一 one

Paradise Lost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 enter: lee bora 

Bora pulled Kyungsoo into a tight hug, her squeals extremely audible. It had certainly been a long time coming.

"Oh my god look at you!" She gushed. "You've become so handsome."

Kyungsoo shyly scratched the back of his neck, the embarrassment was a bit too much.

"You sound like an old lady." 

He received a blow in the stomach the minute he said those words.

"You're supposed to compliment me too, idiot."

"You've gotten thinner, Bobo." He sneered, much to her frustration.

"Don't call me that, Kyungie."

Bora hadn't seen Kyungsoo since they were children. Her parents moved to the United States when she was ten, and since then the only way she kept in touch with Kyungsoo was with letters.Of course, this was the modern era, so instead of a letter, they used texts as adults. But that didn't change the feeling. Bora had finally moved back to South Korea to work in a software consultancy firm. Her first real job since graduation. 

Do Kyungsoo and Lee Bora practically grew up together, from studying in the same elementary school to living in mansions right next to each other. Even so, they lived in entirely different worlds.

Kyungsoo had a penchant for the supernatural, the unknown. Even though he was a plastic surgeon by profession, he often broke into haunted houses, and sites of supernatural activities as a 'hobby', his odd obsession stemmed from a certain incident.

Bora could see the supernatural. Things that the normal human eyes would miss, or would purposely ignore. She could see it all. 

"Treat is on me," Kyungsoo spoke triumphantly, as the two walked into a cafe in downtown Gangnam.

Gangnam, this is where she would be living. 

One of the most sought-after districts in South Korea, this place could never go dull, or so she had heard.

Kyungsoo had moved to Gangnam a year after Bora moved. He claimed to know the most influential people in the city, and also the most dangerous. Kyungsoo jokingly referred to himself as a 'Gangnam Encyclopedia'.

Currently, they were sitting in a cafe which according to the man himself, served some of the best coffee in Seoul. Bora certainly didn't doubt his judgment.She took some time to notice how much Kyungsoo had changed.Even though she had been seeing him in his profile pictures all this while, seeing him in person was an entirely different experience.Kyungsoo was a young man of average height. His dark hair was pushed back neatly and he wore thick-rimmed spectacles.He definitely exuded the 'doctor' vibe. A well dressed, well-kept man of honor. Also extremely good looking.

Or so it seemed. Bora was unaware of Kyungsoo's involvement in the underground medical market. He often performed surgeries that required secrecy. Like treating gun wounds or changing the faces of criminals entirely. But he didn't need to tell this to anyone, those who knew, already knew. The rest could be kept in the dark, that included Bora as well.

Bora had her own share of secrets too. She had never once mentioned about her encounters with the creatures of the dark, even when Kyungsoo gushed about how much they fascinated him. She didn't want people to see and experience the same 'horrors' she did. She wanted them to stay in the light forever.

Bora scrolled through the news page on the phone. Stopping on a certain article.

"Kyungsoo…what are suicide pacts?" She questioned innocently.As an immediate response Kyungsoo stiffened.

"Ah well…" he began, not entirely sure how to put it in words. "It's like suicidal individuals on school trip…..where they di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter