Arts

Drabbles (Seulrene edition)

It's disheartening to see almost all living creatures in the planet believe in the fires of hell. I mean, it's basically true but the image sculpted to everybody's mind is unacceptable. I've been living here in the world of humans for quite some time now. A vacation--that's what they call it. I'm planning to go back to my father on the day when the moon hides back to the darkness. 

"Cousin." Yeri called me.

"Hm?" I mummed.

"That offspring of a fallen angel has come for you. She's waiting downstairs." She informed. 

"How many times do I have to remind you to speak carefully? If someone hears us, they'll suffer. I've had enough seeing humans in that state." I said in a tone above a whisper. One can never guarantee a safe place.

"Mm. Fine. You hurry up. You don't want the guest to be waiting for long." She remarked and immediately walked away back to her own room. 

I checked my appearance on the mirror before I finally made my way downstairs.

"Hey." I greeted to the unexpected visitor.

"Joohyun." She smiled as she acknowledged.

"What errand are you here for? Is there still something missing from what I ordered from your shop?" I asked and immediately got down to business. It's not like I do not fancy talking to her but the thought of being attached to a human being--and a child of a fallen angel at that--scares me. I'm leaving in no time and I don't want it to be regretful.

"No. Nothing. I... I'm actually here to invite you to the festival. If-if that is okay with you of course! I was just thinking--" 

"You're blabbering again." I smiled. 

"Sorry." She said while covering her flushed face with both hands.

She's like this when she talks to me, you see. We met a week ago in a shop her family owns. I was looking for brushes and acrylic paint and one of my trusted informants told me that their shop sells a lot of these. It appeased me to know that they do delivery for the convenience of their customers, and so I told her if they could send me my things instead. 

Yesterday, she came here to deliver my things. My cousin in the underworld but sister in the human world, Yeri, was present in the house. She immediately knew that she has a blood of a fallen angel because of our ability to trace up one's ancestors and immediately made fun of the latter. Yeri only then decided to call me when she was done with her questions to the unsuspecting guest. I figured out that Yeri also asked about the latter being interested dating me that's why she's having a hard time being comfortable talking to me which leads her to blabber whatever is on her mind.

"Joohyun?" She waved a hand in front of me and that's when I snapped out of my reverie. 

"Yeah? You were talking about the festival, yes?" I confirmed.

"Yes." She grinned. 

"Okay." I answered, a little bit guilty that I spaced out in front of her earlier.

"Okay? Okay as in yes for the festival?" She asked, looking all excited. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay as in yes for the festival." 

She let out a small squeal before sprinting out of house with the last remark:

"I'll consider it as a date!" 

I walked back to my room with a stretching smile on my face. Yeri welcomed me when I opened the door.

"You know, you could spend more time in here. Postpone your plan of going back. Have fun hanging out with that Kang Seulgi. I have her number and don't ask how I got it." She walked pass me and walked out of my room. 

I picked up the paper she left on my bedside and looked at the number. Why not?

To: Kang Seulgi

A date it is. ;)

-brushes and paints

 

---

A/N: A short thought I suddenly had and I figured that I should put it in words. I think I should write this as a full story (what you think?) so that I could elaborate more but I'm afraid I still can't do it yet. So I think I'll just wait 'till my hand itches to write again.

I consider this as my last thought for a story before I turn 17 tomorrow. Damn, I don't want to age. Being adult is complicated. Hahahaha