四 four

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat leaned back on the couch, his eyes wandering to the lights on the ceiling. They then made their way to the clock.
'What's taking Kyungsoo so long?' He wondered.
He tried to shift his focus to his laptop and back to his work, but something was troubling him.
'Your impure love for humans is what landed you here in the first place.' Gabriel's words played in his head over and over again. 
'That cheeky bastard knows how to get on people's nerves all too well.' 

Just then he heard the doorbell ring. 
He quickly jogged over to the door, and opened it, only to find it was not Kyungsoo.
His eyes lowered a little to make eye contact with the visitor. He recognized her as Kyungsoo's childhood friend from the other day, she seemed extremely surprised.
"Oh hi." He spoke in his low charming voice. "You're here for Kyungsoo? He'll be back shortly." 
He held the door for her like a gentleman and let her go in first.
After offering her a glass of juice he sat back down on the couch with his laptop, getting back to responding to emails he accumulated throughout the day when he was on his little escapade to meet 'Luhan'.
He was quite unbothered by the existence of this other person in the same room as him, he frankly didn't care. 

Bora, on the other hand, couldn't help but feel uneasy. She quietly sipped on her drink, while taking her time to observe this man in front of her. One of the first questions that popped into her head was 'What is he doing over here?' but since he was Kyungsoo's friend, she tried not to think too much of it.
Secondly, God, he was good looking. Obviously, she had noticed this the first time she met him but for some reason, he looked even better than before.
That being said, there was also something incredibly wrong with him.
She did feel something out of place the first time she laid eyes on him, but this time she could sense it. A pitch black aura resonating from him, that's how she would describe it. She had her doubts the first time, but now she was sure. Byun Baekhyun was most definitely not human.

Bora was no stranger to supernatural occurrences, she has sighted many frightening things in her lifetime. But this Baekhyun was somehow different. 
Her hands were shivering slightly, solely by being in his presence. 
What was he? A vampire? A werewolf? A sea monster? She couldn't read him in the slightest.
Above all, he looked convincingly human. And an entrancing human at that.
She wondered how Kyungsoo being the fanatic he never took notice. Could she be wrong?
'No that's impossible.' she convinced herself.
An odd feeling or two could be a mistake, but felt herself being crushed under the weight of his presence? That was no mistake.
She looked at the time. It was past twilight. 
'Does his presence get stronger around these hours?' 
She tried to reason why was he suddenly a lot scarier. 
'Perhaps…he's a creature of the dark.'
She herself had close to no clue what that me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter