十 ten

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

…who overcomes

By force, hath overcome but half his foe.

Baekhyun sat at his desk contemplating his next move. He lived in a penthouse in a really expensive highrise in Myeongdong.  A lavish lifestyle fits for a prince, if you may. He could already see a massive influx of emails from old and new customers alike, scrunching his eyebrows in frustration, he wondered if he should answer them or not. Baekhyun, in general, had strong work ethics. He never let anything interfere with his daily grind, and he worshipped his craft.

This craft was buying and selling information, hence aptly named information brokerage. Baekhyun loved many things about his career, but what he loved most was dealing with humans. 

He had many interesting tales to tout of, like the time he tried a group suicide with a bunch of atheists, or the time he had the strongest bodyguard in the country indebted to him. They all were unique, wonderful humans and Baekhyun was glad to be able to witness their undoing. That being said, seeing Kyungsoo stabbed for the second time in his life was something Baekhyun wasn't looking forward to. It bothered him, worried him, and rendered Baekhyun incapable of concentrating on the work at hand.He genuinely did not have any clue about who would do this. Despite working as an underground doctor on multiple occasions, Kyungsoo had no enemies. This could only mean one thing- someone was trying to get the better of Baekhyun.

It did infuriate him. Regardless of whether his enemies were mortals, or of the higher realms. Everyone knew better than to mess with him.It didn't matter which face he wore, that of the information broker Byun Baekhyun, or second in the hierarchy of Hell, Lucifer. His very presence was earth-shattering, and no one could take him on by themselves, except a handful of distinguished individuals.

God, Satan, Archangel Michael, and Park Chanyeol. Perhaps Beelzebub and Astaroth when they worked together. 

The perpetrator could be any of them except Chanyeol. Regardless how much Baekhyun hated his being, he knew better than suspecting Chanyeol of inflicting harm upon Kyungsoo.Baekhyun had seldom used his powers since he began his permanent residence in the world. He believed humans were far too easy to break just by words and thoughts alone, and physical exploitation was unnecessary. He could get by using his charm and wit, and also his excellent manipulation skills, this was his modus operandi.  

What differentiated him from the average human, or demon, was the strength of his resolve. Baekhyun was neither good nor evil. He was impartial to humans, and willingly took everything they threw at him. Of course, these rules had exceptions too. The fallen angel had limits of his own, an occasion, those limits were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter