VI - In which Jongin never really answers a question.

Sarcastic Destiny.

Hi everyone ! 

I hope you're all doing good !

I know this isn't a really long chapter but I fugured you'd be happy to have a short one instead of not having anything :)

Hoping you'll like it !

I'll be writing more during the holidays anyway.

Merry Christmas to you all ! 

(Hope you like the way I put the text messages, it was really bothering me to just write them down since there were a lot of them :)) 

Reminder; Still not a native English speaker, so please be nice ? Thank you ;P

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

There were times when Minseok thought about his future, and there was nothing more in it than Jongdae’s smiles and laughters. The way his boyfriend would joke around, have fun and always be happy. Maybe it was a bit too soon, because Minseok was still in high school; still a teenager who didn’t know much about life. But Minseok knew how much Jongdae meant to him. How important he was. 

 

There were other times though, when Minseok wanted to strangle him. Times when Jongdae was getting on his nerves and Minseok felt like he wouldn’t be able to handle it anymore. When Jongdae was just a bit too much. A bit too loud. Just a bit too extra even if it wasn’t the right time to be.

 

There was love. Ton of it. And affection. There was need, and want. But Minseok was still young. He was still trying to figure out what he wanted to do with his life. What was his purpose and what were his goals. And it was hard, sometimes, picturing his future with Jongdae when he couldn’t even see what he was going to do in it.

 

Of course there was all the family prospect. Jongdae being by his side, having a dog, a cat, maybe a bunny. Taking care of each other. Moving in together. Getting married. Having kids. Of course there was a lot to live for, to wait for, and want and dream of. But sometimes, the perspective of being confined in their relationship, without enjoying the life that was given to him if Jongdae wasn’t there, without enjoying the job he would have to do everyday for years, without finding something to live for, something that wasn’t Jongdae, something that had nothing to do with his boyfriend, with their relationship, with their love life. Something that had nothing to do with his Âme Soeur, sometimes, all of that was so suffocating, that Minseok didn’t really know if he would be capable of living with Jongdae. 

 

There was love. And there was affection. There was need, there was happiness. But then, there was Minseok’s distress; his anxiety. How could he make Jongdae happy, if himself wasn’t capable of finding something to live for. Something to enjoy when he was alone. 

 

In times like this, Minseok couldn’t see a future. Nor could he see a present. He would see nothing. A pitch black canvas behind his eyelids, screaming at him that maybe he wasn’t good enough to be with Jongdae. That maybe they went too fast, too soon. That they were too young, and that they should have wait.

 

In times like this, his fingertips would become so cold that any drop of water nearby would turn into ice. His skin would sometimes turn blue, and his heart would feel heavy. With emptiness. 

 

" No ! You were supposed to kick him in the face you stupid moron, not fall down like a little ! " 

 

In times like this, usually, Jongdae’s voice would pull him back, warming up his chest, his hands, his heart. 

 

" Min ! Your controller isn’t working ! " Jongdae said, his eyes following his character on the screen. 

 

Minseok’s lips were pulled into a little smile, his eyes tracing his boyfriend’s profile. The dark locks on his forehead, his eyebrows, his cute little nose, the curve of his lips. 

 

" Dae, my controller is perfectly fine. Maybe you’re the one who’s not working. "

 

" Ugh, shut your mouth, you don’t know nothing. "

 

In times like this, when doubts would eat him up and pull him down, Minseok would realize, upon seeing his boyfriend acting like a child, that maybe he didn’t need to find a purpose. At least not for now. Maybe being here, now, together, was everything that counted. 

 

" Aren’t you supposed to be Mister Smartypants ? You know, the one who’s always got a clever comeback to offer ? "

 

" Why would I need that with you ? " Jongdae put the controller down, looking at Minseok.

 

" I don’t know, why do you need it with everyone else ? "

 

" Because it’s funny seeing them struggle. "

 

" It’s not funny with me ? "

 

" It is, sometimes. " He smiled, coming closer. " But now is not the time. " 

 

Minseok thought, sometimes, that Jongdae was still a bit immature. Sure, a single year wasn’t that big of an , but there were times when it felt like they were completely different. Then came those moments. Jongdae, slowly sliding his fingers between his cold ones, his cheek against his chest and kissing the back of his hand. Those times when Jongdae got it. Without a word, without a look. Minseok then remembered; why he wanted to be with him. Not because of their mark, not because it was meant to be. Jongdae was more than just destiny. He was chosen by Minseok, and that, in itself, meant more than anything else. 

 

" I love you. " Minseok kissed him on the forehead and Jongdae smiled.

 

" I know. "


 

French . 

Or more like homework . Chanyeol should have known by now, but it felt like he discovered how much he hated it all over again, every night, when he was in front of his desk. It’s not that it wasn’t interesting, but his phone was waiting to be picked up and unlocked. A few Instagram notifications were calling him, and Tumblr was just a bit too tempting. 

 

Maybe Chanyeol should have try harder, but who was he to deny his phone ? His pencil fell against his notebook, as Chanyeol was grabbing his device. As if he wasn’t supposed to talk about  French Grammar, the giant focused on his screen, his eyes reading the new message an online friend sent him on Instagram. 

 

Chanyeol met Luhan a few years ago. He was a pretty easy guy to talk to, and soon enough, the two teenagers became really close. Chanyeol supposed calling Luhan his " Fandom Soulmate " wasn’t an exaggeration. They did love all of the same things. 

 

He was typing a message for the Chinese when a new notification appeared on the top of his screen. Chanyeol opened up Jongin’s text to see his answer and send him something back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

      

 

 

 

 

 

 

    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol would be lying if he said he didn’t expect Jongin to knock on his window later that night. It was pretty obvious by the way his phone was blowing up that his best friend wanted to know what he meant in his message. To be honest, Chanyeol wasn’t really sure as to why he turned it like that. He knew exactly what it looked like, and it was the opposite of what happened, really. Chanyeol didn’t went out with Baekhyun. He met the guy in the middle of the street, and then he did him a favor. There was nothing more than this. 

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at his best friend. Why was Jongin insisting on knocking on his window instead of zapping himself inside his room was a mystery for Chanyeol, really. The giant stood up from his bed, putting his phone on the side, and stood up to let his best friend in. A shiver ran down his back, the winter weather enveloping him as soon as the window was open. 

 

" God, it’s so freaking cold outside ! " Jongin whined, his cheeks red from the cold, and his hands rubbing his arms, seeking for a bit of warmth.

 

" Maybe you should’ve thought about that this morning when you went out ? Why don’t you even have a coat ? "

 

" Because you’re my best friend, and my personal heater, I don’t need no coat "

 

" That’s stupid " Chanyeol said, looking at him dumbfounded because, really ? It’s not like they were together all day long, Chanyeol couldn’t possibly warm him up at anytime.

 

" You’re stupid " Came Jongin’s answer, as the boy put his sport bag on the chair in front of the desk, and went to sit down on his best friend’s bed. 

 

" You sure you want me to warm you up ? Because it sure doesn’t sound like you do "

 

" Aaaah, I love you Chanyeol, you’re the best, you’re amazing, can you please help me ? I’m a damsel in distress " 

 

The giant rolled his eyes once again, sitting next to Jongin and engulfing him in a hug, spreading his heat all around the tan boy. A smile appeared on the blond’s face. Being in Chanyeol’s arms felt familiar. Jongin was home, and there was nothing better than this. 

 

" Thank you " He whispered, and Chanyeol tightened his arms around him.

 

They didn’t move for a few minutes, Jongin enjoying the warmth that his best friend was giving him, and Chanyeol knowing perfectly how much Jongin loved these moments. 

 

It took a jab in his stomach for Chanyeol to move away, looking at Jongin with disgust and betrayal in his eyes.

 

" What the was that for ?? "

 

" We have to talk Mister I’m-too-cool-to-answer-your-texts. " A smug smile appeared on Chanyeol’s face and he stood up, grabbing his phone on his bedside table. " What the did you mean by ’ I went out with a guy ? ’ "

 

" What do you think ? "

 

" It’s not a game Chanyeol " Jongin hated when his best friend was acting like this. He had enough of Jongdae, they didn’t need another smarty pants. 

 

" Isn’t it ? "

 

" , spill it ! " The blond said, standing up and pulling his phone from Chanyeol’s hands. 

 

" Hey ! That’s mine ! "

 

" Who cares ! Just answer the damn question Yeol ! "

 

" What do you even wanna know ? "

 

" Who was it ? And how ? Why ? What did you guys even do ?? "

 

" Well, if I have to be honest.. "

 

" Of course you have to be honest you giant dumb "

 

" I think you’re really mean tonight "

 

" And I think you’re really stupid "

 

" You stink, did you even take a shower after your dance practice ? "

 

" I did, at Sehun’s "

 

" ..What did you guys even do ? " Chanyeol asked, suspicious.

 

" What we always do " Jongin said, " thanks for not coming by the way. "

 

" Dude ! You guys are ing disgusting ! "

 

" Disgusting for what ? We’re having fun that’s all "

 

" Can’t you have fun with someone who you’re not friend with ? "

 

" I can. I do, actually. But why should we stop ourselves ? We know each other pretty well "

 

" I don’t understand how you guys can look into each other’s eyes after that "

 

" That’s because you’re a poor little who’s never kissed anyone, Chanyeol " Jongin smiled, sitting back on the bed. 

 

" I did kiss someone ! "

 

" Your sister doesn’t count "

 

" It wasn’t Yoora ! "

 

" Your parents don’t count either. "

 

Chanyeol pouted, walking away from Jongin and to his door.

 

" Where are you going ?? "

 

" Away from you "

 

" Chanyeol ! "

 

" It’s dinner time, bring your here, I’ll tell you everything after that "

 

Jongin was satisfied with the answer and followed his best friend to the kitchen, giving him his phone back.

 

 

He couldn’t really deny the fact that he had fun. He couldn’t pretend either, that he didn’t appreciate the laughs, and the smiles, and the conversation. He had a good time. He felt carefree. He felt good. 

 

It had been a long time since he had went out with someone else than his best friend, and Baekhyun almost forgot how it felt like. Building a wall around himself was a good idea, at least he was sure no one was going to hurt him, but it also meant than no one could really make him feel good either. Yixing didn’t like it. The way his friend was keeping everything in and blocking anything out. He thought Baekhyun deserved better. Baekhyun deserved to be happy. 

 

" Yi’, could you stop ? "

 

" Stop what ? " 

 

" I can see you staring at me. "

 

" I’m not staring, I’m thinking "

 

" Same Yi’, when you think, you stare "

 

Baekhyun was sitting on his bed, a notebook wide open, a pencil in his hand, his legs crossed and his laptop on it, trying really hard to do his homework instead of browsing through Instagram; or even worse, Tumblr. He would probably never come back to his actual work if he went and got lost on the website. 

 

" Are you gonna see him again ? " The older suddenly asked, nervously playing with his pencil. 

 

" I have eyes, so I probably will " Came Baekhyun’s answer, said eyes looking adamantly at his Civilization notes. He didn’t need Yixing to explain what he meant, his best friend couldn’t get his head around the fact that Baekhyun could potentially have made a new friend. He wouldn’t drop the subject since he got there. 

 

" You know what I mean " He pouted. Baekhyun didn’t want to humor him. Baekhyun sighed, letting the pencil fall against the paper. 

 

" I don’t know Yixing, maybe I will see him again, we exchanged numbers and all. " The brunet started to smile widely, to what Baekhyun lifted his hand to stop him right away. " No Yixing. Not like that. "

 

" Well, you don’t know what could happen " 

 

" It’s not about what could happen. It’s about what I want or don’t want to happen. "

 

" Baekhyun.. You cannot just keep everything and everyone away just because you’re scared.. "

 

" Yeah ? Well, watch me " The small guy smiled, grabbing his pencil and closing the discussion definitively. 

 

Sometimes, Yixing thought it would be a good idea to just make everything disappear from Baekhyun’s mind. From the pain, to the heartbreak, to all the good times they had. Everything that could potentially led him to what he was feeling today. He could, it was in his power. Call it a gift, call it a malediction, but Yixing’s ability to heal was beyond expectation. So the doctors said. 

 

He learned it the harsh way, when he tried to make his cousin feel better, by sliding his hands on his chest and soothing his heart. Yixing was still young at the time. He was still a little boy, only wanting to do good, and ending up erasing everything. He didn’t expect, as he felt his magic flowing into his cousin’s chest, that not only he would take the pain away, but also the memories of everything that was even remotely related to the pain. Only when Yixing lifted his little hands, feeling all the sadness twirling inside his little body, and seeing the smile sliding on his cousin’s face, only then, when Yudong seemed so peaceful and happy, Yixing understood. He didn’t need for Yudong to say anything, he just knew. It had made a mess, really. It would probably have been okay, if it wasn’t such a big part of his cousin’s life, but the pain Yixing felt inside his little heart was not only a meaningless, teenager’s heartbreak. It wasn’t just a few tears that would be forgotten as time would go by. Yixing took everything out. All the memories of his cousin’s father. Everything, from the way he smiled, to the way he took his last breath. Yudong wasn’t feeling any pain anymore, because Yudong didn’t have any memory of his father, and the way he left them after being hit by a car. 

 

Sometimes, Yixing hated his power. Seeing Yudong living a happy and peaceful life was amazing, but the way his aunt hated him since that day was painful. 

 

Looking at Baekhyun though, Yixing would, sometimes, somedays, when he couldn’t handle the idea of his best friend being hurt anymore, think that taking it all away was the solution. He would rapidly slap himself in his mind though, because erasing everything never was the best option.

 

" What ya’ thinking now pretty boy ? " Baekhyun’s voice pulled him out of his thoughts, and Yixing looked at him when his best friend put his finger between his eyes to get rid of the frown. 

 

" Nothing " Yixing smiled. " Are you done with your homework ? "

 

" Nope. Never am, never will. "

 

" Baekhyun, you need to get this done ! You’re already a week behind on this assignment ! "

 

" Yeah, I know Yixing, why do you think I’m working this hard ? "

 

" You call this working hard ? "

 

" You were the one who talked to me ! " Baekhyun said, taking offense.

 

" Was I ? " The brunet asked, tilting his head a little. Baekhyun scoffed but didn’t say anything. He was used to it. It was just the way Yixing was. 

 

" Nevermind " The blond said, " I’m taking a break. " He sat down on the floor, his phone in his right hand, and his legs laid in front of him. " You’ sleeping here tonight ? "

 

" I don’t know, I couldn’t get Mom on the phone so I couldn’t ask her "

 

" Just send her a text "

 

" We’re talking about my mom. " 

 

" Ugh, right, she doesn’t know how it works " Baekhyun’s eyes were stuck on his screen, his head wondering if he should actually send a text. " By the way, you haven’t told me. Was the guy nice ? "

 

" What guy ? "

 

" You went to one of your classmate’s house, that guy "

 

" Oh ! Junmyeon ! "

 

" Right, Junmyeon. How was he ? "

 

" He’s really cool ! He told me everything I needed to know about the school, and he gave me his notes, with explanation for what I didn’t understand "

 

" Seems like a nice guy indeed " Baekhyun smiled.

 

" Yes ! He said if I need anything I could go to him, he would be glad to help ! "

 

" I’m happy you found someone this nice " Yixing smiled back.

 

" I think he likes to watch the sky. He’s got a telescope in his room, and a poster with all the constellations on it. It was really pretty. "

 

" Cute. Nerdy, but cute "

 

" Don’t be mean ! "

 

"  Mean ? Me ? Never ! " 

 

Yixing pouted, his eyes following Baekhyun’s fingers on his screen, trying to understand what his best friend was doing.

 

Baekhyun was still wondering if it was ok, or too risky. 

 

After what seems like hours — at least in Baekhyun’s mind — he finally decided that it was worth a try. He knew what to expect anyway. 

 


 

 

" So in fact you didn’t go out with anyone at all ? "

 

" Nah. "

 

Chanyeol could see the bored expression on Jongin’s face, and it was worth it, bothering Jongin. Even though his best friend made fun of him earlier. 

 

The teenager didn’t expect to receive a text, because Jongin was with him, and he was perfectly aware of the fact that Minseok and Jongdae were together as well, thanks to a pretty cheesy — dared he say cute — picture Jongdae posted on Twitter earlier. He saw Jongin grab his phone before he could react, and a smirk appeared on his best friend’s face.

 

" BaekSun huh ? "

 

" What ? " Chanyeol choked on his own saliva and jumped on Jongin to take his phone. 

 

" I thought his name was Baekhyun ? " His smirk grew bigger and Chanyeol’s cheeks turned red, looking at the name on his screen. 

 

" It is ! It’s just.. It’s just because of something he said earlier ! "

 

" That’s a lame nickname you know ? "

 

" Your face is lame " Answered Chanyeol, opening the text as Jongin sat properly beside him.

 

They talked back and forth, Jongin not moving from his spot next to Chanyeol as the giant was answering his new friend. 

 

" He’s so ing flirty " Came Jongin’s voice, after Baekhyun answered as soon at the text was delivered. 

 

" He’s not, that’s just how he is " 

 

" Sure, sure " the blond rolled his eyes " Are you gonna see him again ? "

 

" I don’t know, maybe ? " Chanyeol’s voice was unsure, and Jongin looked at him for a while before saying anything.

 

" The guy seems cool, you should hang out with him more " 

 

" We’ll see, I guess.. "

 

" Anyway " Jongin stood up, grabbing his sport bag on the chair. " I’m gonna go now "

 

" Already ? It’s not even 10PM " Chanyeol said, looking at the time on his watch. " You leave pretty late usually.. "

 

" Ooooh, you don’t want me to leave ? You’re gonna miss me too bad ? " Jongin pinched Chanyeol’s cheek and the giant pushed his hand away.

 

" Okay, get the out of here, I don’t like you "

 

" Right, you prefer ‘BaekSun’ " He , a playful smile on his face.

 

" I don’t ! Stop saying stupid and leave already ! "

 

" Of course you don’t " Jongin winked and zapped himself out before Chanyeol could answer. He sighed, looking at his phone one more time, the question Baekhyun’s sent still waiting for an answer.    

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There was a knock on Chanyeol’s door, followed a few seconds later by the soft voice of his dad asking if he could come in. After hearing his son’s answer, Mr.Lee Donghae appeared in the frame, sweetly smiling up at Chanyeol. The teenager smiled in return, watching as his dad was closing the door behind him and walking to the bed. There was no particular reason for his dad to be here, it was just something that they did since Chanyeol was a kid. As his father would sometimes work really late to support the family, or sometimes be on business trips, his dad would feel lonely, and Chanyeol and Yoora would miss their father very much. They would huddle up against one another, talking about their day, and enjoying the warmth of their home. It was very different now that Yoora was in college, and that his father went on fewer trips, but they liked to keep the tradition, and so Chanyeol and his dad always made time to be together and have a talk. Sometimes his father would be there as well, but tonight, it seemed like only his dad was joining the party.

 

" Jongin’s already gone I see " 

 

" Yeah, I don’t really know why.. He didn’t really answer to me when I asked "

 

" I thought this would be all three of us today " Chanyeol shrugged, not really knowing what to say more than this. " How is he feeling ? " He was well aware of Jongin’s state of heart.  

 

" I would love to say that he’s feeling better but I’m not so sure myself.. "

 

" Did something happen ? " His dad frowned, looking concerned. Jongin was like a second son to him. 

 

" Well something did happen but I don’t really understand why it can trigger anything in him.. "

 

" I’m listening " Mr. Lee sat on the bed, watching as his son crossed his legs, sitting on the floor. 

 

" It doesn’t really make sense.. Because it’s not the first that it happens, and we both know that Jongin is a really sweet guy right ? " He looked at his dad, waiting for an answer, and all he got was a nod. " Did I ever talk about Do Kyungsoo ? " Chanyeol tilted his head. 

 

" Hm, no, not really. I know about him, he’s Do Haneul’s younger son right ? "

 

" I guess ? I don’t really know him honestly.. Appart from all the rumors around him "

 

" Chanyeol, don’t make an opinion of someone based on rumors, you hear me ? " 

 

" No, no ! I know dad ! It’s not like that ! I don’t have an opinion on him, really, I just don’t know the guy at all ! "

 

" Hm.. "

 

" He just.. He was at the party, and well.. Jongin wasn’t feeling good at all.. I couldn’t talk about it this weekend because he was here, and he didn’t want to hear about it, we had a silent agreement about that, but Jongin was feeling really down.. "

 

" Chanyeol.. I’m not sure avoiding the subject is the best thing to do.. "

 

" It’s not about avoiding it.. It’s more about talking about it when Jongin feels like it.. "

 

" Which he rarely does "

 

" Dad.. Would you let me finish ? "

 

" Hm hm, go ahead " His father said, apologetic. 

 

" So, apparently Kyungsoo ran into Jongin at the party, quite literally, and spilled his glass on him " His dad was still nodding, waiting to hear the rest of the story " I don’t really know why Jongin reacted the way he did, but he was pissed, and when I found him later, he really wasn’t okay.. He.. He cried that night.. I know I wasn’t supposed to hear it or anything, but I did and well.. I didn’t really know what to do other than spread my warmth around him and hold his hand.. "

 

" Sometimes we just need a shoulder to cry on Chanyeol.. I’m sure he appreciated it "

 

" I know he did but that’s not enough.. Listen, today it happened again.. I wasn’t there, but at lunch Kyungsoo spilled his tray on Jongin and apparently he went off on the guy in front of the entire cafeteria.. Jongdae said that Jongin was being a real jerk to Kyungsoo.. That’s not like him to act like that.. Even less for something as ridiculous as that.. "

 

" Did you try to talk about it with Jongin ? "

 

" I did, but all he said was that Kyungsoo really pissed him off and that’s all "

 

" So basically Jongin doesn’t want to talk about it "

 

" Feels like it, yeah.."

 

" And tonight he left earlier without saying why ? "

 

" Yeah, which is really weird since he hates being at home "

 

" You know Chanyeol, maybe Jongin needs someone to push him around a little bit, and to make him lash out. I’m not saying it’s a good thing that he’s acting like that against Kyungsoo, the poor kid didn’t do anything to deserve it, but maybe Jongin just needed an excuse to finally let it all out.."

 

" What do you mean ? " 

 

" Jongin has been keeping his feelings in for years now, and I know you don’t talk about it with him because you feel like it’s just going to make him feel even more bad.. But maybe he needs to talk about it.. Maybe he needs to feel bad, so he can finally feel better.. "

 

" So you’re saying I’m the worst friend ever " 

 

" No Chanyeol " His dad stood up, and crouched down in front of his son. Even like that, Chanyeol was almost a head taller than him. His little boy grew up way too fast. " You’re an incredible friend. You’ve been by his side everyday since you were 2 years old. You held his hand through everything. Through the good times, to the worse. Anybody would be happy to have you as their friend. " Chanyeol didn’t seem convinced by this. " And even today. You’re trying really hard to understand what is going on inside his head. You’re always trying to make him feel better and at ease. To the point when sometimes I’m actually worried about you, because you don’t let yourself be sad. "

 

" Dad.. "

 

" I understand that you feel like you have the responsibility to be the happy one. You feel like you need to smile everyday because if you don’t then Jongin will never allow himself to feel bad in front of you, but Chanyeol, I don’t think it’s healthy, for neither of you.. Jongin has been going through things that I can’t even imagine. His life hasn’t been easy, but it doesn’t mean you can’t be sad. And it certainly doesn’t mean that you can’t feel bad. "

 

" I can’t be sad Dad, look at the life I have "

 

"  Someone else's misfortune does not minimize yours. Do you think Jongin would like it if he knew that ? "

 

" No.. " Chanyeol looked down, nervously playing with his phone. 

 

" You both need to learn how to talk about how you feel baby. If you don’t, then you’re going to implode "

 

" I’m just scared.. "

 

" I know you are.. " The teenager felt his dad’s hand sliding in his hair. " But if Jongin is starting to act like that now, it maybe means that he can’t take it anymore. He kept too much in, and now it’s collapsing. It was bound to happen.. "

 

" I should have said something.. " 

 

" You did what you thought was the best for him, and you can’t beat yourself over that okay ? "

 

" Then what am I supposed to do now ? "

 

" Try to talk to him.. But mostly.. Jongin needs to see someone, because you may be his best friend, but there are things you just cannot do " 

 

Chanyeol knew he was right. To a certain extent, Chanyeol had been avoiding talking about the way Jongin felt, because it meant focusing on the bad, and they both were trying to focus on the good, to forget everything else. Maybe that wasn’t the best option. Maybe it made things worse and now they were witnessing their failure. Chanyeol wasn’t really sure about it anymore. All he knew was that he loved Jongin, and that he was worried about him. 

 

 

 

 

A/N : 

  • Hi guys ! It's been a while heh..
  • I hope everything has been going just fine for you all !
  • What did you think about this chapter then ? Like I said, I hope you liked the way I put the text messages. It was easier to understand like this :)
  • I wish you all a Merry Christmas (even tho it's not christmas anymore meh) and a very nice winter break for those who don't celebrate Christmas ! 
  • Also, I started a Chanbaek SNS Au on Twitter so if you wanna check it out it's over there :3 >  Here 
  • I also posted it on AFF and AO3 in case some people wanted to read it but did not have Twitter ! > Here
  • Uni has been treating me good so far, I hope it's the same for you all :) 
  • Again, happy holidays to everyone, and see you soon !