first bar he sees but stops suddenly making Jongin walk straight into his back. His eyes linger on his boyfriend and his bestfriends ex-boyfriend in the corner of the bar and he knows they haven't noticed him so he silently turns around and pushes his bestfriend out with him before dragging him to the next bar. 

"What the hell Chanyeol! Stop Man-handling me! And what was wrong with that bar?" Jongin sounds annoyed at this point and Chanyeol knows he should stop pushing his luck. 

"Uh, it was really crowded. There were college kids everywhere, you don't need to be around that kind of noise right now," Chanyeol cringes as he thinks back to the nearly empty bar and hopes Jongin will accept his excuse with no questions. 

He sighs in relief when he hears Jongin sniffle behind him and mumble something like "You're so thoughtful."

 

When they enter the next bar Chanyeol orders Jongin to get them a table while he goes to order drinks. The bar had sliightly more people than the last but it wasn't too crowded and there were a few attractive people that he knew Jongin would find attractive too but he doubts his broken-hearted friend will agree to going home with any of them. 

He returns quickly with drinks and they start to drink silently before Chanyeol pipes up.

"Sooo, see anyone you like?" Chanyeol says with a smirk on his face 

Jongin rolls his eyes and takes another sip "Don't. Chanyeol, just don't please." Jongin pauses before taking a deep breath and continuing "I think, I want someone new - but I don't want to find them like this. Hooking up with them while drunk in a bar I mean. It's not really my style." Jongin finishes and gives Chanyeol a small smile.

"I understand," Chanyeol starts to feel bad for wanting to cart off his friend with a stranger with the hope he'd get over his ex but the guilt is washed away as an idea comes to mind. "I know what you can do! Sign up for that website that Jongdae met Minseok on!" Jongin gives him an unsure look in return. A dating website? Jongin's a hopeless romantic, he has the fantasy of meeting his perfect partner on the beach or he'll buy a coffee for the cute senior he see's at his favourite cafe (which is how he met Kyungsoo). But he was no longer a college student and Kyungsoo was merely a memory now rather than his boyfriend and years-old crush, so he decides to take a chance on internet dating and proceeds to download the app infront of Chanyeols delighted face. He registers and chooses the nickname 'Kai' knowing that the random name couldn't be linked back to him. 

---

Baekhyun had talked about anything and everything with Kyungsoo while trying to avoid a question he desperately wanted the answer to. However sooner or later, Baekhyun's patience almost always runs short. 

"Let me get to the point Soo, you need to get over Mr. ex-boyfriend and the only way to do that is with the cute guy giving you bedroom eyes from across the bar," Baekhyun finishes with a nod of his head in the direction of a tall, handsome man with sharp features and Kyungsoo regrets turning to look at him when he recieves a wink from the tall stranger. Kyungsoo turns back to Baekhyun shuddering.

"Not my taste, Baek." Kyungsoo states with a blunt look.

"Well you won't find a Kim Jongin look-a-like here!" Baekhyun rolls his eyes and leans back before an idea springs to mind and his lips curl into a grin. "I know what you can do Soo," he starts and Kyungsoo looks at him cautiously.

"What? Don't suggest that I blindfold myself while sleeping with him because I won't do it! Keep your dirty kinks away from me," Kyungsoo tone is hard but teasing

"You'll learn to love them when you grow up Kyungsoo," Baekhyun teases him with a pout before laughing and continuing "I actually thought that you could sign up for that dating site, I think it's called SM matches or something? Jongdae used it and he's marrying his computer generated match next week" Baekhyun snorts. 

Kyungsoo looks unsure but he pulls out his phone to read reviews of the app, his face turns blank and Baekhyun's sitting on the edge of his seat anticipating his answer. Kyungsoo's mind breifly flashes to a happy Kim Jongin, forgetting about Kyungsoo more and more with every hook-up.

" it." Kyungsoo says for the second time that night and he taps the download icon on the screen. He registers quickly and sets his nickname as D.O, it's personal but random enough to make sure no one he knows will recognise it.

" it." Baekhyun repeats with a smirk as he takes another swig from his drink