Over V

The Blue Note

I guess this is goodbye.

Nayeon looked back, to be met with the familiar outlook of the shop which she had entered yesterday, the books in the corner shelf ordered neatly, still burning brightly in the corner of her eyes. The empty counterparts and seats, left untouched by everything but the soft light brown dust coating it. Everything was back to normal.

She hated that.

It’s as if nothing even happened, as if she didn’t enter that shop that changed her whole life, as if she didn’t meet the stranger that threw her whole life in the opposite direction.

Get a grip Nayeon, forget it, just like they said.

She remembers vividly, so clearly like the transparent waters of the infamous Blue Lake. Even though she was meant to forget, how could she ever? She’s a completely different person just because of this.

The gun resting softly against her forehead, yet the intentions behind it the complete opposite. The dark tall man watching her like a hawk, straight through her whole being like she was just an object. She remembers everything.

Even though she doesn’t want to.

The way the stranger held her hand, the way she talked smoothly into her ear, making her senses fill with the scent of the stranger infront of her. Her soft chuckle at their first meeting, the way their fingers entangled gently, the way just a few words could make Nayeon trust her, everything. That stranger was literally everything.

Stop thinking about it, it’s clear that you’ll never meet her again.

She dug through the small pocket of her black plaided school skirt once again, retrieving the crushed blue note from her pocket. It truly was a wonder how this note seemed to never break even though Nayeon had kept it for two years now, never acting on the words written until yesterday. She opened the note once again, for the tenth time just this day, relishing what the blue ink wrote infront of her.

Sometimes she wondered how she even got such a note, was it ever meant for someone else? This exact day, two years ago, when she was still small, when she was still the coward she hated herself to be, she was met with this blue note. This small note that held the nine words enough to change her.

Not everything has to be understood to be loved.

That wasn’t true right? It couldn’t be. It just couldn’t. How could you truly love something without understanding it, without knowing it for everything that it is? Lovers know each other inside out, Nayeon had never met anything else. Yes, there was obsessive love and abusive love, but love itself was a completely different concept. A completely different world.

All Nayeon wanted was to know why she had specifically received this letter. Or was it someone else’s this whole time? Questions never stop to clash her head, yet she effortlessly manages to forget them just due to one mere thought on the stranger she had met yesterday.

This stranger really changed me didn’t she?

That was truly the understatement of the century, even to Nayeon herself.

But that was all she was, a stranger.

=========================================================

Oooh, a blue note. What does that mean? I don’t know, do you?

I really don’t know what I’m even doing with my life.

I just realized I took 4 freaking chapters to describe one encounter. Or my chapters are just short. Probably the latter.

You up know what else I realized while literally editing my chapter? The fact that every authors note was signed off with my WATTPAD and AO3 name. Not asianfanfic. What the hell is wrong with me? (Wattpad and AO3: PersonalPages, AsianFanFics: WhateverTwice)

Well, now that I’ve started it, I won’t stop.

 

... Personal Pages