Obvious I

The Blue Note

Everything was obvious. From the echoes of the bass beats thundering the floor, accompanied by the mysterious outlook of the shop, it was obvious that this was the place.

What wasn’t obvious was why I was here.

Why am I here?

All Nayeon could do was look around. The emptiness of the shop was meant to be creepy, but that attracted her more. Soft rings of a golden, slightly rusted bell, resonated from above her, filling the room with the sound. Everything was ordinary yet so dead obvious, so why was she here?

The dusty countertop had no staff behind it, and the books squished tightly in the corner burned bright in her eyes. Almost as if they were begging to be released, as if she was their only savior.

Should I do it?

Note, the blue note. It was her only answer, her only satisfier in her boring life. She took the crunched up paper from the back of her black plaid uniform skirt, unraveling it for all its beauty. Which it held none to. It was written rushed, the rough blue scribbles across the words a clear explanation. A sharp, dark blue ink had been used, the letters of the rushed handwriting revealing themselves and she took another step towards her ultimate goal. 

Her legs pressed on, even though her mind was wary on her decisions. She knew what laid behind those walls, those messy stacks of books that laid untouched against the auburn wooden bookshelf. She knew it, yet she went ahead.

I did it.

Her whole mind was erupting with fear.

Why did I do it?

Here she was, her body tingling with the flood of excitement consuming her. She couldn’t deny the feelings she felt.

She couldn’t deny it.

I had been preparing myself for this for days. Months even! Why should I back out now? I deserve some freedom too!

And in that single moment, did the bookshelf collapse in all its glory.

================================================================================================

So, that’s the start. Yay.

... Personal Pages