Oblivion III

The Blue Note

“I won’t hurt you. Trust me, please.”

Why does that sound so familiar?

Nayeon looked straight into the chocolate brown eyes staring back at her. How could she trust such a girl? She didn’t even know the answer herself, but this girl seemed trustable enough. Even with the gangster look she had, the brown long locks that reached near her hips, and those fingerless gloves that loosely fitted her hands, she looked sympathetic to the girl infront of her. Like they had been in the same position before.

I should stop being such a coward.

“Okay.”

Nayeon had finally been able to get a word out of after entering the abandoned shop.

She had not even realized that the trustable stranger infront of her was holding her hand throughout the whole encounter. Nayeon had blushed slightly knowing that the gangster girl infront of her was holding her, and that also quite firmly.

Is she trying to protect me from something?

It wouldn’t make sense for her to hold her hand so firmly if she wasn’t a little afraid that something would harm the school girl behind her. Maybe this stranger wasn’t a bad as she thought.

Maybe her parents were wrong about strangers.

Gosh, why is she holding my hand? I don’t even know this girl.

They finally made it to the bottom of the stairs, avoiding a bunch of drunks here and there. It was clear that this stranger girl was trying to clear her of the dangers of this place.

And even if this girl was holding her hand, why was Nayeon taking pleasure in that?

Shut up.

Nayeon shook her head violently to get rid of such thoughts. What was she even thinking? There was no way Nayeon even came close to enjoying that. Yes, maybe the sympathy and kindness the girl gave her was nice, but the hand holding was definitely unnecessary.

At least that was what she thought.

“Dhonobad, Nayeon.”

That was the last thing she heard from the stranger before she disappeared into the night. The school girl was left alone once again, in the corner of the dance club, all by herself.

Dhono- what?

She frantically looked around for the kind girl who had reassured her that she was safe. Her head spun in all directions just for a glimpse of her, a hint of her, something of her.

Who would’ve thought that just 3 minutes ago, Nayeon was ready to sprint out just because of her?

Where is she? Where is she? God, she couldn’t even give me her name couldn’t she?!

Nayeon was frustrated. No, scratch that, she was absolutely boiling. She had come here to expect a good time, to have fun and let loose, only to be searching for a stranger that had only spoke twelve words to her. Twelve words. Twelve words. Was such a small amount of words able to change anyone so quickly?

I hate this.

She pushed and shoved through the mass of bodies dancing all around her. She needed to find this girl. After all, who else would show such a shy, normal looking girl around an area like this?

I absolutely hate this.

To make things worse, a song boomed out of the speakers that caused all the girls around her to squeal, successfully breaking the eardrums of Nayeon. Everyone, every single person, had suddenly immigrated from the dance floor, all the way to the edges and corners of the room, cheering for some random bunch of teenagers who entered the stage. Each one of them having their own unique yet disastrously wannabe gangster style, she was ready to rush to the restrooms to puke just by glancing. Only one of them looked decently close to a gangster, that being the one with a plain black hat and a gold chain dangling across his chest.

What she didn’t realize was that she was the only one still on the dance floor.

“What the hell are you doing?” The trustable stranger harshly whispered after grabbing her and pushing her towards the back.

Oh, Thank god! There you are!

Nayeon was blooming with joy after seeing the face that lead her here once with her again. She almost squealed in joy, then realizing how girly that sounded and how disgusted the stranger infront of her might be after she would do that. She grabbed the strangers hand, intertwining them, afraid to see her vanish through thin air once again.

“Where were you?” Nayeon whispered back at her after being squished into the unholy mess of bodies that stuck to the corner of the club. Girls were still squealing behind her and all she wanted to do is throw them out of the window.

“Nowhere you need to know, Im Nayeon.”

After three times of the gangster girl saying her name freely, it finally dawned on the school girl.

How the hell does this girl know my name?!

=========================================================

I bet none of you know what Dhonobad means, it actually comes from my mother-tongue. Anyone wanna have a guess?

Anyone want to have a guess on the basic plot of this story? I won’t tell you if it’s wrong or right, I just want to see the creativity of my readers.

If you don’t wanna do that, maybe share your opinion on this? It could be anything from how this story is a blemish to the world of Twice fan-fiction or how this story is amazing. If it is.

I know, I use a very weird writing way. It is both 3rd and first perspective and both in past and present, only for Nayeon is it a personal point of view. (Maybe The Stranger will be next?) I just found this a better way of presenting my work as it doesn’t give away too much information but also is able to give the actual characters perspective on anything.

So yeah, I guess that’s it.

... Personal Pages