Piano

Drabbles (Seulrene edition)

Kang Seulgi always goes to the town's center. Her driver once dropped her there because of some errand and once she heard the piano, she always insisted that they go to the place at least every Saturday. She always sits by the window (that she knows because of the heat she's feeling when she knows it's still morning) and waits for the person playing the piano. She was told the person was a 'she' but she doesn't mind. She doesn't mind falling in love with the sound and falling in love with the one playing.

Bae Joohyun is a talented girl that loves to play piano. She very much liked to play around the snow and roller-skating under the sun as a kid. Too bad, she cannot do these things now. Her life sentence is too grave. And she was told that in 1-2 months time, she'll have to say goodbye. She got this very critical and rare disease. She cannot remember the scientific name but all she knows is that she's internally attacked by her own cells. It eats her organs and by time, she'll fail to play piano. So for the remaining 2 months of her life, she tries to remember the soft surface of the keys under her fingers. She tries to remember the melodic sound of playing the piano. 

And sure she'll remember that one person who sits by the window, listening to her playing sad melodies.

 

Just like any other weekends from 5 weeks ago, Seulgi felt the adrenaline in her knowing she'll be at the center again. All week, she has been waiting and anticipating for this day. 

"Mr. Park? Should we go now?" She asked the family driver.

"Of course, miss." The old man replied and assisted Seulgi inside the car.

Arriving at the center, Mr. Park aided Seulgi to sit by the window once again and looked around the room. He noticed one difference. The grand piano was covered. He wondered what happened why the instrument was secluded and asked to one of the center's nurses. That's how he knew that the beautiful young lady that once played the piano has already slept with no plans of waking up again since yesterday evening. It devastated him. It was unfair how life is restricted to some people while some are out there, wasting their time instead. He let out a tear himself before going back to the room. Seulgi was still there, waiting. Mr. Park heard her muttering why is no one playing yet. Being able to also play piano and being accustomed to the tune of Bae Joohyun, he lifted up the white cloth. 

Seulgi heard the familiar sound of the chair being dragged. She smiled. She has been anticipating the instrument's sound. And when she heard that familiar sad tune being played, she smiled.

 

--

 

A/N: Yass, this is inspired by Jin's 'Gone' (너만 없다). Just remembered the song last night after watching some sad short film so I wrote this 😁😂